Quantcast

i watched that clip soo many times because it was super hilarious. especially the bang bang bang part! hahaha. i want him in rom-com drama as his next project but actually i dont mind whatever he choose cause i for sure gonna watch it!

• Like 12
  • Replies 40.9k
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

• Wendy

• willenette

• patoi

Top Posters In This Topic

Popular Posts

its quite widely known that LJG is beyond nice and approachable to his fans. but i would also like to point out that his fandom is exceptional in a lot of ways, which explains why he is always so nice

Something to brighten up the mood  Got this nice Japanese magazine with Joon Gi on the cover as well as the Japanese DVD for MLSHR, both with long and interesting interviews of the MLSHR cast.

OMG! The 4th prince has his own thread! I discovered it by accident! I love him since friday, the day i started watching SHR. It started with this scene: then it intensified by infinity beca

Posted Images

4 hours ago, hiluna said:

I don't want him in a medical drama, it is too mundane. There has been too many medical dramas already and I can't see him in a doctor role that can better a Wang So role. I know that medical dramas are the rage these days but it is too late to hop on the band wagon now, like SWWTN was too late after so many vampire dramas already done. I would like to see him in an action James Bond type drama or a revenge type thriller. 

Oh my Jun KI! YESS!!!! Me too I dont want him in a medical drama either as it's been overdone ugh!.

BUT on a spy drama (I love TBDAW so much!) or an action thriller hell yeaaaah! The man can rock tux and blood like a GOD!... not that these genres have not been done before, but they are solid genres with a lot of room for crossover between genres and let's face it, our Oppa is badass in this type of scenario! I need more TBDAW in my life!! SEXY!!

• Like 17
23 hours ago, Christabelita said:

Yes!! Im so happy they gave me an award for his performance! <3 this is soooo wonderful :) I truly hope this is added to his wikipedia page as well! International recognition for his contribution and talent to the drama yey!

LOL! Taiwanese fans are the richard simmons of the richard simmons and I mean it en the most amazing way! Chasing him by car is a totally different fangirl level XD. My respect! And Jun Ki, totally amazing that he not only moved the curtain, but actually opened the window and say hi to them. Though I must confess I did worry about the fans getting into a car accident while doing that. I mean, who the heck can drive and stare at Jun Ki at the same time? I would go jellyfish and probably crash with whatever (hopefully NOT JK's car) lol.

And about Fiery Eyes, I also love love love that song! and I also wonder why he hasnt sing it in such a long time sniff. Sometimes I think it may be because of the lyrics? Jun Ki does seem to favour positive romantic lyrics (as he sings them to us, his loyal fans <3 aww!  <3 ) and Fiery Eyes is more like letting an potential or ex-girlfriend know how much their situation sucks (include her confusing behaviour). XD LOL.

Ikr! It's bonus recognition from international media, Joongi really left big impression pre/post MLSHR, and he totally owned that Hallyu-Star title, tho he's long time Hallyu-Star but some people just sleep on this fact and am glad he claimed it back. His K-wave was phenomenon and will always been that insanely amazing! I mean come on he's 34 years old soon turning 35 this year. Gahh how can one maintain that level of popularity with one-to-two time projects per year, cmiiw. Yep someone should add the KKTV award to his achievement list! Amazing isn't it the awards specially for just him. Our Wang So! 

I was oemgee and laughing when the fans goes vrooms at the end of the vid, you basically go crazy when Joongi peeking thru the window, and fans wanting a closer look, that's when they speed up. YEA agree its a new level of fangirl indeed! The fans are quite daring that I forgot to worry about what might could actually happen on the road. lel. Yes! Joongi really take his fans importantly, I much appreciate and respect that about him. Compared to other celebs, they would probably just ignore, well you got the curtain you can just let them chase you.

