Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Lee Junki Tops Real-Time Search on China's Biggest Social Media Platform Weibo for His Idol-Like Visual

large_145ebc59881b38c178eb622a6a7dab8c8a

Lee Junki took the #1 spot with the keyword '38-year-old Lee Junki.'

On September 3rd, the actor became a hot topic among Chinese fans on Weibo. Lee Junki topped real-time search on the platform with his past photos performing on stage. Yes, the photos were taken from his Asia tour 'Delight' back in 2019. Fans have been amazed by his idol-like visual. On top of that, a lot of them cannot really believe that he is actually 38 years old. 

1599106013921-0.jpg

Image Source: Weibo

It seems like the photos have resurfaced as Lee Junki is currently featured on the ongoing drama 'Flower of Evil,' which has been receiving love and positive feedbacks not only from domestic fans but also international fans.

1599108404584-1.jpg

1599108398892-2.jpg

Image Source: As tagged

As of September 3rd at 1 P.M KST, the keyword '38-year-old Lee Junki' has been searched for more than 3 million times on the platform. 

Thumbnail Credit: JG, tvN

source : https://www.kstarlive.com/news/2020/09/03/lee-junki-tops-real-time-search-on-china-s-biggest-social-media-platform-weibo-for-his-idol-like-visual-378954

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

[SBS Star] Kim Ji Suk Shares What Lee Joon Gi's Obsession Was When He Was in the Military

201467194_1280.jpg

Actor Kim Ji Suk shared what actor Lee Joon Gi was obsessed about when they were in the military together. Recently, one past video of Kim Ji Suk and Lee Joon Gi started going around online. The video showed Kim Ji Suk talking about Lee Joon Gi on a television show.

201467195_1280.jpg

Kim Ji Suk said, "Do you guys know what Lee Joon Gi's nickname was when he was in the military? Everyone called him a robotic vacuum cleaner."

When asked why, Kim Ji Suk explained, "He always liked everything to be super organized. Wherever he walked past, it became neat. If you ever opened his locker, you would be surprised; it is so clean and organized."

201467196_1280.jpg

He continued, "Lee Joon Gi goes as far as this; when his seniors are drinking a cup of drink, he would wait for him to finish so that he can clean it up. It's like he is obsessed with cleaning and organizing." Then, entertainer Boom laughingly added, "That's one downside of Lee Joon Gi; he enjoys throwing things away too much. He throws away everything."

Lee Joon Gi then commented, "If you opened a drink, then you should drink all of it on the spot. Sometimes, they don't and that's a serious issue right there." He laughed at his own words for a bit, then went on, "I'm not obsessed with cleaning and organizing. I just thought some seniors of mine were not as clean and neat as how they look and behave. If you get what I mean..."

(Credit= KFN)

(SBS Star)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

On 9/3/2020 at 2:11 AM, willenette said:

"Flower of Evil" reveals big bad but gives OTP plenty of tears and lovin' in Episode 11 with ratings of 8.884%

LINK here : http://koalasplayground.com/2020/09/02/flower-of-evil-reveals-big-bad-but-gives-otp-plenty-of-tears-and-lovin-in-episode-11-with-ratings-of-8-884/

It's a shame this was a typo. It should be 3.884%, but the show certainly deserves 8.884%.

• Sad 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

13 hours ago, joybran said:

It's a shame this was a typo. It should be 3.884%, but the show certainly deserves 8.884%.

if it was shown in a better time slot, I am sure it will be even more than 8%, but, at least  it is grabbing lots of headlines and excellent reviews  - FOE is undeniably a  great drama!

And JG portrayed this very complex and difficult character brilliantly!

• Like 2

“Flower Of Evil” Screenwriter Talks About Her Inspiration For The Drama And Explains Meaning Of Title

6a3609d0ef7e440ab19f9428194447c9.jpeg?s=

Yoo Jung Hee, the screenwriter of tvN’s “Flower of Evil,” recently sat down for an interview to talk about her drama.

“Flower of Evil” is about a detective (Moon Chae Won) who begins to suspect her perfect husband (Lee Joon Gi) of being a serial killer.

