Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

2 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

I'm incredibly salty right now, chingu. I think everyone here knows why.

We were wrong for hoping too much. But trying to cheer myself up....this is after all a ridiculous station who came up with nonsensical categories like "Most Pitiful Character" and placing a medical drama under fantasy category. May be we should write to Baeksang to orgaize a category that is "Most SUCK TV Station"....and the grand winner is SBS. I hope SBS will run into bad luck in 2017 with flops after flops the entire year for robbing Joon Gi. 

• Like 13

OMG...

Hello Angels. Nice meeting you all <3

First post here, but a long time silent reader and even longer fan of Jun Ki.

BUT...

I JUST NEED TO TAKE IT OUT OF MY CHEST NOW!

OMG!! IM SO PISSED!!! and you all now why!! TT

UNBELIEVABLE T_T

Paeksang and Seoul Drama Awards... my faith is in you to award Jun Ki for his acting performance. BECAUSE HE DESERVES IT!! even more than LMO and the dude from Doctors (Im not saying they are bad actors, not at all, they are good in their own right, BUT Wang So was SO much better!) Stupid ratings. I have lost all hope in humanity... at least until I see Jun Ki with recognitions for his performance, not only his popularity.

And yeah, Im glad his popularity and influence outside Korea got recognized... but my god.... I cant believe what I just watch...

Lee Jun Ki ssi... Im sure your talent will be acknowledged by SERIOUS critics and selection committees in SERIOUS awards festival. Let's wait for Paeksang, Seoul International Drama Awards, and maybe Korea Drama awards (is that one more serious? I need more info in that one)

Anyways. Now that I have posted my first post (I finally broke the ice lol) I may continue to post as I have finished my studies and have loads of time to lurk around here (while looking for a full time job lol).

Cheer up Angels. Real awards are coming Jun Ki's way sniff. <3 <3 <3 

• Like 16

19 minutes ago, lyserose said:

We were wrong for hoping too much. But trying to cheer myself up....this is after all a ridiculous station who came up with nonsensical categories like "Most Pitiful Character" and placing a medical drama under fantasy category. May be we should write to Baeksang to orgaize a category that is "Most SUCK TV Station"....and the grand winner is SBS. I hope SBS will run into bad luck in 2017 with flops after flops the entire year for robbing Joon Gi. 

Actually they regrouped the categories - fantasy and "genre" which were very separated for everything else. He was in the strongest batch and lost to the 2 weaker actors. Thank you SBS. Joining MBC in snobbing LJG's talent.

Don't dream too much about the Baeksang... with all the tv station gathered and biggest ratings hits, there's very little chance. Maybe if he gets lucky for the APAN star awards or Seoul Drama Awards like with Two Weeks and Arang.

May he get a huge ratings hit next year with an amazing acting performance and get that Daesang he deserves.
(but for SBS this year, it's the right thing it goes to Han Suk Kyu)

• Like 15

I NEED to leave here and join real life, but I wanted to say I am happy to have spent the last few hours with you all, AND I got to hear LEE JOON GI speak to me (us) in English!!  I am going to focus on that!!!!  

Wang So/LGJ deserves acting awards!!  Onto the next!

• Like 9

19 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

I knew it. When I heard there will be a Hallyu Star awards, I knew it will be Joon Gi's. Is that their consolation prize for him ? Incredible, the guy with one of the most incredible acting performance this year - if not the best - didn't win an acting award. Him loosing against Lee Min Ho and Kim Rae Won makes me really angry. (I like Lee Min Ho though, and enjoyed some of his dramas, so not hating on the actors, but seriously Wang So is just really really great to be ignored like that over ratings). Disappointed of SBS.

OMG I'm so disappointed now! Why in the world he didn't get any for acting awards? Not that I'm not grateful for his winning in other categories, but seeing he lost to LMH? of all the people *sigh* :bawling: at least Top Excellence award should be his. Even the fans chants are louder when they screened  Wang So's cuts (plus its an epic scene!). Can you tell Wang So is loved SBS?!! Apparently that's how the played, I feel like SBS saved him a Hallyu Star awards to compensate Top Excellence and/or Daesang awards. What the heck, a mess for me! I thought I would be okay that he won 3 trophies based on votes, but mann I'm so sad right now. Expectations really kills me now. Hmmm

• Like 10

30 minutes ago, booho said:

But well i think MLSH have done their best tonight, not too dissappointed too, 

i think Hallyu award only have one winner ( not sharing )  and announce before daesang LOL

maybe for top excellence they look for the rating too, Doctor and LOBS have same rating 20% beside JG already get so many top excellence award ahahahahha 

and beside when JG got Hallyu wave and best couple, i feel like Fans effort tp vote everyday finally pay off 

Well, I hope he is happy with his awards which were voted by his fans. We will never disappoint him unlike SBS, seriously, no acting award for Wang So ??? LOBS isn't even finished screening. When HSK walked in really late I had an idea that he would get the daesang because someone must have called him to get him there so late, but I had hoped LJG would get the top excellence award at least.

