@pixelsticks MLSHR was an adaptation of the novel, wasn't it? I believe they went as per the novel. On the other hand, the Chinese version was another adaptation of the book and I think this version have deviated from the novel for making the 4th Prince travel to the 21st century. Then they made season 2. I heard season 2 didn't rate as good as season 1.

But you know anything is possible. There's a demand. Even to these days, I read petition for Season 2. 

• Like 6
  • Replies 40.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

@pixelsticks MLSHR was an adaptation of the novel, wasn't it? I believe they went as per the novel. On the other hand, the Chinese version was another adaptation of the book and I think this version have deviated from the novel for making the 4th Prince travel to the 21st century. Then they made season 2. I heard season 2 didn't rate as good as season 1.

But you know anything is possible. There's a demand. Even to these days, I read petition for Season 2. 

it is actually adapted from the chinese drama Scarlet Heart which is from a chinese novel. i prefer the korean version actually. 

the female lead really understood the struggles of Wang So even though she still decided to leave.

for the Chinese version, the female lead keeps blaming the 4th prince and thus becomes a reason for her to leave palace.

• Like 5
15 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

It's about Criminal Minds and I find your opinion uneducated. And that's my freaking opinion.

About the rosary bracelet- we were talking about LJG's character or Hyun Joon who wears the rosary bracelet in CM. We are sharing info or views about whether the rosary bracelet has meaning or not. Who cares about other K-celebrities on a topic relating to CM & on LJG's thread? I am totally confused of what's exactly your trying to point out. :blink:

I am starting not so well in this thread. :)

*** YOU ARE! And you should know that.....................You sounded as if you know the facts but your comment is full of BS...........All your talking & posts about him here can't be taken seriously. Aish...........I wish more people would be more objective and not so SHALLOW............... <_<

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I believe @willenette is refering to the excessive use of first love backstories as a literary plot device as freaking unnecessary in Kdramas.  She is complaining about their overuse by writers, not saying that hearing about senior characters first loves are stupid in themselves.  Does that make any sense?

Hi pixelsticks, well-said, dear. NICE that you very well understood what I quoted here. Hahaha - there are just people who fall for nonsense sharing & what they do is just to reply without thinking first what to write................Pity her! :tongue:

• Like 1
On 2017-6-12 at 1:05 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

I'm sorry I'm late but, Welcome to the family! I'm a newbie here too so don't worry about having to catch up, I'm right here with you. :D I don't know how many times I've mentioned this, as @violina said, Wang So is love...:wub:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I didn't know that I needed to see this gif, but apparently I do! Because, I'm currently watching Two Weeks and Oh My God, my heart hurts. :heartbreak: It's a very good drama and I love it. JG is so amazing in it, he makes my heart hurt!! I'm feeling all kinds of things and I'm not able to express myself clearly at the moment.

Hide contents

I don't know whether this is an unpopular opinion, but I want to see him in a drama and/or movie where he's smiling and smirking (and flirting too) from the beginning to end. I need it.

@antoniaclamens Thank you for the lovely gifs and pics and for prompting @violina Please keep up the good work!:wink: While we are at it, how about crying gif parade (God, why am I doing this to myself?? :crazy:) - JG is simply amazing at it, even his eyes act magnificently! 

You’re welcome!!! i’ll try to include a crying parade. I love when he cries too!!! Even when I always ended up crying along with him

On 2017-6-12 at 5:22 PM, missmaudy said:

@pixelsticks There is a big possibility that we may find photos of him at GD concert floating around in a few days. He was photographed at the EXO & Psy concerts. 

just to think about the possibility of being sitting next LJG on a concert makes me salivate.. of course i'd never dream to see the concert, I would look at him only from start to finish

On 2017-6-12 at 9:51 PM, jaysmurf said:

sorry cuz i don't always cry after watching dramas.
when i was watching LJG, i feel his pain :(

I confess I’m the crying type. I cry over dramas, movies, books, songs, places, anything that touches my heart with its beauty or sadness… so I cried rivers because of Wang So. He stills makes me cry a lot (and more than any other thing, sigh) wish I could be like you…:bawling:

On 2017-6-13 at 9:41 AM, cedarwood said:

And to work with! He's sometimes compared to other korean stars and everyone says that he's really hard working person, v. professional, v. focused, never complaints and never behaves like a star or drama queen. 

Never seen that! Do you know where I can find his scenes in NonStop?

Will ask - how's the drama? I have it and will watch it some day.

