Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

5 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Does that mean they are still filming...?

@Tuiwgn  filming has been halted TODAY April 18 after LJK has tested positive for COVID-19. Currently, the report says that he does not have any symptoms besides a mild sore throat. Following the results of his self-test kit, he underwent a rapid antigen test for professional use at the designated hospital and ultimately received a positive result. Before all of his activities, Lee Joon Gi has frequently been taking rapid antigen tests and PCR tests. All of his planned activities have been cancelled. He will not be filming until he recovers. In the meantime, there will be no changes to the broadcast schedule. Get well soon, Oppa!    :kaching3:   Take care!

0003045659_001_20220418220301301.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=108&aid=0003045659

______________________________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** On April 16,  “Again My Life” earned an average nationwide rating of 7.0 percent for its fourth episode. Viewership ratings for Saturday dramas dipped across the board.   :tears:

0004594082_001_20220417090503728.jpg?typ

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=109&aid=0004594082

• Thanks 2

10 Most Talked About Actors & Dramas On April 2022 (Weekly Update)

Good-data-april-1-w-2022-ahn-hyoseop-lee

Good Data Corporation releases weekly rankings of the most talked about dramas and actors/actresses of the airing dramas. The data are collected from the netizen’s reactions to online news, community, social media and videos.

2nd Week of April (Released on April 19th)

-Dramas-

1. "Our Blues"

2. "My Liberation Notes"

3. "Again My Life"

4. "Tomorrow"

5. "Green Mothers' Club"

6. "Kill Heel"

7. "Love Twist"

8. "The King of Tears, Lee Bang Won"

9. "Military Prosecutor Doberman"

10. "It's Beautiful Now"

Good-data-april-2022-2-week2.jpg

-Actors-

1. Cha SeoungWon - "Our Blues"

2. Lee JungEun - "Our Blues"

3. Lee JoonGi - "Again My Life"

4. Han JiMin - "Our Blues"

5. Kim JiWon - "My Liberation Notes"

6. Son SeokKoo - "My Liberation Notes"

7. Kim HaNeul - "Kill Heel"

8. Lee HyeYoung - "Kill Heel"

9. Lee YoWon - "Green Mothers' Club"

10. Kim WooBin - "Our Blues"

Good-data-april-2022-2-week.jpg

source https://www.kpopmap.com/10-most-talked-about-actors-dramas-on-may-2021-weekly-update/

• Like 2

5 K-Stars Who Appeared in Hollywood Films: Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Joon Gi, More

South Korean stars are getting more recognition outside their home country. The limitless opportunity that Hallyu brings to the entertainment also helps these artists to discover and hone their potential in the very competitive industry. 

Prominent actors and actresses, namely Jun Ji Hyun, Lee Byung Hun, Rain, and more, who are well-respected in Korea also captivated the foreign viewers as they made appearances in Hollywood films. Get to know which movies they showcased their versatility in. 

Lee Joon Gi

Through his professional experiences in acting, Lee Joon Gi has found a strong support system from his fans. He is now one of the well-loved Korean actors whose forte is to play challenging roles in thriller and mystery genres. 

Lee Joon Gi
(Photo : Lee Joon Gi's Instagram)

Due to his jaw-dropping stunts in his previous dramas. He was discovered and invited to act with actress Milla Jovovich in the final installment of the series, "Resident Evil." Even Milla was amazed by Lee Joon Gi's talented performance. She also praised the actor for his action stunts that not many Hollywood actors can do.

(skipped unrelated.....) 

source https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/124623/20220417/5-k-stars-who-appeared-hollywood-films-jun-ji-hyun.htm

• Like 2

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Apr. 11-17, 2022

Link here https://www.dramabeans.com/2022/04/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-apr-11-17-2022/

Friday, Apr. 15      
Tomorrow 5 MBC 3.5%
Again My Life 3 SBS 8.1%

Saturday, Apr. 16      
It’s Beautiful Now 5 KBS 21.0%
The King of Tears, Lee Bang-Won 27 KBS 9.3%
Tomorrow 6 MBC 2.7%
Again My Life 4 SBS 7.0%
Our Blues 3 tvN 7.9%
My Liberation Notes 3 JTBC 2.6%
Love (ft. Marriage and Divorce) 3 12 TV Chosun 8.4%

• Thanks 3

*** Fortunately, there will be no setbacks to "Again My Life" airing so, likely there's enough footage banked for EPs to air. I watched the drama & really like it so, hopefully, it stays good to deliver a win for this production team. 

