Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

I take back my words.I think TVN and Namoo guys are actually very smart.Cancel 8 th candy episode after controversy.Announce casting news.This will make all the true JG fans want to view the drama and support him and gain more male audience and fans.TVN is more subscription based and international or so I heard so this can only mean more money for them..Well played!!lAlso my wish that JG remains buzzworthy until the beginning of filming has been fulfilled even though not in the way I envisioned it.:D

• Like 14

Ok...I think people already looked past or are over with the editing accusations or issues.. but still I want to share my thoughts before I go Awol on this site due to real life responsibilities...The analogy that I'm going to use might be off and come off comparing apples to oranges and I might mention some unnecessary things but I can't help but think that the root and culprit of all this fiasco with MEC is actually the editing. My mind was in a blur yesterday with all the helming and worrying for the incoming storm that I can't believe I forgot about these things.The reason I said that it was editing is because of what I what I witnessed the past few years in k-ent. 

Some if not all of you here might not even be into kpop or khiphop but there was this one incident with this show called "Show Me The Money" Season 4, which is a rap competition that airs on Mnet, wherein Jay Park was accusing the PD's of too much editing. If you know who he is and is put offed by his attitude, then you might not find his accusations or words viable but now with this MEC incident, the statements he said about the show, its PD's and it's editing that I took with just a grain of salt and even brush off before made me believe him now 100%. He was accusing the PD's of editing the show in a way that made it seem that there was a feud among the different judges from different labels which surprised him when the first episode aired cause he said they actually filmed it in a Fun manner and there were NO feuds or fights going on. He even accused the PD's of deliberately ordering or instigating them and the contestants to start fights and dissed harder in order to make the show more dramatic. There was also this accusation that the competition was rigged from the start because of the idol contestant Song Minho from WINNER because he's raking in the views and popularity due to his idol status. I think there's no doubt he's talented and even without the competition being so called "fixed" he might have actually even still won the show but due to the editing accusations it tainted his win in some people's eyes and we fail to see how much he could actually compete without the backing. Fellow participants of the show didn't back him but they didn't or maybe couldn't even deny his accusations. Some people more experienced just advised him that that's just how it goes and it didn't strain his rapport with anybody in the hiphop commnunity Even the PD's were silent and he was still able to finish the season lol. I guess rappers have a more liberated attitude that's why they or actually he, could shout this at the top of his lungs plus he's from the US hence the "I don't give a eff" attitude lol.

This even ushered in more memories of instances where I would notice editing blunders on other korean variety shows and just brush it off. There was this one clip I saw from "Strong Heart" I couldn't remember who were the people involved, if they were idols or an actor or actress so I'll just label them star or entertainer. There was this star talking about something funny then it keeps zooming in to the reaction of another famous entertainer laughing but when the camera pans out you would see that the entertainer is not even present anymore lol. It happens, guest with tight schedules could leave because the duration of the filming is so long, the PD's will just apparently use what they have. It was a top comment on youtube so I rewinded and saw the blunder. Then in "Star King" there were actually several incidents like that wherein something is happening or someone is saying something funny then they'll zoom in for the reactions and it will be either they're not there or they weren't actually reacting that hard or had stoic faces when the camera pans out.

You could even notice it on some clips in MEC wherein you could hear the audio of PMY laughing overlapping with her stating a word or sentence, even Joon Gi's. Then there was the sequence of their conversation in Ep 7 at night where you would see PMY in an apron and ponytail at the start to no ponytail and apron and then back again to her in an apron and ponytail. If that isn't some serious blatantly obvious editing and people continue to be ignorant sh*ts then I don't even know anymore. It doesn't mean that they weren't genuine and that their laughter and their intentions and sincerity in conversations were fake. They did laugh and had fun, where else would the PD's get audio of them laughing and they were different every time. I'm just saying they were probably laughing or reacting to some other things twisted by the editing power of the PD's to give off the romantic vibe. There's no doubt in my my mind that they were sincere and genuine in having a FRIENDLY conversation, it just got twisted by the editing team

Then there's this article :http://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/article-2574599/Contestant-South-Korean-Big-Brother-style-reality-hangs-filming-felt-edited-make-look-unpopular.html. I was contemplating whether to share it or not since it is a sensitive and morbid incident or topic but I think this helps get my point across with THE POWER OF EDITING. Also this picture: 232dbe6b169f40e5f0c4d47c30a6699a.jpg

So folks don't believe everything you see on TV lol...Even the news gets twisted what more of these so called reality shows.