The drama first garnered attention with its shocking premise: “What if you start to suspect the husband you’ve loved for 14 years might be a serial killer?” Yoo Jung Hee said, “I was thinking through various concepts and I came up with the idea of a husband who pretends to be noble and pure and a wife who loves with an innocent heart. I liked the irony in that.”

She continued, “I also thought it was interesting to ask this question: if someone does their absolute best for their partner in order to take their own dark secret to the grave, can you really say that they are living a lie? I wanted to beef up that story, so I raised the stakes in making the couple a serial killer and detective.”

About the title, Yoo Jung Hee explained, “While creating the character Do Hyun Soo [played by Lee Joon Gi], I thought of Charles Baudelaire’s book of poetry called ‘Les Fleurs du mal’ [‘The Flowers of Evil’ in English]. His poems were about the chaos and anxiety that arises when societal values, which should be clear-cut and black-and-white, become ambiguous and borderline. I thought that was similar to the character. I wanted people to think about the beauty of a desperate life when they thought of the drama.”

She further explained, “I wanted to share the message that even where evil has been buried, flowers can still bloom. ‘Flower of Evil’ represents Do Hyun Soo’s image, which cannot be defined as black or white or red. It also represents Cha Ji Won [played by Moon Chae Won]’s image, who has to learn to accept a new world after breaking down the barriers inside herself.”

Yoo Jung Hee thanked viewers for supporting the drama and said, “The show is created through the hard work and passion of many people. I’m grateful that fans have felt our sincere intentions. I hope that it can become a drama in which people wonder what happens to the lead characters after it’s over. I want them to think once in a while, ‘I wonder how they’re living now?'”

Check out “Flower of Evil” on Viki:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Awesome 1
  • Insightful 1

*** This drama is so thrilling. I hope Netflix will put this on their platform, too. Great work for both leads. :blush:

***************************************************************************************************

Watch: Lee Joon Gi And Moon Chae Won Have Great Chemistry On Set Of “Flower Of Evil”

cfc26547ff10428093ee1b85d2c0ad6a.jpeg?s=

tvN’s drama “Flower of Evil” has released a new behind-the-scenes video that shows the great teamwork between lead actors Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won!

In the beginning of the clip, Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won work with actor Kim Ki Moo to create a thrilling scene. First, Lee Joon Gi films with Kim Ki Moo alone. Kim Ki Moo lights up a piece of a paper, but he flinches in shock when flames suddenly appear before his eyes. Lee Joon Gi can’t help but burst into laughter, and Kim Ki Moo admits he got really scared.

lee-joon-gi-kim-ki-moo.jpg

Next, Moon Chae Won joins the two actors, and they work together to create an unforgettable action scene. Lee Joon Gi darts into the room to save Moon Chae Won, and Kim Ki Moo falls flat onto the ground. Once the cameras are off, Lee Joon Gi quickly helps Kim Ki Moo but laughs at the position he’s in. Lee Joon Gi comments, “I think he’s dead,” and Kim Ki Moo retorts, “I landed right where I was supposed to.”

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won team up with Choi Young Joon in another clip. Lee Joon Gi’s and Choi Young Joon’s characters may not be on good terms in the drama, but the two actors are actually close, and Lee Joon Gi even embraces Choi Young Joon tightly.

They film a scene where Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won come out of the building hand-in-hand. However, they continuously make bloopers due to various reasons. In one outtake, Moon Chae Won abruptly turns around, causing Lee Joon Gi to lose his grip on her and stumble. He breaks into a little jig to make the accident look more natural.

flower-of-evil2.jpg

Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi continue to film together, and they discuss different ways to portray each scene.

He does his best to make her comfortable and knows how to make her relax when she gets flustered by her mistakes.

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi.jpg

Spoiler

In one scene, the two actors have to film a sweet scene where she asks him to confirm his love for her. Before they start filming, they go over the lines with the director. Lee Joon Gi leans in for a kiss, which catches Moon Chae Won off guard, and she asks, “It’s a kiss?” The director clarifies he’s supposed to kiss the back of her hand, and Moon Chae Won teases Lee Joon Gi.