• Like 9

@lyserose, how DID a medical drama end up in a "fantasy" category? I kept trying to figure that grouping out. :confused::dissapointed: 

No Daesang? No Top Excellence award? I am stunned and disappointed for Lee Joon-gi. @leesopark16, you are so right: he deserved so much more than popularity awards...so much more. :frown:

One major take-away from the evening, though, is that Lee Joon-gi is in a class of his own; he really is. As he collected Lee Ji-eun from the car and they addressed their fans, he demonstrated how well he (1) knows how to treat his leading lady, (2) understands how to acknowledge and work a crowd, and (3) plays to camera angles (this man is extremely cognizant of camera placement). From that red-carpet moment on through the night, his poise never left him. The video footage from the premiere of Resident Evil was similar: he was extremely comfortable on stage with his co-stars.

While the notion of the Hallyu award as a consolation prize burns, perhaps it is apt. Where Lee Joon-gi goes next remains to be seen, but I would not be surprised if he received more Hollywood offers and if he started blazing larger, more global trails for himself.

As Helen Keller has been quoted as saying, "When one door of happiness closes, another one opens..." and I don't believe that Lee Joon-gi is the type of person to dwell so much on the door that has closed that he does not see the one that has opened.

Oh, and he and Lee Ji-eun, together, were stunning. The manner in which they interacted and the way he so graciously treated her were world-class demonstrations in how a lead couple should jointly attend an award ceremony.

Bravo, Lee Joon-gi! 화이팅!! 

[Edit: Thanks, @leesopark16, for confirming that the genre and fantasy categories were combined for the Top Excellence award, only. A very disappointing and bizarre move, on SBS's part.]

• Like 15

17 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Actually they regrouped the categories - fantasy and "genre" which were very separated for everything else. He was in the strongest batch and lost to the 2 weaker actors. Thank you SBS. Joining MBC in snobbing LJG's talent.

Don't dream too much about the Baeksang... with all the tv station gathered and biggest ratings hits, there's very little chance. Maybe if he gets lucky for the APAN star awards or Seoul Drama Awards like with Two Weeks and Arang.

May he get a huge ratings hit next year with an amazing acting performance and get that Daesang he deserves.
(but for SBS this year, it's the right thing it goes to Han Suk Kyu)

Yes. I am not hoping much for Baeksang. There are Park Bo Gum, Gong Yoo, Han Suk Kyu, Lee Jong Seok. It would be lucky if he is even nominated.

HSK is deserving but the whole thing is just frustrating. And i don't think LJG only popular among international fans. He received the loudest cheers when his name was mentioned as one of the nominees for Top Excellence.

Feel sad still. He so badly deserving the Top Excellence Award.

17 minutes ago, Fragile Geegee said:

OMG.. I'm still in denial state right now. Can't believe it ori Joon Gi didn't win an acting award!!! How come the hell this is happening????!!!!! I hate you SBS.. I wish the curse of bad luck to fall upon you for next year..Aamin

Where is Kanye West when we need him, right?

• Like 10

4 minutes ago, lyserose said:

Yes. I am not hoping much for Baeksang. There are Park Bo Gum, Gong Yoo, Han Suk Kyu, Lee Jong Seok. It would be lucky if he is even nominated.

HSK is deserving but the whole thing is just frustrating. And i don't think LJG only popular among international fans. He received the loudest cheers when his name was mentioned as one of the nominees for Top Excellence.

Feel sad still. He so badly deserving the Top Excellence Award.

Where is Kanye West when we need him, right?

