Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

3 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi larus, oh, short appearance? This web drama will be called "Six Kisses" (literal translation of the Korean title will be “kissed six times”).  WOW - the fortunate lady who gets to work with these men is whoever the female lead here.  Count me in! Because of these men, the cast - you’ll need firemen and medics on standby. Hahaha -  I can’t imagine anyone skipping this one. :P

Web dramas are short if I assume correctly and the 6 guys will share the screen time. Yeah... lucky girl! I know the actress from Maids. I don`t think she had a lead role yet but I am glad that she will be so lucky to be paired with all these handsome men.

I guess she will have six experiences with the guys and she will kiss all six. :D Maybe she will meet Joon Gi`s character at church. as they go to the same church... I was was the producer, I will make six short stories and give 2- 3 episodes for each guy. ;)

18 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

He talked a bit about the offers he is getting during his fanmeeting yesterday. Seems like Directors are still seeking him out to play in sageuk from what I understood, but he is ready to turn it down no matter how good it looks this time. I wouldn't mind if it was a sageuk movie though. Sageuk movie then a modern drama (or the other away around). I was pretty much against his casting in Moon Lovers, but after the Wang So he served us, what's more is there to say ? ^^ Anyway, can't way for him/his agency to announce his next project :) 

We went at his fan meeting or you got the inside information? Cool! Interesting to know that the directors are seeking him to play in sageuks. I understand his need to change the genre for a while. Besides, no one has a guarantee that a project is very good so early in the production. Moon Lovers sound great too. I don`t mind seeing him in more sageuks. I know he chose something different in each project he does but I hope he will be careful to not be type cast. That`s why I wish he will not play in an action drama this time. The web drama is a start. 

I read your answer above. It is great that there is a broadcast of the fan meeting. I saw the post about the live broadcast but I forgot.

Lee Jun Ki Grateful and Happy to Watch Final Episode of Moon Lovers with Fans

http://i966.photobucket.com/albums/ae145/ockoala/Jun%20Ki/zolp2.jpg

http://koalasplayground.com/2016/11/02/lee-jun-ki-grateful-and-happy-to-watch-final-episode-20-of-k-bu-bu-jing-xin-at-fan-meeting/

• Like 10

9 minutes ago, larus said:

We went at his fan meeting or you got the inside information? 

That's what he said at the fanmeeting. And it is what I understand from the english translation. it's not very clear.

Here is the video of the fanmeeting. There is english (and chinese and korean subtitles too)
http://www.vlive.tv/video/16335/

• Like 7

14 minutes ago, larus said:

Web dramas are short if I assume correctly and the 6 guys will share the screen time. Yeah... lucky girl! I know the actress from Maids. I don`t think she had a lead role yet but I am glad that she will be so lucky to be paired with all these handsome men.

I guess she will have six experiences with the guys and she will kiss all six. :D Maybe she will meet Joon Gi`s character at church. as they go to the same church... I was was the producer, I will make six short stories and give 2- 3 episodes for each guy. ;)

larus web dramas are an increasingly popular format nowadays in Korea, huh? So many stars are jumping on the bandwagon.  Ye, you're right - they're short because  while traditional dramas are broadcast first on TV and then made available online, but web dramas are only available online. A traditional drama EP will usually fall in between 45-min to over an hour in length, while a web drama will tend to have shorter EPs like usually anywhere from under 10-min - 25-min per EP. Web dramas usually also have a lower production cost because they go straight online and may look less polished than traditional dramas, which the latter typically go through several stages of production. What I love about web dramas is they are more free to experiment in terms of subject matter because they don’t have to worry about TV broadcast rules. High-End Crush with Jung Il-Woo was the first web drama I've watched. :P

• Like 4

10 minutes ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

He said nam sang mi is the best kisser so far lol 

Ah ah, that's one thing I wanted to talk about. What was happening with him during the fanmeeting ? He usually never tells things like that - never tells what is his favorite whatever (like favorite scene too).

