Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

10 minutes ago, lee_girl said:

I haven't read all the comments yet, and maybe it's already been mentioned but I really really feel for Park Min Young. In my opinion, LJG really behaved irresponsibly. I'm happy he is in a relationship and I like the girl he is with. Ok - he decided to go on MEC, but he should have behaved responsibly as an older oppa and kept it formal speech, instead of being flirtatious  and acting single and making misleading comments to PMY. It is just not what a good man/boyfriend does. He really needs to come out and publicly apologize to PMY for his inconsiderate actions and words. Imagine how we, the viewer/fans felt after finding out about the dating news, now imagine how PMY felt. I still think LJG is an excellent actor, but I'm disappointed in his actions and lost some respect for him. PMY deserves a better partner.

Hi,

I haven't seen the show.  I only saw the trailers and it looked like a dating show to me from the previews.  LOL!  I actually thought!  Finally, they are going to hook him up with someone.  I'm not sure he should apologize as the show was probably heavily edited by producers to turn it into something that it was not.  

However, I do believe HE needs to clear this up fast.  If PMY's feelings were hurt or mislead, he should talk to her personally/privately, admit he was dating and move on.

• Like 2

18 minutes ago, bbljg05 said:

Dear all,

should we start saving all his pics on his instagram? 

I am worry he will dissapear and close his ig soon... :(

EEK.  Really?  OMG no.  His IG and his interactions are a big reason to :wub: & stay interested.  A strategy by Namoo & Him needs to be figured out! 

• Like 4

51 minutes ago, lee_girl said:

I haven't read all the comments yet, and maybe it's already been mentioned but I really really feel for Park Min Young. In my opinion, LJG really behaved irresponsibly. I'm happy he is in a relationship and I like the girl he is with. Ok - he decided to go on MEC, but he should have behaved responsibly as an older oppa and kept it formal speech, instead of being flirtatious  and acting single and making misleading comments to PMY. It is just not what a good man/boyfriend does. He really needs to come out and publicly apologize to PMY for his inconsiderate actions and words. Imagine how we, the viewer/fans felt after finding out about the dating news, now imagine how PMY felt. I still think LJG is an excellent actor, but I'm disappointed in his actions and lost some respect for him. PMY deserves a better partner.

I understand what you mean, that he's flirtatious in the show, and for any girl, hearts will melt. But this is not a dating show and both knew that. It would be different if we see PMY totally head over heel and in love with his words, but I don't see that coming from her. I see her having fun, flirting back, and making the show enjoyable. All I'm saying is, she is not in love or getting hurt by it....she's not heartbroken, so I don't see why he needs to apologize. For all we know, PMY is already dating somebody as well...LOL. That's my opinion anyways....

• Like 19

46 minutes ago, lee_girl said:

Yeah right. Apologizing for doing his job on a scripted tv show. I don't think PMY is naive enough to "fall in love" on a tv show while talking on the phone for 2 days. She is an actress as well and is also full of wits ! That's why they got along really well. I don't think she had any problem to distinguish work from real life. And for all we know, she could have a boyfriend too.

Once again, My Ear Candy is not a dating show like We Got Married is, the production team just put a lot of effort to make it look romantic and the actors played along by flirting a bit and joking. Excuse them for creating a fun and exciting atmosphere. 

I am still hoping to see them starring on a drama together, but with all the fuss today, if they ever get casted together, JG will receive the same type of backlash as today. Too bad they would rock together and they have a lot of onscreen chemistry. 

• Like 19

Ahh I'm glad for JG but I really would have liked to find out about something like this on JG and JHB's own terms, or not at all if that was their preference. He seems like such a private guy by all accounts, and Namoo's initial reaction makes it sound like they might not have told their managers/agency beforehand. 

It's a little sad that JG's MEC appearance got twisted (and cut a little short) because of this too. I enjoyed it a lot - the setting/cinematography was gorgeous and it was like watching a fluffy romance drama where nothing really happened lol - but beyond that, I think that he went on MEC not just to change his image, but also because he knows that many fans want him to do more variety shows and/or projects that are more light-hearted. 

