Jump to content

Recommended Posts

  • Replies 40.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

  • Wendy

    2819

  • willenette

    2081

  • patoi

    1769

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

On 2017-6-16 at 8:20 PM, Lynn11 said:

He face is so sharp now. That jawline, that nose. :wub:Every angle. There is no need to slim it anymore..

Imo, he can't move away from pretty image, because he is pretty.:heart: So perhaps the image now is pretty-sexy-charismatic-action-gentle-man. 

You're so right! he is pretty, period, there's no way he doesn´t look pretty... :wub:

@bluelilac1214 @cedarwood love the Wang So gif parade. btw I'm always on Wang So mode... seems to me i never can have enough of him!!!! 

@violina funny collection of gifs!!! i will think of them when i meet my backstabing co-workers or my not so evil but equally frustating bosses (i have 2 :crazy:) thanks god i have no clients :D

@glassnokamen @pixelsticks and @violina thank you for the marie claire pictures and links... i'm dead. seriously. love them all pictures but must admit my fave is the one where he's running. jawdropping :love:. btw what's so wrong about his socks? or his golden shorts? i must be on the stage where everything and i mean everything looks good to me, because i like both socks and shorts on him (i won't say anything about loving it more if there were no socks, shorts or anything on him at all. lol) 'm serious, looove the pictorial, and the more crazy his clothes the more i love him for pulling it!

About vogue korea pics, i only can say that i need more..... he looks so gorgeous :wub:

 

 

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

One of my faves LJG looks are the ones from Joseon Gunman, specially when disguised, just like this:

19050413_1362714460488361_70436097468252

As i said before i'm on a Wang So mode. I just watched episode 11 of MLSHR, and after crying my eyes out i'm listening the instrumental OST. but i could not not post that Joseon Gunman picture because it's so beautiful it belongs to the beauty parade.

Now, about episode 11: poison scene... one of LJG's best acting ever!

d9371e151c7939835e29d216403ddbd5.gif
 

Spoiler


a3e170a9dd685910ff993b8be2358a77.gif

249da6fadb6113999800cf4e5258c0f2.gif

 

 

I think i will never decide about wich scene i like better, the jail scene or the rain scene... as i couldn´t find a proper gif for the jail scene here is one from the rain scene...

bobobo-77092-original-001.gif?type=w580

Good nght chingus!!!!!

%EC%B1%84%EB%84%90%EA%B3%A0%EC%A0%95.gif

All gifs and pictures credit to owners

  • Like 10
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 hours ago, cedarwood said:

KNEE SOCKS?! :huh:

 

Hi cedarwood, hahaha - wae, what's wrong with knee socks? At least, that's not printed - LOL - :D

 

On 6/19/2017 at 5:23 PM, violina said:

Seriously don't mess with profiler Hyun Joon...just that stare alone will make a criminal surrender!!!!

 

Hi violina, thanks for sharing this. I find him HOT on this spread. LJK's posing fiercely in this latest fashion. NICE. :tongue:

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
On 6/19/2017 at 10:27 AM, cedarwood said:

KNEE SOCKS?! :huh:

It seems to be trendy right now...put a dude in shorts and socks...the sophisticated young "dad" look.  At least it's not sandals (and socks)

Look at the Prada runway...tons of shorts and socks.  http://www.prada.com/en/collections/fashion-show/man-ss-2018.html

Spoiler

d9c9b1568a0388e3b15814005f6c77dc7c21c9c3_hq.jpg

And look...the black floppy hat!  

On 6/19/2017 at 10:44 AM, glassnokamen said:

:huh::(:blink: exactly my thought ... and golden shorts too :D:D:D

They are copper! :)  :tongue:  They so remind me of OP (Ocean Pacific) shorts that were huge in the 80s and tried to make a comeback in the early 2000s.  I'm the rare female that WANTs to see men's legs again, not just those long basketball shorts all the time.  Socks...maybe not so much.  :rolleyes:  I saw a pic of Key from SHINee wearing these exact same copper KimSeoryong Homme shorts, but now I cannot find it.  

 

20 hours ago, cedarwood said:

But the Vogue session... what a class! And b/w pictures, mhmmm... love them. :wub:

Vogue session is moody, low key lighting.  It's a specific technique to add dark tones and drama to the image...very fitting for an upcoming drama filled with murder, crimes and the people affected by them. I hope we get to see more of these images.  I do want to see more with SHJ and that dynamic. I hope it means that these 2 characters have a strong connection.  Images depict them drinking together...2 cups, 2 bottles, but one bottle is broken.  Hmmmmm.  