I hope LJK feels better soon. Praying for his speedy recovery. GOD bless you! Fighting, Oppa!   :kaching1:    International fans can watch the drama on Viu.   

• Love 4

22 hours ago, willenette said:

International fans can watch the drama on Viu.   

I am watching on Viki.

Viu is not available in my region.

JG has been offered the role of Eun-Seom in Arthdal Chronicles season 2!

His agency Namoo Actors said: "Arthdal Chronicles 2’ is one of the projects he’s reviewing.”

source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1522853wpp/lee-joon-gi-and-shin-se-kyung-in-talks-to-lead-2nd-season-of-arthdal-chronicles

I haven't watched season 2 - it was on Netflix but I don't like one of the ML. So not sure if it had a good storyline or not but seemed to be a big budget drama.

Glad JG is getting offers !! 

• Like 1
  • Love 1

41 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

I am watching on Viki.

Viu is not available in my region.

JG has been offered the role of Eun-Seom in Arthdal Chronicles season 2!

His agency Namoo Actors said: "Arthdal Chronicles 2’ is one of the projects he’s reviewing.”

source:https://www.soompi.com/article/1522853wpp/lee-joon-gi-and-shin-se-kyung-in-talks-to-lead-2nd-season-of-arthdal-chronicles

I haven't watched season 2 - it was on Netflix but I don't like one of the ML. So not sure if it had a good storyline or not but seemed to be a big budget drama.

Glad JG is getting offers !! 

@Tuiwgn ohhh............thanks for sharing this. I didn't know that they offered the S2 to other actors. I thought all along the drama will have the same lead cast. The last time I knew was Jang Dong gun's reviewing the script, but no idea from Song Joong Ki's side yet. I hope we could get to know whether LJK will take the offer to do the S2. I've watched the drama. I'm curious who's the ML that you don't like - hehehe - since I like both of them.  :Megalol:

• Like 3

5 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Hehehe SJK

@Tuiwgn  it's OK..... Billions of KRW were spent on production costs for the first season, the production team is looking to continue the production cost and quality for season 2. Arthdal Chronicles 2 is slated to be broadcast next year (2023).   :ohboy2:

2022042101001613800104831.jpg

source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202204210100161380010483&servicedate=20220420#rs

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

*** Funny because Shin Se Kyung was first offered the first season then but, turned it down before it went to Kim Ji Won - hahaha - I'm just curious in case if she takes this as what led her to consider the sequel when she rejected S1. There's also a new PD for the S2. i hope with LJK in it in case, they will make S2 shine more. I hope they will get back that momentum. I will absolutely check this out next year if LJk takes the offer. Seriously, this will be the return again of LJK in sageuk especially not in Joseon setting. The reason I watched S1 is because of SJK & JDG. I guess SJK doesn't like the idea with repeat character portrayal or maybe busy with his "chaebol" drama right now. Well, LJK excels in sageuk.   :heart1: 

• Like 2

37 minutes ago, willenette said:

Seriously, this will be the return again of LJK in sageuk especially not in Joseon setting.

And if he is in, I will definitely watch it and very likely to be on Netflix too . But let’s see… 

would be nice if his next project is a sageuk

• Like 2
  • Awesome 2

5 Ruminations On Greed And Money In Episodes 3-4 Of “Again My Life”

“Again My Life” returns with another fast-paced pair of episodes as Hee Woo’s (Lee Joon Gi’s) return to life goes better than he imagined.

He’s suddenly front and center in cases that he only saw from afar, and he skillfully navigates a minefield of new friends and enemies while managing to excel in pretty much everything. And while some things change, others stay the same. Greed and money are the name of the game in 2008 with crashing financial markets, mergers aplenty, and an era where corrupt politicians referenced second-generation idols in an attempt to seem relevant (even if that Super Junior reference made me want to cry. Oh the good old days!). As Korea rises as an economic power and the bad guys step up their tactics, Hee Woo is left to wonder just how low he’ll have to sink to catch a monster.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 3-4 below.

Spoiler

1. “What happens when you’re greedy? You lose yourself.”

lee-joon-gi.pnglee-soon-jae.png

It’s always a delight to see Lee Soon Jae on screen. (Anyone remember “Flower Grandpa Investigation Unit”?) He gets an impactful role as Woo Yong Soo, a real estate speculator who buys up properties at auction. Hee Woo’s interest is piqued upon seeking to save the home of his classmate and study partner Kim Gyu Ri (Hong Bi Ra) from being auctioned off. Upon noting that Yong Soo bids on very specific properties, he briefs the older man and requests to learn from him. But Yong Soo begins with a warning: that the purchase of land purely to sit on it and wait for profits to increase is nothing but greed. That greed could lead to Hee Woo losing himself.

