Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

33 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Ahhh so quiet again.  Everybody likes the Shipper thread.  :phew:

We'll have things to talk about on friday ; )

It made me laugh how Milla is especially looking forward to the after party/restaurant after all the official Resident Evil "duties" ^^ Indeed JG is a fun guy to hang out with. 

• Like 13

WHOA. Is this for real???

I can see him as Hotch, but he's most likely playing whatever character is modeled after Derek? Since Derek is the one that dives deep into the action, lol. But then again, if he's playing the lead, then LJG has to be the character modeled after Hotch...

I was unsure at first (I won't lie - I wanted a romcom LOL), but this actually seems like a really good project for him. I can totally get behind this if it's true. 

• Like 16

Mmm Taewon Entertainment??? Dear Namoo, please investigate people you want to associate your stars with before letting them sign anything. And Kim Ah Joong name is out too. Lol I loved her in Punch, but she was kinda a hit/miss on Wanted like she couldn't garner real motherly feelings, but I did love her bitchface. She played a better mom in Punch.

• Like 9

10 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

As much as I am happy with the consideration he had for this drama (action packed that is, who i am to complain keke), I am quite a little worried because it is the IRIS TEAM.

Reveal hidden contents

If they said it is from the same IRIS team then we would be seeing Kim Gyu Tae once again? I hope not.

Please.

OH NOOOOOO. I didn't realize this.

Well, it says there were two directors for Iris - so hopefully, it's the other guy and not Kim Kyu Tae? >.>;;;;

• Like 10

25 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

As much as I am happy with the consideration he had for this drama (action packed that is, who i am to complain keke), I am quite a little worried because it is the IRIS TEAM.

Reveal hidden contents

If they said it is from the same IRIS team then we would be seeing Kim Gyu Tae once again? I hope not.

Please.

Hi LyraYoo oh, was he offered this remake? This is the long-running CBS show.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, Criminal Minds is a police procedural crime drama that follows a special team of FBI profilers as they solve murder cases by observing behavioural patterns in the evidence. I’m curious how they’ll adapt this for a Korean audience because from reports, Criminal Minds team are looking this to be a long-term project. We know that Korean audiences are so used to the one-season format.  But, it’s possible for the multi-season trend to happen in the Korean entertainment industry. Well, it’s something new and potentially interesting to look forward to. Wait & see.........:blush:

• Like 10

5 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi LyraYoo oh, was he offered this remake? This is the long-running CBS show.  For those of you who aren't familiar with the series, Criminal Minds is a police procedural crime drama that follows a special team of FBI profilers as they solve murder cases by observing behavioural patterns in the evidence. I’m curious how they’ll adapt this for a Korean audience because from reports, Criminal Minds team are looking this to be a long-term project. We know that Korean audiences are so used to the one-season format.  But, it’s possible for the multi-season trend to happen in the Korean entertainment industry. Well, it’s something new and potentially interesting to look forward to. Wait & see.........:blush:

Oh no, I would hate this. lol I wouldn't mind LJG being cast in this if it was one season. I like seeing him as different characters every year though. But if the multiple seasons thing is true, then LJG would be stuck with Criminal Minds because he only does one drama project a year...

Oh well, like you said, I guess we'll see.

• Like 10

16 minutes ago, willenette said:

Please God....NO! NO! NO!

If there is a lesson that any actor in Korea should learn is NEVER EVER DO A REMAKE. MLSHR, The Time We Were Not In Love, Fated to Love You and last year's Entourage all failed miserably and not resonated with Korean audiences. 

Please Joon Gi, don't accept this offer. 

• Like 7

35 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Please God....NO! NO! NO!

If there is a lesson that any actor in Korea should learn is NEVER EVER DO A REMAKE. MLSHR, The Time We Were Not In Love, Fated to Love You and last year's Entourage all failed miserably and not resonated to Korean audiences. 

Please Joon Gi, don't accept this offer. 

I don't know but remake and adaptation are not synonymous, at least to me. Even Moon Lovers was not a remake. That is why I never bothered to compare it to the first adaptation as I know they will be different. It's like Cinderella story adaptation. Do you compare the from one to the other? No, you dont because though they possess common elements but they are different from one another.

