Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

5 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

Criminal Minds has been confirmed for broadcast on TvN. The finalized cast is Jo Hyun Joo, Lee Joon Gi, Moon Chae Won, Lee Sun Bin, Kim Young Chul, Yoo Sun, and Go Yoon. Script reading will start on 07 April and filming will start in the third week of April.

Source

Hoorrraaaaaaayyyy!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was waiting for that news for so long. Joon Gi, you made me impatient. :wub:

Now I'm making a happy dance. Yessss!!! New drama with Joon Gi! New drama with Joon Gi! New drama with Joon Gi!

I can't stop smiling. :D

• Like 11

10 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Hoorrraaaaaaayyyy!!! Finally!!!!!!!!!!!!!!! I was waiting for that news for so long. Joon Gi, you made me impatient. :wub:

Now I'm making a happy dance. Yessss!!! New drama with Joon Gi! New drama with Joon Gi! New drama with Joon Gi!

I can't stop smiling. :D

Hi cedarwood, can I join dancing with you, dear? I also feel happy that LJK has another drama soon. :lol:

• Like 9

Actor Lee Joon-gi confirms relationship with actress Jeon Hye-bin

Popular actor Lee Joon-gi, who also has a large following in other Asian countries, is dating actress Jeon Hye-bin, their talent agency confirmed Tuesday.

"Lee and Jeon developed into a couple in the first half of last year," Namoo Actors, which manages both stars, said, hours after an Internet-based newspaper reported that they are in their second year of dating secretly.

20170404001047_0.jpg

(Instagram)

"The two first met while filming a television drama in 2014 and were a good friend to each other when rumors on their relationship emerged for the first time," the agency said in a press release.

"And then they came to realize that they have much in common as friends and a good feeling about each other. But they have been dating very cautiously since it took a long time before they came to convince themselves about the feeling," it added.

Lee, 35, and Jeon, 34, worked together for the 2014 KBS 2TV historical drama series "Joseon Gunman." (Yonhap)
  • Like 5

5 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Also please don't be too hard on the poor little girl crying over her cellphone at the news.  I can still remember my first celebrity teenage crush - dreaming about him in class, fantasising, I even wrote him a letter :tongue: then heartbreak - he got married :o I'm sure some of these adverse comments are coming from young impressionable girls - I won't call them delusional.  They just took him at face value and didn't realise it was all for fan service.  Some of you might not appreciate this comment but I did wonder at the time of his Hong Kong and Singapore FM if he had taken it too far with the sexual overtones and thought some of his younger fans might be swept away with their feelings and then be hurt.  Oh well onwards now to Criminal Minds and further success for Lee Joon Gi :D:wub:

A nice dose of reality right now won't hurt. :tongue: Just chalk it up to preparation for the future. But I wasn't directing my comments primarily at teenagers. :wink:

I don't think it matters what LJG did or didn't do. I imagine all he has to do is flash a smile and girls will go berserk. Think about Beatlemania... they weren't exactly dancers and the girls all went nuts. :D

It feels like all I'm doing is defending LJG (I'm only trying to be fair)... but at the end of the day, the guy is promoting a product and if no one is buying it, then no one would be making it.

We can't expect LJG to do what the fans want and then turn around and accuse him of leading women on.

Also, let's not insult the intelligence of the women that he's worked with and the one he's dating. They all know how the game is played in their industry.

Anyway... I'm going to shut up now and go into my drama corner. 

• Like 17

6 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

:D FINALLY! :lol: Next project is confirmed!! I do wish Namoo would make a statement in his NOTICE or NEWS section.  

But now there is something to look forward to and we get to see JG ACT AGAIN in 2017!!  I wish the cast and crew the best possible success!   As I have said before, crime procedurals are not my thing but I will watch this one.  I hope we will find out by the script reading what Joon Gi's character will encompass.  AND I do hope he will continue his IG posts during the filming...as it has been an enjoyable source of background info into the process and the show/actors/crew. 

And I think JG & JHB are pretty gorgeous together.  

I cannot wait to see what hairstyle/look they have planned for his character.  And I hope no other big drama/show will be aired at the same time to kill any local "ratings."

And now that we see the full cast...any predictions on who might be who....if they are following the American version at all? 

Hi pixelsticks, oh..........you think so? You know, when romance rumors of the two began to resurface & when I saw the picture of the two wearing the same necklace, with a pendant of a key, on each of their personal social media accounts then I saw the picture of them working out at the same fitness club this is where I started to be curious. I just wonder why it took him so long to confirm the relationship. :lol:

• Like 4

10 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

Criminal Minds Casting Settled, First Broadcast in July

Criminal Minds has been confirmed for broadcast on TvN. The finalized cast is Jo Hyun Joo, Lee Joon Gi, Moon Chae Won, Lee Sun Bin, Kim Young Chul, Yoo Sun, and Go Yoon. Script reading will start on 07 April and filming will start in the third week of April.

