Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I was away for a few days but wanted to SQUEE like a 12 year old for @oyashirazu and her pics and successful trip to Korea!  Thank you for letting us know how it went and I am glad you were able to see the JG Lotte Tunnel!  I bet that is quite an experience.  And here's hoping our 101 Reasons gets read by somebody! 

I see there have been a few new LJG posters in the thread as well and a few existing posters that have seemed to have disappeared.  I know there is always transition in online communities but hope that the LJG Thread can welcome and accommodate.  I know I can be like a 12 Year Old Fan Girl at times (and this thread is a safe place for that), but it can be enlightening (and, yes, maybe even frustrating) to hear a different perspective from others. But overall, I think it is good to digest a few differing opinions and observations based on other's knowledgebase. That is what I find fascinating and why I wrote Reason 100.  We all come from different backgrounds/perspectives/views/cultures but we all have a common desire for LJG and for his career to be as successful as it CAN be.  

So if you want to be proactive:  

:heart: VOTE FOR JG::heart:

BEST ACTOR @ dramafever  https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-actor

Please vote as often as you can...just keep clicking on link

BEST BAD BOY @dramafever  https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-bad-boy

Most Handsome Man in the World:  http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2017-poll/?fv-page=2

Once Daily

Most Handsome Korean Actor: http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-korean-actors-2017-poll/

Once Daily

Good to see you back and thanks for the links that help busy people vote for our hero.

• Like 7

Words...especially on the internet...come with so many perceptable meanings.  Intent...of the words..  of the statement can and will be misconstrued.  That is why emoticons/emoji's exist...to try to help with conveying the thoughts and emotions behind our words and to make up for the social cues one misses because they are not looking at or listening to the speaker. But emojis don't always work and they can become part of the problem.  Because we humans bring along our own inner interpretations, and boy, that is evident by what has been said in this thread and how it has been interpreted DIFFERENTLY by different people.  

I have to admit, I never got the anti vibe from @kimchigal2.  I got the LJG fan who is troubled about his status in the Korean Entertainment market. I can admit to feeling that way myself.  I, personally, don't think that makes me an Anti fan to have concerns/questions about his "place" in the heirarchy.  You may think differently. 

I understand the frustrations of @ross2381 about the LJG wikipage but there are avenues to correct said issues.  I did not take @joybran comment of "crazy" fans to be an insult at all.  I think too much was read into the words, emotions were high and it blossomed from there.  

What I am bothered with....so let's say the 101 Reasons were delivered...and read....and maybe some person/agency is taking a look at this thread now.  Well....the past couple of pages......not how I wanted this thread to be represented.

• Like 12

15 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

He needs a ratings hit as he is relingated to a B class actor here in Korea. Which means top scripts, top writers, top co-stars are not an option given to him. Scarlet Heart despite being the ratings boo boo got him more attention than his past productions. Also he is seen as an older hallyu star much like kwon sang woo, song seung heon and the sad reality is this bracket of stars are not seen as hot trending stars here in Korea now and domestic investors, broadcasters prefer to have younger trending actors in their premium productions. I really hope he takes on TVN remake of criminal minds. With Moon Chae Won as a costar, like Gong Yoo i feel he will have a resurgence of his career. He really deserves better productions with that talent amd charisma. Fingers crossed 2017 could be even a bigger year for him.

P.s- TVN gave him his best Alist costar recently- aka PMY. He should do TVN more. They are congregating the best of Korea's talent in their productions now. 

9 hours ago, kimchigal2 said:

Whether or not you want to accept it as a truthful opinion, it truly lies with your own belief and perception. In the action saguek arena, hes definitely an Alist action star as theres hardly any equivalent who can do such productions but if you look at the co-stars hes been getting show after show, they are B listers. (Lee Yoobi/Park Ha Sun is closer to C list if you ask korean man in the street. 인기없어요. IU is worse, they will not acknowledge her to be an actress even.) Shin minah bombs EVERYTHING she is in.

Other than the lotte ad which is targetted for use across Asia, domestically he does not have any other offers. Im not an anti, in fact I want him to do better. He IS a hallyu star but fact is the older generation actors in the same category he is stuck with all dont have that many offers out to them at the moment. Gong yoo was in the same rut for the longest time. After army the production of Big and the slew of movies he did met with little success. But in 2016 Train to Busan and Goblin back to back put him in the hottest trend again. So ratings and box office still matter domestically.

