Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Please don't forget to keep voting for Joon Gi in K-Wave Star Award: http://saf.sbs.co.kr/2016/together/vote.jsp?lang=en&pgType=act&voteType=pop

Recently other actors have been added as nominees for the K-Wave Star Award, IU have been added, too. Isn't it strange that this happens days later? Some IU's fans were voting for Joon Gi, I guess now they will not anymore.

6 hours ago, yumezu said:

Yes it is a strong one this time. Knowing that LMH is big and him leading #1 in Soompi Awards for Best Actor got me nervous. I badly want Joongi to win at least something. For him to attend and not win any? Aigoo the awarding really bothers me. Please be fair SAF! I'm sorry too, but LMH is overrated, his roles has been the same :vicx:

Is the nominees have been revealed? Hmm I thought this is something unknown or that SBS will announced them a day or two before the ceremony.

It's known that when an actor/actress who was nominated in some category attends the ceremony means that he/she is the winner. Apparently they tell the winners to make sure they will attend the event. SBS hasn't yet released the list of nominations, so we don't know what category has been nominated Joon Gi, but surely they already communicated to him and also knows that he will be the winner, because Joon Gi never attended a awards ceremony where he hasn't won.

6 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Nominees havent been announced yet. Yes I think they announced it a day or two before the ceremony. 

If it is MBC, I'll lose hope. Since its SBS, I have high hope for LJG for Daesang. 

Soompi? I don't think its that relevant. Also, the problem is, there are too many LMH fans on LJG thread. :):):) 

Are there any forums for solid LJG fans?

It is true that MBC is the worst of all, but in the last years SBS have also awarded awards based on the rating. First of all I want to clarify that this is my POV, and it is nothing against any actor in case someone feels offended. These are some examples in which SBS rewarded popularity over quality.

2012 SBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Miniseries, Actor: Lee Min-ho (Faith)
Nominees:
Kim Myung-Min ("The King of Dramas")
Son Hyun-Joo ("The Chaser")
Lee Min-Ho ("Faith")
Lee Beom-Soo ("History of the Salaryman")

Top Excellence Award, Weekend/Serial Drama, Actress: Kim Ha Neul (A Gentleman’s Dignity)
Nominees:
Kim Ha-Neul ("Gentleman's Dignity")
Chae Shi-Ra ("Five Fingers")
Ha Hee-Ra ("Foolish Mom")

Since they awarded the Daesang to Son Hyun Joo for The Chaser then I think the Top Excellence Award should have been given to Kim Myung Min, since his performance was better than the performance of Lee Min Ho, but Faith had more rating than The King of Dramas , the same happened with Chae Shi Ra, her performance was much better than the performance of Kim Ha Neul, but Gentleman's Dignity had more rating than Five Fingers.

2013 SBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Mid-length Drama, Actor: Lee Min-ho (Heirs)
Nominees:
Kang Ji-Hwan ("Incarnation of Money”)
Go Soo ("Empire of Gold”)
Kwon Sang-Woo ("Queen of Ambition”)
Lee Min-Ho ("The Heirs”)

Again I think they awarded the popularity award.

2014 SBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Miniseries, Actor: Park Yoochun (Three Days)
Nominees:
Park Yoo-Chun ("3 Days”)
Rain ("My Lovely Girl”)
Cho Seung-Woo ("God's Gift - 14 Days”)
Jo In-Sung ("It's Ok, This is Love”)

IMO the performance of Jo In Sung was better than the performance of Park Yoochun, but Three Days had more rating than It's Ok, This is Love.

2015 SBS Drama Awards

Daesang: Joo Won (Yong-pal)

Producer’s Award: Kim Rae-Won (Punch)

Top Excellence Award, Mid-length Drama, Actor: Yoo Joon-Sang (Heard It Through the Grapevine)

Top Excellence Award, long-length/Serial drama, Actress: Kim Hyun Joo (I Have a Lover)

Well, here I think Kim Rae Won or Yoo Joon Sang or Kim Hyun Joo could have been worthy of the Daesang, since for me their performance was better than the performance of Joo Won, but again they rewarded the rating. Yoo Joon Sang and Kim Hyun Joo received the Top Excellence Award respectively but Kim Rae Won was put aside, at least his performance was recognized by directors and gave him the Producer’s Award.

