Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

5 hours ago, jgismyking said:

I agree with @leesopark16.  I think it's time to try and venture in another genre. He can still come back and do sageuk drama but for now, I want to see him do a modern day drama. Rom com is a bit tricky because it requires timing and the comedy should be delivered the right way, so I'm interested if Joon GI can do it. But I also want to see him in a romantic action drama thriller. I just re-watched That winter, the wind blows (same director as Moon Lovers and I can say that director really has a thing for close up shots lol). But the character of Oh Soo (Jo In Sung) is very complex, not your typical Kdrama hero and stuff so maybe JG can try something similar to that. I love characters who are complex and JG can do complex really well. I'm also not giving up on him being cast in Chicago Typewriter. Although we still don't know the plot. I will really keep a close eye on the casting for that show and what the plot will be about.

If Saguek is a genre then I think Korean dramas has two main genres Modern & Saguek. This individual main genre has sub genres on its own. For a rom-com Saguek, there's Arang & the Magistrate. The thing with saguek is, actors have to be good esp. lead actors. I think it's a genre that bad actors have no room.

Re Jo In Sungs Oh Soo. I think LJG characters are more complex than that. For modern drama, Jang Tae San was actually a very complex character. He was an orphan who's been framed up & been imprisoned multiple times for the crimes he never committed. And bang! All of the sudden, he has a kid with Leukemia. With his bone marrow the only found match, what should he do? He was in prison and his life was in danger as the mob wanted him dead. And wait, the operation have to be done in 14 days. What is more complex than that?

I trust LJG choices. I hope he will announce his next project very soon.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 14

http://www.vlive.tv/video/19770/

2016 NAMOO AWARDS
Joon Gi won Global star award

https://www.facebook.com/LOTTEDFS/?hc_ref=NEWSFEED

Angel Jiwoo urges to pick only one man!
With six different endings in front of us, what would you like to choose?

Spoiler

Click the card that you'd like to see its ending and leave us a comment below this post why you had chosen it. https://www.facebook.com/LOTTEDFS/photos/pcb.937638549700110/937636163033682/?type=3&theater

La imagen puede contener: 1 persona, primer plano

• Like 16

9 hours ago, yumezu said:

@lisethvr OMG how did you find these gems with subs?! I've watched them countless times not understanding anything T_T omoo I consider this as a gift! Hohoh I loved loved his response, tho I find some of his answers are quite naughty xD young Joongi knows how to sway us. Demm boy, he's so boyishly handsome! I can't contain my inner-fangirl mode nemore! Those fans' reactions are basically me right now! I'm grinning like an idiot oh my~ never failed to win my heartu. Thank you for this lovely clips chingu!

OMAJOON! That Marie Claire's video! WOW! He look so so handsome! I like the light-makeup they put on his face, hopefully he appear with this kind of look for our Saturday Date instead of that usual sweaty-dewy? look. And please, no bangs, be it comma, onion and whatever they called it. Keep it smart Mr. Stylist, it's a big ceremony, don't mess up. You know, something like what Nammo have posted on their IG, where his chuckle got us replay and all hehe (totally My Style!). I want him to shine on that day :glasses: Please, slay baby slay!

Thank you again @lisethvr for all these vids! I'm fulled of Joongi-juice now, and therefore a kissu from baby boo himself~

User avatar Hope you like it!

Don't be ashamed, cuz you're not alone! come come let swoon and squee with me Angles~! :heart:

It's called "I Don't Know Love", or "Sarangeul Molla". His voice really made for ballad. And what more, he sings from the heart, can totally feel the emotions projected thru that angelic voice. Check his other songs if you haven't, you'll love them all. Huhuhu

I know him since My Girl day. I watched several of his drama and movie. But never to this extend. I mean my devotion to him. I am totally his crazy fan girl. My mobile phone, my laptop, my wallet. Full with Joongi 's picture. My husband asked me, are you 16 yrs girl or what?? muahahahaha!!

