Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Just now, glassnokamen said:

:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D:D

Haha  I'm gonna use that line on my clients instead of telling them to look towards their future.  I should get some shots with attitude AND a bunch of natural laughs (my goal).   Gosh I would LOVE to shoot JG or a person who REALLY knows how to pose and is comfortable in front of the camera.  But then again, I'd probably fangirl freak out and be useless.  

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

Those cringy cheesy pickup lines that audience love so much and guarantee a success of the drama. :wink: And based on the words behind those underlined - who knows? He said that FORTUNATELY he didn't rejected Goblin or DOTS.

It is but still DOTS are still on people's mind and I really don't think it's a bad drama. But ok I may be the only one person here who liked it. As for popularity - I think it's different in Korea than in USA or anywhere else. I believe actors in Korea don't have that much choice and it's possible that low ratings can kill someone's career. It was so strange case with Moon lovers that Koreans didn't like the drama that much (they prefered typical love story but well... I can't change that) while everywhere else it was such a huge success. That said I really think it's another world in Korea. :wink: I too prefer Joon Gi in quality drama but sometimes... sometimes I think he should make even not so good quality drama but the one that will remind Koreans why they loved him so much in the beginning. And while he's still there.

I believe if you are a good actor...you can and should sell the lines, even cringey ones.  That said. Goblin was not cheesy to me.  Gong Yoo doesn't seem the kind of guy that comfortably delivers cheese and I never felt that way about his portrayal of the Goblin. I think JG's biggest caveat is that he wants the storyline to be strong and not just goofy fun (which I find sad because he can be goofy fun!)  And he wants all the pieces to fit. He is lucky/priviledged that he has the freedom to choose for himself in his own time frame.  I am a fan who is hopeful there is a Romance Drama out there for JG.  And that he is indeed entertaining offers for his next project.  I really feel he has not fully tapped what he CAN do there...you see glimmers with his 2nd leads (sparks/tension/desire) and a bit when he was Kay/Early Tae-San.    

What I have been envisioning (hoping) is that his Hyun Jun character is obviously appealing to the ladies, that he presents himself well (looks and acts like Ryan Gosling in Crazy, Stupid Love) but is low key in his actual connections with females/other people....where he almost seems clueless that he is desirable to females/heck maybe even males...but with a small smirk (you know the one he can do)...he kinda knows his power (but it doesn't mean he is comfortable with it-relationships-and where to go from there).  

• Like 7

3 minutes ago, violina said:

Want to log off and then I see this:wub::

Haha I thought I read...."want to log off WHEN I see this"  Hahaha  Just kidding.  No malintent!  Thank you for sharing!

Oh my Vogue!  Nice!  Kinda bromancey feel to it.  JG bites his finger.  Even SHJ giving us the "wouldn't you like to know" kinda stare.  Showing us their "true" colors by a peek at actual color?  JG is mountains and sky...SHJ is stars and sky.   The art director and I are on similar wavelengths right now.  I so wanted to create a video but don't have the time.  

I've been creating double exposures of JG but haven't found the right one yet. :)  

• Like 7

On 6/22/2017 at 0:20 PM, missmaudy said:

Thanks ladies/girls for the translations.

He did mention DOTS & Goblin. Could there be reasons why he mentioned those two dramas? I read over Soompi about Kim Eun Sook new drama Mr Sunshine, a story about a soldier during pre-Japanese occupation.

KES said "I do have someone in mind. Since the character's narrative is strong and has the large breadth of emotions, the role needs to be played by someone who is very good at acting." Sounds like she is aiming for more substance in her next drama. 

Great actors with strong narrative skill who can deliver wide breadth of emotions--- I wonder if she was describing LJG. 

Back before DOTS was cast, I had hoped LJG would be the lead in it but I guess from what he said at the interview with Vogue he wasn't offered the part in either DOTS or Goblin. I still can't believe that he wasn't even nominated for a Baeksang award for his portrayal of Wang So. Those awards in Korea are really for popularity and probably industry politics. Anyway, Mr. Sunshine sounds like it would be up his alley, even the title suits him :)

• Like 7

On 6/22/2017 at 6:24 PM, cedarwood said:

Maybe his character will be a newbie as a profiler but I doubt he'll be total beginner at police work. 