But anyway I also have high hopes that Joon gi wins the Daesang and Producer’s Award.

• Like 14

5 hours ago, hiluna said:

I hope LJG will beat out KRW for daesang because the Doctor Crush role was really a piece of fluff any actor could have done, whereas nobody else could have done the Wang So role as well as our Joon Gi. I just hope they don't give it to KRW just because he missed it for Punch.

Let us all hope for the best. They shouldn't give the Daesang to another doctor and award it to the Prince/King of Goryeo instead. Anyways, you should try watching Train to Busan. It's not really scary. One of my fave movies this year. Last year's winner was Joo Won and his performance in Yong Pal was okay. Sorry but it wasn't as special as Joon Gi's Wang So. So if their criteria is like that, then JG has all the edge against KRW. The only factor that can come in is the ratings but apart from that JG is miles ahead.

• Like 13

10 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

I respect your opinion but I think you're too harsh regarding IU performance in MLSHR. In fact I really understand her character and her performance in MLSHR surprised me in a pleasant way. And I said why in one of my previous posts.

Thanks. I respect your opinion too but I still stand with my comment and opinion on her. Nothing against her but just a fair and honest criticism based on that performance alone. We just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

10 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

@lyserose I have checked the awarding history of the 3networks, it's MBC which was  more notorious for domestic rating = award. KBS & SBS aren't as bad. 

This was in SBS during LJG's Iljimae. The drama rated at peak more than 30%. In fact it was during the time when there was no other medium to watch drama but thru regular TV broadcasting.  However, the Daesang went to Moon Guen Young  for Painters of the Wind which in fact rated half or even less of what Iljimae had achieved. 

With MLSHR wider reception & LJG Wang So which is the best in 2016, in fact, for me the best I've seen in my almost 10 years of watching Kdrama, he is the most deserving for the Daesang. 

Fingers crossed that SBS will surprise us in a good way. Especially that they made a lot of wrong moves this year in term of offending so many viewers including the recent "Running Man" scandal which I hope they make amend by doing something reasonably good.

Actually, it's ironic that I think Joon Gi would have stand a better chance should MLSHR aired on MBC. Out of the 3 stations, MBC had the worst ratings performance this year. That is why I predict Lee Jong Suk may walk away with the Daesang despite W only ever peaked at 13.5%.

• Like 7

It's kind of unfair that many actors got the Daesang before joongi when their performances weren't even as good as his. I know many people won't agree but I think joongi deserved a Daesang for two weeks, the character wasn't as complex as wang so but he sure did make many people sympathize with him and feel the love he had for his daughter when he wasn't even a father in real life. He is one of those actors who make you feel exactly what the character is feeling which only a few actors can pull off even in Hollywood. He better get the Daesang this time or it will just be downright cruel. I don't want him to get the Daesang at the age of 42 like Leonardo dicaprio. 

• Like 16

11 hours ago, booho said:

I think for daesang nominee, HSK and JJH already won before, i never heard in SBS historu, Daesang was given to same actor for 2nd time

Park Shin Yang is the only actor who even won Daesang twice from SBS. One for "Lovers in Paris" which he shared with Kim Jung Eun (his leading lady) and another one for "War of Money". They said if he did not have a scandal with SBS over his acting fee, he was actually the strongest contender to win a "what could have been" his third Daesang for "Painter of the Wind" which eventually went to his much younger co-star, Moon Geun Young.

Having said that, I am afraid Han Suk Kyu still have high possibility to nab the top prize. Aside from RDTK is a rating juggernaut, he is also a respectable movie actor whose come back on small screen is very much a big news to Koreans in general. 

• Like 8

16 minutes ago, ziggy123 said:

It's kind of unfair that many actors got the Daesang before joongi when their performances weren't even as good as his. I know many people won't agree but I think joongi deserved a Daesang for two weeks, the character wasn't as complex as wang so but he sure did make many people sympathize with him and feel the love he had for his daughter when he wasn't even a father in real life. He is one of those actors who make you feel exactly what the character is feeling which only a few actors can pull off even in Hollywood. He better get the Daesang this time or it will just be downright cruel. I don't want him to get the Daesang at the age of 42 like Leonardo dicaprio. 