Sorry for cutting your post! what you said must be true. He has to be someone wonderful to work with! So many praises from his co-workers must be for something. On spoiler because offtopic:

Spoiler

about 3W3L10MPB aka eternal love, it is my first Chinese drama and a long one (58 epis) but epis are like 40 minutes length and time flies very fast when watching it. I just end it and I love it so much! It’s not a perfect drama but it’s really addictive. And you will love Ye Hua (Mark Chao, the leading man). He’s not Wang So (nobody can be a Wang So, I doubt if LJG himself could ever give us something so great again), but Ye Hua is LOVE!!! :wub::heart::heart::heart: If you have time: do watch it!!!

On 2017-6-13 at 5:02 PM, violina said:

Allow me to chip in my irrelevant two cents here.I appreciate your concerns are valid,and I totally understand where you are coming from, but I think its because you are missing him, thats why you feel that way(dont we all? i miss his presence). lets all stay strong and hang on, it will eventually be ok. Indeed, everytime time I see JG looking tired or haggard,I just feel the urge to snatch him away from the world.lock him up in a room and feed him non stop.Give him an ultimatum to rest and sleep for at least three days. And lately take away his phone, so he doesnt access the internet for a few days.But we all know JG is a workaholic and extrovert, so that is stifling him not helping him.Anyways back to what you have said:

1. About his co-stars, remember he was kind of the middleman, not the most senior but not the most junior actor either.Starting with the senior ones like his dad, mom, step mum, the general in the mlshr drama etc..those actors usually play important but supporting characters, so they can afford to hop from one drama to the next within a year because they have fewer lines and scenes thus less exhausting and easy to detach and immerse themselves from one character to the next.In my opinion they are not really aiming to create iconic characters but just help in narrating the drama stories.As for the younger co stars like for example 8th prince who can also be considered one of the main characters; a simple google search will tell you that he is majorly a film actor rather than a drama actor and he is like the blue chip young blood of the k-movie industry. Hence why he is in so many movie productions before, during and after MLSHR.

2.As for 3rd prince, 13th prince, and 14th prince, remember they are almost a decade younger than JG.So it makes sense for them to be running around, trying to gain more acting experience and mark their place in the industry and and grabbing every opportunity available to them.They cant afford to be leaving too much time gaps because they are replaceable.Also lets not forget two out of the three are getting all these projects because of agency backing, Whereas JG doesnt need that.Also look at the time line, MLSHR finished filming in June; between July and August was heavy promos for MLSHR.show aired between August-Early November.November -December was post show interviews, magazine photo shoots and it being an international success, everyone wants a piece of him, international fans of the drama, journalists etc, the sbs drama awards, polls upon polls as a result of his success.its only fair he basks in the glory of his hardwork for the drama.January- February: resident evil promo and premiere plus the casting announcement for criminal minds. March to April: my ear candy with tvn.No space anywhere to overlap with a new movie or drama with or without the fan meets.

3.More importantly I think he operates on 'quality better than quantity' philosophy.Even though this interview was four years ago but i dont think this has changed for him: look what he says here;

Q:You are now in the process of selecting your next project. What do you place the most emphasis on when choosing a project? what are your expectations?
JG:The most important thing is that the show shouldn’t be something purely for entertainment, but it should be something that resonates with the audience. I think a show that touches the hearts of many is better than one that leaves the audience with nothing at the end. Of course, the basic requirement is that I should find the scenario interesting when I read it.

https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/translation-lee-joon-gi-ep-j-2013-winter/#more-533

So i think if this is what still guides him when choosing projects, then it makes sense for him to invest his energy on only one or maybe two at most per year to produce this outcome.This is why we have shows like: king and the clown, the time between dog and wolf, iljimae (to some extent), two weeks and now scarlet heart ryeo. These are shows that were not just mere entertainment but shows that had heart. So even though two weeks had "low" domestic ratings and scarlet heart ryeo too plus its perceived "flaws" by those who absolutely hated the drama:D, and the other three are almost a decade ago.There are many people still rave about these shows today and some dont understand why.

Whereas the most recent popular shows were just like a puff of air, talk about them for a month or two and then disappear.They dont leave long lasting impression. How many actors at his age can boast of that?.I know he is now a veteran actor.Some of his fellow veteran actors hope from one project without taking a break in a year. I mean it works for them. But JG plays his characters in such a way that both he and us the audience get too attached to the character, and we need time to adjust to the next character.Can you imagine if he had just wrap up wang so, in end october and then begin filming a new drama in November. Even now its been seven months already but people are still suffering from the "wang so effect". That's how powerful he is.