Lee Joon Gi quickly turns to the script and explains he misunderstood the directions. Moon Chae Won chuckles at him and the two actors joke around about their interpretations of what the script was telling them to do. Lee Joon Gi laughs and says, “I’m very faithful to the directions, you know!”

lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-1.jpg

Watch the full making-of video below!

Check out the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” on Viki:

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

On 9/5/2020 at 4:51 PM, Tuiwgn said:

if it was shown in a better time slot, I am sure it will be even more than 8%, but, at least  it is grabbing lots of headlines and excellent reviews  - FOE is undeniably a  great drama!

And JG portrayed this very complex and difficult character brilliantly!

@Tuiwgn, I never thought that I will be in for a surprise roller-coaster ride watching this drama. The story seems simple but in reality, it is not. And....I love the OST of the drama. The music is perfect. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 1

“Flower Of Evil” Producer Talks About What To Keep An Eye On In Remaining Episodes

fa57c396cf7b4af4ae0783648b145775.jpeg?s=

As tvN’s “Flower of Evil” races towards its conclusion, chief producer (CP) Yoon Sang Won dished on what viewers can expect from its final five episodes.

With its suspenseful plot and powerful acting by leads Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won, the thriller drama has received both critical acclaim and a positive response from viewers. Additionally, Lee Joon Gi has been topping the list of most buzzworthy drama stars for multiple consecutive weeks due to his captivating performance as Do Hyun Soo.

Yoon Sang Won remarked, “I’m grateful that so many people have been tuning in and showing love for the drama even though it airs late at night.

To be honest, because we worked so hard on the drama, I do wish that even more people would tune in. But ratings aside, all of the interest and support we’ve received from viewers, as well as all the buzz about the drama, have really helped motivate the actors and the entire production staff.

It keeps us going, and I think it’s giving us the strength to continue to pursue excellence without becoming exhausted.”

Lee-Joon-Gi-Moon-Chae-Won1.jpg

The CP also revealed that no matter how gritty and intense the story gets, the cast and crew is still having a great time working together. “‘Flower of Evil’ is currently heading into its final act, and there are many emotional scenes [in the remaining episodes],” he said. “But the atmosphere on set is cheerful, and everyone is happily working together during filming.”

Yoon Sang Won went on to share his thoughts on what viewers should keep an eye out for as the drama winds to a close. “We’ve been breathlessly racing towards the end of the drama, and there are now only five episodes left,” said the producer. “I hope that you’ll keep an eye on how Do Hyun Soo’s emotions, which suddenly sprouted from his tears [in the previous episode], change in the future.”

“Additionally, Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won will find themselves tested once again,” he continued, “and as their story unfolds, I’d like to say: it isn’t over until it’s over.”

Finally, Yoon Sang Won added, “Another point that I’d like to draw attention to is the relationship between Moo Jin and Hae Soo—and whether they’ll be able to wash the scars of the past away and come together again.”

The next episode of “Flower of Evil” will air on September 9 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

In the meantime, catch up on the latest episode of the drama below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3
  • Love 1

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 31-Sep. 6, 2020

source : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-31-sep-6-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, Sep. 2      
When I Was the Most Beautiful 4 MBC 3.0%
Was It Love 16 JTBC 1.6%
Flower of Evil 11 tvN 3.8%
Thursday, Sep. 3      
When I Was the Most Beautiful 5 MBC 3.0%
Flower of Evil tvN
  • Love 1
  • Wiggle 1

8 hours ago, willenette said:

I never thought that I will be in for a surprise roller-coaster ride watching this drama. The story seems simple but in reality, it is not. And....I love the OST of the drama. The music is perfect

from casting to writer to director , the ost and of course the actors , everything about Flower of Evil has been done beyond expectations.

there are lots of theories out there about the plot, but I am just happy to go wherever the ride takes me.

I also  can’t believe there is only 5 more episodes to go, I am already starting to have withdrawal symptoms...:unsure:

I do hope We don’t have to wait for another two years for his next project- and hopefully he goes back to the big screen , if not a saguek would be nice:rolleyes:

@willenette, thank you for keeping this thread going with all the great posts of JG. 

