Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

7 hours ago, dejun said:

@willenette, My most favorite and best JG drama is still Iljimae.  I got to know JG for the first time when I watched this hugely popular Iljimae when it aired at that time in 2008.  The viewers that were watching this drama were tremendous.  It was like practically everyone was watching this show.  Iljimae captivated and amazed me just like what Moon Lovers captivated so many viewers in 2016.

I could see there were 3 shows pivotal to JG's huge popularity up to this day.  The first one was the The King and the Clown movie that raise him to stardom then Iljimae drama that further heighten his immense popularity and lastly Moon Lovers Scarlet Heart Ryeo that propels his popularity to yet another level.  I'm just curious to see if there will be another one that will continue to make him to stay at the top. ^_^

I mean his fans I have seen back in My Girl's days and after Iljimae's days till after Lawless Lawyer's days don't seem to dwindle somewhat.  That's a true testament his popularity is real. :D

I agree that King and the Clown, Iljimae, and Moon Lovers are his best works, but I really love Time Between Dog and Wolf, Arang and the Magistrate, Two Weeks, and Lawless Lawyer. I also want to rewatch My Girl, Fly Daddy Fly, Virgin Snow, Hero, Joseon Gunman, and Scholar Who Walks the Night. In fact, the only works I have no desire to rewatch are Hotel Venus, May 18, and Criminal Minds because he didn't have much to do in those three. They only have a few moments of his brilliance.

• Like 3

https://images.8tracks.com/cover/i/009/334/505/maxresdefault-2923.jpg?rect=0,0,1540,1540&q=98&fm=jpg&fit=max&w=1024&h=1024

16 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

For me it was Scholar who walks the night that first captured my attention of LJG and I really liked the OST too.

Before that, I have watched My Girl ( didn’t take much notice of him apart from noticing the hair do) and  Iljimae (only on and off when it first came out because I was quite put off by the female lead). But of course by now I have watched everything that he’s been in.:wub:

I followed Scholar who walks the Night closely filled with much romantic air.  I love the exquisite costumes in this show and all the characters there but wasn't fully satisfied with the ending.  JG looked extremely handsome in this role.:wub:  :lol: When I watched My Girl, I was more attracted to JG's role and wanted to ship Seo Jung Woo with Joo Yoo Rin.

13 hours ago, joybran said:

I agree that King and the Clown, Iljimae, and Moon Lovers are his best works, but I really love Time Between Dog and Wolf, Arang and the Magistrate, Two Weeks, and Lawless Lawyer. I also want to rewatch My Girl, Fly Daddy Fly, Virgin Snow, Hero, Joseon Gunman, and Scholar Who Walks the Night. In fact, the only works I have no desire to rewatch are Hotel Venus, May 18, and Criminal Minds because he didn't have much to do in those three. They only have a few moments of his brilliance.

What is so good about JG's shows are that most of his works are rewatchable.  May 18 was a really good movie but hard to rewatch as that was a true incident happened in the history of South Korea whereas The Hotel Venus is more of an artistic movie so most viewers wouldn't appreciate it.  I also have no desire to rewatch The King and the Clown, Fly Daddy Fly and Flying Boys but I feel like watching Criminal Minds again after I finished with Moon Lovers.  Although CM didn't showcase his brilliance well but I enjoyed the story and plot. :blush:

I am also truly grateful to JG fans for making all his movies and dramas or specials available even to this day. :thumbsup:

@willenette  Is The King: Eternal Monarch worth watching?  I heard bad reviews by some long time drama lovers.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

56 minutes ago, dejun said:

I followed Scholar who walks the Night closely filled with much romantic air.  I love the exquisite costumes in this show and all the characters there but wasn't fully satisfied with the ending.  JG looked extremely handsome in this role.:wub:  :lol: When I watched My Girl, I was more attracted to JG's role and wanted to ship Seo Jung Woo with Joo Yoo Rin.