4.As for the director thing, he really has a knack for it.His people skills are excellent.You know he did help direct 10th prince's dying scene.And that to me, was that character's most memorable scene in the whole drama.You can check MLSHR BTS. He even shows 10th prince how to act out the scene and kept cheering him on until he acted the scene well.Also look at part of his advice to an aspiring actress(there is more but here is the summary: its already been posted before but still(dont be too mesmerised by the pretty face coz he sure is looking beautiful here:D:D read the subs) :

This.He has said it himself many times but let me just quote his own words from a source:

Q: You are now preparing for your Asia Tour. How is it like practising for your songs and choreography?

JG:please think of my performances as a venue for me to interact with my fans in various ways. That’s why I’ve been thinking of ways that I can communicate more with my fans. Singing and dancing help to relieve my stress, so I’m enjoying my practices too.

Q:There are many who wish to see you film another cool MV like J-Style. Do you have any plans to produce one?
JG: I’m not a singer, so I’m a bit concerned that producing a MV will give people the impression that I’m being one. There are also many who prefer me to focus on acting rather than selling albums. So my priority now as an actor is to get more critically acclaimed projects that will bring in high viewership. However, I do acknowledge that producing MVs do stimulate me, so I wish to take up the challenge again one day.

https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/translation-lee-joon-gi-ep-j-2013-winter/#more-533

This is where you know he does really read his fans' opinions.Its just that in the end, this guy has a firm grasp on his career.He knows what he is doing.He will take constructive criticisms on board. But ultimately the decision making process about what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and how he is going to do it is in his hands.

PS: so sorry for my very very long rambling..it wasnt mean to be this long.its ok if you just skip through and get the gist of what am trying to say.

You're so right, we just have to go a read/hear what he said to felt assured he always know what he wants and what is the best for him... and us fans!!! thank you for remind us that

@glassnokamen and @violina thank you so much for the CM vids and pics!!! i need the drama like right now!!!! so much anticipation... and i love the new lotte picture. i always thought that Lee Jong Suk looks under 18! (that's why i didn't ship the lead couple in I Can Hear Your Voice, it seemed ilegal to me!!!) but in that picture LJG looks younger than him! how could he do it!!!

• Like 8
14 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

@glassnokamen @pixelsticks as you were talking about the singles photoshoot i was about to post some gifs from it, hope you enjoy:

Can you hear me squee!?!?  That one photoshoot was all kinds of amazing.  Arrgh.  Where's the Marie Claire stuff?  I haven't wanted June to disappear so quickly before.  

LeeJunKi041_zps538697e2.jpg

• Like 9
3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Can you hear me squee!?!?  That one photoshoot was all kinds of amazing.  Arrgh.  Where's the Marie Claire stuff?  I haven't wanted June to disappear so quickly before.  

I am anxiously anticipating the latest marie claire:wub: and interview. and didnt they say he did a vogue shoot too?More JG photos soon only two more weeks yipee.Ok while we wait?lets go down the memory lane:

Marie Claire

tumblr_odxpeqHYTL1se4lluo8_400_zpsm3hrd9

Spoiler

tumblr_odxpeqHYTL1se4lluo1_400_zpsfwvniy

tumblr_odxpeqHYTL1se4lluo7_400_zps1ov4a7

Allure

tumblr_okt7q4uBsf1tdfsf6o5_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o4p3zr3DcN1spfigfo5_400.gif

tumblr_okt7q4uBsf1tdfsf6o3_400.gif

Namoo

tumblr_okaxx58pFU1tdfsf6o4_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_okb0tzZyT41tdfsf6o4_250.gif

tumblr_okb0tzZyT41tdfsf6o5_250.gif

tumblr_oo0pa6LPfk1s7v19go8_r1_400.gif

Cosmopolitan:wub:

tumblr_obdm8rGkW91spfigfo2_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ongmre03dC1w8iyteo4_400.gif

Harpers Bazaar(2016)

tumblr_ogeajmJusK1vng8dpo1_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_ogeajmJusK1vng8dpo5_400.gif

tumblr_ogemvjofxi1vng8dpo5_400.gif

Elle 

tumblr_oi9yjvfAY11spfigfo3_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_oi9yjvfAY11spfigfo5_400.gif

tumblr_oi9yjvfAY11spfigfo1_400.gif

All credits belong to the original gif uploaders

• Like 7
15 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

it is actually adapted from the chinese drama Scarlet Heart which is from a chinese novel. i prefer the korean version actually. 

the female lead really understood the struggles of Wang So even though she still decided to leave.

for the Chinese version, the female lead keeps blaming the 4th prince and thus becomes a reason for her to leave palace.