LOL. That's the set back about being good looking. People tend to feel their popularity and career longevity merited from their good looks (though Leo DiCaprio happened to not age well unlike Joon Gi) and not their talent.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

If the award based on popularity, somehow i think the way SBS treat LMH will set a standard.

- SBS will give LMH Top Excellence Award? Well, I won't expect SBS give Excellent Award to Joon Gi? Daesang should be the biggest expectation!!

- Joon Gi get Top Excellence Award, isn't it funny LMH get Daesang? 

- Any possibility LMH won't receive award? lol

I just considering any scenario available :)

SBS has many Top Excellence Awards- mini series, special drama, weekend. When LMH won Top Excellence Awards he was up against Go Soo for Empire of Gold, Kang Ji Wan of Reincarnation of Money, Kwon Sang Woo of Queen of Ambition. Rating-wise Queen of Ambition & Heirs performed about the same but QOA peaked at 30% while Heirs peaked at 27%. As much I love Go Soo in Green Rose, he hasn't stepped up as an actor since then. Empire of Gold was my last drama of his. I have watched ROM, but I already totally forgot about it now. This drama peaked at 17.5%.

In my opinion, I don't think LMH will get a chance in performance awards this year. Maybe popularity award, he has a big chance.

5 hours ago, lyserose said:

Thanks. I respect your opinion too but I still stand with my comment and opinion on her. Nothing against her but just a fair and honest criticism based on that performance alone. We just going to have to agree to disagree on this one.

Fingers crossed that SBS will surprise us in a good way. Especially that they made a lot of wrong moves this year in term of offending so many viewers including the recent "Running Man" scandal which I hope they make amend by doing something reasonably good.

Actually, it's ironic that I think Joon Gi would have stand a better chance should MLSHR aired on MBC. Out of the 3 stations, MBC had the worst ratings performance this year. That is why I predict Lee Jong Suk may walk away with the Daesang despite W only ever peaked at 13.5%.

MBC is all about rating. Rating=awards. However, it's not always the case with SBS.  I gave an example the Iljimae before. That drama was so popular and rated more than 30% but Lee Joon Gi didn't take him the Daesang for that instead they gave it to Moon Guen Young in Painter of the Wind which peaked 15%.

In the case of MLSHR, this drama actually rank 1st in the rating on the Mon-Tue timeslot from 17-20. It was number 1 in CPI in 1-3 episodes & 14-20. Then lets talk rating in $. This drama is one of the biggest Korea's drama export. It was sold for more than $400K per episode to China alone. This is the most expensive kdrama ever sold so far. DOST price tag was only $250K.  SBS can't disregard these facts.

More than the rating & the revenue, LJG's Wang So. What can I say.... it is a masterpiece.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 12

8 hours ago, lisethvr said:

Please don't forget to keep voting for Joon Gi in K-Wave Star Award: http://saf.sbs.co.kr/2016/together/vote.jsp?lang=en&pgType=act&voteType=pop

Recently other actors have been added as nominees for the K-Wave Star Award, IU have been added, too. Isn't it strange that this happens days later? Some IU's fans were voting for Joon Gi, I guess now they will not anymore.

It's known that when an actor/actress who was nominated in some category attends the ceremony means that he/she is the winner. Apparently they tell the winners to make sure they will attend the event. SBS hasn't yet released the list of nominations, so we don't know what category has been nominated Joon Gi, but surely they already communicated to him and also knows that he will be the winner, because Joon Gi never attended a awards ceremony where he hasn't won.

But anyway I also have high hopes that Joon gi wins the Daesang and Producer’s Award.

SBS and their weirdness, should I expect less :expressionless: why is it SBS can set things straight, it's already unfair to the other party, few days late what they want us to split vote. And now, I think the site voting is experiencing some difficulties/error. I can't seem to reach the site and to vote! OMG I can't missed my voting counts for Joongi :bawling: many fans must rushed the website, and thus the server become busy.