Source

Yes, at last!! I was hoping so hard that this would be true. But if the script reading is on Friday, I wonder why it's only being confirmed now O___O. Is this common with k-dramas? With j-dramas, the cast is usually known months in advance.

And once again, the timing of all of this is seriously weirding me out.

• Like 10

Thank you @LyraYoo for opening up the CM Drama Thread.  I wonder if it will be as hot and epic as the MLSHR thread? Time will tell. 

I found this article posted online today.  

10-best-action-and-crime-korean-dramas-3-small.jpg?w=640

https://kdramakisses.com/2017/04/05/10-best-action-and-crime-korean-dramas/

2 of JG's dramas made the list!

6. Time Between Dog and Wolf

Time Between Dog and Wolf Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi

Plot: A man goes undercover in Thailand to infiltrate the crime syndicate responsible for his mother’s death.  What he doesn’t realize is that the woman he loves is also the daughter of the syndicates king pin.

Time Between Dog and Wolf is a classic, and it’s easy to see why. I loved the way it was filmed and the whole atmosphere of it.  The drama also has such an intensity.  It builds and builds as the drama progresses leaving me on the edge of my seat.

Time Between Dog and Wolf is also one of the best examples of the wide range of Lee Joon Gi’s acting abilities.  His character has so many different sides to him, and Lee Joon Gi nailed them all.

This is the kind of drama that you shouldn’t think too hard about while watching.  A lot of the plot elements are very over the top, and sometimes you just kind of have to go with it.  With that in mind, Time Between Dog and Wolf really is thrilling and oh so fun!

5. Two Weeks

Two Weeks - Lee Joon Gi

Plot: A man framed for murder must survive for two weeks in order to save his daughter with leukemia.

Two Weeks is a fun ride with a lot of excitement. Being on the run is in and of itself intense. But adding in the time constraint of having to save his daughter in a short amount of time just adds this extra layer of thrills.

It’s also another fantastic outing by Lee Joon Gi. His character goes on quite the journey of growth, and it is very moving to see. The characters are presented in a very believable way and the story is very solid. Two Weeks is thoroughly entertaining from start to finish. (Two Weeks Review)

• Like 17

10-best-historical-sageuk-dramas-2-text-small

https://kdramakisses.com/2017/03/09/10-best-historical-sageuk-korean-dramas/

4..count them... 4 made the cut

8. Scholar Who Walks the Night

Scholar Who Walks the Night Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi and Lee Yoo Bi

Plot: A scholar becomes involved with a plot to take down the evil vampire Gwi, but he ends up becoming a vampire himself.  He then dedicates his life over the next 120 years to finding a way to destroy the evil vampire.

Scholar Who Walks the Night was such an enjoyable drama. It had the feel of an epic fairy tale, and I would love to see more stories like this in kdramas. It’s a little rough around the edges, but there is still plenty to like.

Lee Joon Gi was amazing, and I couldn’t have chosen a more perfect tortured vampire.  He immersed himself in the role as did all of the actors.  Lee Soo Hyuk as the evil vampire Gwi was a joy to watch, and I was thoroughly pleased with him. Overall, Scholar Who Walks the Night hit all the right spots for a fun supernatural historical. (Scholar Who Walks the Night Review)

7. Joseon Gunman

Joseon Gunman Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi

Plot: When the best swordsman in Joseon is murdered, his son gives up the sword to become a gunman and seek revenge.

Joseon Gunman really intrigued me because of its unique setting during the transitional period between the traditional and modern Joseon. With the gun being a somewhat newer weapon, those who wielded it carried a lot of power. It added an element of excitement to the drama that I loved.

It’s fascinating watching our hero (Lee Joon Gi) go from a traditional swordsman to a western influenced gunman. The drama has some great action and battles to really keep things exciting as well as some intense drama and a great romance. I enjoyed this one from start to finish.

6. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Goryeo

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Goryeo Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi and IU

Plot: A modern day woman travels back in time to the Goryeo era where she getsromantically involved with several princes and finds herself in the middle of their battle for the throne.

Moon Lovers was one intense ride! It has everything you could ask for including action, romance, handsome princes, drama, and so much intensity. The drama was both epic and tragic. It had extremely high stakes all the way through that kept things intense. It also delivered so many feels.

Lee Joon Gi is absolutely phenomenal as the 4th prince, Wang So. His performance alone makes the drama a must see. The atmosphere, costumes, sets, music, and story were all completely engaging. Moon Lovers is unique in many ways, and I’m thrilled to have enjoyed such a fantastic story. (Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Goryeo Review)

4. Iljimae

Iljimae Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi

Plot: A masked man robs from the rich and gives to the poor while trying to uncover the truth behind his father’s murder.

Iljimae is the oldest drama on this list coming out in 2008. It does a feel a bit older, but I absolutely loved it, and it definitely holds up. The pacing was great, and I was never bored.  There was also a lot of fun action and plenty of wonderful characters to go around.

