Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

Guest proudme
21 hours ago, willenette said:

*** The drama goes up a little in percentage last night, September 6 EP. According to Nielsen Korea, it rated 6.0%. This is 0.3% more than the previous episode.

The first episode of the drama rated 7.4% and the second episode right after came in 9.3%. However, the third and fourth episodes dropped to 7.0% and 5.7%. :phew:

I'm totally lost hope for ratings.... I can wholeheartedly accept the low ratings, but the effect of this is not. Even I never read some sites with comment section, some ppl with going to criticize and compare the actors who is better and not. I know JG will received this kind of criticism about his acting even we totally watched how he make wang so as his very own version (they were two actors who played this role). I'm so impressed to JG aside from diverse expression of his eyes.. I wonder how can he control his face muscle amd trembling of his lips. I have never seen that in any actor. 

Episode 4 & 5 is a rollercoaster ride of emotion. (Now I get why IU is choosen for this, her emotional scene is compelling)

40 minutes ago, hiluna said:

He has a wonderful off screen personality which is the reason why I like him so much. He does a lot for his fans and is always considerate. He is very hard working and modest and has kept a pretty low profile with the media until MLSHR. I am very happy to see him catapult back to the top, he deserves it and I hope he gets the top actor award this year. 

Hi hiluna, you said it right - this is also one of the reasons why I adore him. LJK is soooo very warm towards his fans. That's why, he deserves everything to where he is right now. I wish him success all the time! :P

• Like 7

53 minutes ago, proudme said:

I'm totally lost hope for ratings.... I can wholeheartedly accept the low ratings, but the effect of this is not. Even I never read some sites with comment section, some ppl with going to criticize and compare the actors who is better and not. I know JG will received this kind of criticism about his acting even we totally watched how he make wang so as his very own version (they were two actors who played this role). I'm so impressed to JG aside from diverse expression of his eyes.. I wonder how can he control his face muscle amd trembling of his lips. I have never seen that in any actor. 

Episode 4 & 5 is a rollercoaster ride of emotion. (Now I get why IU is choosen for this, her emotional scene is compelling)

Hi proudme, I consider LJK as one of the good actors that we have in K-entertainment. :P

• Like 8

4 hours ago, cedarwood said:

I really don't get those ratings... Or don't get Korean viewers. The only explanation to me is that they don't like good dramas. I always thought Joon Gi is one of the most loved hallyu stars but it seems they don't know how to show their love to him. The got so crazy about him in 2005 - not interested anymore in his works nowadays? 

I really don't know what would make them watch really good dramas. Especially the ones like ML - beautifully done, stars packed, great played by truly wonderful actors... really, really, really, really, really no idea.

Just watched ep. 5 - Joon Gi is perfection. His acting is beyond words. This can be his best role so far!

There is so much battle over the ratings between the two Moon dramas with the most heated arguments you can find at A Koala's Playground, which I myself couldn't help but leaving a comment.

Judging that there are not many hit Korean dramas lately, those that came out from drama with high ratings are regarded as the IT of the moment and naturally, they only care to pay attention to the IT actors. Hurtful it is but to most of them, Jun Ki has past his prime years and I think his popularity was greatly overtaken due to military service. So, I am interested to see how those young and hot actors like Lee Min Ho, Kim Soo Hyun, Yoo Ah In and Lee Jong Suk will fare after MS. So far, Jun Ki has done considerably well but with those mentioned actors being the current IT, of course they are the ones receiving more lucrative and rating potential drama offers. Based on this point, I say Song Joong Ki (No offence but I don't get his appeal, frankly,) is the lucky few who had an extremely hit drama after MS.

On a positive note, I am happy when the blogger of Koala's Playground mentioned of how she thinks that the other fluffier Moon drama actually should not be getting that high ratings and that our beloved MLSHR which is in fact darker and meatier is deserving of a much higher ratings (at least the low teens). I am thrilled that she is sharing our opinion and most of all she is saving all her praises to our dearest Jun Ki, which I whole-heartedly agree. 

I do still feel bad the drama not doing well domestically, despite the trending which not translated into the ratings, I think most are judging this drama based on the surface level - mainly the negative pre-conceived notion that idols can't act and MLSHR is a clear example of how blind is hate that negativity becomes so overwhelming and the end product suffer the injustice of such hatred.