With the criminal minds adaptation, I hope they can pattern the male lead character with that 'Derek Morgan character'. I think this character has more depth than Hotcher.

I think the production have to be very careful with this simple marketing matter. But I read in the original news. It says adaptation. I hope their marketing people should explain this matter clearly to the audience. Otherwise it will be like those MLSHR audience waiting for handkerchief. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 10

5 minutes ago, LyraYoo said:

AT least SHR is an adaptation and not a remake. 

@willenette yes i read good reviews of Criminal Minds, season 2 is over right ? (Heard about it because of Daniel Henney )

Not a fan of remakes though. But I am open minded still if this is what JG have to choose. Also, this is one step closer for his exposure as a Hallyu Star (I need to keep this in mind) having to remake a Hollywood show. If it tops the ratings, it will create buzz to US as well.

However, I am really worrying about the team LOL. 

@krysyuy Yes i really hope it's the OTHER dude and not him. We can still hope.

An adaptation of Criminal Minds has a lot of potential, and the US show was fantastic in its early seasons. LJG playing a criminal profiler is really interesting, and much better than your average cop/detective/doctor drama.

But the original Criminal Minds is actually in its 12th season, LOL. The series Daniel Henney is in is a spin-off from the original called 'Criminal Minds: Beyond Borders'. The 2nd season airs this March.

Honestly, we have bad luck when it comes to the MLSHR director. He'll probably come back to haunt us.

• Like 18

9 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

OMG..this made me laugh out loud, but I kinda like it!  I'd like to see how LGJ would handle if it had some comedy (he dresses as Wang So/Gwangjong) and walks around Seoul (and the subsequent reactions-maybe runs into a Comic-Con type cosplay conference and is embraced wholeheartedly) or would it be a drama where we are dealing with the fragile human mind and what is reality or not?  That's how they can do Season 2 or a movie spin-off.  B)

Soldier would be an interesting role for him.  He does tend to pick roles where the character has a strong redeeming ethical quality to him.  I wonder if he would ever attempt a role where the character was really on the "bad" side.  

And thank you @40somethingahjumma for the translation.  I swear I saw that whole video somewhere before...and I did think it was to appease us fans for all the roles we want him to play.  

that will be super hilarious if thats happen!! ahahahhaa. as for SOLDIER role.. THAT WILL BE SUPER SUPER SUPER SUIT HIM MUCH! just look at how much we drooling over since his military days and to make that happen again, I AM ALL READY! kekeke.  i think he did mention want to try a bad character.. so i guess, RE, make it happened then. 

5 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

We'll have things to talk about on friday ; )

It made me laugh how Milla is especially looking forward to the after party/restaurant after all the official Resident Evil "duties" ^^ Indeed JG is a fun guy to hang out with. 

yeah~~~ RE premier! he is! even Milla said THEY LOVES HIM SO MUCH.. blessed JG by making everyone around him happy. us included as well ofc!

32 minutes ago, krysyuy said:

Oh no, I would hate this. lol I wouldn't mind LJG being cast in this if it was one season. I like seeing him as different characters every year though. But if the multiple seasons thing is true, then LJG would be stuck with Criminal Minds because he only does one drama project a year...

Oh well, like you said, I guess we'll see.

yup. he always in a drama once a year. plus, i kinda dont like remake. it will be better with a fresh idea dramas so that people cannot guess and anticipate in every episodes. 

1 minute ago, LyraYoo said:

Yes please, I want Joon Gi strutting those coats while searching/beating those bad guys !

The last time I had enjoyed profiler characters were

Reveal hidden contents

Wallace Huo's Simon Bo in Love Me If You Dare (a mega hit in 2015)

Image result for love me if you dare wallace huo

And When A Snail Falls In Love's XuXu (Same production , a hit in 2016)

Image result for when a snail falls in love xuxu

that will be super hot! i would like him in those coats tooooo

• Like 8

17 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

I don't know but remake and adaptation are not synonymous, at least to me. Even Moon Lovers was not a remake. That is why I never bothered to compare it to the first adaptation as I know they will be different. It's like Cinderella story adaptation. Do you compare the from one to the other? No, you dont because though they possess common elements but they are different from one another.