11 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

btw what's so wrong about his socks? or his golden shorts? i must be on the stage where everything and i mean everything looks good to me, because i like both socks and shorts on him (i won't say anything about loving it more if there were no socks, shorts or anything on him at all. lol) 'm serious, looove the pictorial, and the more crazy his clothes the more i love him for pulling it!

About vogue korea pics, i only can say that i need more..... he looks so gorgeous :wub:

I'm with you!  And thanks @violina for the encouraging gifs

3 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Some more picture from Marie Claire Magazine... scroll on the right to see all:wub::wub: His smile on the last picture is ..... aahhhhhhhh.... I just fainted :heart:

That smile is so NICE!  

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

Lee Jun Ki talks about playing a special forces agent in Korean remake of 'Criminal Minds'

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/lee-jun-ki-talks-about-playing-a-special-forces-agent-in-korean-remake-of-criminal-minds

Quote

On playing the role of NCI agent Hyun Joon, the actor commented, "Compared to other characters I have portrayed in numerous projects, my latest character Hyun Joon is someone I can freely express as a living, breathing being. I'm having so much fun filming for the series. As always, I would like to surprise people by taking on dynamic characters."

Hmmmm....let's talk about this!  What does JG mean?  Dynamic means the character is definitely going to go through changes/growth but I have felt almost all the characters he has portrayed so far do that exact thing. They almost have dual personalities.  Does he mean that Hyun Joon is a refreshing role to play? He is enjoying the dynamic of this character and where it is taking him?  Have the other roles not been as easy to portray as this one? Does he have more freedom to be his own actor in this series?   

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
19 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Lee Jun Ki talks about playing a special forces agent in Korean remake of 'Criminal Minds'

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/lee-jun-ki-talks-about-playing-a-special-forces-agent-in-korean-remake-of-criminal-minds

Hmmmm....let's talk about this!  What does JG mean?  Dynamic means the character is definitely going to go through changes/growth but I have felt almost all the characters he has portrayed so far do that exact thing. They almost have dual personalities.  Does he mean that Hyun Joon is a refreshing role to play? He is enjoying the dynamic of this character and where it is taking him?  Have the other roles not been as easy to portray as this one? Does he have more freedom to be his own actor in this series?   

Or maybe is referred to action scene? Maybe is because Hyun Joon is a man of action and not a reflessive ones. Also he's a modern character and maybe he's "similar" in the way of thinking at JG. He said also that "he's a living, breathing being"... what does it means? 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
13 minutes ago, glassnokamen said:

Or maybe is referred to action scene? Maybe is because Hyun Joon is a man of action and not a reflessive ones. Also he's a modern character and maybe he's "similar" in the way of thinking at JG. He said also that "he's a living, breathing being"... what does it means? 

Maybe this character has been the most like "him?"  Or maybe he feels this character isn't held down/burdened by oppressive rules/regulations/morals/ethics and he is enjoying playing the man who lives life in his own free terms? Warts and all? Or maybe he just feels that Hyun Joon's story is one he just LOVES to portray and inhabit! 

And here is Key (from SHINee) and copper shorts....but he DID wear the ruffles!  

 

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites

@violina and   @glassnokamen thank you so much for the marie claire video and new pictures... LJG smile is heaven! :blush:

8 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Lee Jun Ki talks about playing a special forces agent in Korean remake of 'Criminal Minds'

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/lee-jun-ki-talks-about-playing-a-special-forces-agent-in-korean-remake-of-criminal-minds

Hmmmm....let's talk about this!  What does JG mean?  Dynamic means the character is definitely going to go through changes/growth but I have felt almost all the characters he has portrayed so far do that exact thing. They almost have dual personalities.  Does he mean that Hyun Joon is a refreshing role to play? He is enjoying the dynamic of this character and where it is taking him?  Have the other roles not been as easy to portray as this one? Does he have more freedom to be his own actor in this series?   

 

8 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Or maybe is referred to action scene? Maybe is because Hyun Joon is a man of action and not a reflessive ones. Also he's a modern character and maybe he's "similar" in the way of thinking at JG. He said also that "he's a living, breathing being"... what does it means? 

