Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Thanks for sharing the pics of the latest pictorials. I love them ~ 

By the way, I recently took a long haul flight and guess what movie I saw there was on the little TVs on the plane ? Never Said Goodbye ! :) 

that was a nice movie. good choice !

• Like 4

13 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

:D :D :D :D :D you are right!!!! But I was on the beach when I saw this photo and the light it made me look like gold :D :D :D :D :D

I like to see man legs too, actually I love man legs :wub: But I don't really like that color... and that outfit :/ I know that for most of you everything on JG is good, but really... I don't like this kind of outfit :D

And don't try to make fool of us... you love socks.... specially the ones with JG printed on :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

Hahaha shiny copper shorts are for photoshoots!  But JG looks so good in them.  

Ahhhh....socks.....:rolleyes:B)

Hope you had fun at the beach!

12 hours ago, violina said:

@antoniaclamens love your my girl gifs:wub:

@pixelsticks Could be he's refering to the actions scenes.But when i read this, this immediately made me think of what he said in an interview back in 2013:

Hide contents

If that day ever comes, I want to fly to Hollywood with my fans and hold a party to celebrate.

Source of two Questions above: https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/translation-lee-joon-gi-ep-j-2013-winter/#more-533

Some interesting quotes in those articles. Thanks for sharing!  I think JG does like to play the action role (especially when he can still do it) but I do think he wants to also play a role where his character's intentions and motivations are not out in the open.  A complex character that gets revealed in little bits and keeps the audience on their toes.  But usually this character has some major moral flaws and will his fanbase accept him playing that type of character? Maybe in his 40s.  

And damn JG for not flying to Hollywood to let me attend a party!!  :wink:  But seriously,  I want to see him in the USofA....sometime.  With socks in tow!

@parkr1n thank you for the link to the Vogue article!  I cannot translate but put it through Google Translate.  It's not the clearest to understand...but this portion stood out to me.

Professor Kim Hyun-jun was in charge. I read the description of the character, but it did not match the character in the original . 
It is a character that is not in the original work. Unlike other members of the special investigation team called NCI, Hyun Jun is a friend who develops into a profiler. It is a growing character in many works, and viewers will be able to understand all the members through Hyun Jun.

Hmmmm...so will the show be written in the perspective of Hyun Joon?  Will his character be the one who voices over/observes the team dynamic, and talks about the crime...ala Mandy Patinkin role?

Rather, I am too bored when I return to Lee Jun Ki. Because I do not like that time, I do a fan meeting even when there is no work, and I give out an album and try various things. I would like to make it a time to fill the emotional source as an actor rather than to live in vacancies inevitably. I want to continue to create something and get stimulation there.

The man doesn't like to sit still and just chill.  I am glad he likes and wants to create.  It is what fulfills him. 

• Like 7

9 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

By the way, I recently took a long haul flight and guess what movie I saw there was on the little TVs on the plane ? Never Said Goodbye ! :) 

Hi leesopark, I've been wanting to watch this C-movie of LJK but, too bad that rarely this kind of movie is shown here in my side. I wonder if the DVD copy is available now in the market, huh? :tongue:

• Like 3

21 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

i wonder which scene  Hae Soo fell in love with Wang So. was it the part when HS was thrown into jail or was it when Taejo sent WS to be ambassador and WS left with HS hair pin with HS wondering why she didnt really want to let him go.

i have to admit i have a love/hate relationship with Hae Soo. lol. if you've read my post on MLSHR thread you'd be aware of it. so sometimes i even think she doesn't love him at all or at least not so much as he loves her. i'm always questioning myself about it. lol lol. i must be crazy. any way, sometimes i do think she loves him. when did she fall for him? i'm totally clueless. when i first watched episode 11 i thought: it must be now! she must love him now!, but then i watched episode 12 and i was mad and sure she still loved Wook. sigh. right now i think that they didn't show us the moment. it must have been a slow thing but she doesn´t have a moment of awareness like So had in episode 7.  i know i'm crazy