Yea his tours' tracks usually included songs like "For A While", "Together" and other recent stuffs he's been doing. Those songs are all sweet and light, its a way for him to thank the fans, much suitable than "Fiery Eyes" I guess! But but I missed him singing "Fiery Eyes" live. I know the song is quite the dark kind of love song, but idk I just love the lyrics, and the beat. I bet the fans will love it too! I got all emo while listening to the song. I guess I like it because the song is sexy I'm weird* it's complicated to associate with Joongi xD

19 hours ago, krysyuy said:
This, simply put, is AMAZING. ahahahahaha (I'd like to be the bear in the last part, please...)

Pretty sure this is the video shown during the fanmeeting, used to occupy the audience while he needs to go and make a costume change. ;P

OMG LOL lucky fans! He sure have brilliant ideas to keep them occupy. Love the 3rd scene! I like to be that bear too, omoo look he's going deep in kiss with a bear? Grr I'm jelly! He's aegyo-ing too wth Joongi! The 1st part tho, remind me of Joker when he "bangbangbang", psychotic Joongi aren't bad as well. These is like teasers of modern-day Joongi would look like in a drama, soon yeah Joongi, your project? I'm asking like he frigging read us T^T 

@girlyponytail Yea I wonder why too I voted everyday tho I barely have time on weekdays. Sigh* I agree the voting system is time consuming, refresh and re-vote, but at times it bugged me with error and this aren't that efficient at all with that x24 times. You waste a lot of time voting in one category, considering there are others MLSHR categories that I can't bare to leave without voting, really is tiring, but voted anyway. Plus people can create and sign-up for new accounts and vote. I guess, that's why we losing our place now, our Joongi I'm sorry* :pensive:

15 hours ago, ziggy123 said:
the video of joongi getting a cramp. he looked so hot and sexy at the fm. i just cannot. especially when he removes his hair from his forehead, i died. this fan account is hilarious, he really knows how to make his fans swoon. he is sexy and he knows it.

LOL Our Joongi he should instantly at that moment straightened his leg. Ackk cramped leg sure hurt like a sting! But he managed to present a happy and joyful face ahh he's amazing to the fans! YEA he's even sexier when he swept-back his hair, he got beautiful hairline too. I FAINT* @ziggy123 I can't anymore with the water bottle drink and ... :scream: yup he's such a tease! He knows we love him sexy. Naughty Joongi!

OMG he sang the oldies too! "Babo Sarang" and even break dance! This ahjussi is :thumbsup: JJANG Joongi-ya!

• Like 13
23 minutes ago, yumezu said:

Ikr! It's bonus recognition from international media, Joongi really left big impression pre/post MLSHR, and he totally owned that Hallyu-Star title, tho he's long time Hallyu-Star but some people just sleep on this fact and am glad he claimed it back. His K-wave was phenomenon and will always been that insanely amazing! I mean come on he's 34 years old soon turning 35 this year. Gahh how can one maintain that level of popularity with one-to-two time projects per year, cmiiw. Yep someone should add the KKTV award to his achievement list! Amazing isn't it the awards specially for just him. Our Wang So! 

I was oemgee and laughing when the fans goes vrooms at the end of the vid, you basically go crazy when Joongi peeking thru the window, and fans wanting a closer look, that's when they speed up. YEA agree its a new level of fangirl indeed! The fans are quite daring that I forgot to worry about what might could actually happen on the road. lel. Yes! Joongi really take his fans importantly, I much appreciate and respect that about him. Compared to other celebs, they would probably just ignore, well you got the curtain you can just let them chase you.