What is so good about JG's shows are that most of his works are rewatchable.  May 18 was a really good movie but hard to rewatch as that was a true incident happened in the history of South Korea whereas The Hotel Venus is more of an artistic movie so most viewers wouldn't appreciate it.  I also have no desire to rewatch The King and the Clown, Fly Daddy Fly and Flying Boys but I feel like watching Criminal Minds again after I finished with Moon Lovers.  Although CM didn't showcase his brilliance well but I enjoyed the story and plot. :blush:

I am also truly grateful to JG fans for making all his movies and dramas or specials available even to this day. :thumbsup:

@willenette  Is The King: Eternal Monarch worth watching?  I heard bad reviews by some long time drama lovers.

Hi dejun, are you asking me - hahaha - I'm biased when it comes to LMH, the same thing with LJK. Of course, for me, I find it good.  :D

:lol: Thank goodness JG knows how to choose his work projects quite well.  So I don't get bored when I watched his shows except those that he acted in the early days.  For The King: Eternal Monarch, I find the title interesting but I read bad comments given on the first 4 episodes, in addition I know for a fact that LMH's acting hasn't improved much so I now hesitate downloading this drama as I'm not his fan but was hoping the story is captivating enough for me to invest my time in. :P  Thanks for your feedback.

lee-joon-gi-adalah-aktor-model-dan-penyanyi-korea-selatan.jpg

Has JG finish filming yet?  Any news on that?

• Like 1

Hi everyone... I cant login to my previous acct. (I dont know why?) I dont usually comment here but I need help. I need link where I can find JG guru show with eng sub? My new friend is now a JG fan after giving her some recommendation of JG dramas. She likes Moon Lovers, Lawless Lawyer and Two weeks. 

Thank you for your help. 

• Like 2

3 hours ago, Enaj said:

Hi everyone... I cant login to my previous acct. (I dont know why?) I dont usually comment here but I need help. I need link where I can find JG guru show with eng sub? My new friend is now a JG fan after giving her some recommendation of JG dramas. She likes Moon Lovers, Lawless Lawyer and Two weeks. 

Thank you for your help. 

It’s a must watch for LJG fan:D.

i did a google search , and find JG family Facebook page has the Eng sub interview , sorry don’t know how to get the URL...

it is also called Golden fishery show. Good luck:)

• Like 2

@Enaj  Ep 135 & 136 of Golden Fishery show (Guru) links was posted before on this thread as this is not the first time fans has requested for it.  Here is the quoted post for download:

Spoiler
On 10/1/2016 at 8:01 AM, TheRoadNotTaken said:

Golden Fishery Ep 135 Eng Sub full part on 4shared

http://www.4shared.com/video/V97bzwKd/E135090429HDTVXviD-Ental.html

then Ep 136 (part 2 of Lee Joon Gi's interview) the 4shared link is not working but you still can watch it here: 

Golden Fishery Ep 136 part 1 

https://www.facebook.com/JGfamily/videos/279934055385492/

Golden Fishery Ep 136 Part 2 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=279938405385057&permPage=1

Golden Fishery Ep 136 Part 3 

https://www.facebook.com/video.php?v=279948708717360&set=vb.112384868794403&type=3&theater

I know it was already posted long time ago but because Ep 136 4shared link is not working anymore it took me sometime to figure out where is it & I thought I should share it in case someone is looking for it too :P

I forgot how much he struggled to reach his dreams, if I spent 4 years following my dream & didn't reach it I would have gave up already, he failed 50 auditions every year gotta admire his passion, I wish he appears in Happy Together, he's a good storyteller, funny & thoughtful but I wonder if his honesty ever put him in trouble lol   

If you have any problem watching the video clips below is the link of English translated show:

20090429 Lee Jun Ki MBC Goldfish Talkshow with Kang Hodong

• Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

Thank you for the info and clip @Tuiwgn @astrantia 

I better check JG family FB videos to share more abt LJG while waiting for his drama. 

Cant wait to see him act with no emotion, a very different to his previous roles which show many emotions with his eyes only. A stoic expression and blank eye. 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

On 7 May 2020 at 5:22 PM, dejun said:

:lol: Thank goodness JG knows how to choose his work projects quite well.  So I don't get bored when I watched his shows except those that he acted in the early days.  For The King: Eternal Monarch, I find the title interesting but I read bad comments given on the first 4 episodes, in addition I know for a fact that LMH's acting hasn't improved much so I now hesitate downloading this drama as I'm not his fan but was hoping the story is captivating enough for me to invest my time in. :P  Thanks for your feedback.

