Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

55 minutes ago, willenette said:

LadyOne,

Reveal hidden contents

oh, so NICE to know that you like BYJ.......I adore him, he's one of my BIG MEN - hahaha. :blush:

Reveal hidden contents

We are on the same page for this two man! below a special for you. :heart:

Spoiler

LJGBYJ_zpstu7aioar.jpg~original

• Like 4

2 hours ago, Silvermaine said:

Looks like a good casting. I hope the script would be good. Based on his past projects, I am sure LJG will accept a role different from the characters he had previously done.

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 12

It is very possible that he will choose to “kill the bear”. Each of us has preferences regarding the dramas but let's be objective. We don't know what offers he got and I can almost bet that most of them are historical dramas. We don't know yet if he will accept this role. No matter what project he will choose I can't wait to see him acting again. And I think he knows better than any of us what to risk and what not to risk when he choose a project. All we can do is to support him in his decision.

• Like 22

3 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

I don't mind if he takes this offer. Action/ thriller / crime drama seems good for him. This is a type of drama that i am looking forward to watching him.

Take a look at the big companies behind this production. 

- next entertainment world : DOTS production company

- taewon entertainment : IRIS, IRIS2, Athena:Goddes of War production company (very big budget drama)

- ABC Studio : Criminal Mind's copyright holder

- Disney Media Distribution

N.E.W and Taewon Entertainment will conduct distribution in Korea, Japan and China; Disney Media Distribution will do to the rest of the world.

source: article http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news dated july 8, 2016 (this article about 4 companies confirm to make K version of Criminal Minds) no mention about KBS yet.

Sounds like another big production drama which is targeted to international audience right? 

Omo, it will be a "blockbuster" production :dizzy: i got a feeling JG will take this offer

• Like 12

I translated comments on his casting article here.

I think he will and I kind of hope he takes up the drama, just for the fact that it's a modern series. Also, I'm very fond of I Remember You which was also based on criminal profiling (though it didn't have great ratings). The production crew seems legit as well. I don't feel it's fair to say that all remakes will suck, or he has no luck with adaptations and whatever. He's only acted in a single adaptation and that's Scarlet Heart, and he can't help the writing or the directing. Unless the director and scriptwriter are the same people from Scarlet Heart (which is impossible really), there is absolutely no correlation. However, I'm uncertain about the original material because I haven't watched the series. If the original script is good, I think the drama has potential to be good as well. The thing I'm not big on, is Kim Ah-joong as his costar. She was really lackluster in Wanted. But hey, at least she's appropriate age-wise.

• Like 14

9 minutes ago, anopinion said:

I think he will and I kind of hope he takes up the drama, just for the fact that it's a modern series. Also, I'm very fond of I Remember You which was also based on criminal profiling (though it didn't have great ratings). The production crew seems legit as well. I don't feel it's fair to say that all remakes will suck, or he has no luck with adaptations and whatever. He's only acted in a single adaptation and that's Scarlet Heart, and he can't help the writing or the directing. Unless the director and scriptwriter are the same people from Scarlet Heart (which is impossible really), there is absolutely no correlation. However, I'm uncertain about the original material because I haven't watched the series. If the original script is good, I think the drama has potential to be good as well. The thing I'm not big on, is Kim Ah-joong as his costar. She was really lackluster in Wanted. But hey, at least she's appropriate age-wise.

about Kim Ah Jong, she's a little bit lack in wanted but she do well on Sign and Punch drama, what make me curious was, KAJ usually do a romance comedy in her movie, but in k drama she usually starred in-crime-thriller  genre. But if we already have a good production team, a good script and good actor/ actress, so the rest just pray they will have a LUCK FACTOR with the drama :glasses:

• Like 11

What I find interesting is that 2 articles list that the production companies will conduct surveys to see which storylines/preferred episodes people would like to see incorporated into the drama from (I'm guessing the 12 seasons of) Criminal Minds.

From http://www.koreanfilm.or.kr/jsp/news/news.jsp?blbdComCd=601006&seq=3928&mode=VIEW

And  http://m.sporbiz.co.kr/news/articleView.html?idxno=67838

• It will be filmed in the first half of this year and will be broadcasted on KBS through semi-pre-production. The Korean version of 'Criminal Mind' will be produced after the episode questionnaire and the symposium contest that fans want to see the most.

Who is the other actor posted in that pic?  

• Like 10

3 minutes ago, anopinion said:

It was in the previous page as well. Son Hyun-joo from Chaser and Empire of Gold (a masterpiece imo).

Thank you!  He was in Signal?  Could this also be a LGJ attraction to taking the part (since he supposedly loved Signal)?  I have not seen Son Hyun-Joo acting.  What do people think on here? 

And I am jealous for all of you who CAN attend a FM.  It's SO lonely on the other side of the Earth.  :tears: :)

• Like 10

1 minute ago, pixelsticks said:

Thank you!  He was in Signal?  Could this also be a LGJ attraction to taking the part (since he supposedly loved Signal)?  I have not seen Son Hyun-Joo acting.  What do people think on here? 

And I am jealous for all of you who CAN attend a FM.  It's SO lonely on the other side of the Earth.  :tears: :)

I don't think he was in Signal.

• Like 4

11 hours ago, lyserose said:

Please God....NO! NO! NO!

If there is a lesson that any actor in Korea should learn is NEVER EVER DO A REMAKE. MLSHR, The Time We Were Not In Love, Fated to Love You and last year's Entourage all failed miserably and not resonated with Korean audiences. 

Please Joon Gi, don't accept this offer. 