Yea his tours' tracks usually included songs like "For A While", "Together" and other recent stuffs he's been doing. Those songs are all sweet and light, its a way for him to thank the fans, much suitable than "Fiery Eyes" I guess! But but I missed him singing "Fiery Eyes" live. I know the song is quite the dark kind of love song, but idk I just love the lyrics, and the beat. I bet the fans will love it too! I got all emo while listening to the song. I guess I like it because the song is sexy I'm weird* it's complicated to associate with Joongi xD

OMG LOL lucky fans! He sure have brilliant ideas to keep them occupy. Love the 3rd scene! I like to be that bear too, omoo look he's going deep in kiss with a bear? Grr I'm jelly! He's aegyo-ing too wth Joongi! The 1st part tho, remind me of Joker when he "bangbangbang", psychotic Joongi aren't bad as well. These is like teasers of modern-day Joongi would look like in a drama, soon yeah Joongi, your project? I'm asking like he frigging read us T^T 

@girlyponytail Yea I wonder why too I voted everyday tho I barely have time on weekdays. Sigh* I agree the voting system is time consuming, refresh and re-vote, but at times it bugged me with error and this aren't that efficient at all with that x24 times. You waste a lot of time voting in one category, considering there are others MLSHR categories that I can't bare to leave without voting, really is tiring, but voted anyway. Plus people can create and sign-up for new accounts and vote. I guess, that's why we losing our place now, our Joongi I'm sorry* :pensive:

LOL Our Joongi he should instantly at that moment straightened his leg. Ackk cramped leg sure hurt like a sting! But he managed to present a happy and joyful face ahh he's amazing to the fans! YEA he's even sexier when he swept-back his hair, he got beautiful hairline too. I FAINT* @ziggy123 I can't anymore with the water bottle drink and ... :scream: yup he's such a tease! He knows we love him sexy. Naughty Joongi!

OMG he sang the oldies too! "Babo Sarang" and even break dance! This ahjussi is :thumbsup: JJANG Joongi-ya!

i love fiery eyes too.. especially the new version. the beat at the first kinda feel like Jason mraz song. hahaha. 

• Like 7

Thank you @40somethingahjumma for Joongi's VCR translations! :heart:

8 hours ago, missmaudy said:

That was the episode that he 2d1nn PD was so excited thinking LJG may appear on the show. But when the CEO called him, he didn't pick up the phone. 

He was also mentioned on the same show in the conversation between Kim Jun Ho (JH1) & Kim Joon Hyuk (JH2). I think this was during one of the early episodes.

JH1: Who are the actors in Namoo?

JH2: Enumerated names including LJG.

JH1: That Hallyu Star LJG? 

JH2: Yes

JH1: Really?

LJG name has been dropped many times on variety shows such Taxi, Strong Hearts, one of Kim Sun Ahs interviews and others referring him as Hallyu Star.

Now I understand why? 

Glad to see some still recognized him as Hallyu Star! Thanks for sharing @missmaudy! I haven't seen this one might check them later.

Idk if this have been shared, but he answered this phone call on Star Golden Bell! LOL he is so funny. Might interest you.

Yup Viet-subs again. Wonder where can I find English-subs!

Here's the translation:

Nicole is a big fan of LJG, she asked one of the guest (Woely) for unknowing reasons to call Joongi because they're friends or something like that. He call Joongi and said "I wanna introduce a dongsaeng to you, she's your fan", then Nicole talked to him (she was really nervous, all she can do was laughing), that's when Joongi asked if she's drunk (LOL). The other MC (isn't he from Healing Camp?) then comes and explain to Joongi that they're talking with him from Star Golden Bell, and gives back the phone to Juri (the comedian).

Juri: Hello.

Joongi: Hello.

Juri: Can you tell me who I'm?

Joongi: You had such a beautiful voice. (LOL, counter attack. Can you not flirt Joongi? :expressionless:)

Juri: I have a beautiful face too, I'm Jong Juri.

Joongi: Who's Juri hahahaha (basically LOL)

*sorry for the additional notes, I just can't with Joongi and DAT VOICE ON THE PHONE IS SMEXY*

*I'm sorry again if this have been posted before* bows*

Translated by Youtuber's nam Amysoo.