 

7 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Maybe this character has been the most like "him?"  Or maybe he feels this character isn't held down/burdened by oppressive rules/regulations/morals/ethics and he is enjoying playing the man who lives life in his own free terms? Warts and all? Or maybe he just feels that Hyun Joon's story is one he just LOVES to portray and inhabit! 

And here is Key (from SHINee) and copper shorts....but he DID wear the ruffles!  

 

I also think he's talking about action scenes... specially since so far they've been filming action scenes :D wich i looooove B) anyway he's saying he's gonna surprise us... every character played by him is a gem, so i have high expectations. can't wait. this waiting is killing me!!!!

meanwhile did you remember talking about My Girl?

So cute: 

%EA%B3%84%EB%9E%80.gif?type=w966

and so cool 

ADR.gif?type=w966

all gifs credit to uploader

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Some more picture from Marie Claire Magazine... scroll on the right to see all:wub::wub: His smile on the last picture is ..... aahhhhhhhh.... I just fainted :heart:

 

 

Hi glassnokamen, thanks for sharing this. This magazine is a good buy since in this July issue he talked about his experience filming for tvN’s upcoming “Criminal Minds.” I guess he had a good time filming this remake drama because of many actions scenes. Can't wait for July........ Looking forward to see this because he's in it. Again, I trust that he will deliver a stellar performance. I've seen some still cuts from the drama & he looks fierce here, looks so sharp..... . The pictures look all good. :tongue:

  • Like 6
Link to post
Share on other sites
23 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

 

I think i will never decide about wich scene i like better, the jail scene or the rain scene... as i couldn´t find a proper gif for the jail scene here is one from the rain scene...

Good nght chingus!!!!!

All gifs and pictures credit to owners

i wonder which scene  Hae Soo fell in love with Wang So. was it the part when HS was thrown into jail or was it when Taejo sent WS to be ambassador and WS left with HS hair pin with HS wondering why she didnt really want to let him go.

  • Like 2
Link to post
Share on other sites
15 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

They are copper! :)  :tongue:  They so remind me of OP (Ocean Pacific) shorts that were huge in the 80s and tried to make a comeback in the early 2000s.  I'm the rare female that WANTs to see men's legs again, not just those long basketball shorts all the time.  Socks...maybe not so much.  :rolleyes:  I saw a pic of Key from SHINee wearing these exact same copper KimSeoryong Homme shorts, but now I cannot find it.  

 

:D :D :D :D :D you are right!!!! But I was on the beach when I saw this photo and the light it made me look like gold :D :D :D :D :D

I like to see man legs too, actually I love man legs :wub: But I don't really like that color... and that outfit :/ I know that for most of you everything on JG is good, but really... I don't like this kind of outfit :D

And don't try to make fool of us... you love socks.... specially the ones with JG printed on :tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue::tongue:

 

  • Like 3
Link to post
Share on other sites
14 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Lee Jun Ki talks about playing a special forces agent in Korean remake of 'Criminal Minds'

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2017/06/lee-jun-ki-talks-about-playing-a-special-forces-agent-in-korean-remake-of-criminal-minds

Hmmmm....let's talk about this!  What does JG mean?  Dynamic means the character is definitely going to go through changes/growth but I have felt almost all the characters he has portrayed so far do that exact thing. They almost have dual personalities.  Does he mean that Hyun Joon is a refreshing role to play? He is enjoying the dynamic of this character and where it is taking him?  Have the other roles not been as easy to portray as this one? Does he have more freedom to be his own actor in this series?   

 

13 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Or maybe is referred to action scene? Maybe is because Hyun Joon is a man of action and not a reflessive ones. Also he's a modern character and maybe he's "similar" in the way of thinking at JG. He said also that "he's a living, breathing being"... what does it means? 

 

5 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

@violina and   @glassnokamen thank you so much for the marie claire video and new pictures... LJG smile is heaven! :blush:I also think he's talking about action scenes... specially since so far they've been filming action scenes :D wich i looooove B) anyway he's saying he's gonna surprise us... every character played by him is a gem, so i have high expectations. can't wait. this waiting is killing me!!!!

