Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

9 hours ago, glassnokamen said:

Totally agree with you!!!! :heart: He's lethal with that uniform!!!!

10 hours ago, zi4r said:
Hyunjun is "police" here, apparently.

Gosh..... He looks lethal....... and it has nothing to do with the huge sniper gun in his hands. He looks soooooo good in black. Arghhhhhh!!!!

Well, it's exact same stuff as online. But I get to feeeeeeeeeeeel him....... hahaha!

happy-dancing-crazy-rabbit-emoticon.gif?

JG in black is all kinds of "rawr" and then in uniform?  :wub: Thank you for taking this role and thank you writer for giving his character some SWAT/police/EOD backstory.  Something tells me I am going to be replaying each episode often in between airings.  <<<hopefully if Dramafever or Viki air it at the same time...please oh please>>>

How DOES JG feel?  :ph34r:  

@missmaudy and @violina Hugs and my latest mantra is "Trust in JG"  

• Like 9

@pixelsticks It's a legitimate concern in LJG career. I can only hope for the best for him. 

Spoiler

I don't think it's the first time for Key East to dispute for their artist. I "think" that they also did the same in another drama. I can only say what the heck because I was not a diehard fan of the affected actor.

But in CM, It never crossed my mind that the same thing will happen to JG.

Until I saw the update on FB, That is when I get alarmed. I hope he is not getting short changed in this drama. 

• Like 5

3 hours ago, missmaudy said:

Hide contents

Until I saw the update on FB, That is when I get alarmed. I hope he is not getting short changed in this drama. 

To what update are you referring to? I haven't much time this week to surf on internet... did I miss something important?

• Like 1

Ok I wasn't really following up on this Japan Magazine voting thing.I only voted for a day I think(hides in shame for being a bad fangirl) but still good news is always meant to be shared.I hear he gets to have an interview with the magazine or something.Anyone who knows better can update us.

• Like 9

4 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I love how JG has 3, count them 3 ladies to keep him looking all gorgeous.

P.S.  And I like to think that JG posed for all these photos to give his fans some crumbs.... :)  

JG the lady and (fanboys) magnet..hehehe sometimes, I wonder if these ladies are actually ONLY "touching and priming him to keep him looking gorgeous" or they are just enjoying the advantage of skinship with him because no one will give them a side eye...either way don't blame them though:D..

7 hours ago, zi4r said:

Something cute to read: http://www.dramabeans.com/2017/06/dramaland-catnip-surprise-youre-a-daddy/

Dramabeans write-up for "Surprise! You're a daddy!" drama-trope  ----  featuring JG's "Two Weeks". 

:heart: I was just like you when I read this..what caught my eye especially was the words you have highlighted.Everything else was just blah blah blah but when I saw that I was just like "yes girl preach".I really am that helpless sometimes.I really need to step outside more and stop being this obsessed.:D

• Like 7

15 hours ago, zi4r said:

And about the little laugh-lines around his eyes..... I wholeheartedly agree!

I've said it before, and I'll say it again:

I know people rave about how young JG looks. I do agree to an extent ---> The usual afflictions that haunt many men of mid-thirties seem to be spared for this man.

But "young" is not really the word for him. "Young" cannot bring such character to his body of work, such presence in his aura, such meaning & life to everything he portrays, be it in photos or acting. His work in MLSHR and all the pics/vids since the new website shows that this is a boy no longer.... He is a true MAN of gravitas, whose commanding presence cannot be denied, no matter what he's doing.

I, for one, do not understand the industry's preoccupation with youthfulness. I love that JG is aging, and aging well. I love how his eyes have deepened throughout the years, how his face has lost its softness, how his every emotion is captured & enhanced by the little lines around his eyes & mouth, how his youthful enthusiasm is now accompanied by the confidence of a man who has weathered through a decade-long career of ups&downs.

I love it all.... because it means he's evolving. And it means that even more greatness lies ahead of him!

And as you said, I hope this means there will be meatier roles that he can really dig into.

57_2h7jUd017svc8hfug4d61vm5_y9yw30_zps1a

http://i61.photobucket.com/albums/h59/pixelsticks/57_2h7jUd017svc8hfug4d61vm5_y9yw30_zps1apoeejm.jpg

Link to pic since it won't post

There is beauty in youth but there is also beauty in aging as well.  For the most part, at least in the Western world (and maybe Korea as well), we tend to overvalue the smooth, blemish free, perfection of young skin and bodies.  As a photographer, it's a hard balance between what is natural and what can be (revealed or hidden)...with the right lighting, PS and such.  Some clients demand perfection (media based) and others want natural. Aging in men is usually more acceptable and desirable than aging in women.  I think that trend is changing a bit; to embrace the greys, wrinkles, extra padding, looser skin...but not fully embraced.  But I tell you, I think JG will age like a fine wine and it will only compliment/add to his acting.   He will be one that I will still search for his next photoshoot, time and time again.  

Edited by pixelsticks
why won't my photobucket pic show??
  • Like 10

7 minutes ago, violina said:

JG the lady and (fanboys) magnet..hehehe sometimes, I wonder if these ladies are actually ONLY "touching and priming him to keep him looking gorgeous" or they are just enjoying the advantage of skinship with him because no one will give them a side eye...either way don't blame them though:D..

Best Job Ever!!  

• Like 6

I left you all for a while and find 2 new pages for reading. I thought - there's finally a trailer so the topic is on fire!!! :w00t: Aaaand... no. :unsure: It's only a month till the d-day. *sigh*

On 29.06.2017 at 1:43 PM, zi4r said:

Has anyone watched it? Am I getting it wrong?!