7 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi missmaudy, thanks for sharing this. You know, most Hallyu Stars avoid appearing on variety shows because they're scared that they might put themselves in sudden situations wherein they might get embarrassments. Nothing is promised on variety shows, so they're afraid of sudden situations. They don't know what questions they'll be asked so they might make a verbal mistake, and some of them don't have confidence in terms of humor. Some don't want that many people will be watching their daily lives. :blush:

Yea agree with you @willenette. But our Joongi could totally do variety shows, I enjoyed watching him in Family Outing and RM! He was a fun and energetic guest. Then again, its really rare for him to do more than that, RM was part of MLSHR promotional thingy, so no surprise there that he joined. I agree with the highlighted one, along the way of recording it could left you exposed to something that most celebs want to avoid, like scandals, personal secrets and whatnot. And yea netz sure fire over little mistake and they haunt you like you do bad for the whole country, thus deteriorating one's image. Aigooo at least we have him in talk shows, he's a good story-teller!

• Like 9
3 hours ago, hiluna said:

He can be a high functioning psychiatric patient who thinks he is Gwangjong hehe and his doctor falls for him :rolleyes:

OMG..this made me laugh out loud, but I kinda like it!  I'd like to see how LGJ would handle if it had some comedy (he dresses as Wang So/Gwangjong) and walks around Seoul (and the subsequent reactions-maybe runs into a Comic-Con type cosplay conference and is embraced wholeheartedly) or would it be a drama where we are dealing with the fragile human mind and what is reality or not?  That's how they can do Season 2 or a movie spin-off.  B)

2 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

Kim Sun Ah has mentioned him once ? Do you know what she said ? I'm curious ~

Indeed he knows. He knows everything, that's why each time he takes a project he feels the need to explain it to the fans, so that they would understand his choice if they are not too happy about it.

Yeah same. I can't really picture him in a medical drama. It seems too limited compared to what he does usually. The plot always almost only takes place in the hospital, but in LJG's dramas, you usually travel quite a bit ah ah. And I can't really picture him as a doctor. A war doctor maybe (but then I'd prefer him to play a soldier instead ^^).

Soldier would be an interesting role for him.  He does tend to pick roles where the character has a strong redeeming ethical quality to him.  I wonder if he would ever attempt a role where the character was really on the "bad" side.  

And thank you @40somethingahjumma for the translation.  I swear I saw that whole video somewhere before...and I did think it was to appease us fans for all the roles we want him to play.  

Now off to vote at http://nanshen.ddyule.cn/ every 30 minutes while I am online AND

at SOOMPI  https://www.soompi.com/soompi-awards-2016-vote/?c=27 24/day

• Like 12
33 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Ahhh so quiet again.  Everybody likes the Shipper thread.  :phew:

We'll have things to talk about on friday ; )

It made me laugh how Milla is especially looking forward to the after party/restaurant after all the official Resident Evil "duties" ^^ Indeed JG is a fun guy to hang out with. 

• Like 13

WHOA. Is this for real???

I can see him as Hotch, but he's most likely playing whatever character is modeled after Derek? Since Derek is the one that dives deep into the action, lol. But then again, if he's playing the lead, then LJG has to be the character modeled after Hotch...

I was unsure at first (I won't lie - I wanted a romcom LOL), but this actually seems like a really good project for him. I can totally get behind this if it's true. 

• Like 16

Mmm Taewon Entertainment??? Dear Namoo, please investigate people you want to associate your stars with before letting them sign anything. And Kim Ah Joong name is out too. Lol I loved her in Punch, but she was kinda a hit/miss on Wanted like she couldn't garner real motherly feelings, but I did love her bitchface. She played a better mom in Punch.

• Like 9
10 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

As much as I am happy with the consideration he had for this drama (action packed that is, who i am to complain keke), I am quite a little worried because it is the IRIS TEAM.

Reveal hidden contents

If they said it is from the same IRIS team then we would be seeing Kim Gyu Tae once again? I hope not.

Please.

OH NOOOOOO. I didn't realize this.

Well, it says there were two directors for Iris - so hopefully, it's the other guy and not Kim Kyu Tae? >.>;;;;

• Like 10
25 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

As much as I am happy with the consideration he had for this drama (action packed that is, who i am to complain keke), I am quite a little worried because it is the IRIS TEAM.