And that's not exactly what he said. The question was "what is your most memorable kiss scene". And from what I understand, it wasn't even their last steamy scene, but the forced kiss ? ^^ Since he said that, I rewatched the bts of it, and poor Nam Sang Mi had to be corned to a wall I don't know how many times - they did a lot of takes for this scene. No wonder he thought his mind left for a while during the shooting and he thought he would broke his teeth. That was pretty violent (the forced kiss in ML isn't that wild compared to it).
Anyway, even if he thinks she is the best kisser, it makes sense. She is the only one who responded to his kisses, not all the time, but he managed to make her participate twice ^^ 

• Like 8

On 11/2/2016 at 10:01 AM, AliciaA said:

It has been announced that his Asian Tour kicks of in Korea this coming December followed by Japan and then Taiwan.. His agency said, FM negotiations still ongoing for southeast asia. @Mona Ys, I wish his agency chooses  Singapore . I am from southeast asia but  not from Singapore. However,  for the 3 countries you mentioned , I would prefer SG since the language used in  that country is english. . While LJG can speak the english, Im sure they will  still provide a korean- english interpreter... I had attended 2 fan meetings of my  other favorite actors, in Hongkong  where  language was cantonese  and in Seoul .. No english interpreter on both occasions..  I tell u how frustrating it is when you don't understand what ur idol is saying and dont know whats goin on. Somehow I felt lost.. Yeah I was happy i saw  them in person also . lucky  as my  name got picked to shake hands with the actor or play games with him...I tell you some FM's could be boring, but i think LKG's FM is not . It would be like a mini concert coz he's both good in dancing and singing.. a total package. His  being very sweet to fans , approachable, can speak good english  are also a big plus .

Hello, may I ask a few things regarding this kind of FM? I'm curious, I have never participated in this kind of thing, so I really have zero idea about how it usually goes. I also hope they choose SG. So, with this kind of overseas tour, does it mean it is open/ free for public? ( or you have to be a member of fanclub?) how do they usually announce and how to get chosen to attend?

Thank you!

• Like 4

6 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Ah ah, that's one thing I wanted to talk about. What was happening with him during the fanmeeting ? He usually never tells things like that - never tells what is his favorite whatever (like favorite scene too).

I think it is good when actors talked about their favorite scene or a memorable one. I love when the actors and writers PD talked about their work. We could learn some things from inside and their perceptions/ thoughts. I don`t like questions about who would they chose from their costars, to name their ideal type and other silly questions but a memorable scene is another matter.  I am glad that he answered.

I don`t remember the scene. I guess is from TBDAW? I saw on You Tube Nam Sang mi`s kiss with Lee Sang Woo and it was hot. She is a good kisser. I can see why he chose the scene as a memorable moment. From your description it was an intense moment, not a typical kiss and the effort to film that scene was bigger. About other kiss scenes...I think depends on the type of drama and the director`s directive.  

• Like 5

10 minutes ago, kiinn said:

Hello, may I ask a few things regarding this kind of FM? I'm curious, I have never participated in this kind of thing, so I really have zero idea about how it usually goes. I also hope they choose SG. So, with this kind of overseas tour, does it mean it is open/ free for public? ( or you have to be a member of fanclub?) how do they usually announce and how to get chosen to attend?

Thank you!

I don`t know much about these fanmeetings either but from what I know, everyone can participate. There are tickets available so if someone can buy a ticket he/ she will participate. Usual the tickets are sold out very quickly if the star is popular. 

I think someone asked if there will be an interpreter at these fan events.  I remember when Kim So Yeon had a small fanmeeting in 2014 and the international fans could participated, Namooactors provided an interpreter for foreigner fans.  Lee Joon Gi will have a much bigger event and I am sure it will be an interpreter for the fanmeetings outside Korea. 

• Like 6

Most korean actresses are poor kissers so I can understand his frustration. its bad nearly all the time. So once in a while someone like Jeon Ji Hyun comes along and does it french...  jaws drop and the kisses become very talked about. 

While NSM was ok in the earlier drama... her kissing in Joseon Gunman was terrible. Dead fish. As for MLSHR - I must say LJK seems almost afraid to kiss IU. the close up of their kiss scene made me cringe. he was using his lips to gently gnaw at hers. I thought then - ew omg - he's an awfully terrible kisser until i went to youtube to google his past productions and saw that at least the ones he did with NSM when she participated was pretty hot.

I hope he meets a good production and an Alist actress next. hes too talented to be stuck in productions with mediocre actresses.

• Like 6

17 minutes ago, larus said:

I think it is good when actors talked about their favorite scene or a memorable one. I love when the actors and writers PD talked about their work. We could learn some things from inside and their perceptions/ thoughts. I don`t like questions about who would they chose from their costars, to name their ideal type and other silly questions but a memorable scene is another matter.  I am glad that he answered.