I hope the under-performance of MLSHR won't discourage Jun Ki since he is receiving so much love in China and as far as I can speak, in Southeast Asia. If you checked into the poll at ONE TV Asia, Baekhyun was leading the favourite prince's poll which I derived as a result of EXO's fandom but once the drama broadcasted, our beloved Jun Ki won by a landslide, with 78% of the total votes. Though this poll is no big thing, it sure does tell how his dark dangerous wolfish takes on Wang So really appeal to the audiences and he is receiving so much love. 

I hope to see him in another drama once MLSHR completed its run. Would love to see him pairing with HJW. Those two can kick-*** in a drama together. 

• Like 13

2 hours ago, hiluna said:

He has a wonderful off screen personality which is the reason why I like him so much. He does a lot for his fans and is always considerate. He is very hard working and modest and has kept a pretty low profile with the media until MLSHR. I am very happy to see him catapult back to the top, he deserves it and I hope he gets the top actor award this year. 

Sadly, Korea's "What a Joke" Award system only giving away merits based on ratings and popularity. I am not so confident he will be getting any award, but if they do come to their senses, he should at least be getting the PD Special Award as with Kim Rae Won did for Punch.

And I agree with you over his off screen personality. There is so much sincerity that I can't comprehend which is why I like him so very dearly. He is so genuine with his love for acting and very appreciative of his fans (I don't see any other K-actors bother to interact, what more to say answering question from their fans when being approached say at the airport like Jun Ki did). Just one word that is SINCERITY which I couldn't find in any other K-actors, at least that is how I feel.

I don't normally follow any celebrity but I signed up an instagram account just to follow only him :D . Seeing how he kept posting cheerful messages on IG, I couldn't help but feel that he is indeed feeling down over the turn of events with MLSHR and trying to keep himself positive about it. I feel sad for him but at the same time, noticing the growth of his followers on instagram since the broadcasting of MLSHR, I think that gave him the strength that they are many out there who actually appreciate him and his works.

• Like 11

Which Lee Joon Ki drama should I watch while I wait for the next Scarlet Heart: Ryeo episode?

080ac075-c84f-493c-a4ad-f76bcbb19f8a.jpg

In what's probably one of the worst feelings in the world, I have just completed episode 5 of Scarlet Heart: Ryeo and am experiencing major Lee Joon Ki withdrawal. I don't think I can make it a whole week until the next episode comes out to see the sexy face of my 4th prince, so this is where I need your help! Lee Joon Ki lovers, which of his dramas or movies should I watch while I wait?

DramaFever has a ton of Lee Joon Ki dramas and movies to choose from, including My GirlArang and the MagistrateScholar Who Walks the KnightThe King and the ClownTwo WeeksThe Joseon Gunman, and Iljimae, just to name a few. 

I just put the question out over DramaFever's official Snapchat account, username @dramafever, so please hop on Snapchat and send me a message with your recommendation! (P.S. I accidentally said episode 8 instead of episode 5. I wish there were 8 episodes out already!)

The responses are already coming in!

1ef4417c-4a15-4cf9-a30d-ca8d14929ce0.PNG

source : dramafever

15 Sexy real-life photos of Lee Joon Ki that will give you a heart attack

70d2d4fd-2b6d-4aa5-b350-7833e0dc0d61.jpg

Have you dived into the sea of Lee Joon Ki’s charms yet? If you’ve watched the fourth prince Wang So in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo, you’ll know what we’re talking about! Lee Joon Ki is not just sexy, but most of all, he’s passionate about his craft, humble, and always diligent. “I still think that I’m lacking as an actor,” he said with an interview before the premiere of the drama. Let’s scroll down to reveal 15 sexy real-life photos of Lee Joon Ki from his Instagram that will give you a heart attack!

Spoiler

f58d4c6c-fcd0-4dd7-9391-21898f590dd9.png

c02b7be1-ed90-4757-bc02-357306346654.png

8614af2b-d878-4f23-9d63-de2a74147f0c.png

a1f51840-88e3-4db5-bc79-be00fd625e68.png

73c4cf04-b2d0-4dd7-a103-4afecb398c64.png

393fc86a-de80-4b33-a4cd-53bac4686f84.png

e9b6dbec-79a2-4ba7-99e7-3232011af066.jpg

3da6b377-c63f-43c8-ab3a-b9953e5eaabd.jpg

5b5341f7-a237-4170-91aa-379cb7351ed5.png

55e5e29d-aedb-4be0-9180-e98c52ea46ec.png

de12c729-92e1-4b43-83fa-d46faac40e25.png

c4799f94-a7fd-4df3-a01e-32050d9b3ff5.png

8869372f-1d4e-4048-a07b-3457106bc7d8.png

2454d1aa-5308-4537-af3c-1417e4cfe219.png

9d152b59-66c3-4edd-97dd-163eb873fdbe.png

Which photo almost gave you a heart attack? And what do you think of Wang So and Hae Soo’s chemistry in Scarlet Heart: Ryeo so far?