Has JG finish filming yet?  Any news on that?

dejun, IDK why we hardly heard/read any news about his upcoming drama. :wub:

• Sad 1

2 hours ago, willenette said:

dejun, IDK why we hardly heard/read any news about his upcoming drama. :wub:

I don't know why no articles about Flower of Evil but what's strange is that Moon Lovers is almost totally ignored although is one of the most successful Korean drama

• Sad 1
  • Love 1

4 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

I don't know why no articles about Flower of Evil but what's strange is that Moon Lovers is almost totally ignored although is one of the most successful Korean drama

I don't know why we aren't hearing more about Flower of Evil, but Moon Lovers isn't a mystery. Although it is one of the best-loved Korean dramas internationally, it was considered a flop in Korea when it aired in 2016. I remember how low the ratings were and how disappointed I was in the editing. They had to recut the first few episodes, which is the version the international audiences are seeing now. As a former feature film editor, I wasn't surprised at what a difference the editing made in the domestic ratings.

• Like 5

8 hours ago, joybran said:

I don't know why we aren't hearing more about Flower of Evil, but Moon Lovers isn't a mystery. Although it is one of the best-loved Korean dramas internationally, it was considered a flop in Korea when it aired in 2016. I remember how low the ratings were and how disappointed I was in the editing. They had to recut the first few episodes, which is the version the international audiences are seeing now. As a former feature film editor, I wasn't surprised at what a difference the editing made in the domestic ratings.

I don’t care much about ratings but was very disappointed for LJG ‘s sake.

Despite all the flaws people talked about , LJG as Wang So was iconic, his performance alone was worth every second of the time one has invested into the drama. And  in my opinion, it is very shortsighted for the Korea entertainment industry to dismiss this internationally  super popular drama. Instead of looking inward , they should be going global... plus there were lots of discussions then on how the rating datas were collected - I remember reading that it was only based on a sample size of 2000 household by watching their TV set . And really how many of us are still watching TV even back in 2016....

Moon Lovers without LJG would be totally another story though...

Hoping his new drama “Flower of Evil” will bring him the success he so deserves.

Sorry for fangirling  but this is LJG’s site after all.:D

• Like 3
  • Love 4

On 5/9/2020 at 7:33 AM, joybran said:

...Moon Lovers isn't a mystery. Although it is one of the best-loved Korean dramas internationally, it was considered a flop in Korea when it aired in 2016. I remember how low the ratings were and how disappointed I was in the editing...

There are several reasons why ratings in South Korea was lower than anticipated.  Bel, Youtuber summed this really well so I shared the comments as quoted here:

"1. This drama was aired at the same time Love in the moonlight was aired.

2. In the cast were "a lot" of idols (IU, Baekhyun, Seohyun, Z.Hera) and public don't like idols acting bc they think they suck /rolling eyes/

3. At that time, IU was under a lolita/pedofile controversy for the lyrics of her song "Zeze" since 2015.

4. Many people found the zooms and the editing in general annoying.

5. The first 2 episodes were too slow and didn't made clear if it was a comedy drama or a melodrama, the rumor about his drama being bad started to spread and many people didn't saw it for this reason."

That's why when Moon Lovers was offered to JG at that time, one concern I have was about the PD who will direct this show.  Based on his previous works, I was sceptical of his performance.

@Tuiwgn  This show was simultaneously shown in US and China websites as well as in South Korea so its global.  After a few episodes were aired, Japan decided to buy broadcasting rights as well.

• Like 5
  • Thanks 2

Four years on and we are still talking about Moon Lovers, Goes to show how deep this drama has impacted us...:rolleyes:

well, new drama is coming in two months time-“Flower of Evil”, heay! Can’t wait!

• Like 5
  • Love 2

I really miss LJG in sageuks, that genre doesn't have much to offer these days with the younger actors, not enough depth and heart. I can't wait to see his new show but I am hoping his character isn't going to be all bad :unsure: I still think he should do another Goryeo period show, I miss Moon Lovers :tears:

• Like 7
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1