Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

55 minutes ago, aimwanie said:

well.. since in my country  also got a cable tv and my sis and me a fan of CSI, thats why for me criminal mind might be interesting as well. some might like it and some not. i just hope we can together support him as usual. 

one thing for sure.. WHATEVER ROLE HE CHOOSE, I ALWAYS FIND THE DRAMA WORTH TO WATCH. keke.

lets pray he will announce something soon. this is so his type of role. 

I agree with you but I am giving Criminal Mind and exception. The only US tv series that I always look forward is Criminal Mind. However, Criminal Mind Beyond Borders totally disaster for me. The characters makes me cringed. 

• Like 7

@krysyuy, thanks for mentioning that the production is currently tied to KBS. That bit of news DOES give me pause. I'm not a fan of KBS's dramas, in general. I'd really like to see Lee Joon-gi be able to cut loose with whatever role he chooses, and I don't see him having those kinds of options on network TV. The political, too-many-cooks-in-the-kitchen, and censoring impressions I get from the big-three networks usually detract from their dramas, for me.

I do still love the procedural and Kim Ah-joong elements, but the mention of KBS and, from what I've gathered, the production house behind IRIS and linked to MLSHR's director, have cooled my ardor, a bit. Sigh. I guess we'll just have to trust our bae to make the best decision he can for himself. :wacko:

• Like 12

I'm just hopeful to be able to watch LGJ act again this year before it's almost over.  From what I see, the CM drama will start to film in April and may be scheduled to air in August?  That is a long time to wait.  But then again, Joon Gi is great at using social media to show behind the scenes while filming...to fill the void.  

And why aren't any movie roles being offered?  Or taken...should I say?

I wonder when he will give confirmation about this role or ???

• Like 11

18 minutes ago, junejungki said:

I agree with you but I am giving Criminal Mind and exception. The only US tv series that I always look forward is Criminal Mind. However, Criminal Mind Beyond Borders totally disaster for me. The characters makes me cringed. 

haha. since it is an adaption lets hope there is something new been injected to this drama. anyway.. LJG still not confirm yet. so, let hope for the best. 

• Like 9

come to think of it. 2015-2016 was the busiest yet the glamorous year for him. 

SWWTN to RE to MLSHR pretty quick. not to mention the magazine photoshoot and interview there and here.. Lotte drama. he is just that busy. 

will this year he keep that momentum? hopefully yes and no. i would like to watch him moreeee in the small screen and big screen but i also dont want him to get too tired. 

what a win-win situation. 

• Like 12

There's many things come in my mind about REMAKE especially in Kdrama industry

I think Drama - remake have been a CURSE, as far as i know the drama remake who have a high rating only BBF >< ( i don't know about the other )

From playfull kiss - fated to love you - entourage all the big floop

but, i heard the production team for Criminal minds will be the one who handle DOTS and IRIS, it is a top production team

and for the female lead Kim Ah Joong, she's a top class actress too and have many experience in crime-drama, i have see her acting in Punch and wanted

but i hope criminal minds is not like TEN drama ( its korean criminal drama the actor was joo sang wook ) and goshh it's good but the story too deep and dark, not everyone can enjoy a drama like that :dizzy:

• Like 10

I truly dont know how I feel about this possible new role for JG. I mean... profilers and murderers and stuff, awesome! but it sounds a bit like Signal (minus de past/present crossover) and btw, I LOVE Signal but Im afraid that it may be compared to Signal as it is such critically acclaimed show. I know Jun Ki loves Signal as he watched it at least twice (he say he was "watching it again" a while ago during a magazine interview. Still, I dont know. I wished it was an original script and not a remake =( and just thinking about K-Entourage  .... sniff.... I dont know...

Also, if this is a seasonal drama... HELL NO! I love to see out Jun Ki in a different role every year.  PLus... Im not a fan of American dramas... that's why I watch Korean ones. Damn... I dont want him in this project... snifff.. unless the koreanize this drama to a 360 degree turn. More damn!

richard simmons... 

