Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

On 8/26/2020 at 3:28 PM, Tuiwgn said:

Oh, Oh, OH, does that mean a happy ending

@Tuiwgn, I hope it's a happy-ending since I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories.................. Lee Junki hints more on the final episode of his ongoing drama via live on his Instagram that the final script for its 16th episode has been completed. He said that reading it makes him almost cry. Filming of 'Flower of Evil' is paused due to the re-spike of COVID-19 cases in South Korea. It's better (to halt filming) for everyone's safety. Now, he has time to rest for a while since he's just at home. In case you missed the live broadcast, you can watch the replay below. :blush:

video credit : kstarlive

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

*** He resembles Lee Junki a lot. This rookie actor currently plays as the young Lee Junki in 'Flower of Evil.' His role in the drama marked his acting debut. Park Hyunjoon is his name and was active as a singer with his stage name Rue. :blush: They are similar in height. He then shared a funny experience he had at the filming site because he looks like Lee Junki. He told, "On the first day of the filming, I wore a school uniform and the staff members suddenly bowed to me 90 degrees. I was so surprised why they would do so to a newbie like me. Later, I found out that they'd thought I was Lee Junki." :grin:

1598410353788-0.jpg

1598410723638-1598410723638.png

Pictures credit : kstarlive

• Like 2
  • LOL 2

3 hours ago, willenette said:

@Tuiwgn, I hope it's a happy-ending since I'm a sucker for happy-ending stories.................. Lee Junki hints more on the final episode of his ongoing drama via live on his Instagram that the final script for its 16th episode has been completed. He said that reading it makes him almost cry. Filming of 'Flower of Evil' is paused due to the re-spike of COVID-19 cases in South Korea. It's better (to halt filming) for everyone's safety. Now, he has time to rest for a while since he's just at home. In case you missed the live broadcast, you can watch the replay below. :blush:

@willenette  Oh no, " the ending makes him almost cry..." My heart cannot take another sad ending... why does JG's drama rarely has happy ending.

Thank you so much for posting the replay!!!   I stayed up for the entire  broadcast:lol:, it was good seeing him  even though not quite understanding what he is saying though...  listening to his voice was suffice:wub:

Hope everyone is safe in South Korea and the rest of the world really. Covid 19, please go away ...

• Like 5

*** “Flower of Evil” remains No. 1 among Wednesday-Thursday night dramas! The latest episode of the series scored an average nationwide rating of 3.7 percent and a peak of 4.0 percent, marking a slight increase in viewership from its previous episode the night before. Beautiful drama! This  is highly recommended. It  is really well written. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1
  • Wiggle 2

I just finished watching Lee Joon Gi's IG live (as translated by the always amazing JG Gunman) and there is one part where he was talking about how he went about performing hyun soo's character. He mentioned that Hyun soo was a difficult character to express dramatically; instead of showing a wide spectrum of emotions, he had to intentionally withhold certain expressions to be able to play him well. In order to understand hee sung's character, he wanted the fans to observe the micro expressions and guess what was intentionally withheld in his performance. 

I really appreciated the thought put into the performance and i feel his interpretation of Hyun Soo is the main reason that what drives viewer's empathy and attachment to the drama (even though to be fair, most of the characters are quite likeable). I mean, up until now, his character does not get a lot of emotional scenes or powerful dialogue, and those are key building blocks for an actor to establish his/her character well. It is a role that puts a lot of pressure on the actor himself to build that relationship with the viewer, and I feel that he has done so spectacularly. 

Judging from some key scenes, it seems like the real hyun soo is overwhelmed with fear most of the time. If you observe closely, the actor often withholds this particular expression from his facial performance, but tells us this through his body language. 

for example:
1) in the basement scene with jiwon, his face portrays anger, but the ragged breathing and shaky body language portrays deep panic and fear
2) when Ji won says that she hates him, hates sleeping next to him or watching him eat, although his facial expression is calm and his speech is steady, Joon Gi takes a sharp breathe in between each line of the script to tell the viewer that the character is panicking/frightened during this exchange. 

3) even in one of the previews, where he and jiwon are in an interrogation room, while he stares at his wife with the blank look of a serial killer, his hands are shaking as if he is worried or scared. 

I think its these little inconsistencies that draw the viewer to Hyun soo's character and make us feel for him even though he was still a mystery right up until ep 8. I really think lee joon gi is such a great  actor, i hope one day he will go back to making movies and be more internationally renowned for his great work. 