You know, he should sing that kind of song more often. Really suit him. That song remind me of Tim Hwang. Where I can find his album?? I looked around but I couldnt find any

• Like 15

I don't know how big theatre in Korea is. I hope LJG will do one for the love of art. I know he did one with Jo Ji Hoon while he was in the army. I think Moon Guen Young just finished one. If so happen, I will certainly fly to Korea to watch it. 

Edited by missmaudy
  • Like 8

13 hours ago, lyserose said:

Just when I mentioned about the possible sageuk by Kim Eun Hee, writer of TvN's Signal, here's the confirmed news on Dramabeans. So it's not exactly going to be a drama but a long movie ala HBO's original series. I know, Joon Gi has said he wants to take a break from sageuk but .....can I hope for this one for him? Read the comment and there....his name popped up again. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/signal-writer-teams-with-a-hard-day-director-for-new-sageuk-kingdom/#comment-2623384

OMG; total freak-out, spazz moment for me. Lee Joon-gi teamed up with Kim Eun-hee and A Hard Day's director, in a thriller produced and distributed by Netflix??? I can't physically contain my excitement at the mere thought of this combination. The rest of this post should be emojis running in circles, but I'm on my phone and will elect to just pass out, instead.

P. S. I may be allergic to Lotte's yellow sweater and collared shirt combination. Looking at it makes my skin itch. The librarian get-up is also psychopathically creepy to me. Everything else, though, in the recent uploads of stills and gifs is gorgeous, so I'll train my eyes to only look at those pics. ;-) [Freedom of press, speech, and thought is everything. I love seeing even that which I don't love seeing, especially if it includes Lee Joon-gi (being tortured by stylists). Eye-training is a good skill to have. ;-)]

• Like 9

13 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

My take about saguek is - Not anyone can do it. It's not a genre but a type of film making that only serious and good actors can pull off. Just like modern dramas, saguek has different genres. I believe those actors who have done theater are ideal for casting.

agree with this especially the DIALECT / TONE , not every actor can talk in formal saeguk dialect, that's why many idol-actor / newbie always criticize because  their dialect and tone too modern for saeguk. If u watch moonlover, u will hear a "diffrent" tone from every prince ahahhahah

But my sister who also JG fans say, his typical face more suit for saeguk drama sometimes more handsome and cool than when he play the modern one LOL

* if saeguk again, goryeo pleaseee, i love the hairdo, enough with joseon weird hat and skirt  :astonished:

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, booho said:

agree with this especially the DIALECT / TONE , not every actor can talk in formal saeguk dialect, that's why many idol-actor / newbie always criticize because  their dialect and tone too modern for saeguk. But my sister who also JG fans say, his typical face more suit for saeguk drama sometimes more handsome and cool than when he play the modern one LOL

I agree that his face is suitable for Saguek. But he also actually looks good & handsome in modern drama, Say My Girl, Time Between Wolf & Dog and Two Weeks.  I love his look in Two Weeks and TBDW. But really if you say about meaty characters in kdrama, you hardly find them in modern dramas. Those good & challenging characters are found in Saguek. Now, I understand why he keeps doing that kind of drama.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 12

13 minutes ago, Uniform Victory said:

I agree that his face is suitable for Saguek. But he also actually looks good & handsome in modern drama, Say My Girl, Time Between Wolf & Dog and Two Weeks.  I love his look in Two Weeks and TBDW. But really if you say about meaty characters in kdrama, you hardly find them in modern dramas. Those good & challenging characters are found in Saguek. Now, I understand why he keeps doing that kind of drama.

i think the challenging character in modern drama only can be found in prosecutor drama or revenge drama,  but mostly saeguk character more challenging, modern to saeguk it's like Upgrade level for an actor ^____^ one of reason also because the setting and the costume i think, when u act in saeguk drama its feel like u live in another world, the seeting place, the wardrobe etc is more detail and fascinating

• Like 11

27 minutes ago, booho said:

agree with this especially the DIALECT / TONE , not every actor can talk in formal saeguk dialect, that's why many idol-actor / newbie always criticize because  their dialect and tone too modern for saeguk. If u watch moonlover, u will hear a "diffrent" tone from every prince ahahhahah

But my sister who also JG fans say, his typical face more suit for saeguk drama sometimes more handsome and cool than when he play the modern one LOL

* if saeguk again, goryeo pleaseee, i love the hairdo, enough with joseon weird hat and skirt  :astonished:

I dont mind if LJG want to do another saeguk. Lee Jun Ki looks hot in saeguk costume.