I'm so excited!!! :)

As for KES dramas and LJG - I'm not a fan of her entire works but she has talent to create great moments. And DOTS were great to watch actually because she finally gavet up creating jerks as heroes. It was so refreshing to watch really nice man as main character and a lady who doesn't lose her character during the drama. :) 

I heard Goblin was promising at the beginning but then it became boring. I hope she'll write good story this time. :) 

I am glad to hear that he won't be a "copy" of Derek Morgan. I like the idea of his character being new to the series. 

@krysyuy I agree with you, I don't think he is on KES's radar because she tends to prefer actors who are really popular in Korea. However having said that, she might be trying to evolve her writing into a more serious and intense piece, in which case our LJG may just fit the bill.

I found Goblin actually boring at the beginning and more interesting in the last 7 episodes when the story started moving forward and secrets revealed. 

• Like 6

It's becoming a trend for JG's IG to post pics around this time. No emojis or hashtags tonight though.  :huh:  And no new pics, but he is like @glassnokamen and likes his "I'm looking cool images."

Off to sleep and work a full day tomorrow.  Maybe JG will post a selfie while I am gone.  See y'all around!

• Like 4

1 hour ago, hiluna said:

I am glad to hear that he won't be a "copy" of Derek Morgan. I like the idea of his character being new to the series. 

@krysyuy I agree with you, I don't think he is on KES's radar because she tends to prefer actors who are really popular in Korea. However having said that, she might be trying to evolve her writing into a more serious and intense piece, in which case our LJG may just fit the bill.

I found Goblin actually boring at the beginning and more interesting in the last 7 episodes when the story started moving forward and secrets revealed. 

Unfortunately (for some of us haha), Lee Byung Hun has been cast as the male lead in Mr. Sunshine. (Ooookay then. o.O;;; )

Anyways, not to get off-topic, as this is LJG's thread after all - it wasn't meant to be! And we have Criminal Minds to look forward to. :D Now, where are those teasers... (+____+)

• Like 4

2 hours ago, krysyuy said:

Unfortunately (for some of us haha), Lee Byung Hun has been cast as the male lead in Mr. Sunshine. (Ooookay then. o.O;;; )

Anyways, not to get off-topic, as this is LJG's thread after all - it wasn't meant to be! And we have Criminal Minds to look forward to. :D Now, where are those teasers... (+____+)

You mean fortunately to some too.  :D  I was the one who started the topic. Sorry about that.

I read the interview again. I think the reason why he mentioned those two big hit dramas was - as though he rejected some rom-com scripts fortunately it doesn't include those two dramas. Otherwise he would have regretted big time.  

• Like 4

11 hours ago, krysyuy said:

Aah well it makes sense. LBH has lived in the States for awhile now and fits the American soldier profile. I wouldn't mind a Goryeo sageuk next for LJG, kind of miss Wang So :(

• Like 2

I didn't think it would be JG anyway, and now with the actor choice I know I'll skip it. I would have watched for Ji Sung. I think the role could have suited him.

@hiluna, aww ah ah. Wang So was glorious indeed. And yeah I need more Joon Gi-goryeo style too ~ Well he won't be far away from sageuk too long I'm sure. But for now I can't wait for criminal minds. Isn't it time for a first trailer already ?? 

• Like 5

On 22/6/2017 at 3:49 AM, glassnokamen said:

@pixelsticks

Here is the link for translation part 1 of Vogue article :). Thanks a kit to ring.of.jg due this translation.

https://equatoring.blogspot.it/?m=1

I think ring.of.jg will add the remaining part in this blog as well. 

Thank you so much for the links... love the interview. we get to know more from him :heart:

@pixelsticks @glassnokamen @violina those vlive pictures... i'm dead. all that beauty in just one post... i can't make my mind about wich one i love the best. i have no words. my mind collapsed..