• Like 1
  • Love 3

On 8/27/2020 at 8:17 PM, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette  Oh no, " the ending makes him almost cry..." My heart cannot take another sad ending... why does JG's drama rarely has happy ending.

Thank you so much for posting the replay!!!   I stayed up for the entire  broadcast:lol:, it was good seeing him  even though not quite understanding what he is saying though...  listening to his voice was suffice:wub:

Hope everyone is safe in South Korea and the rest of the world really. Covid 19, please go away ...

@Tuiwgn,   he hosted an almost one hour Instagram live that night of August 26, and actively interacted with the fans. Wearing plain white shirt and later on puts specs.  Lee Joon Gi’s visual never fails to make us fall deeper even in the simplest look. What I just noticed was he looked sleepy or just newly woke-up - is it just me? But, he showed that evening his real & usual cheerful and lively side! He was reading the comments and even mentioning their names. Lee Joon Gi was so jolly. He didn’t stop from talking. Remember the popular TikTok whoa move where your arms are in the alternate ways? Lee Joon Gi also did that, right? He even played songs in the background and sang with it partially dancing to the beat. He was also encouraging the viewers to listen and sing. Lee Joon Gi literally spent the night with his fans making them happy & vice-versa.  He is so adorable and no doubt why many people love him as an actor and as an individual. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Love 3

*** Apologize for posting this. It can't be deleted anymore..................... :o

When the gender of 17 male celebrities changed! Jo In-Sung and Kim Soo-hyun are so amazing; are Jung Woo-Sung and Cha Eun-woo Japanese beauties?

The gender conversion filter app that reverses the gender of men and women is too popular. Fans for sure have tried and played this kind of app. What will happen when these handsome male stars become girls?

(deleted picture, which isn't LJK .....)

credit : Korea Star Daily

https://www.koreastardaily.com/tc/news/129610

• Where's My Oppa? 1

17 hours ago, willenette said:

he hosted an almost one hour Instagram live that night of August 26, and actively interacted with the fans. Wearing plain white shirt and later on puts specs.  Lee Joon Gi’s visual never fails to make us fall deeper even in the simplest look. What I just noticed was he looked sleepy or just newly woke-up - is it just me? But, he showed that evening his real & usual cheerful and lively side! He was reading the comments and even mentioning their names. Lee Joon Gi was so jolly. He didn’t stop from talking. Remember the popular TikTok whoa move where your arms are in the alternate ways? Lee Joon Gi also did that, right? He even played songs in the background and sang with it partially dancing to the beat. He was also encouraging the viewers to listen and sing. Lee Joon Gi literally spent the night with his fans making them happy & vice-versa.  He is so adorable and no doubt why many people love him as an actor and as an individual. :blush:

@willenette,  how can we not adore him? :wub:

I didn't think he looked sleepy, although he did apologise for having a puffy face during the talk - of which I don't know why he needs to apologise ... But I did notice a scratch  under his right eye which he used a lot of make up to cover it up ...:wacko: And boy, can this man talk and never a bore moment too ( I am following gunman on instagram and got to rewatch it with subs)

yet, first and foremost for me, Lee Joon Gi is such a great actor and he is still getting better and better. This is what I admire about him, a real professional , always trying to find ways to improve and to grow as an actor, dedicated and hardworking. I think this is why so many fans have stayed by his side for so long, not to mention his adorable personality  , his athleticism, dancing and singing  and his look is just unique. I hope to see more of him in future and would love to go to the fan meeting when covid is over...

17 hours ago, willenette said:

Lee Jun Ki: European and American Beauty

But the image is NOT Lee Joon Gi, :facepalm:   JG is far far prettier , (my opinion)

The image is  ryusdb 柳俊烈,  

18 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

I just finished watching Lee Joon Gi's IG live (as translated by the always amazing JG Gunman) and there is one part where he was talking about how he went about performing hyun soo's character. He mentioned that Hyun soo was a difficult character to express dramatically; instead of showing a wide spectrum of emotions, he had to intentionally withhold certain expressions to be able to play him well. In order to understand hee sung's character, he wanted the fans to observe the micro expressions and guess what was intentionally withheld in his performance. 