Without chinese investment money, domestic investors and tv stations need the power churners to sell out their ad spots to recoup investments. If i were them, looking at LJK drama record, I wouldnt consider him for my premium productions either. Esp when I have the choice of younger actors like Lee Minho, Kim Soo Hyun, Jo Jung Seok, Lee Jong Seok, Song Joongki and Park Bo Gum to choose from. Power rookies like Park Hyung Sik, Ji Soo, Park Seo Joon. Its the balance sheet that matters most end of the day to these companies. 

TVN however operates on a different business model. Less ad revenue driven, more subscription based. For them they can take a chance and pair whoever they want. Thats why rather than going to do mainstream broadcast stations that keep relingating him to their action sageuks, he should try to become TVN's new muse (e.g Eric). He likely will get more exposure and better treatment. Cos they dun operate in a box like the big 3. More willing to diversify out of hierachy structure and try for new things.

In Yoo Ah In's words "i am a big fan of TVN" cos he knows that there are no boundaries to what works there.

Everyone is entitled to their opinion. Being realistic about his success in korea and a genuine representation of things and industry right now is how Namoo can help shape his career in the next 10 years. I hope they can cash in on the intl hype of moon lovers and pick.his next project wisely. 

If you agree with everything she said above. Then I don't have anything else to say.

• Like 1

2 hours ago, ross2381 said:

@joybran

GTFO now you are calling his fans crazy? I've NEVER seen you here and you liked ALL the comments the other anti made (By the way, ALL her comments were liked by NEW people I've NEVER seen here)... Now all of a sudden you post this sarcastic remark" well, GTFO, That's all I'm going to say! Go back to LMH, PBG and whatever actor wannabe forum, this is for LJG, as in THE REAL ACTOR  LEE JOON GI! 

And YES, I was trying to be rude. YOU started. And NO, I'm NOT going to continue this stupid war, Just GTFO!

(I can see through you and your sarcastic remarks... You guys think you're so smart)

If you have never seen me here, you must not have been reading this forum for very long. Anyone who knows me knows that I count myself as one of his crazy fans. I'm too busy to post very often, but this is the one thread on Soompi that I read continually. I was appalled to see a newcomer treated so rudely and attacked for taking the time to contribute useful information.

Up until quite recently, this was a very polite and friendly forum. I've never seen a troll post here. I hope it can return to that spirit of admiring and emulating a great actor and a lovely person who never says a bad word about anybody.

• Like 11

3 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I don't want to refute your opinion but I would like to say my piece. She was talking about popularity index and CPI index and stuff which are very INconsistent. And Calling Lee Joon Gi as B-lister. Ok she is not anti. But anyway, maybe you can understand her POV because she is like you who's been in the entertainment industry for 20 years.

FYI, these indices changes all the time. When Moon Lovers were on, Lee Joon Gi were part of the popularity list even now and he is always been in the news even now. He has been present in polls not just in Korea but internationally, even now.

During the broadcast, Moon Lovers tops the CPI Index even surpassing Moonlight and other dramas of those some actors she has listed as A-listers.

Just because Lee Joon Gi does not endorse too many commercials, she called him as B-lister. We don't know the reasons why he does not endorsed too many commercials. But I read this story. I think everyone knows that LJG had problems with his previous management. One of the conflicts was relating to commercial endorsements particularly something related to cosmetics and that he refused to be in it. So, there might be a reason why he does not want to be engaged in any of those activities. We don't know so we can't just make our own assumptions. But calling him B-lister because he does not endorsed not many products was too disrespectful and mean... and ohh she is not ANTI???  (sorry, I was not supposed to disagree. I was not able to hold myself)

LJG mentioned in his FM that he has been receiving many offers but they all under review. That's what more important. It does not mean that he is not receiving romance comedy offers, does not make him a lesser in demand actor in the industry. How many IT actors who are not receiving complex and challenging roles? Yet she is considering them as A-lister? Because they are receiving rom-com dramas? So they are  A-listers & LJG is a B-lister because there was no rom-com offer for him? ... Which is the POV you are agreeing on.

Please read all other post to be fair but I would not care if you won't.. because maybe you don't need to.

And thanks for pointing out how Joon Gi appreciates his crazy fans. Crazy as we are but at least we are not like those fans of other actors who go hopping from one thread to another spreading their gullibility.