But I prefer Goryeo time not Joseon. I hate those thin hat and the string. OMG!! Who created that anyway?? So ugly and dont see any purpose. But Goryeo?? I love it. Goryeo era people are fashionista. They match their clothes with accessories. What is there not to like.

Whatever movie or drama he choose, I know he will make a wise choice. I am sure he wont accept those silly typical love triangle drama. 

• Like 10

Just sharing this beautiful fanart of LJG's Gong Gil and Gwangjong, the two most epic and beautiful role of our LJG. Today is also the 11th anniversary of King and The Clown!! Our LJG has truly evolved from the king's clown to the king himself. 

• Like 16

5 hours ago, lisethvr said:

2016 NAMOO AWARDS

He was so cute in this video. So heartwarming. Looking forward to see him in another project.

Namooactors gave their stars an appreciation gift. They said in the article that they decided to deliver a special award for Namoo actors who showed their success in various fields during the year 2016. 

%EC%9D%B4%EC%A4%80%EA%B8%B02.jpg?type=w1

tumblr_oiopyjJ85J1sdd1ivo3_r4_540.jpg

http://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=5946847&memberNo=1609562

• Like 17

2 hours ago, junejungki said:

I dont mind if LJG want to do another saeguk. Lee Jun Ki looks hot in saeguk costume.

But I prefer Goryeo time not Joseon. I hate those thin hat and the string. OMG!! Who created that anyway?? So ugly and dont see any purpose. But Goryeo?? I love it. Goryeo era people are fashionista. They match their clothes with accessories. What is there not to like.

Whatever movie or drama he choose, I know he will make a wise choice. I am sure he wont accept those silly typical love triangle drama. 

agreeeeeeee.. not joseon time. getting tired of that thin hat.

and yes. he always make a wise decision over his drama or character. he likes to challenge himself and we need to support him for that. i enjoy every characters he choose so far. 

1 hour ago, tinniet said:

Just sharing this beautiful fanart of LJG's Gong Gil and Gwangjong, the two most epic and beautiful role of our LJG. Today is also the 11th anniversary of King and The Clown!! Our LJG has truly evolved from the king's clown to the king himself. 

yeayyyy.. its king and the clown 11th anniversary! 

• Like 13

1 hour ago, aimwanie said:

agreeeeeeee.. not joseon time. getting tired of that thin hat.

Thin hat and transparant =________= if they make that hat to protect the head from sunlight  what's the point they make it "see-through" and also that hat string :expressionless: i always want to cut it everytime see it :astonished:

when u say about king and clown, i remember in some interview JG being ask which character he really want to play as, and he say he really want to act as King Yeonsan 

**Goshh, even JG need 10 years to become a King >0< 

** everytime i see gong gil, i feel like i "failed" as  a woman LOL

• Like 17

Someone say that  the short stories are written by the actors themselves. But i don't believe  JG come up with idea psycho- cheesy stalker- love story ahhahahahha:dizzy:

btw,  tomorrow the MV for "NOW " will be release

2016.12.29 Notice from official Leejoongi Page. 이준기 디지털 싱글 'NOW' 뮤직 비디오 공개 안내 
안녕하세요. 나무엑터스입니다.
이준기 배우의 디지털 싱글 의 수록곡 'NOW' 뮤직비디오가 공개됩니다.