I really appreciated the thought put into the performance and i feel his interpretation of Hyun Soo is the main reason that what drives viewer's empathy and attachment to the drama (even though to be fair, most of the characters are quite likeable). I mean, up until now, his character does not get a lot of emotional scenes or powerful dialogue, and those are key building blocks for an actor to establish his/her character well. It is a role that puts a lot of pressure on the actor himself to build that relationship with the viewer, and I feel that he has done so spectacularly. 

Judging from some key scenes, it seems like the real hyun soo is overwhelmed with fear most of the time. If you observe closely, the actor often withholds this particular expression from his facial performance, but tells us this through his body language. 

for example:
1) in the basement scene with jiwon, his face portrays anger, but the ragged breathing and shaky body language portrays deep panic and fear
2) when Ji won says that she hates him, hates sleeping next to him or watching him eat, although his facial expression is calm and his speech is steady, Joon Gi takes a sharp breathe in between each line of the script to tell the viewer that the character is panicking/frightened during this exchange. 

3) even in one of the previews, where he and jiwon are in an interrogation room, while he stares at his wife with the blank look of a serial killer, his hands are shaking as if he is worried or scared. 

I think its these little inconsistencies that draw the viewer to Hyun soo's character and make us feel for him even though he was still a mystery right up until ep 8. I really think lee joon gi is such a great  actor, i hope one day he will go back to making movies and be more internationally renowned for his great work. 

@chickenchopflipflop83 Totally agree with you. JG is amazing in this drama, his subtle and micro expression  just draw you into the character. When he is on screen , all eyes are focused on him, he is mesmerising!!!

I have to watch each episode of  Flower Of Evil at least three times-  without sub to focus on the acting , with sub so I know what's going on, and all together to appreciate it in its fullness...

I also hope he goes back to making movies and more people can appreciate what a fine actor he is !

• Like 5

Korean Drama Actors Brand Reputation Rankings For August + Find Out Who's Number One

the-august-korean-drama-actor-brand-repu

The Korean Business Research Institute has announced the brand reputation ranking of Korean drama actors for the month of August.

The brand reputation ranking is a survey of a Korean organization that shows how much the media, traditional or social talked about or searched a particular Korean drama actor in the past month. It may be positively or negatively. As they say, good or bad publicity is still good publicity since people is still talking about you and makes you famous.

The said survey or ranking had been made by means of an evaluation of the buyer participation, media coverage, communication, and neighborhood familiarity with 50 actors using big information collected from July 27 to August 28.

the-august-korean-drama-actor-brand-repu

The next place (3rd) was declared to be actor Lee Joon Gi who currently leads in the drama "Flower of Evil," with the rating score of 3,290,796.

Check out the Top 30 actors on the Brand Reputation Rankings list for this month of August! (The list is in order)

1. Kim Soo Hyun
2. Cho Seung Woo
3. Lee Joon Gi
4. So Ye Ji
5. Moon Chae Won
6. Oh Jung Se
7. Lee Min Jung
8. Han Da Gam
9. Bae Doona
10. Shin So Yul
11. Im Soo Hyang
12. Kim Yoo Jung
13. Oh Jung Se
14. Oh Yoon Ah
15. Lee Sang Yeob
16. Jang Seung Jo
17. Music Ji Hyo
18. Ji Chang Wook
19. Lee Joon Hyuk
20. Ha Seok Jin
21. Park Gyu Younger
22. Lee Jung Eun
23. Kim So Eun
24. Cha Hwa Yeon
25. Lee Cho Hee
26. Hwang Jung Eum
27. Ji Soo
28. Choi Moo Sung
29. Ji Hyun Woo
30. Song Yoon Ah

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118796/20200829/korean-drama-actors-brand-reputation-rankings-for-august-find-out-whos-number-one.htm

• Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

7 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette,  how can we not adore him? :wub:

I didn't think he looked sleepy, although he did apologise for having a puffy face during the talk - of which I don't know why he needs to apologise ... But I did notice a scratch  under his right eye which he used a lot of make up to cover it up ...:wacko: And boy, can this man talk and never a bore moment too ( I am following gunman on instagram and got to rewatch it with subs)

yet, first and foremost for me, Lee Joon Gi is such a great actor and he is still getting better and better. This is what I admire about him, a real professional , always trying to find ways to improve and to grow as an actor, dedicated and hardworking. I think this is why so many fans have stayed by his side for so long, not to mention his adorable personality  , his athleticism, dancing and singing  and his look is just unique. I hope to see more of him in future and would love to go to the fan meeting when covid is over...