@lisethvr  Thank you for the info! That lift my spirit a bit hehe Knowing that I hope they prepared something big for him.  His performance as Wang So is a work of art!! I mean come on so far the listed nominees against him are not up to par compared to LJG's. Therefore, Joongi for the win and Daesang should be his. 

5 hours ago, girlyponytail said:

If the award based on popularity, somehow i think the way SBS treat LMH will set a standard.

- SBS will give LMH Top Excellence Award? Well, I won't expect SBS give Excellent Award to Joon Gi? Daesang should be the biggest expectation!!

- Joon Gi get Top Excellence Award, isn't it funny LMH get Daesang? 

- Any possibility LMH won't receive award? lol

I just considering any scenario available :)

Yea you are right. Shame on SBS if they failed to recognized true talent! I would be totally devastated if that happens and ugly-cry ughhh :bawling:

• Like 6

3 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

Two Weeks was with MBC. What do we expect from them? I have high hopes for LJG here because SBS is not as notorious as MBC.

We also have to note LJG's Jang Tae San is nothing compared to LJG's Wang So. The latter is just phenomenal.

On the side note: Re MBC. My Name Is Kim Sam Soon was probably one of the craziest in terms of rating. It rated more than 50%. But I wonder why they gave the Daesang to the Drama not to Kim Sun Ah. 

• Like 6

10 hours ago, lisethvr said:

It is true that MBC is the worst of all, but in the last years SBS have also awarded awards based on the rating. First of all I want to clarify that this is my POV, and it is nothing against any actor in case someone feels offended. These are some examples in which SBS rewarded popularity over quality.

2012 SBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Miniseries, Actor: Lee Min-ho (Faith)
Nominees:
Kim Myung-Min ("The King of Dramas")
Son Hyun-Joo ("The Chaser")
Lee Min-Ho ("Faith")
Lee Beom-Soo ("History of the Salaryman")

Top Excellence Award, Weekend/Serial Drama, Actress: Kim Ha Neul (A Gentleman’s Dignity)
Nominees:
Kim Ha-Neul ("Gentleman's Dignity")
Chae Shi-Ra ("Five Fingers")
Ha Hee-Ra ("Foolish Mom")

Since they awarded the Daesang to Son Hyun Joo for The Chaser then I think the Top Excellence Award should have been given to Kim Myung Min, since his performance was better than the performance of Lee Min Ho, but Faith had more rating than The King of Dramas , the same happened with Chae Shi Ra, her performance was much better than the performance of Kim Ha Neul, but Gentleman's Dignity had more rating than Five Fingers.

2013 SBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Mid-length Drama, Actor: Lee Min-ho (Heirs)
Nominees:
Kang Ji-Hwan ("Incarnation of Money”)
Go Soo ("Empire of Gold”)
Kwon Sang-Woo ("Queen of Ambition”)
Lee Min-Ho ("The Heirs”)

Again I think they awarded the popularity award.

2014 SBS Drama Awards

Top Excellence Award, Miniseries, Actor: Park Yoochun (Three Days)
Nominees:
Park Yoo-Chun ("3 Days”)
Rain ("My Lovely Girl”)
Cho Seung-Woo ("God's Gift - 14 Days”)
Jo In-Sung ("It's Ok, This is Love”)

IMO the performance of Jo In Sung was better than the performance of Park Yoochun, but Three Days had more rating than It's Ok, This is Love.

2015 SBS Drama Awards

Daesang: Joo Won (Yong-pal)

Producer’s Award: Kim Rae-Won (Punch)

Top Excellence Award, Mid-length Drama, Actor: Yoo Joon-Sang (Heard It Through the Grapevine)

Top Excellence Award, long-length/Serial drama, Actress: Kim Hyun Joo (I Have a Lover)

Well, here I think Kim Rae Won or Yoo Joon Sang or Kim Hyun Joo could have been worthy of the Daesang, since for me their performance was better than the performance of Joo Won, but again they rewarded the rating. Yoo Joon Sang and Kim Hyun Joo received the Top Excellence Award respectively but Kim Rae Won was put aside, at least his performance was recognized by directors and gave him the Producer’s Award.