18 hours ago, violina said:

@pixelsticksAnother interesting JG Q and A session,that I thought might explain the mysterious way, JG has described how he feels about his latest role, and kind of answers what i think you are asking was done last year(2016) as Ryeo was filming:

Q: In Moon Lovers, you play a beast-like person who has been abandoned. A man who will become king in the future. There are also twists and two faces to him. Why does Lee Joon Gi always play a character in such big dramas?
JG:Fortunately, I’ve done many sageuks, and I usually play characters who show growth or stir up the surroundings (this is the definiton of dynamic isnt it?).I have the desire to portray different kinds of people. This is a basic desire that an actor should have. I’ve felt the excitement of being able to portray characters without any restrictions on expression in the fantasy dramas that I’ve acted in thus far. I am thrilled when I encounter people who are able to relate to the characters I play.

I also think @glassnokamen might have a point and is right.look what he says here?:

Q:You also thought it was important to show a variety of things in a single piece of work. Just like how a show may be a sageuk but also a melodrama and fantasy drama at the same time. Most are not limited to just one kind of genre. 
JG: I was always such a greedy person; I had a greed of having to show a variety of things. Because I like physical action, I mostly played characters that need to possess complex emotions even when there are many action scenes. But audiences also seem to get tired if I try to portray too many things. They will get tired of course.

For all the lurkers or JG fan newbies(:))in the forum;Alot of people comment on JG articles about this and nag and complain, here is the answer to this forever question:

Why do you like action so much?
JG: I think of action as one of my speciality and strengths. But for how long will I be able to use my body like that? A time will come when I won’t be able to do so even if I wanted to. I want to work hard and do more action when I’m still able use my body well. I often receive offers for such projects too.

Does this answer your question:

Q:Do you have any thoughts of wanting to play monotonous roles now?
JG: I do wish for that these days. I no longer have that desire to show many things (to audiences). If I’ve been playing dynamic and powerful characters so far, I now want to play a character that is dull with more time to breathe. I want to try becoming a character that plays with chemistry. A role that audiences will stay still and observe because it is profound.

I think the part where he talks about a character that plays with chemistry and a role that people will stay still and observe.He manage to achieve it with Wang So.But the part where he says he want to play a character that is "dull"(psst^_^!he is being humble here, dull and lee jun ki dont belong in the same sentence or his acting) with more time to breathe is what has motivated him to choose his next role(Hyun Joon).

I feel like I made myself a JG spokeswoman or brain interpreter when I honestly dont have a clue too but just take it as my guesswork.

Source of the above questions and answers: https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/translation-lee-joon-gi-arena-homme-september-2016-interview/

I love the way you enlighten us with his words and reflections... thank you so much!!!

@glassnokamen @violina @parkr1n love the pics from his IG, vogue and marie claire so much. his body is so flexible, his face so beautiful and his mood so engaging.... :wub: i want the magazines!!! and i need some english translations.... as much as i love every picture this is the one stucked in my mind right now:

style_594a3b1820e98-1024x795.jpg

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Some interesting quotes in those articles. Thanks for sharing!  I think JG does like to play the action role (especially when he can still do it) but I do think he wants to also play a role where his character's intentions and motivations are not out in the open.  A complex character that gets revealed in little bits and keeps the audience on their toes.  But usually this character has some major moral flaws and will his fanbase accept him playing that type of character? Maybe in his 40s.  

And damn JG for not flying to Hollywood to let me attend a party!!  :wink:  But seriously,  I want to see him in the USofA....sometime.  With socks in tow!

@parkr1n thank you for the link to the Vogue article!  I cannot translate but put it through Google Translate.  It's not the clearest to understand...but this portion stood out to me.

Hmmmm...so will the show be written in the perspective of Hyun Joon?  Will his character be the one who voices over/observes the team dynamic, and talks about the crime...ala Mandy Patinkin role?