But the image is NOT Lee Joon Gi,    JG is far far prettier , (my opinion)

The image is  ryusdb 柳俊烈,  

@Tuiwgn, ye, you're right. He's Ryu Junyeol. Thanks for the correction. :anguished:

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“Flower Of Evil” Director Explains His Intentions Behind Impactful Episode Ending Scenes

e72233a3448b466386c67e43a9afb866.jpeg?s=

The director of “Flower of Evil” has broken down the way certain scenes are filmed and the message he aims to portray.

tvN’s “Flower of Evil” stars Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

The suspenseful thriller has been boasting impressive viewership ratings thanks to its exciting plot, but also in part due to the extremely impactful endings of each episode. Though every episode had its own unique and eye-catching conclusion, director Kim Chul Gyu picked the three most thrilling endings and described his specific intentions for each one.

Spoilers

Spoiler

Episode 1 – Usage of space and the basement that holds the secrets behind Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won’s seemingly happy marriage

The premiere of “Flower of Evil” depicted the happy everyday life between married couple Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won. However, the ending threw in an extreme twist by revealing Baek Hee Sung’s true identity as Do Hyun Soo and his workshop on the first floor. Lastly, they revealed the secret basement where he had locked up Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo), who knows Do Hyun Soo’s secret.

Regarding his reason for picking this divisive two-story house to portray these secrets, Kim Chul Gyu explained, “In terms of video content, I think that a character’s environment often explains their personality or circumstances better than any line or story.”

He continued, “In that aspect, the second floor is the warm and peaceful family space, whereas the first floor is the workshop and the space that connects them to the outer world and other people. Deciding on the basement as the place to hold his dark secret fits with Do Hyun Soo’s complicated and secretive situation. I thought that having all these separate places in one location was necessary for the character Do Hyun Soo to be able to move between his extremely complex and multilayered sides and carry on this interesting and nerve-wracking storyline.”

lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won.jpeg

Episode 5 – Contrasts, the music video, and Moon Chae Won’s emotions after seeing Lee Joon Gi unconscious

The ending of episode 5 had viewers extremely emotional when Cha Ji Won sobbed as she saved Do Hyun Soo from drowning. In his hazy state, Do Hyun Soo looked upon his wife and experienced a change in emotion. Unlike his past self, who insisted that he didn’t understand emotion, he recognized what it was like to feel apologetic for the first time and experienced regret. The scene showed Cha Ji Won’s reflection in the water as she saved her husband, and some viewers interpreted this to mean that she was saving not only Baek Hee Sung, but also his hidden identity Do Hyun Soo.

Regarding this view, Kim Chul Gyu shared, “This drama has a ton of hidden contrasts. Most notably, the contrast between good and bad, lies and truth, love and hate, and though this is a slightly different concept, the contrast between melodrama and thriller. I think the way these conflicting ideas are all in full force creates the tension that becomes the strength that carries the plot.”

The director added, “In the middle of it is the character Do Hyun Soo, who strongly contrasts with the other characters within the drama. He simultaneously has all of the contrasts mentioned previously within himself.

To put it simply, he’s a troublesome character (not only to himself, but to other characters as well), but he’s also a charming character because of that. I believe that the ending to episode 5 symbolically shows what kind of character Do Hyun Soo is.”

Additionally, after the episode, the drama aired a music video depicting Cha Ji Won’s emotional scene, rather than a preview for their next broadcast. Regarding this decision, the director commented, “There were two intentions. The first is that episodes 1 to 5 focused on incidents, and the end of episode 5 marked this midway point. I wanted to send the message that starting from episode 6, we would be focusing more on emotion rather than specific incidents and portraying a slightly different story for the time being.”

He continued, “The second is that the impact of having Do Hyun Soo in a critical state in the ending was too strong. Realistically, we judged that immediately showing him in a different way in the preview would be uncomfortable.”

flower-of-evil.jpeg

Episode 8 – The real Baek Hee Sung vs. the fake Baek Hee Sung

In episode 8, viewers were shocked to see the real Baek Hee Sung (played by Kim Ji Hoon) wake up after being unconscious. This scene was juxtaposed with the face of the fake Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi), who had been using his name and identity, and gave viewers the chills.

With regards to this legendary ending, Kim Chul Gyu shared, “What viewers are probably most curious about are, ‘What is the real Baek Hee Sung going to do?’ ‘What kind of role will he play?’ and ‘What will be the relationship between the two Baek Hee Sung?’ I think this ending emerged as we thought about what would heighten the curiosity about these questions.”