Seen it in the cinema and I noticed him immediately. But it's only a moment that lasts - what? - half of a second? 

On 29.06.2017 at 4:02 PM, pixelsticks said:

Haha you may be right...but I was thinking over 20 episodes.  That's a long time!  Think about it.  We saw him sitting in a bomb-destroyed room looking all angsty.  The rosary bracelet has to have some "angst" with it.  And one more cry for good measure!  That and he is really good at it!

I still wonder if he'll have a time for crying in the drama. Gosh I wish we could already start to watch CM!

17 hours ago, zi4r said:

My "revelations" are old news, it seems!

No worries we don't mind. It's always a cool moment when someone discovers something. It doesn't matter it was already discovered - enjoy your moment and I'm glad you shared. Esp. that you also shared a gif! Thank you! :)

17 hours ago, zi4r said:

I love that JG is aging, and aging well. I love how his eyes have deepened throughout the years, how his face has lost its softness, how his every emotion is captured & enhanced by the little lines around his eyes & mouth, how his youthful enthusiasm is now accompanied by the confidence of a man who has weathered through a decade-long career of ups&downs.

Please don't stop! You're tossing my heart in honey. :wub:

I so agree. I love his wrinkles and all that you said about him changing in time. He doesn't look like he used to when he was 20-something and it's good. :)

9 hours ago, zi4r said:

Dramabeans write-up for "Surprise! You're a daddy!" drama-trope  ----  featuring JG's "Two Weeks". 

Ok, just the thought about this story melts my heart. I really, really, really love every scene with Tae San and his daughter. Awwww! :wub:

• Like 8

@Lynn11 Thank you for the update!

I am overjoyed to see his Engrish on the post!! Ahahaha!

Seriously though. I've missed his words on IG so much. So lovely see them again. :heart:

@pixelsticks Photobucket is trying to extort you, that's why.

Oh. And..... there's a new article on Naver.

http://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=382&aid=0000575974

Says "[Official] CM broadcast confirmed to premiere for 26th July".

Hope that settles it. Please..... no anymore back & forth. My heart can't take it anymore.

EDIT: Definitely confirmed. Here comes Namoo:

Okay, everybody. I'll post more when I wake. We're having family-night on beach. ^_^

Edited by zi4r
Added Namoo tweet
  • Like 11

@zi4r wth photobucket?  You are dead to me now!

Have fun on the beach!!  And yay!!  Big party on July 26th!!!!

And yay!! JG had more words on his IG.  Allover a good Friday night!

Reading the article, Hyun Joon does a 180 degree turn on character?  So JG. 

• Like 6

@zi4r just for double measure so people don't think they are dreaming:). Namoo updated on Lee Joon Gi's official page and yass my Engrish speaking oppa is back baby...:):heart:

TVN official Facebook page for criminal minds also updated confirming the air date.:)

Happy July Everybody!!!?Get ready to get your adrenaline pumped!!!Hyun Joon is in town this summer to blow your minds with amazingness.Criminal Minds Team Fighting!!!

Edited by violina
More updates
  • Like 10

(This is more CM news than JG news.... but in case you're interested)

Fan translation of the naver article confirming CM premiere date and describing the roles of each character....

And more yummy JG pics:

• Like 10

Hello my dear friends. It has been so long since I have posted but I keep dropping by periodically to see what you guys are doing. You are keeping things running well. Great comments!   Great PIcs! :D

I noticed that a bit of concern surrounds the list of credits for CM.  Worry Not!  Don't think of it as first place starring role vs second. This is an ensemble piece and it puts Joon exactly where he belongs....as one of a prestigious group of A list actors. Deference is given Son Hyun Joo being the senior...for age and length of his acting career.  That is how professionals see it! 

• Like 10

Another Marie Claire interview translation provided by LJG International Fan Club :)

19554083_445634565819608_685562548935111

Spoiler

19511334_445634569152941_386709074554521

19601489_445634572486274_659858712397597

19511495_445634619152936_282740577415934

19511212_445634622486269_769848403646739

19601079_445634632486268_287101608471683

19554325_445634689152929_565735858270391

19598878_445634695819595_424805257314776

19511129_445634709152927_743966482907648

19554181_445634789152919_346481369701907

19511519_445634799152918_182522944859164

19665418_445634815819583_406541573467108

19598837_445634879152910_201225073727412

Edit: :heart: I really love this interview: thank LJG international fan club for the translation. I would like to highlight some passages, but since this are images I don't know how to do that. He's really a sensitive man. He think more about the others than to themselves and he cares toooooo much of what  peoples thinks about him. He's so care about the other that he didn't go out to visit places or to make shopping to not cause trouble to his staff members. And he even cry when is a little drunk... sorry chingus but I really lough when I read this part :D I imagined the scene of him crying because someone told something that moved him :wub:

I really hope he will find the time to make more than one project at year, without sacrifice FM or album of course, since they are his way to recharge battery as he said again in this interview. And it will be good also if he will find a way to enjoy free time without thinking always to work or to fans... but I think this is difficult reading this interview.

About CM: I really love how he describe his charachter. Seems that Hyun-Jun will be a complex character to portrary, and yes @pixelsticks I think we will see more than 3 scenes in which he will cry :tongue: But I think also that we will not have a "briefly expose of his elusive torso" :(

Edited by glassnokamen
Added personal comment.
  • Like 12

Squee! Squee! All kinds of happy!  Thank you tvN for dropping teasers.  Now someone needs to translate them!  

I loved the fact that Hyun Joon walks all cocky in the walkaway shots.  How can someone look so hot walking away?  Plus is he the only one carrying a gun?  Is it to show he's quick to be triggered? 

• Like 9