이번 뮤직비디오는 2016-17 이준기 아시아 투어 공연을 위해 특별 제작된 것으로,
12월 3일 서울 공연에서 최초 공개되어 팬 여러분의 뜨거운 반응을 얻은 바 있습니다.

뮤직비디오의 풀버전은 12월 30일 정오,
이준기 배우의 공식 V라이브 채널 및 나무엑터스 유투브 채널을 통하여 공개되며
이후 각종 음원 사이트에서도 열람 가능합니다.

언제까지나 팬 여러분과 함께 하고 싶은 이준기 배우의 진심이 묻어나는 곡 'NOW'
그 진심을 담은 뮤직비디오도 팬 여러분의 많은 사랑 부탁드립니다.

감사합니다. (ENG SUB by Google translation) Lee Jun Ki digital single 'NOW' music video release guide
Good morning. This is Namooactors.
"NOW" music video from Lee Jun Ki's digital single will be released.

This music video was specially produced for the Lee Jun Ki Asia Tour in 2016-17,
It was first publicized on December 3rd in Seoul performance, and we got a hot response from our fans.

The full version of the music video will be available at noon on December 30,
It is released through Lee Jun Ki's Official V Live Channel and WoodenTek YouTube Channel.
Since then, it can be read on various sound source sites.

I want to be with fans forever, I want to be with the heart of Lee Jun Ki actor 'NOW'
I want your fans to love you too.

Thank you. @actor_jg

• Like 18

45 minutes ago, Silvermaine said:

Happy Anniversary to our Gong-gil!

BTW guys, since I'm in Seoul, I've decided to go to the red carpet of the SBS Drama Awards this Saturday hehehe. Hopefully I'll spot Joon Gi! I really want to take a pic of him and possibly shake his hands lol. I'll keep ya'll updated!

Lucky you!! You are in Seoul now??  Dont forget to camp outside his agency. If you got lucky, you may get a glimpse of LGJ and who knows, shaking hand with him.  I am so jealous and I wish I am in Seoul right now :dissapointed_relieved:

• Like 8

9 hours ago, lisethvr said:

http://www.vlive.tv/video/19770/

2016 NAMOO AWARDS

He's like a child who got a new toy! :)

11 hours ago, lyserose said:

Agree with you completely. As many commented in drama blogs, Lee Joon Gi is the saving grace. The plot was wasted with too much on Haesoo-Wook in the first half and then rushing in the speed of lightning for the last 6 episodes. Thank goodness Joon Gi is a powerful actor and a sageuk veteran that he could carry such dramatic change but the editing did somehow affect the outcome of the acting and presentation. Ok, this if off topic and should be discussed on the drama thread.

Just when I mentioned about the possible sageuk by Kim Eun Hee, writer of TvN's Signal, here's the confirmed news on Dramabeans. So it's not exactly going to be a drama but a long movie ala HBO's original series. I know, Joon Gi has said he wants to take a break from sageuk but .....can I hope for this one for him? Read the comment and there....his name popped up again. 

http://www.dramabeans.com/2016/12/signal-writer-teams-with-a-hard-day-director-for-new-sageuk-kingdom/#comment-2623384

Maybe he would be tempted to accept this project if they will make him an offer. He always wanted to try something new and challenging but like @Uniform Victory  said I bet he could nailed every modern times character.

I watched k-dramas four years before I discover LGJ and for me he was like a flash. None of the others Korean actors impressed me so much. Since then he became the best actor for me. I have not been disappointed in any of his projects. And if he will want to play in a drama of 150 episodes like @Vanilia said, I swear I will watch them all twice!!

• Like 15

1 hour ago, Silvermaine said:

Happy Anniversary to our Gong-gil!

BTW guys, since I'm in Seoul, I've decided to go to the red carpet of the SBS Drama Awards this Saturday hehehe. Hopefully I'll spot Joon Gi! I really want to take a pic of him and possibly shake his hands lol. I'll keep ya'll updated!

Good Luck!! Yes, please Keep update for us.

• Like 9