I thought the timing of this news was pretty suspect considering his MEC appearance is still airing and it's been so favourably received, there would be zero controversy about them dating otherwise (well, outside of fandom and shippers that is) - but after reading the comments on this thread, I find it even more suspect that JG just renewed his contract with Namoo, and as many pointed out, the pics seem to be old. It wouldn't be the first time that a tabloid like Dispatch would have been involved in bts powerplays after all.  

All speculation aside, the release of the photos/news couldn't have been more perfectly timed to maximize netizen backlash, so if it wasn't calculated (and Dispatch just happened to get their paws on these pics now), that is just some horrible luck for him. I have no doubt JG can weather the media/netizen attention - even if some shippers seem to be engaging in character assassination atm - but I hope netizens go easy on him and JHB and he doesn't stay away from SNS just because of this. 

As a sidenote, re: JG talking about being lonely / someone who craves affection - I think being in a relationship isn't a magical cure-all, you can still be someone who gets lonely easily even if you're dating :sweatingbullets:.

• Like 16

6 hours ago, lee_girl said:

Huh!does PMY look like an immature woman who would fall in love with someone she talked to on the phone in like 98% of the time even if she later discovered that it was LJG?Exactly what do people take PMY for?a teenager?She is 31 for God's sake.She is a strong woman who has overcome many storms that's why they chose her.I can bet the producers knew that she is strong enough to handle it should their romantic concept not go well received.The show clearly said at the beginning when JG got the phone,that they should not use formal speech because the candy is anonymous.Should they have broken the rules of the show?

Also people are acting like the flirting was only on JG's side when it was on both sides.If my memory is correct.JG started by saying oh I have the impression that bunny bunny is cute and bubbly.Bunny bunny said she is sexy.When they were teasing each other their beer drinking skills, bunny bunny said I'm in pyjama and stuff like that and he was like rebuking himself jokingly saying don't imagine.When JG was at the restaurant and bunny bunny whispered in the phone.When he said why am I getting goosebumps from the whispering, he said that after the line was cut.

These were two people who had good phone chemistry and simply enjoying innocent banter.PMY has nothing to regret for..she is a lovely woman and people have seen that side of her and JG has nothing to apologise for to her and not to viewers either because the show was about a friends reunion concept via a romantic concept in a romantic setting and that's what it did nothing more nothing less.

• Like 21

12 minutes ago, liongurl said:

Ahh I'm glad for JG but I really would have liked to find out about something like this on JG and JHB's own terms, or not at all if that was their preference. He seems like such a private guy by all accounts, and Namoo's initial reaction makes it sound like they might not have told their managers/agency beforehand. 

It's a little sad that JG's MEC appearance got twisted (and cut a little short) because of this too. I enjoyed it a lot - the setting/cinematography was gorgeous and it was like watching a fluffy romance drama where nothing really happened lol - but beyond that, I think that he went on MEC not just to change his image, but also because he knows that many fans want him to do more variety shows and/or projects that are more light-hearted. 

I thought the timing of this news was pretty suspect considering his MEC appearance is still airing and it's been so favourably received, there would be zero controversy about them dating otherwise (well, outside of fandom and shippers that is) - but after reading the comments on this thread, I find it even more suspect that JG just renewed his contract with Namoo, and as many pointed out, the pics seem to be old. It wouldn't be the first time that a tabloid like Dispatch would have been involved in bts powerplays after all.  

All speculation aside, the release of the photos/news couldn't have been more perfectly timed to maximize netizen backlash, so if it wasn't calculated (and Dispatch just happened to get their paws on these pics now), that is just some horrible luck for him. I have no doubt JG can weather the media/netizen attention - even if some shippers seem to be engaging in character assassination atm - but I hope netizens go easy on him and JHB and he doesn't stay away from SNS just because of this. 

As a sidenote, re: JG talking about being lonely / someone who craves affection - I think being in a relationship isn't a magical cure-all, you can still be someone who gets lonely easily even if you're dating :sweatingbullets:.

That's the standard reaction you will find in a lot of initial statements for every agencies. Of course they know but they contacted them to know what the persons involved wanted to tell the media, hide it or reveal it. But in a case like that, it's better to not say anything at all and just release one statement after, but all the agencies gave that awkward answer first.

The timing is so wrong that I'm starting to believe - like a lots of people here - that it was planned in the sole intention of harming his image. It can't be a coincidence. 

