Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Ha Ji Won and Joon Gi are my dream pairing too :wub:. Maybe Moon Geun Young, Ha Ji Min, Jun Ji Hyun, Han Hyo Jo, Kim Hee Sun, Han Ga In, Eugene, Jang Nara, Chu Sang Mi, Seo Woo, Nam Sang Min and Seo Hyun Jin. His style from TW with one of them in a new drama. 

You can tell he's tired, sometimes it is difficult to be him. How many hours takes flight? I will try to fix my bad english, sorry it will take time. JG World is to funny to watch. I didn't know that he have a younger sister, I thought he had an older brother. I'd like to see a foto with his family including his grandparents :)

@junejungki omo often I find myself in your sentences from word to word. Needless to comment :w00t:

• Like 9

20 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Maintaining certain persona as an artist, I think is a good thing and required in their profession.  What's more important is what he is in the inside. I thought he is a genuine person. His passion in anything he does is also very attractive.

The persona always bears traits of the person itself :)

To my eyes, LJG seems like a source of warm energy and strength. I totally agree that his passion makes him so attractive. Therefore he could  bring in life  this (phenomenal) WS.  LJG attributes could find expression  through WS`s life. Maybe I idealize him, but this is my feeling. 

• Like 14

57 minutes ago, junejungki said:

Yeah, I agree. I have been to Korea twice and I think their men's height are pretty much the same like in my country.

Yes! Ha Ji Won will be good partner with LJG. She is my favourite actress.

Yes, I agree but it seems some Korean men are obsess with height. They wish they were taller when they are already tall.

Hi Junejungki., ye, I believe they are obsessed with height. Korean women put a lot of pressure on them. There was a K-TV talk show I watched where K-women said they would rather have a tall husband who is physically abusive than a nice short guy. Because of this they can get big complexes on their height. The message they are receiving is that height matters. Of course, not all K-women place such emphasis on height, though, it's just sometimes the negative views are the loudest. In Korea it's normal for men to wear "lifts" inside their shoes to make them appear taller.  :P

• Like 8

4 minutes ago, willenette said:

Hi Junejungki., ye, I believe they are obsessed with height. Korean women put a lot of pressure on them. There was a K-TV talk show I watched where K-women said they would rather have a tall husband who is physically abusive than a nice short guy. Because of this they can get big complexes on their height. The message they are receiving is that height matters. Of course, not all K-women place such emphasis on height, though, it's just sometimes the negative views are the loudest. In Korea it's normal for men to wear "lifts" inside their shoes to make them appear taller.  :P

They basically obsessed with height and beauty. Life must tough if you are ugly. eeek!

• Like 6

8 hours ago, lyserose said:

Park Min Young is a good actress but don't you think it's high time for him to be paired with a noona? He had been paired up with two much younger ingenue actresses back to back. My wish is to have Ha Ji Won as his leading lady. She is a rating magnet and one of the few K-actresses who could pulled off action scenes. And they both had just came out of a botch remake of popular Taiwanese/Chinese dramas. Please drama gods, make it happen. 

PMY isn't much younger than him. No idea how old exactly she is but she's not in her early twenties for sure. They look so great together (early commercial photoshots - look at them!), like a natural couple. They'd make great drama together I'm sure.

And I avoid watching Ha Ji Won - I'm not her fan...

• Like 4

8 hours ago, junejungki said:

My personal opinion, 178cm I consider as tall since on average most Asian people are not really tall anway. However, I once saw a talk show that invited Scholar Who Walks the Night cast, and Jun Ki said he wish he was taller because Chang Min and Lee So Hyun are tall and they look good with their height.

OK I take his ears:yum:

I think Joon Gi was considered tall when he started because there weren't very many popular actors taller than him at the time. You don't have to be particularly tall to be a successful actor, but models have to be quite a bit taller than average to make the clothes look really great. In the last few years, there have been a lot of models who have become very popular actors, like Lee Soo Hyuk, Lee Jong Suk, Kim Woo Bin, Kim Young Kwang, Hong Jong Hyun, and Nam Joo Hyuk. I can see how acting with those former models would make Joon Gi feel short.

• Like 8

6 hours ago, minekas said:

2 more IG videos inside spoiler:) :wub:

cr as tagged

He's really a humble guy who appreciates his fans a lot. In the photos n videos, he looks tired but he still smiles n spends time with his fans who came to receive him. This makes me a greater fan. I have seen many fancams where the celebs just wave and zoom off quickly. 

• Like 11

Being too tall (184cm up)  is actually disadvantageous for an actor. They got to be paired to actresses who are at least 170cm, even that's 14cm difference. How many (good) Korean actresses who are taller than that? Even then @184cm is at least 20cm difference with those who stand at around 163cm such as IU, Song Hye Kyo, Kim Ji Won, Kim Tae Hee.

So Lee Joon Gi at 180cm is just perfect. :) 

• Like 8

10 hours ago, junejungki said:

They basically obsessed with height and beauty. Life must tough if you are ugly. eeek!

Hi junejungki aside from height, Koreans are also obsessed with beauty indeed! I'd say that pretty much everyone is obsessed with beauty and the reason is that it feels good to be beautiful. Not just Koreans but everyone is wired to desire beauty.  In Korea it is common to have a cosmetic surgery. There, it's just like putting on makeup every day. They invest a lot of money in them getting beautiful. :P

• Like 3

10 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

LJG safely arrived in Korea:)

OMG. He was mobbed like crazy. I have watched plenty of his airport videos and putting aside those before his military enlistment (when he was still at the height of his fame), I have never seen a crowd this much waiting for him at the airport. MLSHR really has reinstated his popularity.

10 hours ago, willenette said:

It's quite harsh to be saying this but at times, Koreans tend to be overly beauty conscious. When I watched MLSHR, I though the "scar" element was overplayed but then thinking over how beauty conscious they are in general, could it be that this mindset has been established a long time ago since Goryeo? 

3 hours ago, cedarwood said:

PMY isn't much younger than him. No idea how old exactly she is but she's not in her early twenties for sure. They look so great together (early commercial photoshots - look at them!), like a natural couple. They'd make great drama together I'm sure.

She is 4 years younger than him. Joon Gi never been paired with a noona before. Noona-dongseng pairing seem to bring abundance of luck as of late. Out of the so many potential noona, I like Ha Ji Won the most. She is one classy actress.

I get that you are not a fan of HJW, same with how I have some reservations towards Song Hye Kyo, Gong Hyo Jin and Kim Tae Hee.

• Like 7

8 minutes ago, luvkstyle said:

@msgolightly9608Oh my goodness - I was just feeling the same haha.  I think I couldn't hold his gaze if he looked at me like that - I would just go to pieces :sweatingbullets:  I think also that if it was me seeing him at the airport or somewhere that I wouldn't be taking photos I'd be wanting to just keep my eyes on him :)

Yes, same! I would completely ignore everyone and everything around me and just observe him.

And if he happened to look at me....I would look away so fast in fear of him being able to see into my very being and knowing all of my secrets. :P

• Like 8