Just for info because I am also curious myself. Please don't get me wrong that I want to correct you or anything like that. I just want to get a proper info.

I have double checked. MLSHR was an adaptation of the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xing by Tong Hua. It was not a remake of the c-drama. That is why there were big or many differences in the interpretation.

I have watched both dramas. Both are good in their own way. But I would have loved the c-version  if I watched it 10 years ago. However, the drama making style now is more sophisticated compared to back then so I love the k-version more too.

And of course, the biggest reason I prefer the k-version was LJG iconic portrayal of the 4th Prince. To me: his performance in that drama was a MASTERPIECE.

That is why I am here. I have been watching  k drama for a decade now but I have not liked any actor the way I admire LJG- in acting particularly & also other talents--- his great looks and being a good human being are just bonuses.

Another topic: This is not related to jaysmurf post above.

To the negativity up there, I just have to smile because I am usually the one who is so impatient with people who come and go on this thread and only leave comments when they see opportunity to throw their negativity and sarcastic comments.  

Do not worry chingu. There are really people who are like that in here. Just learn how to ignore their negative comments. :) 

It is just that they like other oppas more than LJG. :) That is why they sound kind of defensive. 

• Like 7
1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

Just for info because I am also curious myself. Please don't get me wrong that I want to correct you or anything like that. I just want to get a proper info.

sorry don't understand what you mean by you want to get a proper info. whatever adaptation you mentioned was the same as what i had wasn't it?
but just so you know and just between you and me, 我是华人 :wink: not from mainland though.

don't mind me saying, your inputs are a little conflicted (so u love LJG right? hee...maybe i am wrong too) but anyway, anyone is entitled to their preferences in dramas. i loved 步步惊心 when i watched it.

i love MLSHR even more :wink: 

LJG is able to make my heart ache for Wang So. So I was glad whenever Hae Soo was able to understand him because LJG really made me feel like I want to be by his side and comfort him.

Edited by jaysmurf
  • Like 2
1 hour ago, jaysmurf said:

sorry don't understand what you mean by you want to get a proper info. whatever adaptation you mentioned was the same as what i had wasn't it?
but just so you know and just between you and me, 我是华人 :wink: not from mainland though.

don't mind me saying, your inputs are a little conflicted (so u love LJG right? hee...maybe i am wrong too) but anyway, anyone is entitled to their preferences in dramas. i loved 步步惊心 when i watched it.

i love MLSHR even more :wink: 

LJG is able to make my heart ache for Wang So. So I was glad whenever Hae Soo was able to understand him because LJG really made me feel like I want to be by his side and comfort him.

The second portion of my post was not related to your post. I have already edited my original post btw. If you read every single post here, you will understand what I mean by it. But Forget about it anyway. It's not something important. 

About the licensing of Moon Lovers: I think what you said is different what I said I guess. :) Well maybe in layman's perspective. 

Anyway, I'll elaborate. Hope you don't mind. 

MLSHR only bought the license or right for adaptation into a drama from the Novel or Tong Hua. They didn't buy the rights from the c-drama production or it's screen writer to remake the drama because the c-drama producers themselves don't have the right to do so. But for the Season 2,  they have  the right to sell it because it's their own and not related to Tong Hua's novel Bu Bu Jing Xing.

Yes I agree. Both dramas are good in their own way. But I prefer MLSHR version. 

So you are a Chinese fan? My command of the English language is not very good. I hope my explanation is good enough for you to understand what I was trying to say. 

• Like 4
On 13.06.2017 at 3:01 AM, kekeke09 said:

Cause somebody mentioned Wang So here again...

Hahaha! I believe we will mention him for loooooong time in the future. :wub:

On 13.06.2017 at 8:25 PM, missmaudy said:

About Non-stop- Sorry I can't remember where I watched it. I had been into several sites including baidu. But try jgfamily facebook fan account. Sorry I am not much of help.

Dang! Will have to look for it.

On 13.06.2017 at 11:47 PM, violina said:

In my newly found hobby..i cant leave the forum without posting a good day/night gif or beauty parade.

I love your hobby, you know? :)

• Like 4
On 14.06.2017 at 4:31 PM, glassnokamen said:

Some new picture from CM set

Please tell me he's going to have a scene like this in the drama! LJG playing football with children awwwww!!! :wub:

On 14.06.2017 at 7:18 PM, missmaudy said:

the Chinese version was another adaptation of the book and I think this version have deviated from the novel for making the 4th Prince travel to the 21st century. Then they made season 2. I heard season 2 didn't rate as good as season 1.