The man doesn't like to sit still and just chill.  I am glad he likes and wants to create.  It is what fulfills him. 

Sorry to cut your post! really excited about his character, sounds great... and i know he will be great! and lol yes he doesn´t like to sit still, and i love that in him. he's a red ginseng indeed, my personal energizer and mood lifting. :heart:

• Like 6

23 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

i have to admit i have a love/hate relationship with Hae Soo. lol. if you've read my post on MLSHR thread you'd be aware of it. so sometimes i even think she doesn't love him at all or at least not so much as he loves her. i'm always questioning myself about it. lol lol. i must be crazy. any way, sometimes i do think she loves him. when did she fall for him? i'm totally clueless. when i first watched episode 11 i thought: it must be now! she must love him now!, but then i watched episode 12 and i was mad and sure she still loved Wook. sigh. right now i think that they didn't show us the moment. it must have been a slow thing but she doesn´t have a moment of awareness like So had in episode 7.  i know i'm crazy

Then I am crazy too.  I really couldn't place a specific scene myself either...except when she went to tend to his arrow wound.  Or actually when he had to leave for 2 years and she was pining by the water...maybe then. Speaking of letting a character breathe, I think they did kind of short change HaeSoo in terms of her depth.  SO I cannot WAIT for Hyun Joon/Hyun Jun.  Where are the previews tVN?  These Bride ones are great so let's put out the CM ones!!!

JG's IG posted pics again.  

Gun emoji from the beginning and then the hashtags have been added within the first 30 minutes while I was surfing around. Do we need to teach him #criminalmindskorea #hyunjun #hyunjoon?  

• Like 6

11 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Same here on my way back from Hong Kong to Canada.  Second time watching it and I still cried. I had to keep it down to sniffles in a full plane :tongue:

• Like 4

2 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

i have to admit i have a love/hate relationship with Hae Soo. lol. if you've read my post on MLSHR thread you'd be aware of it. so sometimes i even think she doesn't love him at all or at least not so much as he loves her. i'm always questioning myself about it. lol lol. i must be crazy. any way, sometimes i do think she loves him. when did she fall for him? i'm totally clueless. when i first watched episode 11 i thought: it must be now! she must love him now!, but then i watched episode 12 and i was mad and sure she still loved Wook. sigh. right now i think that they didn't show us the moment. it must have been a slow thing but she doesn´t have a moment of awareness like So had in episode 7. 

sorry i am still discussing MLSHR here lol. if it makes u feel any better, the chinese version of HS blames 4th prince a lot for his actions. in korean version, HS protected WS by saying he killed Eun because he requested for it, for example. so thats y i preferred Korean version of Scarlet Heart.

• Like 3

I'm speechless too when it comes to those Vogue pictures.

As for LJG talking about "dynamic character" - to me it means a character that changes during the drama. LJG has an experience in playing characters like this. So Hyun was like that, Wang So, Tae San, even our favorite vampire was like that. I can't wait to see the drama! 

Btw it's frustrating that there's still no trailer. I mean - look at other dramas! A trailer was available at least month before the premiere and when it comes to LJG's drama? Second year we have similar situation. Drama starts v. soon and still no proper promotion. With Moon lovers was the same story. Remember that? Do dramatrolls want to kill LJG's career or what???

• Like 7

4 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

@pixelsticks

Here is the link for translation part 1 of Vogue article :). Thanks a kit to ring.of.jg due this translation.

https://equatoring.blogspot.it/?m=1

I think ring.of.jg will add the remaining part in this blog as well. 

:o that's a pretty awesome interview - I've always wondered about his technique and whether he'd call himself a method actor, and the interviewer gave him the opportunity to touch a little on that here.

In contrast to other members, he develops as a profiler. 