• Like 16

2 hours ago, violina said:

@40somethingahjumma Bulls eye!!once again you always manage to hit the nail on the head and be the best voice of reason.*slow claps*.What's incredulous is all these assumptions and allegations as you have eloquently said are totally unfounded.There is no way that could happen.These people converse behind the scenes. Thats why people on JG's side are scoffing at this so called 'scandal'.I see a case for defamation (k-net and disgruntled shippers)and invasion of privacy(dispatch) here.

Frankly, I had no intention of saying anything but the level of ridiculousness had reached new heights when I looked around this morning. Life is short... and the outrage is disproportionate to the "scandal" which is frankly rather ho hum.

Not that what I think matters but I suspected he was already in a relationship so I'm not really surprised. As for his so-called flirting, he's been very free and easy with all his female co-stars in interviews including Milla Jovovich but no one seemed to think he was involved with her, did they? At the risk of offending a lot of people, I think people saw a lot of what they wanted to when the simplest answer would have done. I never believed a private guy like LJG would show his feelings about a woman so freely in front of the cameras except as a show.

I doubt any of the women have been hurt by this. Maybe someone should ask them before throwing invectives at LJG. I'm reasonably certain that they were willing participants in all the fan servicing. This isn't Jane Austen's Emma.

I feel there's a bit of a  what we Aussies call the tall poppy syndrome going on here. Tearing him down at the height of his popularity. But I'm reasonably sure things will blow over soon enough. 

But on happier news... Yesssssss... Criminal Minds... LJG and MCW in an ensemble cast catching killers etc. Great stuff. That's something worth talking about.

• Like 16

8 hours ago, 40somethingahjumma said:

I never believed a private guy like LJG would show his feelings about a woman so freely in front of the cameras except as a show.

I know right.As @Silvermaine said earlier some people truly skipped their communication and comprehension classes.

In his SHR Japan DVD interview:

Q:He was asked, "would the real JG go all out with the woman he loves like Wang So?"

Now y'all know how Wang So was like."This is my person".She is mine.He would say these kinds of things without batting an eye in front of his family and rivals and grab and kiss her whenever.What was JG's answer?

A:"I wish I could learn that from Wang So(the Boldness). He also said but I also agree with his attitude(Wang So's)of looking at, longing for and loving one woman."

So is this the kind of thing a player or someone who is inconsiderate of women's feelings would say?

Ok enough of this.Its time for CRIMINAL MINDS!!!!come forth and make my summer the hottest ones.

• Like 11

:D FINALLY! :lol: Next project is confirmed!! I do wish Namoo would make a statement in his NOTICE or NEWS section.  

But now there is something to look forward to and we get to see JG ACT AGAIN in 2017!!  I wish the cast and crew the best possible success!   As I have said before, crime procedurals are not my thing but I will watch this one.  I hope we will find out by the script reading what Joon Gi's character will encompass.  AND I do hope he will continue his IG posts during the filming...as it has been an enjoyable source of background info into the process and the show/actors/crew. 

And I think JG & JHB are pretty gorgeous together.  

I cannot wait to see what hairstyle/look they have planned for his character.  And I hope no other big drama/show will be aired at the same time to kill any local "ratings."

And now that we see the full cast...any predictions on who might be who....if they are following the American version at all? 

• Like 13

11 hours ago, hiluna said:

@willenetteI don't think he knew who she was until the last episode. He mentioned that a staff member gave him a hint and I remembered that in an earlier episode when he got caught in photos, after his call with her when she found out who he was, he turned to the camera man and asked for some hints on her identity. That was probably when he found out. I hope to see them together in a rom com, great chemistry between them.