And I agree totally with the last thing you wrote. Everything is not so simple.

• Like 16

Okay, so I slept and this is what I read hours after?

I'm honestly appalled why some people think like this?? :huh: Some people make it sound like Joon Gi intentionally led some actresses (I dare not mention names anymore) and then he hurt their feelings and "used" them. LOL. 

Like, for one, he starred in a reality TV show. Do some of you accusing him of doing such irresponsible things know what that is? Oh yeah, it's scripted and fake. They filmed for like one week, and parted ways. 

I can't believe some people think he led the actress on LOL. I'm not even going to be nice about it. How STUPID can you get? I can understand the annoyance of him participating in such shows when in fact he was in a relationship. But to be annoyed for the actress as if she was expecting a relationship from him is just dumb as rocks.

sorry not sorry.

• Like 23

Or is it because she smiled when he said nice things to her?laughed at his silliness?cried when he told her he recognises her voice, he missed her and wanted to see her.or is it because towards the end when she was shy when they met face to face and she was fangirling?

Who wouldn't react that way when your sunbae is JG, and he remembers and recognises bunny bunny among the hundreds of female colleagues(models, actresses,stylists, dancers etc)that he has worked with when they have not really connected over 10 years.That means she holds a special place in his heart.Not as a potential love interest but as someone special.I don't know but I think that's why she behaved that way and I think that's why his face was full of emotion towards the end.

People who are saying apologise apologise is it really for PMY's sake? or to compensate for broken shipper's hearts?(if it's the second question, how bloody stupid and delusional).No actor or television personality asks to be shipped with their TV colleagues in real life.

Have they thought if that is what PMY would want, her sunbae and oppa who comforted, listen to her to be cursed at and called all sorts of degrading adjectives just because he didn't satisfy their fantasies.How about IU? would she want her sunbae and oppa who stood by her, cheered her on and never said a bad word about her, all throughout the promotion and filming of moonlovers up until the end of the broadcast, when everyone was cursing her to the high heavens to be treated this way? Nappeun yeojas.I hope this stops soon.

• Like 18

sh_ep11_5b_zpsctue3vzh.jpg

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~This is how I am feeling right now.~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~  

Achingly, sitting on the outside, watching an amazing actor get tortured online but wanting to show support. 

I want some good news! I want Namoo to implement what they said they are doing.  

First, we created new domestic and overseas management team and expanded the scale. In addition, a dedicated content marketing team of actor Lee Jun Ki was added. In addition, we plan to collaborate with various creators so that the different charm of Lee Jun Ki actor can be emanated. 

Therefore, we will give full support to Lee Jun Ki actors to shine anytime and anywhere.

Spread that Shine!  Come on PR teams! 

I wanna feel like this! Everything is A- OK!!

1486716539_zps0rlgurun.jpg

• Like 17

2 hours ago, minmar said:

Ok, I admit it. I do not understand what is going on. This is a scandal??  Is My Ear's Candy...a dating show? Is that what the upset or uproar is about? .  I haven't yet had time to watch the show so I have no clue.  I suppose I saw it just as a mini drama somewhat like the Lotte thingy or like Running Man. I had no idea people saw it as an "introduce lonely people and hook them up" kinda thing.  Is that how the public wanted to see it or how it was advertised?

It was never advertised as a dating show or "introduce lonely people and hook them up." It was always about matching up people who could have interesting conversations without knowing the identity of their phone partner. The LJG/PMY segment was either acted or edited to be more romantic than most segments, but that was good for both of them because it showed how they could have great chemistry in a romantic comedy. Or at least it should have been good for them if not for this "scandal."

Joon Gi gave us exactly what so many fans have been asking for--a reality show that showcased his romance chops. Now he is being crucified for it. It just seems so damn unfair to me. How can people complain that an actor should not have given an excellent performance because it wasn't "real?"

Maybe it is because there were so many aspects of the show that were real. Joon Gi's home and pets, Joon and Gabi, are real. He did work with PMY ten years ago. They haven't seen each other much in the intervening years, and they have both matured a lot. It is true as PMY said that he seems a lot happier now than he did then. They do have a lot in common, so it is quite possible that this show resulted in a friendship they didn't have before. Maybe that is why some fans are upset that the romance they imagined happening isn't real.

