Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Hi,

I have not posted anything on this forum for a long time. Am so excited to have LJG back on my tv screen real soon. I miss him so much that I started marathoning Scarlet Heart all over again. Wang So is so iconic and unforgettable.

I read some comments about KES' latest drama, Mr. Sunshine. Personally, I feel it's not a bad thing that he was not chosen or even considered for her latest project. Her works always lack of substance and full of filler and to me, LJG is more of a heavy-material instead of popular genre kinda of drama. I hope he will get to work with more acclaimed writers like Song Jae Jung, Song Ji Na and Kim Eun Hee. 

Anyway, I am excited for CM  judging from the stellar casts line-up and credible production team but I must admit that I miss him so much in sageuk. Hope he will return in Goryeo real soon. No other actor rawks long hair better than him, with Park Hyung Sik (my another bias) being the closest contender. 

Good luck to JG and miss him so much.

• Like 11

I am so frustrated there's still no trailer arghhh!!! I'm probably overreacting since it's LJG's drama.

2 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I miss him so much in sageuk

I'm with you! I said that so many times that LJG showed me that saeguks are really good dramas and I love them ever since. So he's my saeguk master. :) 

• Like 8

@violina :wub: the gifs.  One of my faves is when LJG and others come up with the play in the forest. 

Welcome back @lyserose!  Now we need a goryeo saguek with LJG and PHS. :)

Haven't read the Marie Claire article yet.  Anything good @glassnokamen?

6 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I am so frustrated there's still no trailer arghhh!!! I'm probably overreacting since it's LJG's drama

Hahaha...right there with you. 

• Like 7

13 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Wait...is that the guy in PSY's latest video? ^_^  Well good on him I say.  (Although I've not seen Iris or him act).  I think we should be able to debate roles for LJG.  And what we would might like or not like to see him in. 

Word!

Me too!  Goryeo style is just so-----handsome!

Hugs for you @zi4r!!  

For some stress relief, put yourself in a tub...like right here...

P.S.  I cannot supply the smiling hot guy to be included in said bath...  sorry!

And gosh....tvn & taewon...make an official statement...even if it is to say...no official date yet!  

It's not fair!!! you recomend the bathtub but cant suply the guy :angry:

haha:D Anyway, i @zi4r, to help you, here's the same hot vampire making you hearts :love:

30000494794_700.jpg03.10513018.1.jpg

@glassnokamen thank you again and again for the interview translations. btw do you know that it always has bothered me a little that LJG looked so perfect? because nobody is perfect so he must have had something wrong we didn´t know about. now i know what it is, and i'm totally fine with it. he doesn't like to read books!!! lol. i love reading, but as i said before i'm ok with him only reading scripts and news on his phone... i can read books for both :wink: 

@lyserose i also hope he returns to Goryo pretty soon... maybe his next drama or a movie.. happily he also wants to be again in a movie...

@violina your tvN world special LOVE and Family Outing gif parade is all kinds of awesome!!! (btw do you know where i can watch/download them english sub?) and our LJG is so adorable and hardworking and perfect!!!! please never stop to use your free time wisely, i love your hobby so much! :heart: Lately RL was getting on my way and i couldn't dedicate my time on LJG as much as i wanted, but i hope to be back so here's my beauty parade:

So hot :sweatingbullets:

a001a31c.jpg

Spoiler

20121105020463_0.jpg

c223.jpg

So cute :wub:

Spoiler

46e6ed0820e15&filename=%EC%A4%80%EA%B8%B

ClpIuhdUoAAfT_O.jpg

So cool B)

ifWdu.jpg

All pictures credit to owners

• Like 8

@pixelsticks @antoniaclamens **hugs you back** And thanks a lot for the bath-time fantasies........ hehehehe....

@glassnokamen Thanks for the interview update!

9 hours ago, lyserose said:

Anyway, I am excited for CM  judging from the stellar casts line-up and credible production team but I must admit that I miss him so much in sageuk. Hope he will return in Goryeo real soon. No other actor rawks long hair better than him, with Park Hyung Sik (my another bias) being the closest contender. 

Ohhhhh yes! JG in more Goryeo-era sageuk.... I want!!!!

I know people keep talking about how he needa "step out of comfort zone" and not do sageuk anymore. HELLO!!! The only way to step out of "comfort zone" for him is to shoot in space. (He'll probably even rock space!) Our man is stellar in ANYTHING!

But! No one can deny he is the best of the best out there when it comes to sageuk, not just in terms of looks, but in his carriage and speech. It's not that he's only comfortable in historical setting; it's just that no one is as good as him in sageuk acting. So I agree with you... I hope he doesn't let the nay-sayers dissuade him from wowing us again as a Goryeo man.