I don`t remember the scene. I guess is from TBDAW? I saw on You Tube Nam Sang mi`s kiss with Lee Sang Woo and it was hot. She is a good kisser. I can see why he chose the scene as a memorable moment. From your description it was an intense moment, not a typical kiss and the effort to film that scene was bigger. About other kiss scenes...I think depends on the type of drama and the director`s directive.  

Yes same, I like it when they share most memorable scenes and things like that. The thing is, LJG almost never say what he liked more, the use of superlative. He said once it is because he doesn't want to influence the viewers' perception. 

Yeah I think Nam Sang Mi is a good kisser, but sometimes, their kiss scenes were awkward. It can also be the director's wish to keep things lighter right. For example, I think Lee Yubi was really more willing to participate in SWWTN kiss scenes than what the director let her do ah ah.  

Here we go (correct me if I'm wrong, but I think this is the kiss he is talking about in the fanmeeting). I'm adding the bts too

Spoiler

Starting around 3:50. I think there is subtitles if you want to know what they are talking about.

Starting around 7:10

• Like 8

55 minutes ago, larus said:

I don`t know much about these fanmeetings either but from what I know, everyone can participate. There are tickets available so if someone can buy a ticket he/ she will participate. Usual the tickets are sold out very quickly if the star is popular. 

I think someone asked if there will be an interpreter at these fan events.  I remember when Kim So Yeon had a small fanmeeting in 2014 and the international fans could participated, Namooactors provided an interpreter for foreigner fans.  Lee Joon Gi will have a much bigger event and I am sure it will be an interpreter for the fanmeetings outside Korea. 

I see.....then, I hope the event would be big, so more people could participate. Really not a lucky person in term of grabbing tickets :sweatingbullets:. Thank you so much for this explanation!

• Like 3

17 minutes ago, leesopark16 said:

Yeah I think Nam Sang Mi is a good kisser, but sometimes, their kiss scenes were awkward. It can also be the director's wish to keep things lighter right. For example, I think Lee Yubi was really more willing to participate in SWWTN kiss scenes than what the director let her do ah ah.  

Thanks for the videos. The forced kisses are not something I look forward in a drama but I like the intensity of those scenes. Both did a good job. I could see why it was a memorable scene for Joon Gi. Speaking of the scene,  his character deserved a slap :). But... those intense eyes.... bad boy vibe.... Good scene...

I think we have to stop comparing the kisses.  Each drama is different and actors and actresses are in a role and sometimes a scene require a "dead fish". If the director is asking for this kiss the actors comply with that. We don`t know how is written in the script. Yes, I agree that some actors are better kissers than others, some are more at ease with those scene but in the end the characters, PD, and other circumstances impose a particular scene. I enjoy a good kiss if the show is giving me that and I avoid to put a label on someone just for a scene. 

• Like 7

@kimchigal2, I personally really like the kiss scenes in ML. Wang So was extremely tender and loving ~ I would have loved to see a hotter kiss somewhere but let's not forget it's a sageuk, on a public television channel. And they also follow the director's instructions.

4 hours ago, larus said:

Thanks for the videos. The forced kisses are not something I look forward in a drama but I like the intensity of those scenes. Both did a good job. I could see why it was a memorable scene for Joon Gi. Speaking of the scene,  his character deserved a slap :). But... those intense eyes.... bad boy vibe.... Good scene...

I agree. The scene was done right and meant to be intense. And the lady fought back ! Good ! Too bad he managed to catch her hand because, yes, he did deserve that slap ^^ Yup, this character really suited him and he got that bad boy vibe right. I love Kay. I might go and rewatch TBDAW really soon. 

Spoiler

I'm still not sure why Soohyun did that though. Was it to convince her that he really wasn't Soohyun after she found out anyway ? Or was there a little bit of desire on his part ? Since he loves her and hasn't been able to be with her for a long time ? Or maybe a mix of both.