I think the problem may be that you misread @kimchigal2's post where she said that Lee Joon Gi had been relegated to B-list status in Korea. She did not imply that he IS a B-list actor but that a money-obsessed industry perceives him that way. The power players look at only the domestic ratings and the commercial endorsements and undervalue him, which creates extra challenges for him in reaching his career goals. As his fans, we do all we can to support him and show those power players that he is loved by many, but there is only so much we can do. Personally, I think that realizing what he is up against should make us better fans, more appreciative of his struggles and more determined to do what we can to help him. Arguing among ourselves does nothing for either him or us.

• Like 7

I'd like to change the vibe in here.  So now, I am challenging the regular SOOMPI posters to FIND their FAVE JG image....that makes them feel a certain way...let's say HAPPY! 

So post 1 image...( I know, only 1 image...that is HARD) of JG that really embodies :D Happiness to you!

1486029506_zpshicwfzq2.jpeg

I've posted this before but it's one of my faves.  (And looking though my faves, I tend to notice that I pick the more moody pics of JG in general, even though he has a great smile)

• Like 12

Here is one of my favorites. Always puts a smile on my face. I think this picture of him with Joon and Gabi was taken some time ago, but it is even more precious since he showed them off in episode 4 of Candy in My Ear.

• Like 13

Don't know why... but these last scenes from MEC always made me smile and cry a little. It's so romantic, you don't need kisses or hughs or skinship at all, just two people connecting and being happy just because their together. I love it :heart: that feeling is what atracted me first to k-dramas

72202380.3.jpg1cc6bbea51c1c9280876e4950691765d.jpg

• Like 12

On 1/4/2017 at 8:31 PM, oyashirazu said:

Reveal hidden contents

Spoiler

And totally random but I felt the need to visit this place, too :D Joon Gi everywhere!

17622221_1679018918791297_329277303_o.jpg?oh=840e5467dce538c2b5c82c29d906f224&oe=58E26FF1

photo IMG_20170331_161819_zps1mkfnei0.jpg

One question? this is in the Myeondong Store? I want to go (actually dying to go)

btw i still can't erase spoilers or quotes

• Like 3

For the record, I would like to state how appreciative I am of @kimchigal2's additions to the dialogue in this thread. I, for one, don't doubt what she has written, as I have long wondered at the perception of LJG within his industry and within South Korea. 

For perspective, my sister and I are both LJG fans, but our tastes vary a bit. She prefers films; I prefer dramas. Sometimes we cross over, but mostly we each stick to the formula that works for us. Still, she asks me, constantly, "When will LJG do another film? I love him as an actor, but don't have the patience to watch dramas." Then, she muses a little further: "Maybe its his other-wordly, manga looks that makes Chungmuro not give him film offers. Maybe he just doesn't look enough like a regular man-on-the-street." But, guess as we might, we've never had a clear confirmation of his status, when stacked up against other stars. We've known that certain kinds of offers don't come his way - LJG has said so, himself, over the years - but we've never known why.

True A-listers I consider to be the likes of Song Kang-ho, Choi Min-sik, Hwang Jung-min, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Son Ye-jin, and Kim Hye-soo. Without a doubt, they receive la creme de la creme of scripts and production teams. Given the highly competitive environment in South Korea - across all industries - I can only express chagrin that two of my absolute favorite actors (aside from Lee Joon-gi, of course :)), Park Hee-soon and Jo Jin-woong, are probably considered B-list (or C-list?) as leads, but A-list as supporting actors.

So many lines of work are cut-throat, and film and drama productions are surely no different. Personally, I would rather know what my bias is tackling, so I can effectively support and cheer for him, than deny which roadblocks are preventing the full expression of his considerable talents.

• Like 4

This goes for the previous discussion about A-list actors and B-listers, etc. XD

I think we have a semantic problem here.

If anyone could explain what an A-list actor is (so that we are all sure we understand each other's definition of A-list actor), as well as what an A-list actor means for the Korean entertainment industry. In other words, what does the K-entertainment think an A-list actor is, and how do they treat A-listers differently from other actors in the field? That would be of great help. Maybe then everyone would be on the same page ^_^

Just my two cents ^^U

****EDIT*** Og richard simmons! I didnt notice that I didnt refresh my browser that conversation happened 3 pages ago ugh!

Feel free to delete moderators! 

• Like 6

Dear all,

11 more days to go for those who are going to “Thank you!” encore! :heart:

A gentle reminder, for those who are going please note on the following,

This info are gathered base on 4 Dec 2016. 2nd day of FM in Seoul last year. (3 Dec FM goers are lucky, they manage to get away with a lot of good pic n vid, envious) 

Strictly no photography from what I understand.