Episode 9 left an impact with its explosive ending depicting the tense emotions between Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won, while episode 10 portrayed an emotional ending as Cha Ji Won’s fellow detective discovered her husband’s true identity. With comments from viewers like, “Every episode seems like the finale,” viewers expectations and excitement for the remaining episodes only continue to rise.

Catch the next episode of “Flower of Evil” on Wednesday, September 2 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Thursday’s episode will be replaced by a special broadcast.

Watch the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 3
  • Love 1
  • Thanks 1

‘Flower of Evil’: Lee Joongi portrays growth of Do Hyunsoo who lacks emotion … Eliciting both fluttering hearts and maternal instincts

Lee Joongi’s ‘Do Hyun Soo’ has reached the hearts of viewers.

Portraying the growth of protagonist Do Hyunsoo in tvN’s Wed/Thu drama ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi has, once again, wowed the viewers with his acting.

c8d4fe127129f2282181eeedd63aa74cee9ed5a8

Earlier in the drama, Lee Joongi left an indelible impression as Baek Heeseong, who hides his real identity as murder suspect Do Hyunsoo. He is a loving and caring husband and father, but changes completely when his real identity is about to get exposed, stoking doubts in viewers as a murder suspect.

But as the story unfolds, the doubts about him have turned into cheers and maternal instincts. Even though he appears unable to feel emotions, the behaviors he has unconsciously displayed reflect the true feelings he has deep inside of him. In the tense psychological warfare with his wife Cha Jiwon (Moon Chaewon), who’s found out about Heeseong’s real identity, viewers have related to the constantly changing emotional complexity in Do Hyunsoo.

51060bb66171431e5cbe740a2f207cd1402cc990

Although lacking in emotional empathy, Do Hyunsoo has won the hearts of viewers because of actor Lee Joongi’s acting. In the earlier episodes, Lee Joongi surprised viewers by shifting effortlessly between warm-hearted Baek Heeseong and cold-hearted, creepy Do Hyunsoo. But his acting really shines through as Do Hyunsoo’s real identity gets gradually revealed.

With his facial expressions alone, Lee Joongi has perfectly portrayed the change in Do Hyunsoo, who couldn’t feel the emotion of love, as he meets Cha Jiwon. His small face fully expresses those complex emotions ranging from embarrassment, anxiety, and fear, which Hyunsoo has about the feelings he’s never experienced before, to the genuine feelings he starts to develop for Jiwon. His acting has naturally led viewers to identify with Do Hyunsoo.

fb408b12b409b425e608a2640c508752917339a1

The ‘Do Hyun Soo’ as created by Lee Joongi’s dedicated emotional acting has drawn acclaim that this is the ‘character you’ve never seen before,’ writing a new page in the history of characters lacking in emotion. Lee Joongi has successfully created a multifaceted character through his detailed emotional expression, touching the viewers of ‘Flower of Evil.’ He has once again reminded us of his reputation as ‘reliable actor’ and continues to demonstrate his masterful acting that know no bounds.

tvN’s ‘Flower of Evil’ led by Lee Joongi airs every Wednesday and Thursday at 10:50 pm.

Source: 1 2

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 9 & 10 Of “Flower Of Evil”

Episodes 9 and 10 of tvN’s “Flower of Evil” embody the meme of Elmo when he stands with his hands in the air with flames burning gallantly behind him. Chaos ensues for both Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) and Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) as they navigate their marriage and try and find Do Min Seok’s (Choi Byung Mo) accomplice before the truth of his identity comes to light. While it’s mostly filled with angst and despair, viewers can’t help but bask in it. Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi deliver flawless performances, and their chemistry oozes in every scene they share. Here are the things we loved and hated about the new episodes.

Warning: spoilers for the new episodes below. 

Spoiler

LOVED: Do Hae Soo saying Cha Ji Won is precious to Baek Hee Sung

The biggest debate between the characters every week is if Hee Sung is capable of feeling emotions. After being diagnosed with an anti-social personality disorder when he was young, Hee Sung has adamantly believed that he is incapable of feeling emotion. When marital problems arise, Hee Sung quickly calls a meeting with Kim Mu Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) and Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin). He admits that Ji Won told him she doesn’t love him anymore, and he doesn’t know how to fix it. While they try and figure out a solution, Hae Soo admits that Ji Won must be precious to Hee Sung. Of course, Hee Sung tries to brush it off but Hae Soo persists.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil4.gif

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil51.gif

The scenes between the Do siblings are always so heartwarming. It’s clear that Hae Soo understands her brother the most and can tell what he’s feeling even if he can’t. When she admits that Ji Won must be precious to him, viewers’ hearts can only melt. After she finishes explaining what she means, Hee Sung doesn’t make any other comment. Even if he doesn’t believe it fully yet, some part of him must know that he does in fact love his family.