I found myself completely immersed in the characters and their story.  Watching Yong develop into Iljimae was an interesting journey. He goes on a moving journey both as a hero and as person. Iljimae really is a fantastic drama on many levels. (Iljimae Review)

• Like 21

I need to step away from parts of the internet.  The power to be judgemental is everywhere. <_<

I hope we get some CM news on Friday that we can digest/discuss.  I would love it if there would be SNS info about the upcoming Encore show. 

And I hope this look gets incorporated into CM somehow.

3022902153_6fVnKdoB_2017.04.03.jpg

• Like 15

9 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi pixelsticks, oh..........you think so? You know, when romance rumors of the two began to resurface & when I saw the picture of the two wearing the same necklace, with a pendant of a key, on each of their personal social media accounts then I saw the picture of them working out at the same fitness club this is where I started to be curious. I just wonder why it took him so long to confirm the relationship. :lol:

Necklaces equality was just a coincidence since Joon Gi's necklace was a gift from a fan and Namoo said JHB bought her necklace in Hawaii two years before the rumor. Even when rumors started, before Namoo spoke and explained about the supposed couple necklaces, in Joon Gi's DCgallery the fans said that necklace was a gift and then the agency said the same thing. Proof that Joon Gi told the truth is that there are photos of him wearing that necklace long before he knows JHB, like this pic that he posted on his Weibo in December 2013.

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, primer plano

• Like 13

11 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi cedarwood, can I join dancing with you, dear? I also feel happy that LJK has another drama soon. :lol:

Join me then! The more the merrier. So many great news in so short time - new drama, new love. Oh wow! I'm so happy I'm all in tears. :D

3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

2 of JG's dramas made the list!

Hah! No wonder - those are one of the best action dramas I've seen so far. Seriously I rewatched them like millions of times and they never bore me.

• Like 12

I just have to keep repeating.  I am amazed by @lisethvr skills.  Are you a librarian or record keeper/archivist in RL of some sort?   :wink: 

And my daily friendly reminder....(and easy links so busy people can participate)

please VOTE for :heart:Lee JOON Gi:heart::

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-actor      VOTE as often as you like...just keep clicking on the link

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-bad-boy     VOTE as often as you like...just keep clicking on the link

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-historical-drama  VOTE as often as you like...just keep clicking on the link

https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-ensemble      VOTE as often as you like...just keep clicking on the link

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2017-poll/?fv-page=2   Once Daily

http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-korean-actors-2017-poll/  Once Daily - He is #4 now...rose above Park Bo Gum. Only 1000 more votes to #3

• Like 10

7 hours ago, lisethvr said:

Necklaces equality was just a coincidence since Joon Gi's necklace was a gift from a fan and Namoo said JHB bought her necklace in Hawaii two years before the rumor. Even when rumors started, before Namoo spoke and explained about the supposed couple necklaces, in Joon Gi's DCgallery the fans said that necklace was a gift and then the agency said the same thing. Proof that Joon Gi told the truth is that there are photos of him wearing that necklace long before he knows JHB, like this pic that he posted on his Weibo in December 2013.

Hi lisethvr, oh, thanks for the explanation - & thanks for sharing this picture. We all know that it's Korea's culture to have this "couple thing" - Couple wants to have matching things. At first, I thought it was a bit weird. I googled it and found out that its common for couples in Korea to have them. Like me, my BF is a Korean but I have some reservations on this. It is still a bit odd for me to walk around with him having matching things. I think it's just a flamboyant way to show off our relationship. Korea is (almost) all about couples - ranging from couple cafes to couple apps and holidays ...  There are many "matching clothing or accessories" that Korean couples just loved! Matching outfits for couples are apparently a thing in Korea. :lol:

• Like 9

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I need to step away from parts of the internet.  The power to be judgemental is everywhere. <_<

I hope we get some CM news on Friday that we can digest/discuss.  I would love it if there would be SNS info about the upcoming Encore show. 

And I hope this look gets incorporated into CM somehow.

Hi pixelsticks, right you are - criticism continues on SNS and various community boards. Fans are upset that they weren't treated with respect regarding this matter. The backlash is on the show as well, “Candy in My Ears 2” – Well, I heard that he is preparing to release a statement at the encore concert he is holding at the Olympic Park Stadium on the 15th this month. Wait & see............. :lol:

• Like 10

19 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi pixelsticks, right you are - criticism continues on SNS and various community boards. Fans are upset that they weren't treated with respect regarding this matter. The backlash is on the show as well, “Candy in My Ears 2” – Well, I heard that he is preparing to release a statement at the encore concert he is holding at the Olympic Park Stadium on the 15th this month. Wait & see............. :lol:

This concert is going to be an emotional one. I remember his first grand scale FM in that video when he was in a platform reading the letter and tearing up.

LJG is probably the only celebrity I know who genuinely appreciates and gives special affection to the fans. Well, Imagine after his first downfall, he managed to be this big again. Any good hearted human being would probably feel and do the same thing as he does like appreciating fans because bottom line they are the main reason why he is still popular and relevant in the industry.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 12