Reveal hidden contents

If they said it is from the same IRIS team then we would be seeing Kim Gyu Tae once again? I hope not.

Please.

Hi LyraYoo oh, was he offered this remake? This is the long-running CBS show.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, Criminal Minds is a police procedural crime drama that follows a special team of FBI profilers as they solve murder cases by observing behavioural patterns in the evidence. I’m curious how they’ll adapt this for a Korean audience because from reports, Criminal Minds team are looking this to be a long-term project. We know that Korean audiences are so used to the one-season format.  But, it’s possible for the multi-season trend to happen in the Korean entertainment industry. Well, it’s something new and potentially interesting to look forward to. Wait & see.........:blush:

• Like 10
5 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi LyraYoo oh, was he offered this remake? This is the long-running CBS show.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, Criminal Minds is a police procedural crime drama that follows a special team of FBI profilers as they solve murder cases by observing behavioural patterns in the evidence. I’m curious how they’ll adapt this for a Korean audience because from reports, Criminal Minds team are looking this to be a long-term project. We know that Korean audiences are so used to the one-season format.  But, it’s possible for the multi-season trend to happen in the Korean entertainment industry. Well, it’s something new and potentially interesting to look forward to. Wait & see.........:blush:

Oh no, I would hate this. lol I wouldn't mind LJG being cast in this if it was one season. I like seeing him as different characters every year though. But if the multiple seasons thing is true, then LJG would be stuck with Criminal Minds because he only does one drama project a year...

Oh well, like you said, I guess we'll see.

• Like 10
16 minutes ago, willenette said:

Please God....NO! NO! NO!

If there is a lesson that any actor in Korea should learn is NEVER EVER DO A REMAKE. MLSHR, The Time We Were Not In Love, Fated to Love You and last year's Entourage all failed miserably and not resonated with Korean audiences. 

Please Joon Gi, don't accept this offer. 

• Like 7
35 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Please God....NO! NO! NO!

If there is a lesson that any actor in Korea should learn is NEVER EVER DO A REMAKE. MLSHR, The Time We Were Not In Love, Fated to Love You and last year's Entourage all failed miserably and not resonated to Korean audiences. 

Please Joon Gi, don't accept this offer. 

I don't know but remake and adaptation are not synonymous, at least to me. Even Moon Lovers was not a remake. That is why I never bothered to compare it to the first adaptation as I know they will be different. It's like Cinderella story adaptation. Do you compare the from one to the other? No, you dont because though they possess common elements but they are different from one another.

With the criminal minds adaptation, I hope they can pattern the male lead character with that 'Derek Morgan character'. I think this character has more depth than Hotcher.

I think the production have to be very careful with this simple marketing matter. But I read in the original news. It says adaptation. I hope their marketing people should explain this matter clearly to the audience. Otherwise it will be like those MLSHR audience waiting for handkerchief. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 10
5 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

AT least SHR is an adaptation and not a remake. 

@willenette yes i read good reviews of Criminal Minds, season 2 is over right ? (Heard about it because of Daniel Henney )

Not a fan of remakes though. But I am open minded still if this is what JG have to choose. Also, this is one step closer for his exposure as a Hallyu Star (I need to keep this in mind) having to remake a Hollywood show. If it tops the ratings, it will create buzz to US as well.

However, I am really worrying about the team LOL. 

@krysyuy Yes i really hope it's the OTHER dude and not him. We can still hope.

An adaptation of Criminal Minds has a lot of potential, and the US show was fantastic in its early seasons. LJG playing a criminal profiler is really interesting, and much better than your average cop/detective/doctor drama.

But the original Criminal Minds is actually in its 12th season, LOL. The series Daniel Henney is in is a spin-off from the original called 'Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders'. The 2nd season airs this March.

Honestly, we have bad luck when it comes to the MLSHR director. He'll probably come back to haunt us.