• Like 1
  • Love 4

“Flower Of Evil” Shares 3 Key Points To Watch Out For

60257037f8394e4a85f24f8b015c4804.jpeg?s=

Flower of Evil” shared what to look out for in the show’s remaining episodes!

The drama is about a man named Do Hyun Soo (Lee Joon Gi), who lives under the identity of Baek Hee Sung (Kim Ji Hoon) to hide his past. His detective wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) begins to suspect that he may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoilers

Spoiler

With only a few episodes left until the conclusion, the production team unveiled three key points to watch out for:

1. Do Hyun Soo’s transformation

One of the most important points to pay attention to is the emotional change of Do Hyun Soo. His father’s serial murder case was a traumatic incident for him, and whenever someone mentioned it, he would find it difficult to breathe. He also felt suffocating shock when Cha Ji Won tried to end things with him. Do Hyun Soo, who originally didn’t understand people’s feelings, slowly broke down his iron wall, and he eventually burst into tears when his wife still wanted to stay with him even after she found out his true identity.

The production crew revealed, “Do Hyun Soo actually experienced a shortness of breath whenever he wanted to cry. I hope you look forward to the change in Do Hyun Soo as he becomes more open to various emotions.”

lee-joon-gi-e1599572413676.jpg

2. Do Hyun Soo vs. Baek Hee Sung

The second key point to keep an eye out for is the showdown between Do Hyun Soo and Baek Hee Sung.

Previously, it was revealed that Baek Hee Sung is actually Do Hyun Soo’s father’s accomplice.

The production crew commented, “The fateful confrontation between Do Hyun Soo and Baek Hee Sung will soon unfold. As the story progresses, viewers will be able to find out how the two are fatefully intertwined and how their showdown will end.”

flower-of-evil5.jpg

3. Personal choices

Last but not least, Do Hyun Soo, Cha Ji Won, Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin), and Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) will have to make their final decisions about how they want to conclude this chapter in their life.

In episode 11, Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won found out the truth, but they still chose to stay together. Do Hae Soo made arduous efforts to find her father’s accomplice in order to set her brother free, and Kim Moo Jin stayed b / soompi newsy her side to protect her, despite her attempts to push him away.

The production team said, “Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won’s love will be tested once again, and a new story will unfold. Do Hae Soo and Kim Moo Jin will also have to make their final choices. Please watch in order to find out what they will decide to do in the end.”

The next episode will air on September 9 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Watch “Flower of Evil” below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episode 11 Of “Flower Of Evil”

e7a1b545d798420c896aa6bbeb2c9388.jpeg?s=

Episode 11 of “Flower of Evil” is an intense emotional rollercoaster. Perhaps it was a blessing in disguise that episode 12 was postponed because there is so much to revel over in this episode alone. Fans who have been waiting for Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) and Do Hyun Soo/Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) to finally come together and work as one team are sure to be overjoyed. Here are the things we loved and hated about episode 11.

Warning: spoilers for the episode below. 

LOVED: Kim Mu Jin’s live stream

Kim Mu Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) has been a character that teeters the line between being likable and dislikable. On one hand, he doesn’t have the best track record when it comes to his treatment of Hyun Soo, but this week he really steps up. When he realizes that Hyun Soo is in danger, he does his best to make a distraction so they can escape. However, the plan fails, and he gets stuck in a cat and mouse chase with Yum Sang Chul’s henchman (Park Gwang Jae) in a parking garage. As he crawls his way underneath cars to hide, he starts a livestream and warns his followers that if something happens to him, they need to call the police.

While this scene will definitely have you stress sweating, it’s also rather comedic. The way he is adamant he is not doing an ASMR video and then bravely announces journalism will live on forever even if he dies are the best parts of the scene. If you’ve had misgivings about Mu Jin before, this scene puts them to rest. Seo Hyun Woo’s performance is perfect in this scene.