On the other hand... I LOVE IRIS! So that could be something positive. And it is being produced also by DOTS production company. Anyways, I trust Oppa and I will support him with whatever he choses. He is, after all, the one with all the necessary information (that we do not have) in order to take a wise decision. I trust you Oppa! and you'll succeed with whatever you choose to do <3

• Like 14

1 hour ago, pixelsticks said:

So maybe Joon Gi does have something to "declare." B) Criminal Minds huh?  

I haven't backread most of the comments since I am very tied up with my job. But what is this buzz with "nothing to declare" and "liking shipper thread"???  I am missing anything? 

BTW, KBS was on fire last year with ratings hit dramas (DOTS and MDBC also Neighbourhood Lawyer) so I say their program team really have to keep up the momentum. Means, they must have high regards on LJG to consider him headlining their drama. 

On a side note, I am still hoping he would be extended the offer to do the sageuk "Kingdom". This project by far is the one I am seeing having the potential to be both critically and commercially acclaimed. 

• Like 13

Hehe the thread is on fire. As expected xD it is veeery early in the morning here and seeing the news woke me up instantly.

I'm a bit conflicted because it is a remake... but I love love Criminal Minds and that's a drama I'd be veeeeery excited to see JG in ! Just praying that the production team will be solid if he takes it. I like Kim Ah Joong too. 
(and even if the american show has a lot of seasons, it won't be the case in Korea. Maybe a season 2 if it is highly successful but even though I doubt so. They rarely do sequels to their shows).
And I agree, he would probably be closer to the Derek character. I'd want an older actor as Hotch. But all of that depends on how they will adapt the show :) 

I also disagree that Moon Lovers is a great drama. It is badly post-produce. But, the thing that saved it is that it's highly addictive strangely, despite all the obvious flows. And Wang So - no more words, we explained it already :) 

• Like 11

5 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Hehe the thread is on fire. As expected xD it is veeery early in the morning here and seeing the news woke me up instantly.

its about time chingu.. to guess and guess what will be his new project and whether he will pick this as his drama or not. keke. with lots lots lots of opinion.  

• Like 7

Btw i wonder what the mean of "remake" in criminal minds in here. there will be 2 type of "remake"

1. The whole story + cast , based on the original series like playful kiss + BBF 

2. more like "adaptation", maybe only the concept, but they make a new storyline or maybe there a additional cast

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, booho said:

Btw i wonder what the mean of "remake" in criminal minds in here. there will be 2 type of "remake"

1. The whole story + cast , based on the original series like playful kiss + BBF 

2. more like "adaptation", maybe only the concept, but they make a new storyline or maybe there a additional cast

hope it is no.2. like a fresh-like storyline. 

• Like 6

5 minutes ago, lyserose said:

I haven't backread most of the comments since I am very tied up with my job. But what is this buzz with "nothing to declare" and "liking shipper thread"???  I am missing anything? 

BTW, KBS was on fire last year with ratings hit dramas (DOTS and MDBC also Neighbourhood Lawyer) so I say their program team really have to keep up the momentum. Means, they must have high regards on LJG to consider him headlining their drama. 

On a side note, I am still hoping he would be extended the offer to do the sageuk "Kingdom". This project by far is the one I am seeing having the potential to be both critically and commercially acclaimed. 

Not really!!   "Nothing to declare" was just a fun play on a photo I saw of Joon Gi at the airport where that sign is above his head...and where I tried to extrapolate some humor from it since we had NOT heard of any acting updates (or possible dating updates).   My reference to the Shipper Thread is that it is very active and this thread is not as steady with people posting.  There are some great JG finds over there and I have been encouraging posters to share here as well.

• Like 8

8 minutes ago, booho said:

An adaptation would be better, I believe. And don't even remind me about Playful Kiss. God, that was horrible. (Sorry to anyone who liked it lol)

• Like 7

Hello to all,

I just need a place to let out some steam (worries) and somewhere where another may understand me. Thank you in Adv!

This quiet fanaunty had just stepped out of the closet a moment ago!