@Mona Ys, thanks for sharing ! Sweet music to our ears, his voice. Getting more impatient to his upcoming fanmeetings and the fancams/pics that will go with it :) 

• Like 10

Hi everyone I've missed you all on this forum - I've just moved towns so had to discipline myself to focus on packing up, etc.  Bad timing but I've caught up on Moonlovers (not the Soompi thread - phew - it's moved way to fast for me :tears:)  I'm so happy for our Joon Gi.  He deserves every accolade going.  He has poured everything into Wang So/Gwangjong.  The scene where he rushes in to Jung and Baek Ah to find Hae Soo already dead is heart-wrenching to watch - no matter how many times I see it tears still come.  It's so palpable - how did he get himself to this ??  I think he would have had to be by himself for a while to get into focus - it was so real and agonising.  I wonder if he has been surprised at the huge increase in his fandom.  He just has to ride the wave now and keep up the impetus. Phwaiting Joon Gi - we are with you all the way :w00t::wub::sweatingbullets:

• Like 10

3 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

Hi everyone I've missed you all on this forum - I've just moved towns so had to discipline myself to focus on packing up, etc.  Bad timing but I've caught up on Moonlovers (not the Soompi thread - phew - it's moved way to fast for me :tears:)  I'm so happy for our Joon Gi.  He deserves every accolade going.  He has poured everything into Wang So/Gwangjong.  The scene where he rushes in to Jung and Baek Ah to find Hae Soo already dead is heart-wrenching to watch - no matter how many times I see it tears still come.  It's so palpable - how did he get himself to this ??  I think he would have had to be by himself for a while to get into focus - it was so real and agonising.  I wonder if he has been surprised at the huge increase in his fandom.  He just has to ride the wave now and keep up the impetus. Phwaiting Joon Gi - we are with you all the way :w00t::wub::sweatingbullets:

Hi luvkstyle, it's so NICE of LJK to thank all the fans that loved the drama and ye, it's noted that it received much interest and adoration from international viewers.  He declares that "Wang So" is the coolest/best character he is ever taken on in his life. Do you agree? :P

• Like 11

15 hours ago, kiinn said:

I see.....then, I hope the event would be big, so more people could participate. Really not a lucky person in term of grabbing tickets :sweatingbullets:. Thank you so much for this explanation!

Hi kiinn, ye, I hope more could join next time since many had participated but only half of them got lucky enough.....But, NICE that LJK was able to have this FM just in time for his drama's wrapped-up. I can’t imagine that LJK’s drama has ended now. Time flies so fast that it seems the drama has just begun. You could really tell upon watching the video while saying his thanks & goodbye that he was really moved by the love from fans. Good work, LJK. :P

• Like 8

@willenette Yes I do agree that this is his best character role.  I think it must have been a very challenging role.  The character Wang So/Gwangjong is quite a complex person given his background and rise to become King of Goryeo, let alone his relationship with Hae Soo.  Joon Gi conveyed all the nuances of this personality and his growth/changes from Wang So to Gwangjong - his expressions were so on point that you felt he was Wang So and was truly feeling what he was showing us, that he was finding this deep within himself.  Hmm I'm struggling to express myself - trying to use superlatives that are not just 'amazing' or 'great' or 'fantastic' haha.  He was all too real. When you think of all the preparation , the character study, thinking about how you should portray a certain action, emotion etc - Joon Gi is more than just as we say ' a pretty face', to me, his superior acting abilities/qualities have been proven in Wang So.  I plan to binge watch again now to get a greater sense of appreciation of those abilities :D  I watched the Naver video of what I think was the last scene filmed where he and IU were doing the shadowplay and he was given flowers.  I felt there was a moment where he looked at the camera and from memory said 'thankyou' - his voice was quite high and he seemed very emotional and vulnerable at that moment - I can imagine that this role has taken a lot out of him.  I give him my deepest bow.

• Like 14

17 hours ago, kiinn said:

Thank you!

kiinn, going to a fan meeting for the opportunity to meet your favorite idols face-to-face is every K-pop fan’s dream. What’s NICE about FM is there are lots of interview and talking segments and also games. There is more fans interaction in fanmeets. K-Pop fan meetings play big in the K-pop industry, a fan meet is more intimate one-on-one talk with the fans. It's all about interaction & fan service. It's a meet & greet like no other. I'm a member of the fanclub of the person in my avvie so, I was able to attend some of his FM. You know, you have the advantage if you’re a member of the fanclub because you’re given the opportunity of attending the fan meeting & free-of-charge for you. Usually FM in Korea is open to public, and the admission is free. ...:P

• Like 4