Hee Woo is all too well aware of the pitfalls of this path but commits himself to trying to be the exception to the rule. Yong Soo tests this resolve by asking Hee Woo to deliver an eviction notice to impoverished tenants whose properties he’s bought up. Hee Woo is visibly moved by their plight but manages to find workarounds each time much to Yong Soo’s secret pride. Seeing someone worth mentoring in Hee Woo, he helps him save Gyu Ri’s home and becomes a valuable partner, something that proves beneficial for him as well because Jo Tae Seob (Lee Kyung Young) has his dirty paws in everything and was this close to crushing Yong Soo.

2. “You can’t hold power if you don’t know the flow of money”

lee-kyung-young.png

As this is set during the 2008 financial recession, Jo Tae Seob makes the astute comment that politicians, despite being easily corrupted by money, need to have a fundamental understanding of how it works. They need to be able to visualize the future and place monetary bets on the winning parties. This is similar to what Yong Soo tells Hee Woo about how real estate speculation works, but Tae Seob sets a different goal post. Money, for him, is tied to power. The death of his son in the car crash that should have killed Hee Woo’s parents has left him with nothing to live for but the maniacal pursuit of becoming all-powerful. On the other hand, money-making is all Yong Soo knows how to do. He has no interest in the power bit. Thus, it’s all the more chilling when Tae Seob orders his men to go after Yong Soo and reduce him to nothing but the clothes on his back, purely because he wants the old man’s properties. It isn’t even personal; it’s all in a day’s work. One can only wonder just how many such deals he makes in a day and how many lives he ruins with a wave of his hands. In the original timeline, Yong Soo loses everything and is found dead in a river, and it’s unclear whether it is murder or suicide. But Hee Woo’s not about to let that happen.

a5fd76f910be0d912f7604e51746365da02bd2d3

Hee Woo hears about the plot from Jang Il Hyun (Kim Hyung Muk), who, with Choi Kang Jin (Kim Jin Woo), has inducted him into a “secret law club” at the university (aka an all-boys club where everyone scratches each other’s backs). Hee Woo encourages Yong Soo to sell all his properties in one go to a whole bunch of owners. It’s a testament to Yong Soo’s character that he does so without argument or regret. It was just money to him; something he could do, not something he hungered after. A mildly annoyed Tae Seob is left to deal with a bunch of new property owners instead of Yong Soo as a sole target. 1-0 for Hee Woo.

3. “Money can do its job when the right man has it.”

lee-soon-jae-1.png

Tae Seob may be right in that power is linked to money and losing one is the same as losing both. However, there is another subtler take. While sharing a drink with Hee Woo as they overlook a neighborhood that both know will turn into high-rises someday, Yong Soo tells him that money has a job to do. And it’s a job that can only be done if money falls into the right hands. If not, it’ll serve the same corrupt masters with the same corrupt goals over and over again. With that, he entrusts Hee Woo with the money from the sale of his properties, telling him to do good with it and not lose his soul in pursuit of his goal. A grateful Hee Woo swears to do just that. Yet, can he really?

4. “You can’t catch the devil unless you become an even worse monster.”

cha-joo-young.pnglee-joon-gi-1.png

If Yong Soo’s advice is to amass wealth through the least ugly way possible and use it to do good, grim reaper Han Ji Hyun’s (Cha Joo Young’s) advice is to fight corruption with corruption. Hee Woo has skated by on thin ice this whole time without having to compromise his morals in any real sense. Tenants to evict? He’ll find ways around their problems by helping one find a new home and helping the other file for bankruptcy as she wishes. Joining a secret club of minor villains? He’ll feed them information that they’ll use to win cases and become in debt to him. Taking out minor players in Jo Tae Seob’s circle with minor players in Hee Woo’s circle? It’s no biggie to Hee Woo.

13e7112f0acc0ae80237a471bc17ae8ae55ad162

But Hee Woo hasn’t had to actually make any big decisions yet. He’s been extraordinarily lucky, but just how far is that luck going to run? We also still don’t know what happened when Hee Woo’s dad left for the police station to serve as a witness. Judging by how quickly afterwards they opened a chicken restaurant in this week’s episodes, money might have changed hands. And what if it’s a loan? Tae Seob could have his parents in the palm of his hand without Hee Woo even knowing.