I have just told off a few my colleagues about LJG vs another ‘IT boy’, on him copying his working and dating style. They feel that there is something between IU and LJG after their encounter in Taiwan and that will lead to the doom of their careers…. How can I swallow this, at that moment I really cannot hold back my comment any longer…  Now my team members are all surprised that I am a fanaunty… I guess the unfair treatment that he has been receiving is eating into me. I will usually stay away from k-drama conversation, I only talk to my family members about it. I hope this 5 minutes of fame does not leak to my other stakeholder (need to stay professional) …

His FM in Taiwan looks really good, he has very good stage presence. I wish I was there… :bawling: I actually tried to buy the ticket but I was not able to secure a ticket (my Chinese is really lousy)… I will try harder next year to get my hands on the Taiwan FM ticket. Come to think about it the last I saw him live on stage was at the pepsi conference in HK many many moons ago. Saw on some IG posting that he promised that he may come to SG. I am all hopeful now, if there are any SG fan here please call me along if you don’t mind an aunty tagging along… I do not have another LJG fan around me (so sad).       

I was really happy to read about the casting news! If he takes on for this project, I hope that it will be filled with action and I pray that this version of Criminal Minds is not too psychologically heavy for our K-folks again. (but i like deep drama :cry: ) On the other hand, I was hoping that he would sign up for some silver screen roles instead.

Lastly, I would like to thank you all for providing all this great reading and news material on this forum… plus putting up with my somewhat irrelevant long post. I am very grateful to have discovered this forum.  

• Like 15

33 minutes ago, booho said:

Hi booho, when you say "remake" in K-drama it usually means no. 1................... Remake that is based on an earlier work and tells the same story. :blush:

• Like 5

Lee Joon Gi Roams The Night In Charismatic B Cuts For Elle Korea

Lee Joon Gi

Lee Joon Gi’s charisma bleeds through the page even in the B-cuts for his fashion pictorials!

On January 7, Elle Korea revealed on their website some behind-the-scenes stills from Lee Joon Gi’s recent photo shoot with the magazine.

Lee Joon Gi 1

Lee Joon Gi 3

In the photos, Lee Joon Gi roams the night streets, sometimes in subdued neon and sometimes in black-and-white. In one stunning still, captured almost like a candid shot, he can be seen staring off into the distance in a hotel room or dressing room.

In 2016 Lee Joon Gi starred in the SBS drama “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” for which he won the Hallyu Star Award at the SBS Drama Awards last month. He is currently in talks for his next project.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 14

24 minutes ago, LadyOne said:

Hello to all,

I just need a place to let out some steam (worries) and somewhere where another may understand me. Thank you in Adv!

This quiet fanaunty had just stepped out of the closet a moment ago!

I have just told off a few my colleagues about LJG vs another ‘IT boy’, on him copying his working and dating style. They feel that there is something between IU and LJG after their encounter in Taiwan and that will lead to the doom of their careers…. How can I swallow this, at that moment I really cannot hold back my comment any longer…  Now my team members are all surprised that I am a fanaunty… I guess the unfair treatment that he has been receiving is eating into me. I will usually stay away from k-drama conversation, I only talk to my family members about it. I hope this 5 minutes of fame does not leak to my other stakeholder (need to stay professional) …

His FM in Taiwan looks really good, he has very good stage presence. I wish I was there… :bawling: I actually tried to buy the ticket but I was not able to secure a ticket (my Chinese is really lousy)… I will try harder next year to get my hands on the Taiwan FM ticket. Come to think about it the last I saw him live on stage was at the pepsi conference in HK many many moons ago. Saw on some IG posting that he promised that he may come to SG. I am all hopeful now, if there are any SG fan here please call me along if you don’t mind an aunty tagging along… I do not have another LJG fan around me (so sad).       

I was really happy to read about the casting news! If he takes on for this project, I hope that it will be filled with action and I pray that this version of Criminal Minds is not too psychologically heavy for our K-folks again. (but i like deep drama :cry: ) On the other hand, I was hoping that he would sign up for some silver screen roles instead.

Lastly, I would like to thank you all for providing all this great reading and news material on this forum… plus putting up with my somewhat irrelevant long post. I am very grateful to have discovered this forum.  

If you dont mind this fan from Malaysia willingly to tag along with you for JG fan meet in Singapore. 

• Like 7