LOVED: The “I miss you” scene

The most gut-wrenching scene this week is definitely when Ji Won confronts Hee Sung and tells him she wants to end their marriage because she has fallen out of love. Seriously, talk about a knife through the heart. However, as the serial murder case continues, she finds herself torn between her feelings. She admits to herself with tears that she misses Hee Sung and later on repeats these thoughts out loud to him over the phone after realizing he’s in danger.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil62.gif
lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil71.gif

any reasons. Ji Won recognizing that Hee Sung is in danger is impressive. She’s very quick-witted, and instead of freaking out, she takes control of the situation. The way Hee Sung effortlessly goes along with her request proves how great they work together. Then, of course, viewers will love the part where she admits that she misses him. When she crushed all of Hee Sung’s dreams earlier in the episode, it really seemed like there was no hope for their relationship. However, it’s clear that she wants to give him one last chance. It is such a tender scene, and it builds up nicely to their park scene where Ji Won dawns on the realization that she was all he ever had.

lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil

lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil

K-dramas have had some pretty awesome pairings this year, and these two are definitely shaping up to be one of the best.

LOVED: Hae Soo’s phone call to Ji Won

Is there anything better than a protective big sister? Tired of sitting around and being guilt-ridden that her brother has taken the fall for her past actions, Hae Soo decides to set the record straight. She has an emotional phone call with Ji Won where she admits that Hyun Soo is not the killer. While she doesn’t admit that she was the killer, she promises to tell Ji Won all of the details once she finishes what she has to do.

Hae Soo is such a strong and resilient character. She has been through so much, and one can only imagine all of the emotions she has dealt with over the years. It’s awesome that she is taking control of her narrative in her own way. Instead of just sitting idly by, she wants to make things right for her brother. Not only does this help Hyun Soo, but it also gives her an opportunity for some healing. She wants to make things right on her own terms, and this was the first step to doing so.

LOVED: Ji Won’s phone call with Do Hyun Soo

Miscommunication is a popular trope for angst in K-dramas, and it has been undeniably agonizing in the past few weeks of “Flower of Evil.” Although Ji Won has known the truth about her husband, she has not made it known, and Hee Sung has made no move to come clean to her. However, all of that changes when Ji Won calls Hee Sung with Hyun Soo’s number. She asks him about the cassette tape and eventually tells him to stay safe during the raid of the human trafficking ring. After she hangs up, Hee Sung has the sudden realization that she called around the time she promised to call him earlier when they spoke on the phone as husband and wife.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil2.gif
lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil31.gif

Did anyone else jump for joy or sigh deeply in relief at this scene? Finally, finally, all of their cards are on the table. While it wasn’t said with many words, this changes their dynamic completely. From this point forward, no matter how things turn out, they have to be working together in some capacity. Hyun Soo now knows that Ji Won accepts him completely. Judging from the promo for episode 11, their angst period won’t be ending any time soon, but it’s exhilarating to know that their deep support and mutual love for each other will shine through. Moon Chae Won and Lee Joon Gi’s chemistry truly shines in this scene ,and you can feel how deeply the characters love each other.

HATED: Baek Man Woo promising to give Ji Won and Eun Ha to his real son

Baek Man Woo (Son Jong Hak) proves to be the shadiest character in the show. Since we know from previous episodes that murder isn’t above him, his conversation with the real Baek Hee Sung (Kim Ji Hoon) is downright chilling. When the real Hee Sung inquires about the man who took over his life and his current physical condition, Man Woo promises him that he can have a fairytale ending.

While the conversation itself is a little vague, it really comes across as if he’s going to get rid of Hyun Soo and make Ji Won and Eun Ha (Jung Seo Yeon) be apart of his family. The fact that he thinks he could make Ji Won and Eun Ha take part in such a scheme is even more unsettling. They aren’t inanimate objects to be given away. Not to mention, it was clear from the premiere episodes that he didn’t want to have any part in Ji Won’s and Eun Ha’s lives, so why is he so eager to give them away to his son? He is sly and insidious, and he is definitely shaping up to be a formidable villain in the show.