• Like 16

I know I have been gone for a few months due to work, school and personal health.  However, I don't remember Lee Joongi's thread ever being like this.

WHERE DID ALL THESE NASTY CRUEL PEOPLE COME FROM?????

Starting fights in the thread, saying nasty comments, disrespecting each other's opinions, using profanity, etc. are not his typical fans.   Are these really Lee Joongi fans? I've been in this thread for years and I have never know his fans to be nasty.  Are these new fans from after he did his last drama?

Where are the moderators?

• Like 2

2 hours ago, lee_girl said:

As a matter of fact, he was instructed in the first episode to use informal speech, and it was PMY who surprised him by switching to informal speech first. Who knows if that was scripted or edited or real. And that is the whole point. We don't know how much of the interaction between the two was scripted or edited or real. What we do know is that two wonderful actors entertained us with a show that people enjoyed so much the producers were going to air another unplanned episode. Now we will never see that episode because the sleazy Dispatch chose the worst possible moment to break the news about Joon Gi's private life.

• Like 15

To all who are saying negative stuff about  the MEC, please do not only watch dramas.  Watch Korean variety shows too so you will understand what they actually are.

Korean variety shows are like dramas or sitcoms but in a different format. All scenarios were scripted but dialogues were all spontaneous. IMO, All info they shared about their personal struggles were all real and the fun they had together were  also real. But it was edited to feel very romantic because that was the concept. They pattern it in the Movie Calmi Couri Appassionati. They were very clear about it since the beginning. I love it very much actually and thought it was edited beautifully better than many rom-com dramas.

So, I pray for people to have more wisdom to understand what's real and what's not. 

• Like 15

Sorry I'm writing so much today.moderators. I'm so sorry.I promised I will stop way earlier during the day, but I guess I never knew how much I care about JG when he is a stranger and a thousand miles away.It just pains me to see such a good person be torn apart by things he shouldn't even be guilty for.:mellow:It hurts that his true fans are not in close proximity to tell him via a phone call or hear from him to see how he is doing and tell him it will be ok.

I just imagined a scenario: So let's say as these IQ and EQ deprived people are saying he makes a private apology to PMY.Imagine this conversation, phone or face to face:

JG: Hello, "Min Young Ah, am sorry if the dating news that has been released, has affected you and hurt you if you developed a romantic feeling for me because of the things I said and the way I acted in the show."

If I was Min Young Ah, If I was super close to the guy I would be like dude grab a humble pie and I would laugh it off.But if I was just beginning to develop a friendship or renew a friendship with the guy, I would be richard simmons pissed like, how can you make such presumptions when I didn't come out and said I like you in that way.Does that mean every fan that laughs at your jokes, smiles when you smile, flirts back when you flirt, shows any kind of admiration mean to you that they want to pursue a love relationship.How arrogant.Thats the kind of things you say in a cringe rom com or makjang drama.Dont think too highly of yourself it's un attractive.

Ok let's imagine the inverse scenario, he makes a public apology to the viewers:

JG:"Sorry for misleading you into thinking I have fallen for Min Young Ah when I already had a girlfriend."

General Public(excluding shipper's and antis): Ummm the show's concept was friend reunion.You said people misjudge you, minyoung said she was awfully misunderstood too.PD nim said they connected you two because you are similar.Why on earth would anyone come to the conclusion that you or her were looking for a date through the show?All we got out of the show is you two are lovely people and would have cracking chemistry in a rom-com.

JG Fans: But dispatch was the one who released the news not JG or his girlfriend!Do you think they consulted JG and JHB and ask them if they want to go public?JG would have said nothing until wedding day if Dispatch just shut the richard simmons up.

You see how absurd this whole mess is.*:crazy: sigh*

• Like 10

@violina Lol

Joon Gi: Min Young, I'm so sorry that I led you on and made it seem like we could both be in a romantic relationship.

Min Young: I'm so angry at you for making me believe that we had something after only a few days of talking! I was really starting to fall in love with you after less than one week of reconnecting, you know??

DON'T SKIP YOUR COMMUNICATION AND COMPREHENSION CLASSES, PEOPLE. YOU'RE GONNA NEED COMMON SENSE IN REAL LIFE.

• Like 12