Spoiler

LOVED: Cha Ji Won and Do Hyun Soo saving each other

One of the biggest strengths of this drama is the role reversal between Ji Won and Hyun Soo. Society has hammered in the idea that women are to be the caretakers and men are the breadwinners. However, Ji Won takes the career-driven role in the family while Hyun Soo has spent a lot of time at home raising Eun Ha. This week once again takes another overdone trope—the damsel in distress—and flips it upside down. After discovering Hyun Soo was working with the police, Yum Sang Chul (Kim Ki Moo) ties up Hyun Soo and is preparing to burn him alive with all other evidence of his crimes. Just as he’s about to light the office on fire, Ji Won puts a gun to his head and makes him walk in. The final reveal that she knows everything about Hyun Soo is thrilling, especially when she asks him if he’s okay.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil3.gif

Shortly after this, Yum Sang Chul takes Ji Won by surprise and begins to strangle her. Overcome by fear, adrenaline, and his love for Ji Won, Hyun Soo breaks free of his restraints and saves Ji Won.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil4.gif

lee-joon-gi-kim-ki-moo-moon-chae-won-flo

kim-ki-moo-moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil2

The first part of this scene is such a heroic moment for Ji Won and it is so enjoyable to watch. You can’t help but scream and cheer because she just seems so badass. It’s the pinnacle of her unwavering love and acceptance of Hyun Soo. Of course, one could criticize this scene as Hyun Soo has to save Ji Won shortly after. While this does undermine Ji Won’s moment a bit, it’s still enjoyable to watch them both protect each other. Their chemistry in this scene is delightful, and it’s the perfect emotional build-up to their scene in the middle of the road where Hyun Soo apologizes to Ji Won for everything.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil.gif

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil2.gif

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil

LOVED: Ji Won and Hyun Soo returning home

Some of the best scenes in cinematic history take place when there is no dialogue. After their confrontation in the middle of the road, Ji Won and Hyun Soo return to their home. They walk in silently, tearfully embrace, and eventually share a tender kiss.

Talk about chemistry! Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi deserve an award for this scene alone. Everything about this scene is perfect. Their walls are completely down in the safe place that they have built together over the years—how poetic is that? You can feel every slither of emotion between the two: pain, hope, love, and acceptance. It has been a tough ride, to say the least, since Ji Won discovered Hyun Soo’s identity. This scene finally puts their rifts to rest, and they come together. The fact that this scene doesn’t have any dialogue is truly what makes it so poignant. These two don’t need words as their love for each other speaks volumes.

LOVED: The “I love you” scene

Is there anything better than cinematic parallels? Fans were reeling when Ji Won overheard Hyun Soo telling his sister that he never loved her. Towards the end of episode 11, Ji Won and Hyun Soo are talking in their bed. As they go over Hyun Soo’s memories and other details, Ji Won also admits that she heard him speaking with Hae Soo at the abandoned building. Hyun Soo begins to cry again although he admits that he doesn’t understand why he is crying. Ji Won explains to him that she knows he’s crying because he loves her.

Hyun Soo then boldly tells her that he loves her and kisses the back of her hand, paralleling the scene in the eighth episode where he didn’t say those words.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil5.gif

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil6.gif

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil7.gif

There are just so many things to love about this scene. Miscommunication is a popular plot point in K-dramas. In fact, it’s probably hard to find one that doesn’t use this form of conflict for the characters.

Flower of Evil” deserves all the praise for executing a scene where the characters are telling each other absolutely everything. Having open and honest communication is something that can deeply strengthen relationships and fix underlying problems. While a lot of media promotes this unhealthy idea that you should just inherently know how your partner is feeling without communicating, “Flower of Evil” is here to debunk that stereotype and prove how important it is to be open and honest.

Then, of course, there’s the call back to the previous scene. It’s such a tasteful way to show Hyun Soo’s character development and how much he loves Ji Won. When she admitted to overhearing his earlier confession, you can tell he immediately understood why she asked if she loved him that same night. He already apologized to her, but he takes it a step further and takes action to reassure her how much he adores her. Seriously, what more could anyone want from this couple? They’re perfect.

HATED: Do Hae Soo being too trusting of the Baek family

It’s no secret that the Baek family has some skeletons in their closet. From conspiring to commit murder to allowing someone else to take over their son’s identity, no crime seems beneath them. In this week’s episode, they have a tense discussion with Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin) as she asks them about the bracelet they gave to their volunteers since it’s linked to her father’s accomplice. Baek Man Woo (Son Jong Hak) reluctantly agrees to give her a list of the volunteers, and just as she’s about to leave, Gong Mi Ja (Nam Gi Ae) asks her if she remembers anything else about the accomplice. Hae Soo admits the detail about the accomplice that stood out to her the most—his nails looked as if he bit them. Her voice plays over the real Baek Hee Sung (Kim Ji Hoon) biting his nails while eavesdropping on the conversation.