Catch the new episodes below: 

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 1

15 hours ago, willenette said:

HATED: Baek Man Woo promising to give Ji Won and Eun Ha to his real son

Baek Man Woo (Son Jong Hak) proves to be the shadiest character in the show. Since we know from previous episodes that murder isn’t above him, his conversation with the real Baek Hee Sung (Kim Ji Hoon) is downright chilling. When the real Hee Sung inquires about the man who took over his life and his current physical condition, Man Woo promises him that he can have a fairytale ending.

While the conversation itself is a little vague, it really comes across as if he’s going to get rid of Hyun Soo and make Ji Won and Eun Ha (Jung Seo Yeon) be apart of his family. The fact that he thinks he could make Ji Won and Eun Ha take part in such a scheme is even more unsettling. They aren’t inanimate objects to be given away. Not to mention, it was clear from the premiere episodes that he didn’t want to have any part in Ji Won’s and Eun Ha’s lives, so why is he so eager to give them away to his son? He is sly and insidious, and he is definitely shaping up to be a formidable villain in the show.

Hein,  how did I miss that? :o

I remember senior Baek did say he will give his son a happy life ,,, something along that line, but not taking JiWon and Eun Ha away from DHS, goodness - must go back and rewatch:crazymad:

This drama is so good - we have to pay attention to all the details ...

15 hours ago, willenette said:

LOVED: Ji Won’s phone call with Do Hyun Soo

This is my favourite part and JG nailed the emotions, no need for words- we , viewers know exactly what has gone through DHS's mind , so good, so good....

And kudos to writer, I like how this is revealed to DHS that his wife knows his real identity !

• Like 2

Lee Joon Gi, Seo Hyun Woo, And Jang Hee Jin Face Unexpected Trouble In “Flower Of Evil”

d20afd27b47e4e1db195ae545a79cd5e.jpeg?s=

The suspense is growing in tvN’s “Flower of Evil”!

The drama stars Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past as Do Hyun Soo and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoiler

Spoiler

In the upcoming episode, Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin) will visit Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) in efforts to help find the real culprit behind the serial killing cases after Do Hyun Soo is accused of being an accomplice. In the newly released stills, Kim Moo Jin’s face appears beaten up and bruised. Do Hae Soo looks at him with a gaze full of concern and fear, hinting that something serious has occurred.

Previously, Do Hyun Soo planned a deal with Yum Sang Chul (Kim Ki Moo) of the human trafficking gang to find the true identity of the accomplice. He agreed to exchange 100 million won (approximately $84,340) for the kidnapping victim as well as the accomplice’s picture and name. However, Do Hyun Soo had set up a plan to act as bait and to round up the terrible gang by sharing the information of the exchange with the detectives including Cha Ji Won. Furthermore, Do Hyun Soo asked Kim Moo Jin for help just in case, but no one could be certain whether the dangerous plan would succeed.

With the way Kim Moo Jin appears, it’s difficult to be optimistic that the plan has completely succeeded. Furthermore, tension continues to flow between Kim Moo Jin and Do Hae Soo, who seems to be in great shock despite her resolve to face any danger for the sake of her younger brother. Viewers are curious to discover how Kim Moo Jin has gotten injured and for what reason Do Hae Soo has chosen to visit him.

More stills also reveal Do Hyun Soo captured and bleeding. He maintains a fierce gaze even while kneeling in front of Yum Sang Chul, who connected the victims to the real culprit and accomplice in the past serial killings.

Flower-of-Evil.jpg

With Do Hyun Soo’s hand tightly tied up and Yum Sang Chul’s sly smile, the stills hint that a dangerous situation might unfold in the upcoming episode, raising curiosity as to whether Do Hyun Soo will able to keep his promise and return safely home according to Cha Ji Won’s wishes.

Flower-of-Evil-21.jpg

The production team shared that the incident will act as a catalysis that causes Do Hyun Soo’s emotions to explode in a way viewers have yet to see. They added, “Please keep an eye out for what decision Do Hyun Soo and Cha Ji Won will make as they stand in front of a truth that could ruin their lives.”

The next episode of “Flower of Evil” airs on September 2 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Catch the latest episode below:

Watch Now

Source (1) (2) / soompi news

• Like 2
  • Love 2