I am with you on this. I like Criminal Minds but remakes of US shows always fails in Korea. I want him in an original, it can be similar to CM but not a remake please. But having said this, if there is an actor that can pull it off it would be our Joon Gi.  Fated to Love You turned out pretty good with Jang Hyuk in the latter part of the show and I ended up liking it better than the original, same with MLSHR. If you have a strong actor/actress who would take ownership of a role in a remake/adaptation it could be successful. The problem is that when people hear that it is a remake they don't want to tune in especially if the original was a hit and that is where you lose on the ratings game.

If JG accepts this then I am sure there is a role in there that he finds challenging.  At this point I don't mind what he takes on as long as he is happy with it.  I just want to see him on screen soon :wub:

• Like 13

26 minutes ago, booho said:

isn't it Son Hyun-joo ? daesang winner 2012 from the chaser 

So he is of high quality then?!

30 minutes ago, booho said:
Say Hi, to our commander lee :wub:

Ahhh.....with a slight evil smile next to Jorah Mormont!  LOL. aka Iain Glen

• Like 12

5 hours ago, junejungki said:

Of course we can go together. Hand in hand if you want :lol:

You are welcome to join us dear.. Lets meet half way. kekekeke!!

I know and none of my post above condemning anyone's choice in the thread. I am just stated my preference, that's all. 

hands in hands~~~ keke.. which part of msia  are u ?

4 hours ago, LadyOne said:

@aimwanie @junejungki @Silvermaine @Mona Ys  Great let’s all go together! And sing “Together” together, ok?…the more the merrier! Hahaha.... Then I wouldn’t have to go alone. :blush: back then I went with my HK colleagues. 

yeayyyy~

2 hours ago, anopinion said:

i have a strong feeling that he will take this role. but nahh.. i wont put too much hope. but the response was quite warm.. everyone likes it.

32 minutes ago, booho said:

Say Hi, to our commander lee :wub:

cannot wait to meet commander lee later in cinemaaa!!!!

• Like 8

30 minutes ago, booho said:
Say Hi, to our commander lee :wub:

Is it his full appearance in the movie ? If so I don't want to watch it now - I'll go to the theatre to see this one *very soon* so I want to be surprised and anticipate his part :) 

@anopinion, the original material is really good. Clever, great cast and characters, great and sometimes very scary storylines. Of course in 12 seasons there are episodes greater than others, can't help it. But they really have good material to work on. I hope they'll find one great writer to adapt it. 

Kim Ah Joong - I didn't see much of her, but I really liked her in My PS Partner. And anyway it's not a romance drama focused on two people but more like an ensemble drama so I'm very fine with her, and she is the right age to be paired with Joon Gi.

I've read some comments elsewhere that it would have been nice if it was picked up by a cable channel. And I agree, because they have more liberties. But I hope KBS will manage to keep things dark - criminal minds is not a comedy nor is fluffy. There is some humor between the team sometimes but the subjects are serious.

• Like 14

34 minutes ago, hiluna said:

I am with you on this. I like Criminal Minds but remakes of US shows always fails in Korea. I want him in an original, it can be similar to CM but not a remake please. But having said this, if there is an actor that can pull it off it would be our Joon Gi.  Fated to Love You turned out pretty good with Jang Hyuk in the latter part of the show and I ended up liking it better than the original, same with MLSHR. If you have a strong actor/actress who would take ownership of a role in a remake/adaptation it could be successful. The problem is that when people hear that it is a remake they don't want to tune in especially if the original was a hit and that is where you lose on the ratings game.

If JG accepts this then I am sure there is a role in there that he finds challenging.  At this point I don't mind what he takes on as long as he is happy with it.  I just want to see him on screen soon :wub:

yes same, for FTLY the korean was better than the original in the terms of rating for romance drama is quite good, it have 2 digit rating, and also for award, both Jang Hyuk and Jang nara win the top excellence, and for big budget drama, i think they will really careful when make the scenario, etc , but i don't know why entourage drama really floop, even the US version really HIT, people say because the culture shock.

Btw its CM have many action scene ? or mostly about talks ? if mostly about talks.... oh my it will be tiring drama ahahahahah 

• Like 7

12 minutes ago, booho said:

yes same, for FTLY the korean was better than the original in the terms of rating for romance drama is quite good, it have 2 digit rating, and also for award, both Jang Hyuk and Jang nara win the top excellence, and for big budget drama, i think they will really careful when make the scenario, etc , but i don't know why entourage drama really floop, even the US version really HIT, people say because the culture shock.

Btw its CM have many action scene ? or mostly about talks ? if mostly about talks.... oh my it will be tiring drama ahahahahah 

No it has action scenes, and the way it is directed, you don't feel bored. An episode works usually like this, roughly : murders, team investigating (ah, and since they are FBI, they're flying by plane to the city where the crimes take place : P), sometimes you also follow what the murderer does while they investigate, they identify the murderer and go find him ~while he is attacking someone, for drama purpose : P~ that's the part where there is action. There were also times when one member of the team was targeted etc... There are so so many plots. You can check out an episode, from the earlier seasons, to see what it looks like :) 

There are tons of way they could adapt it, with the limit of lenght, it would be nice if it is procedural with an another subplot that stretch throughout the show and then resolve in the end. A bit like the Mentalist (in much much shorter).

By the way Fated to Love You was one of the competing drama when Joseon Gunman aired. The third one was It's Okay it's Love with Jo In Sung and Gong Hyo Jin. Tight tight competition during this summer ^^ Glad Joseon Gunman won -by a slight margin- but it was tough ^^ 

• Like 11