In many of my works, I portrayed characters that develop and grow, however in this drama, the viewers will get to know the other members through Hyun Joon

I wonder what this bit means though. Does it mean that he's the only newbie on the team? And/or that he's the narrator and we'll get to hear his inner monologue on the other characters? *excited*

• Like 6

2 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

@willenette, I think at some point it will be available in Japan since it came out on the theatre there. But probably in China before that ? But I have no idea how the chinese dvd market works. 

@hiluna, ah ah that's exactly the reason why I didn't want to watch it again on the plane xD 

How does an American get to watch it?  Subbed of course!  I'm not flying to Hong Kong anytime soon. :) 

@glassnokamen Yay!  Thanks for posting. I don't have the time to peruse the internet as much as I used to right now.  My fave part:

• Method acting and natural acting is another theory?

For me, in the beginning, I start with method acting, then it will transform later into something that comes out from my heart. That's why I am always tensed, I will put in 2 or 3 times more preparation efforts versus others. When my acting is recognized, I feel good - Oh actually I can do it!

And I wish he would have been recognized for his portrayal of Wang So...in some formal/informal capacity.  I am hoping there will be something for Hyun Joon as well, but I've heard that tVN doesn't do award shows and the drama will be aired mid year so it may be a glimmering memory by year end award voting in online polls.  Oh well, we have 101 reasons we :wub: JG!

When WILL Criminal Minds be shown?  

• Like 7

Part 2 is translated!!!:  https://equatoring.blogspot.it/2017/06/vogue-korea-july-interview-part-2.html

FAVE Parts!

• Appearing time and again in historicals, it seems that you have established a special forte

"You are well suited for fantasies" " you are well suited for historicals" " you are suited for difficult journeys", when I hear these, I am very happy because I am an actor who is useful.  Fans always encourage me to take on lighter roles, to stop getting involved in blood and mud, just wear a suit and girls will be attracted instantly (laugh). Very often my interviews end with "we hope to see Lee Joon Gi in a romantic comedy". I really stress about this every year. It is unfortunate that I cant meet such works but it has to be a romantic drama with a proper story line. It will certainly be uncomfortable to act in an unsuitable romance, then do I still want to do it? I worry about this alot so I did miss many opportunities, fortunately among the scripts I rejected, there werent "Descendents of the Sun" or "Goblin" (laugh).

So he HAS been offered romantic comedies just not the one for him yet!  He is waiting for the big one.   

• It seems that the process of becoming a Lee Joon Gi fan is similar, at first the person will find that this is not an actor of preference, but after watching a project, the person may exclaimed "Oh, there is such a person?" and then once they fall, they will watch the past works one by one and feel that this is an actor that I can watch repeatedly.   I am happy to gain new fans and more variety of fans

Hahah hence my WORDFACE IG posts. :)

An actor doing his own stunts is not entirely very good. The purpose of stuntmen is the possibility of injury, so doing my own stunts can lead to injuries. However I still do it because this is helpful to the emotions of the scenes. However I  do feel less flexible. In the past, I could do a flying kick for the whole night, but now after two hours, I feel like my muscles are getting torn. I am very familiar with the stunt crew. After not meeting them for a long time, they said " Joon gi is now old too, just do a kick to the chest level will do", I was really sad hearing it and I screamed " Why should I just kick to the chest level! It's crazy, not say that!"

Hahaha...the natural aging process!  And the natural reaction to being told to slow it down.  :tongue:

• Like 7

Thanks ladies/girls for the translations.

He did mention DOTS & Goblin. Could there be reasons why he mentioned those two dramas? I read over Soompi about Kim Eun Sook new drama Mr Sunshine, a story about a soldier during pre-Japanese occupation.

KES said "I do have someone in mind. Since the character's narrative is strong and has the large breadth of emotions, the role needs to be played by someone who is very good at acting." Sounds like she is aiming for more substance in her next drama. 

Great actors with strong narrative skill who can deliver wide breadth of emotions--- I wonder if she was describing LJG. 

• Like 7