On 23/6/2017 at 9:14 AM, violina said:

Want to log off and then I see this:wub::

like i wans't dead before.. this was the final blow :wub:

17 hours ago, hiluna said:

Back before DOTS was cast, I had hoped LJG would be the lead in it but I guess from what he said at the interview with Vogue he wasn't offered the part in either DOTS or Goblin. I still can't believe that he wasn't even nominated for a Baeksang award for his portrayal of Wang So. Those awards in Korea are really for popularity and probably industry politics. Anyway, Mr. Sunshine sounds like it would be up his alley, even the title suits him :)

3 hours ago, hiluna said:

Aah well it makes sense. LBH has lived in the States for awhile now and fits the American soldier profile. I wouldn't mind a Goryeo sageuk next for LJG, kind of miss Wang So :(

Secret Garden was my first KES drama and i loved it (marathoned it thrice in a row), then i watched City Hall and it became my top drama for a long time (and made me a CSW fan forever) but i still can't get myself to see DOTS or Goblin (even when i like SJK and GY a lot) so i'm happy LJG won't do it... even if it becomes a rating hit! 

• Like 4

Hi, everyone.

RL kinda went sideways, and I'm trying my best to crawl back out of my Soompi-hiatus cage and get back in the groove. Inspiration is lacking, so it's gonna take some time.

A huge thank-you to everyone who tracked me down on IG, FB & Twitter to cheer me up and keep me company through the dark days.

------------------------

This is kinda cross-post from CM thread. (I will mostly be on that thread, I think..... unless there is some exciting non-CM-related JG news. I'm on doctor's orders to stay away from stress, so I'm taking a step back from fandom, and gonna focus on drama like during MLSHR time.)

@glassnokamen I dunno how confirmed the air-date is, but press has already picked up on the date of 26th July and started running with it. (So if it's not confirmed, TVN needa move their backsides and deny it now, so as to stop confusion.)

The Naver article states that the news is according to a "source" they talked to on the "26th". Maybe Taewon just wanted to use an official poster, rather than a fan-made one, to publish on his IG. In any case, these miscommunication and back-and-forth really needa stop!

On another note, I'm so happy that JG is getting an original character. When I thought JG was Derek, I spent my time just focusing on the fact that he will get to do action scenes, and tried to be happy about it. Because, in truth, I was so worried that Derek's emotional background & depth will be almost impossible to translate into something KR-relatable. (See in spoiler tag for elaboration) And even from solely visual perspective as well, (as someone else from soompi said before,) Derek is so buff and of a traditional macho image.... I was worried JG being a lithe and beautiful man would defy audience expectations in a negative way.

Spoiler

Derek's emotional background stems from: 1) being an african amerian working for law-enforcement, 2) his struggle with religious belief, 3) the sexual abuse he suffered as a child. Nothing really usable to paint a sympathetic character in KR context.

So to see that JG will be allowed to break free from the limitations of the original franchise is a really exciting news for me.

Anyway, hoping to see an official announcement for air-date very soon. My heart can't take any more of this suspense.

EDIT: UPDATE!

TVN has denied the CM premier date of 26th July. The date is "undecided" according to this new article on Naver.

Edited by zi4r
Added update
  • Like 9

On 6/23/2017 at 11:23 PM, krysyuy said:

Wait...is that the guy in PSY's latest video? ^_^  Well good on him I say.  (Although I've not seen Iris or him act).  I think we should be able to debate roles for LJG.  And what we would might like or not like to see him in. 

On 6/24/2017 at 2:19 AM, missmaudy said:

You mean fortunately to some too.  :D  I was the one who started the topic. Sorry about that.

I read the interview again. I think the reason why he mentioned those two big hit dramas was - as though he rejected some rom-com scripts fortunately it doesn't include those two dramas. Otherwise he would have regretted big time.  

Word!

On 6/24/2017 at 2:20 PM, leesopark16 said:

I didn't think it would be JG anyway, and now with the actor choice I know I'll skip it. I would have watched for Ji Sung. I think the role could have suited him.

@hiluna, aww ah ah. Wang So was glorious indeed. And yeah I need more Joon Gi-goryeo style too ~ Well he won't be far away from sageuk too long I'm sure. But for now I can't wait for criminal minds. Isn't it time for a first trailer already ?? 

Me too!  Goryeo style is just so-----handsome!

10 hours ago, zi4r said:

Hi, everyone.

RL kinda went sideways, and I'm trying my best to crawl back out of my Soompi-hiatus cage and get back in the groove. Inspiration is lacking, so it's gonna take some time.

A huge thank-you to everyone who tracked me down on IG, FB & Twitter to cheer me up and keep me company through the dark days.

------------------------

This is kinda cross-post from CM thread. (I will mostly be on that thread, I think..... unless there is some exciting non-CM-related JG news. I'm on doctor's orders to stay away from stress, so I'm taking a step back from fandom, and gonna focus on drama like during MLSHR time.)