Now, some CM fan-pics/vids from Cheongju (Gwell City):

Edited by zi4r
added CM update
  • Like 8

Squee for all the filming footage!  

Here is more of HyunJoon moving....little different hair tussle

And lots more pics on the CM thread.

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

@pixelsticks @antoniaclamens **hugs you back** And thanks a lot for the bath-time fantasies........ hehehehe....

Ohhhhh yes! JG in more Goryeo-era sageuk.... I want!!!!

I know people keep talking about how he needa "step out of comfort zone" and not do sageuk anymore. HELLO!!! The only way to step out of "comfort zone" for him is to shoot in space. (He'll probably even rock space!) Our man is stellar in ANYTHING!

So I agree with you... I hope he doesn't let the nay-sayers dissuade him from wowing us again as a Goryeo man.

I'm only trying to be helpful.  And yes, please let there be more Goryeo JG in the future and heck, I would totally go for an alien JG or a space cowboy type JG.  Fantasy JG hasn't fully been tapped either? 

10 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

It's not fair!!! you recomend the bathtub but cant suply the guy :angry:

I know...I suck!  hahahaha  Actually that hot guy does....blood.  <<<<<UHHHH...bad joke...bad pixelsticks>>>>

• Like 10

JG was smiling exceptionally sunny and bright today! :heart:

(Thanks @pixelsticks for directing me to these pics!)

Feedback from fans at the location is that he seemed to be in very good mood. And signed quite a few autographs for the fans!

• Like 16

12 hours ago, zi4r said:

They really say that? Ok, this may be a stupid question but... SINCE WHEN DOING A SAEGUK IS A COMFORT ZONE? :blink: Sword fighting, uncomfortable clothes, difficult language thing (Moon Chae Won was said to speak ill in Joseon language), crown put on your head that is also uncomfortable, blood covering, cold if you do a saeguk in the middle of winter 'cause it's difficult to hide something that will warm you up under hanbok... if that's a comfort zone I'm not sure what is war. :tongue:

Love all those videos CM making. The way LJG moves... like perfect machine... like a cat... Can't find perfect comparison... 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, cedarwood said:

They really say that? Ok, this may be a stupid question but... SINCE WHEN DOING A SAEGUK IS A COMFORT ZONE? :blink: Sword fighting, uncomfortable clothes, difficult language thing (Moon Chae Won was said to speak ill in Joseon language), crown put on your head that is also uncomfortable, blood covering, cold if you do a saeguk in the middle of winter 'cause it's difficult to hide something that will warm you up under hanbok... if that's a comfort zone I'm not sure what is war. :tongue:

I think it is more like JG's comfort zone, because sageuk is a type of project he excels at :wink: But yeah, nothing easy about them. 
But people should stop see "sageuk" and say they are all the same because they are not. And JG's always look for variations in his projects. I like him in sageuk, he is the only one who can make me watch that amount of sageuk ah ah but I think it's good to get away a little from it after 3 in a row and especially because he does "only" one drama a year, I want to see him in modern time too ! :) 

• Like 9

2 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

I think it's good to get away a little from it after 3 in a row and especially because he does "only" one drama a year, I want to see him in modern time too ! :) 

Sure but if he did 3 modern dramas in a row no one would complain about it. It's not fair to treat saeguks as dramas of worse sort.

57 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

It's not babies but kids again

Yeah. Can't wait to see him with kids again. :wub:

• Like 9

JG update!

And it's a more casual pic! Something other than a promo/staged pic/vid. I'm so happy!!!! happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

(Now let me rant a bit...) I'll be happier if he'd lose the hat. :D We've seen that hat twice already, right? I really can't stand the hat. Grrrrr....

And what's going on with the hash-tagging? #thank #you ?? Previously, #criminal #mind ??? *facepalm*

Anyway, now, back to happy thoughts.... I think it is the same bouquet as this one:

(Thanks again to @pixelsticks for directing me to that awesome account.)

If so, I guess it is a welcome bouquet by the mall. (UPDATE: It is said to be ordered by "준기님홀릭" (JG-nim-holic). Is that a fanclub?)

Edited by zi4r
Edited with more detail
  • Like 12

9 minutes ago, zi4r said:

JG update!

And it's a more casual pic! I'm so happy!!!! :blush:

:heart::heart: Finally a personal pic on his IG!!!! And what a huge bouquet!!!!

Edit... I know I saw this bouquet yesterday somewehere on IG... I just have to remember where :blink:

• Like 11

1 minute ago, glassnokamen said:

:heart::heart: Finally a personal pic on his IG!!!! And what a huge bouquet!!!!

Yep yep!!! I'm so happy, I can hardly contain myself.

(Maybe this means, we will be getting a selfie sometime soon? Pretty please......) ^_^

• Like 9