Hi hiluna, I think I do agree with you - :lol:

11 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

Omo i just remembered one part in ep 7 of MEC. Joon gi said he wanted to share with MY his fav music so he played Sam Smith's "not the only one". When the chorus came on MY told him that, yup he wasn't alone, she is with him. I don't understand how she missed out that the full line of the lyric actually reads as " AND WHEN YOU CALL ME, BABY, I KNOW I'M NOT THE ONLY ONE". OH MY GOD THE IRONY. IS TVN THE DEVIL OR WHAT :ph34r:

(I make fun of this because it doesn't bother me whether he dates or who he dates or how many people he is dating. I just find this coincidence hilarious and deviously satisfying.  However, if this upsets anyone here i'm sorry, please don't take me seriously :)). 

Hi chickenchopflipflop83, finally............ the truth is out. I tell you - only trust Dispatch – LOL – Now, LJK is acknowledging the relationship. Nothing is controversial in my opinion, but the K-netizens are making it into one. I think it's just the wrong timing. Just keep your private life private, LJK. In the first place he doesn't HAVE to tell the fans about his relationship status. LJK can choose whoever he wanna date. I'm actually incredibly happy for him! I guess they’re at the same age but, she looks matured than him. I totally support it, though. What ultimately matters is he’s happy. I hope all of his fans will eventually support him and his relationship. He's also been rumored with JHB for a long time already but we don't know that for sure. Although there were some pictures years ago that we saw but it doesn't mean they were really dating. Well, it looks like I'll have to watch “Joseon Gunman” again – hahaha – I remember she was the villain there. TVN will not air that special episode from “My Ear's Candy”... & I feel that's not fair! :lol:

• Like 5

Wow news is moving fast and so is this thread :o.  I left the thread for a break last night but saw the news on LJG's Instagram.  Congratulations Joon Gi and Hye Bin I wish you the greatest happiness.:D Not the way you wanted to announce your relationship to the world I'm sure but I'm glad you've confirmed it. As for Dispatch - low lifes :angry:  And great timing for the announcement of Criminal Minds, helping people to move on :) I'm curious as to which character Joon Gi will play now and, for me, hopeful that it isn't as graphic as US Criminal Minds so I can watch it :tongue: 

@kekeke09Yes I know through a friend that this type of editing has happened in shows in my country - leading questions asked so that the participants say something about another show participant and then it is put into the show in a different context making it seem like there is conflict.  I rarely watch 'Reality' shows because I feel they can be so staged and heavily edited - who knows what is real or not.

@40somethingahjumma I feel there's a bit of a what we Aussies call the tall poppy syndrome going on here. Tearing him down at the height of his popularity - and New Zealanders call too haha - yes exactly what I thought too. 

Also please don't be too hard on the poor little girl crying over her cellphone at the news.  I can still remember my first celebrity teenage crush - dreaming about him in class, fantasising, I even wrote him a letter :tongue: then heartbreak - he got married :o I'm sure some of these adverse comments are coming from young impressionable girls - I won't call them delusional.  They just took him at face value and didn't realise it was all for fan service.  Some of you might not appreciate this comment but I did wonder at the time of his Hong Kong and Singapore FM if he had taken it too far with the sexual overtones and thought some of his younger fans might be swept away with their feelings and then be hurt.  Oh well onwards now to Criminal Minds and further success for Lee Joon Gi :D:wub:

• Like 11

Broadcast in July? I thought CM was a fully pre-produced drama. If it's broadcasting in July, then this is no longer the case, I think.

Does anyone has more information about this? They are no longer going for a pre-production? I just hope filming schedule is no like those live-shooting dramas, all stressful and harsh on our actors and staff. 

Concerning the latest news on Oppa's private life, I am soooo happy for him! He deserves to be loved <3 and Im glad he has someone to love and be happy with ^_^. But oh god Im pissed at the stupid media. Our Oppa also deserves a private life and Dispatch of richard simmons has just violated that ugh! 