Plus, Han Ji Hyun is alive in this era and is a close aide of Tae Seob despite working against him under the codename Pluto. Just how much does she know? Why work for him when she hates him? And why didn’t she react when Hee Woo said he’ll keep his promise? We’re entering a period of his life with more unknowns than ever. And she isn’t the only enigma.

5. “But he said he didn’t need money. He told me that he could be the richest man in the world if he wanted to.”

again-my-life1.pnglee-joon-gi-2.png

Lee Min Soo (Jung Sang Hoon) is a massive question mark. Hee Woo helps one of Min Soo’s friends invent an app that’s clearly meant to be KakaoTalk (now ubiquitous in Korea). In his previous life, one of the country’s largest conglomerates stole the student’s source code and cut him out of his own creation. This time, Hee Woo ensures that the man who does so is caught before he can make billions off of the idea. Min Soo’s friend confides to Hee Woo that it is actually Min Soo who came up with the idea for the app and refused money or credit for it, saying that he could be the richest man in the world if he so chose. Hee Woo takes this as a sign of Min Soo’s hidden genius, but what if it’s something more?

There’s been something strange about Min Soo from his use of 2021 slang in 2008 to his ability to get into any professional school he chooses and to the way he keeps hanging around Hee Woo. Creating an app that’s this popular requires foresight beyond which anyone could have seen at the time, which begs the question: could Min Soo also be from the future?

f2c21e98ecf0446e089e397d2a453e291800b5ad

Next week shows us arrowing into the 2010s as Hee Woo speeds through law school. As his current life no longer resembles his previous one, it’s more important than ever that he treads carefully. He seems to have an uncanny ability to remember every case he sees on the news, but the closer he gets to the enemy, the more dangerous each step becomes.

Kim Ji Eun continues to be an easy watch as Kim Hee Ah, yet something feels missing. She’ll likely be Hee Woo’s greatest ally, what with her status as the daughter of Tae Seob’s closest partner conglomerate. And yet it feels like she hasn’t done much while Hee Woo runs around nonstop. Here’s hoping her role is better fleshed out because the women in this show deserve to shine more! Especially Kim Han Mi (Kim Jae Kyung)!

a59df2ae3875733b7efa6e008cd29baf61e724d1

Check out the drama below!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Love 1
  • Thanks 2

*** Now that two, Lee Joon Gi and Shin Se Kyung, are already named to possibly headline "Arthdal Chronicles" Season 2, expectations start to increase. Though some viewers were not satisfied with how the story of season 1 progressed, they are expecting more development in the upcoming season 2. I guess once the casting is completed, filming will start. I hope we could get to hear soon the decision of LJK here. Wait & See...............  :luvarrow:

lee-joon-gi.jpg?w=600?w=650

arthdal-chronicles.jpeg?w=540?w=650

photos source : Kdramastars

• Like 1
  • Love 2

*** In newly released stills from the upcoming episode of the drama, Kim Hee Woo has left school behind and is now on his way to becoming a hotshot prosecutor. As he plots revenge on Jo Tae Sub (Lee Kyung Young) and the corrupt forces who took his first life, he is determined to use his first case as an opportunity to achieve his goal of getting dispatched to the courts in Seoul. However, the stills also raise an interesting question: why did Kim Hee Woo, who got the highest marks in his class at the Judicial Research and Training Institute and could have gone anywhere he’d liked, volunteer to be dispatched to somewhere other than Seoul? 

Tune in to the next episode of “Again My Life” TONIGHT April 22 at 10 p.m. KST!   :loveu:

Lee-Joon-Gi-Ji-Chan.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-2.jpg

Lee-Joon-Gi-31.jpg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/read?oid=112&aid=0003552787

• Love 2

*** In a recent interview and pictorial for Singles magazine, Lee Joon Gi talked about his new drama “Again My Life“! He shared that he has a lot in common with his character in terms of their core disposition and character, even the way they enjoy getting physical. That’s why, he felt a mental connection [to the character]. However, despite his similarities to the character, Lee Joon Gi was initially hesitant to accept the role when it was first offered to him, as he worried that it might be too similar to other roles he’s played in the past. Fortunately, the PD managed to change his mind— That he really spend a lot of time conversing with the director on the filming set. LJK shared that his heroes are the veteran actors who are able to work in good health for a long time.   :cheers:

Lee-Joon-Gi4.jpeg

Lee-Joon-Gi-22.jpeg

Kim-Ji-Eun-Lee-Joon-Gi.jpeg

source : https://entertain.naver.com/now/read?oid=112&aid=0003552565

• Love 2