@antoniaclamens love your my girl gifs:wub:

@pixelsticks Could be he's refering to the actions scenes.But when i read this, this immediately made me think of what he said in an interview back in 2013:

Q: What do you think of drama or movie sequels? If there are plans for a sequel to any of your previous works, is there a show or a role that you will want to do?
JG: Up till now, I think all my works have been great so far, but I personally would like to reprise my role of Lee Soo Hyun in “Time Between Dog and Wolf” again. I have an attachment for that character, such that I sometimes think he is still living his life somewhere out there. Wouldn’t it be interesting to find out what happened to Lee Soo Hyun? It is also fun to imagine a sequel to “Iljimae”!

If to date he is still attached to TBDW character, then it explains why he was drawn and is having fun with playing the new role in Criminal Minds which is all kinds of awesome, need i say more. ok i do so I will continue posting Q and A but in a second post to not make this post too long to read.

Also unrelated but i cant help but be proud when i read this over and over again?:

Spoiler

 

Q:There are actors in Korea who wish to venture into Hollywood, and there are even some who have starred in Hollywood films. Do you have any hopes or plans to go to Hollywood?
 JG: If I were to describe the attraction of Hollywood in one sentence, wouldn’t it be “the dream of every actor”?  And also the fact that a Hollywood film will be seen by audiences all over the world. I think that is a very happy thing. That’s why, if I have the chance one day, I want to take on the challenge to star in a Hollywood film. However, a lot of preparation is required for this to happen, so it is still early days for me yet. If I cannot understand their culture and expressions accurately, it will be difficult for the audience to identify with me. If that day ever comes, I want to fly to Hollywood with my fans and hold a party to celebrate. Till that day comes, please give me lots of support. I believe such a day will come!

Boy did that day come, just four years later and the whole world especially the ones who are avid kdrama fans know his name:).But you lied JG oppa you didnt take your fans and hold a party to celebrate.You hid the good news until Milla outed you on instagram that you were gonaa be part of resident evil..nappeun namja..hahahaha.It seems he wasnt confident that he is still hallyu star at the time this interview was conducted.I dont blame him because he starred in a non conventional drama and it had low domestic ratings.

 

Source of two Questions above: https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/translation-lee-joon-gi-ep-j-2013-winter/#more-533

 

 

 

  • Like 8
Link to post
Share on other sites

@pixelsticksAnother interesting JG Q and A session,that I thought might explain the mysterious way, JG has described how he feels about his latest role, and kind of answers what i think you are asking was done last year(2016) as Ryeo was filming:

Q: In Moon Lovers, you play a beast-like person who has been abandoned. A man who will become king in the future. There are also twists and two faces to him. Why does Lee Joon Gi always play a character in such big dramas?
JG:Fortunately, I’ve done many sageuks, and I usually play characters who show growth or stir up the surroundings (this is the definiton of dynamic isnt it?).I have the desire to portray different kinds of people. This is a basic desire that an actor should have. I’ve felt the excitement of being able to portray characters without any restrictions on expression in the fantasy dramas that I’ve acted in thus far. I am thrilled when I encounter people who are able to relate to the characters I play.

I also think @glassnokamen might have a point and is right.look what he says here?:

Q:You also thought it was important to show a variety of things in a single piece of work. Just like how a show may be a sageuk but also a melodrama and fantasy drama at the same time. Most are not limited to just one kind of genre. 
JG: I was always such a greedy person; I had a greed of having to show a variety of things. Because I like physical action, I mostly played characters that need to possess complex emotions even when there are many action scenes. But audiences also seem to get tired if I try to portray too many things. They will get tired of course.

For all the lurkers or JG fan newbies(:))in the forum;Alot of people comment on JG articles about this and nag and complain, here is the answer to this forever question:

Why do you like action so much?
JG: I think of action as one of my speciality and strengths. But for how long will I be able to use my body like that? A time will come when I won’t be able to do so even if I wanted to. I want to work hard and do more action when I’m still able use my body well. I often receive offers for such projects too.

13 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

He said also that "he's a living, breathing being"... what does it means? 

Does this answer your question:

Q:Do you have any thoughts of wanting to play monotonous roles now?
JG: I do wish for that these days. I no longer have that desire to show many things (to audiences). If I’ve been playing dynamic and powerful characters so far, I now want to play a character that is dull with more time to breathe. I want to try becoming a character that plays with chemistry. A role that audiences will stay still and observe because it is profound.