In the event, one uses any form of camera eg. Mobile phone, digital or pro cam, they may/will be asked to leave the venue.

One can take pictures before FM but once event starts, they may actually want you turn off your devices.  JG did a vid recording about it, not sure if they will use the same recording.

30 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

One question? this is in the Myeondong Store? I want to go (actually dying to go)

You can find it @ Lotte DF Myeongdong star avenue, enjoy the JG's present everywhere. 

• Like 7

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I was away for a few days but wanted to SQUEE like a 12 year old for @oyashirazu and her pics and successful trip to Korea!  Thank you for letting us know how it went and I am glad you were able to see the JG Lotte Tunnel!  I bet that is quite an experience.  And here's hoping our 101 Reasons gets read by somebody! 

I see there have been a few new LJG posters in the thread as well and a few existing posters that have seemed to have disappeared.  I know there is always transition in online communities but hope that the LJG Thread can welcome and accommodate.  I know I can be like a 12 Year Old Fan Girl at times (and this thread is a safe place for that), but it can be enlightening (and, yes, maybe even frustrating) to hear a different perspective from others. But overall, I think it is good to digest a few differing opinions and observations based on other's knowledgebase. That is what I find fascinating and why I wrote Reason 100.  We all come from different backgrounds/perspectives/views/cultures but we all have a common desire for LJG and for his career to be as successful as it CAN be.  

So if you want to be proactive:  

:heart: VOTE FOR JG::heart:

BEST ACTOR @ dramafever  https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-actor

BEST BAD BOY @dramafever  https://www.dramafever.com/dfa5/#best-bad-boy

Most Handsome Man in the World:  http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-men-in-the-world-2017-poll/?fv-page=2

Once Daily

Most Handsome Korean Actor: http://voteformost.net/most-handsome-korean-actors-2017-poll/

Once Daily

AND TWEET

#SuspetyaNiWangSo is the official hashtag to try to trend today.  

That's the spirit!!

Gosh I missed you all here! I have been busy, but Im always lurking around here!

Love you all, and let's love each other for the love and grace of Joon Gi! May this treat always be welcoming (specially to newcomers! remember, the more the merrier ^_^) and polite and exude the same cheerful and positive vibe that Oppa has! <3

• Like 10

44 minutes ago, sublimelyheureuse said:

For the record, I would like to state how appreciative I am of @kimchigal2's additions to the dialogue in this thread. I, for one, don't doubt what she has written, as I have long wondered at the perception of LJG within his industry and within South Korea. 

For perspective, my sister and I are both LJG fans, but our tastes vary a bit. She prefers films; I prefer dramas. Sometimes we cross over, but mostly we each stick to the formula that works for us. Still, she asks me, constantly, "When will LJG do another film? I love him as an actor, but don't have the patience to watch dramas." Then, she muses a little further: "Maybe its his other-wordly, manga looks that makes Chungmuro not give him film offers. Maybe he just doesn't look enough like a regular man-on-the-street." But, guess as we might, we've never had a clear confirmation of his status, when stacked up against other stars. We've known that certain kinds of offers don't come his way - LJG has said so, himself, over the years - but we've never known why.

True A-listers I consider to be the likes of Song Kang-ho, Choi Min-sik, Hwang Jung-min, Lee Byung-hun, Jeon Do-yeon, Son Ye-jin, and Kim Hye-soo. 

Yes - the actors mentioned above are Chungmuro blue chips but what is really interesting is that a film A-list does not necessarily translate to a drama A lister. Hwang Jung Min, Son Yejin has a so so track record in dramas only and sadly the older greats while can hold film interest for 2 hours, dramas with them as leads will probably be passed over by broadcasters as popular, trending determines the production budgets at the moment. So far only Gong Yoo and Kim Hye Soo has had all kills on both fronts making them super A listers . ( 10 million admissions +  record breaking rating dramas)

Yoo Ah In is solid in movies but his drama record is also so-so. Its amazing to hear him talk about the struggling ratings of SFD against DOTS and its his realistic analysis after his cleanup at chungmuro in 2015 also. 

Which goes back to the influence of kdrama. Its still the most pivotal in the spread of hallyu. Hence if an actor has a current hit drama in his belt, he will naturally be offered the creme de la creme pickings for his next production and likely a slew of movie offers will also follow. Thats why domestic success is still critical.

• Like 7