With the criminal minds adaptation, I hope they can pattern the male lead character with that 'Derek Morgan character'. I think this character has more depth than Hotcher.

I think the production have to be very careful with this simple marketing matter. But I read in the news. It says adaptation. I hope their marketing people should explain this matter clearly to the audience. Otherwise it will be like MLSHR audience waiting for handkerchief. 

Based on the records, any adaptation or remake from a successful shows not doing well in Korea. 

I am aware that SHR is an adaptation of Tong Hua's novel BBJX but there was already an adaptation of the novel with the Chinese production. The Chinese version was so much loved and many could not help but compared the K-version with the C-version. SHR suffered a lot from this too.

The only successful remake I could think of is TvN's The Good Wife but even then, I have so much problems with the show because I love the original so dearly and no matter how prolific Jeon Do Yeon is, as an ardent fan of the show, Julianna Marguilles is irreplaceable. The same if they are trying a remake on CSI: Miami cause Lt.Haratio Caine is a legend and no one could kill the role other than David Caruso. And basically and based on the trend, no one want to see the same old thing with only different set of actors.

So bottomline is, remake of a much loved show is not a good idea.

• Like 6

@aimwanie Somehow everything is an inspiration and adaptation from something. Such disclosure is required to avoid copyright issues later on. I read in the original news it says clearly adaptation. So I would expect it like a fresh drama just like any other original dramas.

I hope they would be more creative with the 'Title' too. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 7

@lyserose that's right.. adaption poorly received in korea.  some of them was quite successful  but some are not. that's including MLSHR even tho SHR is not really doing poorly. it was a big hit internationally but as we know.. JG always concerned on rating in korea. so we need something that can makes happy for his hard work. thats why i prefer fresh idea drama for him. but again.. it's all depends on him. whatever role he choose, i'm happy for him.

• Like 8

24 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Based on the records, any adaptation or remake from a successful shows not doing well in Korea. 

I am aware that SHR is an adaptation of Tong Hua's novel BBJX but there was already an adaptation of the novel with the Chinese production. The Chinese version was so much loved and many could not help but compared the K-version with the C-version. SHR suffered a lot from this too.

The only successful remake I could think of is TvN's The Good Wife but even then, I have so much problems with the show because I love the original so dearly and no matter how prolific Jeon Do Yeon is, as an ardent fan of the show, Julianna Marguilles is irreplaceable. The same if they are trying a remake on CSI: Miami cause Lt.Haratio Caine is a legend and no one could kill the role other than David Caruso. And basically and based on the trend, no one want to see the same old thing with only different set of actors.

So bottomline is, remake of a much loved show is not a good idea.

You can't make an outright conclusion. Bottomline is, it about the quality of the material. We will just hope for high quality script. As in the acting dept, LJG & KAJ (if both confirm to do it) will deliver even beyond our expectation.

In the case of MLSHR, I believe it was just a marketing blunder. That drama was the best kdrama I've seen. Aside from the scandals involving young casts, some audience were stubborn who'd expect it to be the same as the first adaptation (cversion) & to their much dismay as it flowed differently. That drama was really good so it didn't affect its market internationally. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 14

19 minutes ago, missmaudy said:

@aimwanie Somehow everything is an inspiration and adaptation from something. Such disclosure is required to avoid copyright issues later on. I read in the original news it says clearly adaptation. So I would expect it like a fresh drama just like any other original dramas.

I hope they would be more creative with the 'Title' too. 

hopefully! whatever it is i know LJG know what's good and what's the best since he is the one receiving the script and meeting with the director. but still, i wont lose hope for rom-com drama for him. hee.. looking at the response from citizens, it is 50/50.

• Like 11

2 hours ago, krysyuy said:

WHOA. Is this for real???

I can see him as Hotch, but he's most likely playing whatever character is modeled after Derek? Since Derek is the one that dives deep into the action, lol. I dunno though - just speculating!

I want him to be cast as Derek. Hotch is quiet and calm. This doesnt feel like Jun Ki at all. He's more into action, temper and dont forget hot & sexy!! 

• Like 11