• Like 9

50 minutes ago, MAROSA_JIN said:

Hi MAROSA_JIN, thanks for sharing this info. I thought all along this will be broadcast on fall yet. I heard that "Criminal Minds" will shoot this spring so,  I wonder when will they start filming, huh? It's already spring in Seoul right now. And this drama is fully pre-produced.  Preshooting route is still a rare practice in the production of TV dramas in Korea. It’s NICE to work on a project that is well prepared and reasonably scheduled. I’m sure shooting a drama series could be this great. The majority of K-dramas are produced in what has been called a “semi-live show” format, with episodes being scripted, shot and edited mere days before their airing -- practices undoubtedly alien to other countries where entire seasons are produced a few months to a year before their broadcast. So far, "live-shot" dramas have prevailed in South Korea until now where shooting and editing continue until even a few minutes before the episode is to be aired. Because the process of shooting and airing simultaneously allows writers to change storylines according to viewer preferences, it ultimately results in better ratings and profits for the show. It has been regarded as one of the strong points of K-dramas that have led the Korean wave throughout Asia for a decade, because script writers and producers can receive real-time feedback from viewers and change the plot to meet their demands and preferences. Actors are given scripts just a day before shooting and have to pull all-nighters to understand and build a character, while producers don't have enough time to edit the scenes properly. There are certain benefits that can come from the energy of real-time production but it always ends up sacrificing quality. And quality is what lasts. K-dramas usually don’t have pre-written, full scripts. They have a basic plot and dialogue worked out but it can all change last minute. In the ratings war producers tend to watch the audience’s reactions. If needed, the script will be modified, or even completely re-written. This places actors into a tough situation, as more often than not they would receive pages from a script a couple of hours or even minutes before shooting, while their hair or make-up is being done. Lesser-known actors and extras have even harsher conditions, because aside from not always getting paid properly (or paid at all) they need to cover their own medical bills in case they get hurt on location. South Korea is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. The rating contributes to the sponsor. That's the entertainment industry for you. :lol:

• Like 10

36 minutes ago, Christabelita said:

Broadcast in July? I thought CM was a fully pre-produced drama. If it's broadcasting in July, then this is no longer the case, I think.

Does anyone has more information about this? They are no longer going for a pre-production? I just hope filming schedule is no like those live-shooting dramas, all stressful and harsh on our actors and staff. 

Concerning the latest news on Oppa's private life, I am soooo happy for him! He deserves to be loved <3 and Im glad he has someone to love and be happy with ^_^. But oh god Im pissed at the stupid media. Our Oppa also deserves a private life and Dispatch of richard simmons has just violated that ugh! 

Hi Christabelitaaccording to their agency, they only started dating a year ago. I stand corrected that I said earlier in my post here that they’re on the same age – but, LJK is older than 1-year. He will turn 35 years old soon while I think she’ll celebrate her 34th birthday this year. I thought all along that he was too busy to date – hahaha - Here's hoping that the couple's relationship can withstand public scrutiny. :lol:

• Like 7

Yeay glad we finally got the confirmation on his casting :) And double happy the show is going on tvn at a late timeslot. I also suspect this is why he participated in a tvn variety show/they offered him to, to prepare the field for his first drama on their network. Too bad it backfired at him though... but tvn could see he made a strong impression anyway.

Now I'm curious to know the character descriptions for the cast of Criminal Minds :) Can't wait ~ 

And it seems it is not fully pre-produced after all. Those details might have changed with the switch of network. Well can't say I'm not happy to see him on screen sooner than expected. Just hope they will shoot enough episodes before the airing date so that they don't need to rush and overwork to much near the end.

• Like 11

1 hour ago, leesopark16 said:

Yeay glad we finally got the confirmation on his casting :) And double happy the show is going on tvn at a late timeslot. I also suspect this is why he participated in a tvn variety show/they offered him to, to prepare the field for his first drama on their network. Too bad it backfired at him though... but tvn could see he made a strong impression anyway.

Now I'm curious to know the character descriptions for the cast of Criminal Minds :) Can't wait ~ 

And it seems it is not fully pre-produced after all. Those details might have changed with the switch of network. Well can't say I'm not happy to see him on screen sooner than expected. Just hope they will shoot enough episodes before the airing date so that they don't need to rush and overwork to much near the end.

In comparison to other TVN productions:

Goblin - Started the shoot 3 or 4 weeks before the actual air date. I think due to the tight schedule, the quality of the drama has been affected. But they were a rating winner.

Chicago Typewriter - shooting started mid or 3rd week of March and air date will be on 7th of April. This is a tough one.