While it’s great that Hae Soo is being proactive about finding the killer instead of just staying put, this scene does ring some alarms. In the past, she hasn’t been very forthcoming with any information about her family, and it feels a little odd that she would share such pertinent information so easily. It’s understandable that she approaches them differently than strangers as they have provided for her brother over the years, but they definitely seem on edge, and one would think she would be able to pick up on that. Now she has a target on her back, it brings up the question of if she will be able to survive the rest of the episodes.

Catch the new episode below: 

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 3
  • Thanks 1

Article Translation

[Personality] Lee Joon Gi breaks the mold and comes into bloom, once again, as an actor with irresistible charm

d0dfc21845630a76fbd33260aea9384842a89106

I thought it was Lee Joon Gi. But it wasn’t Lee Joon Gi as I knew him. I’m talking about that ‘Lee Joon Gi’ who’s starring in tvN’s Wed/Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil.’

In fact, early on in the drama, people suspected Do Hyunsoo, who’s been posing as Baek Heeseong, of having committed the murder because he is the son of serial killer Do Minseok and a psychopath. Of course, from Episode 2 onwards, Do Hyunsoo has proven people wrong by, for instance, setting Kim Moojin free after having him locked up, and letting Park Gyungchun live despite what the latter put him through. In a turn of events after another, the doubts about Hyunsoo dissipated. Even then, however, there still remained a doubt that Hyunsoo might be the accomplice.

Later on, the real killer of the village head turned out to be his sister Haesoo. Hyunsoo’s persistent search for the accomplice to clear his name has dissipated viewers’ doubts. Then, doubtful viewers started to look at Baek Manwoo, who made Hyunsoo, a wanted suspect, pretend to be his son, as a possible killer. Such a plot twist after another has made people give a thumbs up to the meticulously-written script.

894736e36176a302cc311335f624ffc8b67a61fc

But when I said “I thought it was Lee Joon Gi, but it wasn’t Lee Joon Gi,” I was not merely talking about the drama’s plot. It is also about the way the industry and viewers look at Lee Joon Gi as a leading actor. While in awe because this is not the same ‘Lee Joon Gi’ as they have seen, they are also surprised by his more mature acting skills.

Ever since he skyrocketed to stardom through his movie ‘King and the Clown,’ he has always wowed people with his acting, but how come these people suddenly began to see him in a new light through ‘Flower of Evil’? People sometimes say there’s a moment when actors break the mold they have built for themselves and evolve. It seems now is exactly that moment for Lee Joon Gi.

I have seen him in a wide range of works and he’s been such a multitalented and diligent actor. He has always done a great job, and has always worked hard. This time, he has also succeeded in giving a performance where he looks more comfortable with his role. From some point onwards, it seemed the talent and the hard work that he had put in stood out more prominently off-screen, instead of being absorbed naturally into the project he did. But in ‘Flower of Evil,’ the actor is hooking viewers into the story thoroughly as his character himself. He no longer looks like ‘star Lee Joon Gi,’ but he looks like ‘Do Hyun Soo’ in a crisis.

Watching Do Hyun Soo in the drama, viewers felt chills down their spines early on, and now feel sympathy and sadness for him. He was a complex, mysterious character because initially it was hard to stay whether this cold psychopath was pretending to be a husband and father in a happy family, or he really meant it. But when he told his sister he never loved Cha Jiwon, viewers’ hearts sank. However, as the drama went through ups and downs, both Do Hyunsoo and viewers have come to realize that what he’s been feeling is love. Viewers end up cheering on this desperate character Do Hyunsoo, and it’s because of Lee Joongi’s engrossing performance.