Faith was probably one of the saddest drama productions. They got the rating yes.. but commercially it was one of the biggest flops. It was one classic example that rating do not guarantee commercial success.

Re: Three Days & It's ok It's Love.  Actually rating wise, both dramas actually rated about on the same range. I have only seen IOIL so I can't really compare their performances. I can only say about JIS performance which I thought wasn't really that spectacular. He did well as usual but nothing special. I have seen PYC's RTP & Missing You. Well, I didn't see anything special in his acting so I didn't watch his drama after Missing You.

And yes, you have a point. I do clearly understand what you are saying. But they are not as notorious as the other channel. I mentioned the case of Iljimae in my previous comment.

Still I have high hopes for Lee Joon Gi's Daesang because Moon Lovers is the most popular drama of SBS this year. And I would like to reiterate, he delivered a masterpiece thru MLSHR.

Edited by Uniform Victory
  • Like 8

19 hours ago, Fragile Geegee said:

I'm using my phone and the network is working good except for SBS. I also thought it is because the site is buzy with people voting. I will try my best later at night, might work then.

Thank you for replaying my friends

I too had problems using phone so i tried on my laptop. Works fine. Hope yours is working too.

• Like 2

1 hour ago, kathylim82 said:

I too had problems using phone so i tried on my laptop. Works fine. Hope yours is working too.

Hi there.. I tried again last night and it did worked. I couldnt go to bed before voting lol. 

About the daesang award or top excellent award there is the actor from jealousy incarnate who is more candidate to get it more than KRW. He got much love this year enough to get him one big award (I hope I'm wrong about this).

@anonymouschic same for me, I fell for him from the very beginning scens of his and I didnt expect that to happen lol.

Actually, I started watching it (thanks to knets) because I was curious about how bad  is IU's acting and the story and I ended up by dumping moonlight and other dramas (I was wasting my time on )and started my journey with moon lovers and our 4th prince. I really can't understand Knets..the just hate too much.

Edited by Fragile Geegee
  • Like 14

1 hour ago, Fragile Geegee said:

Hi there.. I tried again last night and it did worked. I couldnt go to bed before voting lol. 

About the daesang award or top excellent award there is the actor from jealousy incarnate who is more candidate to get it more than KRW. He got much love this year enough to get him one big award (I hope I'm wrong about this).

@anonymouschic same for me, I fell for him from the very beginning scens of his and I didnt expect that to happen lol.

Actually, I started watching it (thanks to knets) because I was curious about how bad  is IU's acting and the story and I ended up by dumping moonlight and other dramas (I was wasting my time on )and started my journey with moon lovers and our 4th prince. I really can't understand Knets..the just hate too much.

It's Jo Jung Seok. Yes, he is receiving a lot of love this year and "Jealousy Incarnate" seem to be getting major rave from drama fans and billed as underdog. I did not enjoy JI but JJS is really great with his cameo in "Legend of the Blue Sea" (his merman and crying pearl scene is really epic). So, yes, he left a lot more deeper impression than Kim Rae Won. If based on performance alone and not the ratings, the strongest contenders are hands down Joon Gi, Jo Jung Seok and Han Suk Kyu.

Falling for 4th Prince Wang So basically happened to almost everyone who happened to watch MLSHR. If anyone managed to resist him, I really could say that person has extremely high immunity level. I apologized beforehand for mentioning this but I am currently watching "Hwarang" and the flower boys theme is what make the drama being compared to MLSHR. Hwarang is an enjoyable watch so far but none of the actors caught my attention right off the bat. The attention level given to each one of them are the same since none stood out in particular, even though Park Hyung Shik was given a role slightly similar in term of the aura with Wang So which I feel is intentional to make girls swoony over him. But Joon Gi's performance in MLSHR is totally on a different level. No need the first episode, I was charmed just by the snippets from the trailer and despite the limited screen time he had in the first few episodes, he totally stole the thunder from everyone and the moment he appeared on screen, everyone else just turn into a shadow. It's not just that he is out of this world gorgeous, but that on-screen charisma is just so powerful. So far, no other actor could achieved that, at least not in any performance by any other actors this year. 

• Like 22