If you ask me I imagine Wang So in 2 different time travels. One is the real time travel to 21st century. No idea how but SOMEHOW??? Two - traveling through incarnations and trying to find Hae Soo in every life finally finding her nowadays.

Honestly someone should at least write a fanfiction about it! Not me - my language will not allow me to express myself but someone talented. Ahhh what a good read it would be!

22 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

Not really. It is adaptation of the novel. Really. They didn't make just drama remake, they made their own book adaptation.

19 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I cry over dramas, movies, books, songs, places, anything that touches my heart with its beauty or sadness…

Same here although I'm cold hearted but when something touches my stony heart... oh dear... I change into Niagara sometimes.

what you said must be true. He has to be someone wonderful to work with! So many praises from his co-workers must be for something.

Exactly. I can believe that one or two people say that about him and that's because they're said to say so (does that make any sense?!) but when I read it from soooo many different people? No way, it can't be a coincidence. 

About spoiler - thank you. Will watch it, I like c-dramas too although not all (just like k-dramas - not all are interesting!) but historical ones are the bomb. :)

I safe my favorite one for the last :love::yum::heart:

Come to my funeral, dears, I'm dead! :love:

9 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Missing him real bad.:( Sorry, this post is long, I don't know how to put them under hidden contents.

I thought he gained some weitght already but it doesn't seem so. :( He's so skinny...

• Like 8
On 6/13/2017 at 3:11 PM, cedarwood said:

Me neither. But still there where so many great scene with him in this drama. Not only "Bye, Maria!" moment ( :lol: ) but also his first appearance in the drama - remember that? Looking like a young god Joon Gi wakes up in red bedding and the first thing he does is a passionate kiss with a woman. Now don't tell me you wouldn't love to see him doing something like that nowadays! :wink: 

Also no matter how I dislike the drama there is one of the best and best filmed fight scenes in LJG's career. Watch it - dim lights, smoke, dancing club and furious, desperate Lee Joon Gi starting a fight. Just for this scene it's worth to watch it. Not to mention LJG in bathrobe or snowman scene. 

Or LJG sleeping during important board meeting. :wink:

Hi Chingu.Talking about 'my girl'..While I was JG gif treasure hunting, the other day i happen to see it, and remembered you saying something about it...ah its still funny no matter how many times i see it:D.

tumblr_oh74z4emUe1tdfsf6o3_400_zpsniz8n5

tumblr_oh74z4emUe1tdfsf6o1_400_zpsaeebib

and look he has the loudest clap when he was sleeping the whole time in the meeting:

tumblr_oh74z4emUe1tdfsf6o8_400_zpsho24ww

• Like 8
1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

I thought he gained some weitght already but it doesn't seem so. :( He's so skinny...

Yes, certain photos he looked skinny. It could be the angle. But, we love him all the same! Skinny, chubby. He is a gentle person.:heart:

I guess CM is a demanding drama. Just hope he doesn't lose more weight.

• Like 7

Now I know most of us are having so many worries like; why criminal minds is not being promoted, when it is supposedly meant to air next month? There is barely any news save for fan cams updating us on whats going on?Our JG is he doing ok? He seem to be losing even more weight every time we see him? We are all missing him? There is no way us international fans can reach him, tell him or show him that we care and we got his back.For some real life is just as stressful;going to school or work is a nightmare; for some home is a nightmare;But still today its Happy Friday today!!! lets cheer up and stay strong:

Lets dance all those worries away:

tumblr_opjnzfC97B1tud7vso2_400.gif

e42b5271gw1edoxxlomrng208w05inn9_zps08c5

Sing those worries away:

tumblr_omcg4bTQbd1tdfsf6o3_400_zpskmtkd8

tumblr_ok91deN3LZ1tdfsf6o3_540_zpscpx0sf

Body roll those worries away

tumblr_or55ua7fbg1tud7vso1_400.gif

By the way, i know just seeing JG makes us all droll and feel all kinds of ways. But hands up to those who think lee joon gi's sexiness factor, multiplies like 100 times more, when he is wearing leather jeans or jacket?

tumblr_or55ua7fbg1tud7vso3_500.gif

wiggle those worries away:

e42b5271gw1edoxxgpu7cg206y05v7wh_zps851b

tumblr_ntn151zrC81spfigfo1_400_zpsisslcg

But remember not to regret two seconds later:)

tumblr_ntn151zrC81spfigfo3_400_zpsss7hox

All credits go to the original gif uploaders.

• Like 9
  • Guest changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기