At this point I should mention Kim Chulgyu’s directing skills. In the hands of this director, who presented quality works such as tvN ‘Mother’ and KBS2 ‘On the Way to the Airport,’ Lee Joongi’s acting truly shines through. Director Kim’s magic touch does the trick for the other actors, as well. If anyone doubted Moon Chaewon could play a homicide detective, they should be silent now. He also chose Seo Hyunsoo, a lesser known actor, for the major role of Kim Moojin, and has helped him become a reliable actor.

76102d95316db1c0353a25249079c3c9c4151e05

Viewers would not be tearing up watching the Do Hyunsoo and Cha Jiwon couple who cry desperately, without Lee Joongi and Moon Chaewon’s acting skills, as well as the directing skills of the director who orchestrates the whole drama. This is why I agree with the tagline that describes ‘Flower of Evil’: intense, emotional chase thriller.

I am curious about the ending of ‘Flower of Evil,’ a mysterious viewing experience since it makes us see an actor in a new light and view a genre picture as a romance drama. It has been a meticulously-crafted, entertaining ride, so just a plain ‘happy ending’ would be out of the question. With only five episodes remaining, the drama is raising our expectations, making us wonder how many more plot twists there will be, and what kind of powerful ending ‘Flower of Evil’ will leave us with.

Naver

• Like 1
  • Love 3
  • Thanks 1

*** According to Nielsen Korea, the September 9 episode, which was last night of the tvN, “Flower of Evil” returned with average nationwide ratings of 4.729 percent. The drama did not air last Thursday after filming was put on hold to prevent the spread of COVID-19. This marked a significant increase for the drama, which has remained in the 3 percent range throughout its run. :blush:

• Like 1
  • Wiggle 1

Lee Joon Gi And Moon Chae Won Confront Distressing Reality In “Flower Of Evil”

Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won will have to come to terms with the truth in the upcoming episode of “Flower of Evil”!

The thriller drama is about a man named Do Hyun Soo (Lee Joon Gi), who lives under the identity of Baek Hee Sung to hide his past. His detective wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) begins to suspect that he may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

“Flower of Evil” has been garnering attention with unpredictable developments in each episode. In episode 13, Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won will have to face each other as a suspect and detective, respectively.

The new stills show Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won in his studio. The atmosphere is heavy, and Cha Ji Won is saddened by what she has to do next.

Do Hyun Soo, who wants to make this easy for his wife, doesn’t show any emotions as he holds out his wrists so that she could easily put him in handcuffs.

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-11.jpglee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-11.jpg

Spoiler

Spoiler

Previously on “Flower of Evil,” Choi Jae Sub (Choi Young Joon) was about to arrest Do Hyun Soo as a suspect in the Gagyeong village head murder case, but he decided to give Do Hyun Soo a chance to prove his innocence. Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won then worked together to trap Baek Man Woo (Son Jong Hak), who tried to kill him.

Episode 13 of “Flower of Evil” will air on September 10 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Watch the drama on Viki below:

Watch Now

Source (1)

• Like 1
  • Love 2

*** Based from last night's EP, “Flower of Evil” remained strong: after breaking into the 4 percent range for the very first time the previous night, the drama managed to hold onto its new viewers with its latest episode, which scored an average nationwide rating of 4.5 percent and a peak of 4.9 percent. :blush:  Time flies so fast that I can't believe we only have three episodes of "Flower of Evil" remaining. The drama is really good.  :grin:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

16 K-Drama Posters That Changed Completely In Their Japanese Version

Korean-drama-korean-poster-japanese-post

Korean dramas are sold to other countries and one of their top clients is none other than Japan. K-Drama posters are then adapted in a Japanese version for the broadcasting channel or for DVD jackets.

The Japanese version of the posters has completely different vibes from their original in some cases. On an online community, netizens have been comparing the two versions of the posters.

Here are 16 Korean K-Drama posters that completely changed for the Japanese DVD jackets.

"Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo"

Korean-drama-korean-poster-japanese-post

Comparing the two versions, the Japanese version removed the original background of the poster to add blue and pink colors and glitters (for a majority above). The posters also emphasize on the romance of the drama, removing or adding characters to highlight the romance. If the actors' faces are not clearly seen on the original posters, they find a way to make it clearer on the Japanese version.

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/16-kdrama-posters-that-changed-completely-in-their-japanese-version/

• Love 2