• Like 18
9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

OMG..this made me laugh out loud, but I kinda like it!  I'd like to see how LGJ would handle if it had some comedy (he dresses as Wang So/Gwangjong) and walks around Seoul (and the subsequent reactions-maybe runs into a Comic-Con type cosplay conference and is embraced wholeheartedly) or would it be a drama where we are dealing with the fragile human mind and what is reality or not?  That's how they can do Season 2 or a movie spin-off.  B)

Soldier would be an interesting role for him.  He does tend to pick roles where the character has a strong redeeming ethical quality to him.  I wonder if he would ever attempt a role where the character was really on the "bad" side.  

And thank you @40somethingahjumma for the translation.  I swear I saw that whole video somewhere before...and I did think it was to appease us fans for all the roles we want him to play.  

that will be super hilarious if thats happen!! ahahahhaa. as for SOLDIER role.. THAT WILL BE SUPER SUPER SUPER SUIT HIM MUCH! just look at how much we drooling over since his military days and to make that happen again, I AM ALL READY! kekeke.  i think he did mention want to try a bad character.. so i guess, RE, make it happened then. 

5 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

We'll have things to talk about on friday ; )

It made me laugh how Milla is especially looking forward to the after party/restaurant after all the official Resident Evil "duties" ^^ Indeed JG is a fun guy to hang out with. 

yeah~~~ RE premier! he is! even Milla said THEY LOVES HIM SO MUCH.. blessed JG by making everyone around him happy. us included as well ofc!

32 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

Oh no, I would hate this. lol I wouldn't mind LJG being cast in this if it was one season. I like seeing him as different characters every year though. But if the multiple seasons thing is true, then LJG would be stuck with Criminal Minds because he only does one drama project a year...

Oh well, like you said, I guess we'll see.

yup. he always in a drama once a year. plus, i kinda dont like remake. it will be better with a fresh idea dramas so that people cannot guess and anticipate in every episodes. 

1 minute ago, LyraYoo said:

Yes please, I want Joon Gi strutting those coats while searching/beating those bad guys !

The last time I had enjoyed profiler characters were

Reveal hidden contents

Wallace Huo's Simon Bo in Love Me If You Dare (a mega hit in 2015)

Image result for love me if you dare wallace huo

And When A Snail Falls In Love's XuXu (Same production , a hit in 2016)

Image result for when a snail falls in love xuxu

that will be super hot! i would like him in those coats tooooo

• Like 8
17 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

I don't know but remake and adaptation are not synonymous, at least to me. Even Moon Lovers was not a remake. That is why I never bothered to compare it to the first adaptation as I know they will be different. It's like Cinderella story adaptation. Do you compare the from one to the other? No, you dont because though they possess common elements but they are different from one another.

With the criminal minds adaptation, I hope they can pattern the male lead character with that 'Derek Morgan character'. I think this character has more depth than Hotcher.

I think the production have to be very careful with this simple marketing matter. But I read in the news. It says adaptation. I hope their marketing people should explain this matter clearly to the audience. Otherwise it will be like MLSHR audience waiting for handkerchief. 

Based on the records, any adaptation or remake from a successful shows not doing well in Korea. 

I am aware that SHR is an adaptation of Tong Hua's novel BBJX but there was already an adaptation of the novel with the Chinese production. The Chinese version was so much loved and many could not help but compared the K-version with the C-version. SHR suffered a lot from this too.

The only successful remake I could think of is TvN's The Good Wife but even then, I have so much problems with the show because I love the original so dearly and no matter how prolific Jeon Do Yeon is, as an ardent fan of the show, Julianna Marguilles is irreplaceable. The same if they are trying a remake on CSI: Miami cause Lt.Haratio Caine is a legend and no one could kill the role other than David Caruso. And basically and based on the trend, no one want to see the same old thing with only different set of actors.

So bottomline is, remake of a much loved show is not a good idea.

• Like 6
  • Jillia changed the title to Lee Joon Gi 이준기