Secret Forest - Started shooting in January - broadcast date on 2nd of June. This one is a fully pre-produced drama.

Criminal Minds - First Script reading-7th April , shooting date: 17th April?.  I hope the air date will be mid or 3rd week of July so they'll have full 3-months of shooting time before broadcast

84529a6e17b7496b2f1bb29ee4989de8.jpg

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 11

21 hours ago, paldia said:

I know I am going to get some hate for this,but please try to understand my reasoning. The problem with this whole situation is not thet they are dating, it's actually a very good thing, congratulation to them! But going on a "dating" show while you have a girlfriend (a serious one!) and be all lovey-dovey with another woman is so very inconsiderate in my eyes (and I don't mean that it's inconsiderate towards his fans, but his girlfriend!)! A lot of commenters say that they feel cheated and they feel he lied to them, well I can actually understand what they mean. I mean he was going on for years with the "I'm single, alone and lonely, and I desperately need affection and love act", and it turned out he had someone for over a year (Just don't talk about your love life to your fans, don't bring that up!)! I still think he is one of the best actors I've seen, and I am going to watch his dramas because of that, but to be honest I am a bit dissapointed in his character!

Agree with you ... me too

• Like 2

8 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

Never Said Goodbye (a.k.a Under the Sicily) - Opens in the Japanese theaters on 22nd April 2017.

http://korepo.com/archives/308894

Hi missmaudy, thanks for sharing this info. The release is nearing................I highly anticipate this movie since this is Lee Joon Ki's first romantic movie & is finally ready to be released & this is his first debut in China. That's why, he said once that doing this movie he was able to learn to know the working environment and the Chinese style of filmmaking.  I remember during the presscon when he was asked how many kisses were in the movie, he answered, "Too many!" - hahaha - I guess I've no choice but to wait until it is available on DVD.  Let's see how he does in a romantic story because "MG" was quite an old project when he did that rom-com drama. What's NICE in this movie is he is speaking Korean here & for sure his voice wasn't dubbed. We could get to hear his own voice. . But, I guess he speaks both languages on the said movie as well. It's just that this movie is a tear-jerker.  :tongue:

• Like 10

4 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Wow news is moving fast and so is this thread :o.  I left the thread for a break last night but saw the news on LJG's Instagram.  Congratulations Joon Gi and Hye Bin I wish you the greatest happiness.:D Not the way you wanted to announce your relationship to the world I'm sure but I'm glad you've confirmed it. As for Dispatch - low lifes :angry:  And great timing for the announcement of Criminal Minds, helping people to move on :) I'm curious as to which character Joon Gi will play now and, for me, hopeful that it isn't as graphic as US Criminal Minds so I can watch it :tongue: 

@kekeke09Yes I know through a friend that this type of editing has happened in shows in my country - leading questions asked so that the participants say something about another show participant and then it is put into the show in a different context making it seem like there is conflict.  I rarely watch 'Reality' shows because I feel they can be so staged and heavily edited - who knows what is real or not.

@40somethingahjumma I feel there's a bit of a what we Aussies call the tall poppy syndrome going on here. Tearing him down at the height of his popularity - and New Zealanders call too haha - yes exactly what I thought too. 

Also please don't be too hard on the poor little girl crying over her cellphone at the news.  I can still remember my first celebrity teenage crush - dreaming about him in class, fantasising, I even wrote him a letter :tongue: then heartbreak - he got married :o I'm sure some of these adverse comments are coming from young impressionable girls - I won't call them delusional.  They just took him at face value and didn't realise it was all for fan service.  Some of you might not appreciate this comment but I did wonder at the time of his Hong Kong and Singapore FM if he had taken it too far with the sexual overtones and thought some of his younger fans might be swept away with their feelings and then be hurt.  Oh well onwards now to Criminal Minds and further success for Lee Joon Gi :D:wub:

Hi luvkstyle, because of this recent news, LJK's previous SNS post is now trending. This was what he posted on her birthday on September 27th last year. On this day last year, he had posted a short video of himself with heart emoticons but a big deal wasn't made out of this. I heard that they usually hang out in her vacation home. :lol:

photo835951.jpg

cr-Hancinema

• Like 5