I think the part where he talks about a character that plays with chemistry and a role that people will stay still and observe.He manage to achieve it with Wang So.But the part where he says he want to play a character that is "dull"(psst^_^!he is being humble here, dull and lee jun ki dont belong in the same sentence or his acting) with more time to breathe is what has motivated him to choose his next role(Hyun Joon).

I feel like I made myself a JG spokeswoman or brain interpreter when I honestly dont have a clue too but just take it as my guesswork.

Source of the above questions and answers: https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/translation-lee-joon-gi-arena-homme-september-2016-interview/

 

 

 

 

 

 

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
21 minutes ago, violina said:

@pixelsticksAnother interesting JG Q and A session,that I thought might explain the mysterious way, JG has described how he feels about his latest role, and kind of answers what i think you are asking was done last year(2016) as Ryeo was filming:

Q: In Moon Lovers, you play a beast-like person who has been abandoned. A man who will become king in the future. There are also twists and two faces to him. Why does Lee Joon Gi always play a character in such big dramas?
JG:Fortunately, I’ve done many sageuks, and I usually play characters who show growth or stir up the surroundings (this is the definiton of dynamic isnt it?).I have the desire to portray different kinds of people. This is a basic desire that an actor should have. I’ve felt the excitement of being able to portray characters without any restrictions on expression in the fantasy dramas that I’ve acted in thus far. I am thrilled when I encounter people who are able to relate to the characters I play.

I also think @glassnokamen might have a point and is right.look what he says here?:

Q:You also thought it was important to show a variety of things in a single piece of work. Just like how a show may be a sageuk but also a melodrama and fantasy drama at the same time. Most are not limited to just one kind of genre. 
JG: I was always such a greedy person; I had a greed of having to show a variety of things. Because I like physical action, I mostly played characters that need to possess complex emotions even when there are many action scenes. But audiences also seem to get tired if I try to portray too many things. They will get tired of course.

For all the lurkers or JG fan newbies(:))in the forum;Alot of people comment on JG articles about this and nag and complain, here is the answer to this forever question:

Why do you like action so much?
JG: I think of action as one of my speciality and strengths. But for how long will I be able to use my body like that? A time will come when I won’t be able to do so even if I wanted to. I want to work hard and do more action when I’m still able use my body well. I often receive offers for such projects too.

Does this answer your question:

Q:Do you have any thoughts of wanting to play monotonous roles now?
JG: I do wish for that these days. I no longer have that desire to show many things (to audiences). If I’ve been playing dynamic and powerful characters so far, I now want to play a character that is dull with more time to breathe. I want to try becoming a character that plays with chemistry. A role that audiences will stay still and observe because it is profound.

I think the part where he talks about a character that plays with chemistry and a role that people will stay still and observe.He manage to achieve it with Wang So.But the part where he says he want to play a character that is "dull"(psst^_^!he is being humble here, dull and lee jun ki dont belong in the same sentence or his acting) with more time to breathe is what has motivated him to choose his next role(Hyun Joon).

I feel like I made myself a JG spokeswoman or brain interpreter when I honestly dont have a clue too but just take it as my guesswork.

Source of the above questions and answers: https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2016/09/14/translation-lee-joon-gi-arena-homme-september-2016-interview/

 

 

 

 

 

 

@violina Thank you very very much for this interesting collection of Q&A. You are really a great font of information :):) I knew some of those reply, while I never read about that "I no longer have that desire to show many things (to audiences). If I’ve been playing dynamic and powerful characters so far, I now want to play a character that is dull with more time to breathe. I want to try becoming a character that plays with chemistry. A role that audiences will stay still and observe because it is profound." And it's very interesting too that he has changing his mind in some way.

  • Like 7
Link to post
Share on other sites

And of course JG style, he is always the life of the party..that's why the Marie Claire staff liked him:D:wub::Seriously these are the days I wish I was closer to Korea.The magazine looks in second pic looks gorgeous.

  • Like 11
Link to post
Share on other sites
  • Guest changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기

Create an account or sign in to comment

You need to be a member in order to leave a comment

Create an account

Sign up for a new account in our community. It's easy!

Register a new account

Sign in

Already have an account? Sign in here.

Sign In Now

×
×
  • Create New...

Important Information

By using this site, you agree to our We have placed cookies on your device to help make this website better. You can adjust your cookie settings, otherwise we'll assume you're okay to continue..