@glassnokamen I dunno how confirmed the air-date is, but press has already picked up on the date of 26th July and started running with it. (So if it's not confirmed, TVN needa move their backsides and deny it now, so as to stop confusion.)

The Naver article states that the news is according to a "source" they talked to on the "26th". Maybe Taewon just wanted to use an official poster, rather than a fan-made one, to publish on his IG. In any case, these miscommunication and back-and-forth really needa stop!

On another note, I'm so happy that JG is getting an original character. When I thought JG was Derek, I spent my time just focusing on the fact that he will get to do action scenes, and tried to be happy about it. Because, in truth, I was so worried that Derek's emotional background & depth will be almost impossible to translate into something KR-relatable. (See in spoiler tag for elaboration) And even from solely visual perspective as well, (as someone else from soompi said before,) Derek is so buff and of a traditional macho image.... I was worried JG being a lithe and beautiful man would defy audience expectations in a negative way.

Hide contents

Derek's emotional background stems from: 1) being an african amerian working for law-enforcement, 2) his struggle with religious belief, 3) the sexual abuse he suffered as a child. Nothing really usable to paint a sympathetic character in KR context.

So to see that JG will be allowed to break free from the limitations of the original franchise is a really exciting news for me.

Anyway, hoping to see an official announcement for air-date very soon. My heart can't take any more of this suspense.

EDIT: UPDATE!

TVN has denied the CM premier date of 26th July. The date is "undecided" according to this new article on Naver.

Hugs for you @zi4r!!  Image result for lee joon gi hugging

For some stress relief, put yourself in a tub...like right here...

Image result for lee joon gi hugging 

P.S.  I cannot supply the smiling hot guy to be included in said bath...  sorry!

And gosh....tvn & taewon...make an official statement...even if it is to say...no official date yet!  

• Like 7

I guess until we see the official promo posters and press conference.Any news about criminal minds should be taken with a grain of salt, especially on unofficial sources like naver and instagram. Anyways using my today's free time 'wisely' , I had to dig into my JG treasure box and have to spam the forum with my favourite JG related hobby.Today I present you a gif parade of two of JG's appearances in a documentary and variety show.First up:

tvN World special "LOVE" - Indonesia with Lee Jun Ki 

1. Its been 8 years since this video was shot. Beautiful then, still beautiful now.

tumblr_om192kxuxM1tdfsf6o2_400_zps10xdjw

2. volunteer work is much more meaningful when done with a smile and a joyful attitude

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o10_400_zpsgfmnm

Spoiler

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o8_400_zpssoccj5

3. ok guys lee joon gi really knows his way in the kitchen. My ear candy kitchen chaos just happened to be one of those times, when the kitchen betrays you when you are trying to showcase your cooking skills.look how serious and full concentration he is; he really does take his food seriously:D:D:D.

ji1do1_zpskotvshel.gif

2pplmpg_zpsiga1ac5p.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o1_400_zpsbviyzw

4. Dependable big brother

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o4_400_zpsvqbxhh

5. A resourceful guy

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o6_400_zpse5hmtz

6. A guy with a very big BIG heart

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o7_400_zpsmep69s

7.We have said this a million times already now.Seeing JG playing with kids is just so heart warming.

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o2_400_zpspz1n1i

Spoiler

tumblr_om0bee1KGT1tdfsf6o5_400_zpsfg3i8v

All credits go to the original gif uploders

• Like 8

For my goodday/goodnight parade; I leave you guys with some gifs from family outing:

1.Cute then, still hella cute now

b746ce361bdb805e9b85ec1b48616e47o_zpsybf

Spoiler

ac5cca5d78c45aad4f3af3b447e96ba8o_zpsami

2d8c8e62224081ef0142fd4045c2fbb2o_zpsmdn

2. He was extra then, He is still ALOOOOT more extra now

1c2c2d30b861512431df3cb5e4600e5fo_zpsacg

e390b967c08c8400a833e92df16156f6o_zpswin

Spoiler

e6fcc00350374d1e0c44476f8772b535o_zpsvvd

df4c98e80e49cc28a1740db3fb0e0ad6o_zps95h

f4276875ab10cfa73d48849183a50810o_zpsxjf