He might not be the most popular actor in korea right now, but he sure has a solid and supporting fanbase - they're always here and will cheer for him very loudly. Great ^ _ ^

• Like 9

Like I said in another thread, they awarded rating and popularity, not performance. I wonder if in Korea there's any forum/academy of drama industry which to award performance because from what I can see the qualities and the value of an actor doesn't matter for Tv stations. I know that the ratings bring them money but then don't give awards for the BEST ACTOR instead give awards for the MOST PROFITABLE ACTOR. I feel cheated :angry:

• Like 13

the disappointment wont go away to easy. but i do aware lee joon gi know which "door" appreciate him more. for example, japanese fans and entertainment there was superb in recognize him. thats why he kind of like so fond of japan. Korea is all about rating and thats what disappoint me much. i hope he can go back to movie soon and make another remark like how TKATC. 

• Like 8

Last year SBS should have gave Kim Rae Won the daesang for Punch but they cheated him and he only won the PD award. So I knew when his new drama was a hit they had to give him something this time.  

I knew Joon Gi wasn't going to get The Daesang I thought he might win the PD award this year but I don't think they gave it out this year ?  Shouldn't really be surprised this is SBS they did this to Jo In Sung too.

• Like 11

OKAY CHINGGU I JUST REALIZED 

THE FOUR ACTORS WHO GOT NOMINATED IN THE TOP EXCELLENCE FOR ACTING WON INDIVIDUAL AWARDS

FOR SOME WEIRD REASON, THE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARDED TWO ACTORS

BUT BUT BUT THESE WERE OVER TWO VETERAN AF ACTORS

NOW I THINK SBS DID THIS ON PURPOSE

BECAUSE THEY KNEW LJG WOULD WIN THE HALLYU AWARD AND HSK WOULD WIN THE DAESANG

SBS JUST WANTS TO KIND OF PLEASE EVERYBODY BUT ENDED UP OFFENDING THE LJG AND MLSHR FANS

• Like 15

10 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

OKAY CHINGGU I JUST REALIZED 

THE FOUR ACTORS WHO GOT NOMINATED IN THE TOP EXCELLENCE FOR ACTING WON INDIVIDUAL AWARDS

FOR SOME WEIRD REASON, THE TOP EXCELLENCE AWARDED TWO ACTORS

BUT BUT BUT THESE WERE OVER TWO VETERAN AF ACTORS

NOW I THINK SBS DID THIS ON PURPOSE

BECAUSE THEY KNEW LJG WOULD WIN THE HALLYU AWARD AND HSK WOULD WIN THE DAESANG

SBS JUST WANTS TO KIND OF PLEASE EVERYBODY BUT ENDED UP OFFENDING THE LJG AND MLSHR FANS

agreeeeee

• Like 4

26 minutes ago, aimwanie said:

agreeeeee

It's like playing puzzle,, we must put Kim Rae won, Lee Joon Gi, Lee min ho and Han Su Kyu there  ( 2 nominess have high rating, 1 nominee have High acting point, 1 nominee was senior, high rating, and good acting point  )  and we only have 4 seat >>  ( 2 top excellence, Hallyu Award , daesang )

So i think  LJG get the hallyu award was the best thing SBS can give, i also disappointed, he deserve daesang, but there's Han Suk Kyu there, senior, and his drama also do really well.

And beside, ML also have great popularity in overseas much better than Korea, so maybe they think Hallyu award suit him more, and also we can hear he speak ENGLISH to us LOL ( even i hope LJG and LMH can change award =________=  )

We must admit, SBS drama this year really good, Moon Lover, LOTBS, Doctors, Romantic Teacher Kim, Jeleaousy Incarnate, all this drama really popular and have a good result. And the nominee is not joking : Kim Rae Won, Lee Min Ho, Lee Joon Gi, Jo Jung Suk, Nam Gong Min, Jang Geun Seuk, Han Suk KYu, i look at KBS and MBC nominee and also last year nominee, seriously this year SBS really tough, that's why SBS change the category this year, so everyone can get the award ahahahhaha

and right, jusr wait for Anpan or Seoul drama, but we must compete with Song Joongki, Lee Jong Suk, and Ji chang wook too *stress out *

• Like 9

Competition was tough indeed, when I see that Lee Jong Suk (who I love) got a Daesang for W in MBC (which I think is too soon for him, despite being, in my opinion, a very good actor), MBC had a weak year it seems. But seriously, a large amount of people agree that LJG is more worthy of Top Excellence than Lee Min Ho (and I would think, than Kim Rae Won for his role in Doctors). They should have switched their respective awards. Hallyu star works for Lee Min Ho as well. 

Maybe LJG wasn't expecting much anyway, since he knows clearly ML wasn't a rating success in Korea and he knows very well how things work. Glad he got the best couple award with IU he wanted :) And he had fun with his ML folks so it's great. 

• Like 19