source : dramafever

Spoiler

• Like 11

@Berou, hi ! Welcome to the thread. I'm happy his 4th prince catched your attention :) If you can find it, his appearance in Happy Camp is what made me a true fan of his real self. The boy has so many worries and insecurities which he tries to cover up by a happy spirit you can't not fall for him ^^ And yes, like many mentioned, he truly cares about his fans and is one of the most active korean star on sns no doubt. He is very humorous and is not afraid of degrading his image, ever ! ^^ He is also a ball of energy and is never boring ~ He also released a few albums - he sings the songs in his fanmeetings, very nice singing for an actor btw - and likes to dance very much :) You can find vids of that all over youtube I think if you are interested.

I gave up trying to understand why the ratings are so low. I will just hope each week that it increases little by little. Maybe, with a bit of luck, it will pick up a bit when the main plot starts - battle for the throne and the main OTP romance. If not, I just want LJK to not blame himself and not feel depressed about that and concentrate on the love he is receiving for his performance and on future projects :) 
Anyway, I'm really enjoying the drama and can't wait for monday to come and all the epic story to begin. We're just getting started ^_^

Yeah, korea is always looking for the next fresh it boy, can't blame them. LJK was once one of them. His popularity was insane but he also had a lot of crazy fans, so he is probably more comfortable this way. And he is still an Hallyu star, 10 years after his peak. Great popularity in China and Japan, forever recognized in Korea thanks to the King and the Clown. Really, how many actors can brag about such an impactful movie and character. Not many. 

I personally have a hard time warming up to the new generation of korean actors. I prefer my men older :P The only "young" one I follow is Lee Jong Suk.

• Like 10

4 hours ago, sukbin said:

Just one word that is SINCERITY which I couldn't find in any other K-actors, at least that is how I feel.

I don't normally follow any celebrity but I signed up an instagram account just to follow only him :D . Seeing how he kept posting cheerful messages on IG, I couldn't help but feel that he is indeed feeling down over the turn of events with MLSHR and trying to keep himself positive about it. I feel sad for him but at the same time, noticing the growth of his followers on instagram since the broadcasting of MLSHR, I think that gave him the strength that they are many out there who actually appreciate him and his works.

Ah, it is precisely about me, and my thoughts are same! I am already rather adult, and I never thought that I will become someone's admirer.:wub:

I think too only support of fans gives LJG strength

• Like 9

9 hours ago, Berou said:

Hello eveyone, 

new on this thread :). Up untill now, i have watched LJK's works but i haven't stanned or take an interest in him. Since MLSHR, i became more interested him, i hope to know him more through this thread. I usually try to discern an actor's personnality by watching his videos, reading his interviews before officially stanning him. I don't like following someone for his on screen personality and being disappointed after finding out his off screen personnality.

Welcome on this thread!

I also know him from his videos and from his interviews (who have sub) but if you have time you can read as many comments as you can in this thread. All I can say about him is that he is a modest person, very close to his fans

• Like 8

Several thoughts concerning ratings.
  I apologize if I accidental offend someone.
I watched the dorama "Doctors" because it had high ratings. Once again I ask I apologize, but in my opinion this drama is anything special. It is the normal, quiet movie, without pressures. Such movies can be watched at the same time doing household chores or as a relax before going to bed.  Perhaps Korean audience prefers easy cinema? Otherwise what is created with ratings?
In future I am sure that  LJG waits for huge success.  Only I want that his way to peak was not so difficult.

• Like 6

13 minutes ago, vyshiva said:

Several thoughts concerning ratings.
  I apologize if I accidental offend someone.
I watched the dorama "Doctors" because it had high ratings. Once again I ask I apologize, but in my opinion this drama is anything special. It is the normal, quiet movie, without pressures. Such movies can be watched at the same time doing household chores or as a relax before going to bed.  Perhaps Korean audience prefers easy cinema? Otherwise what is created with ratings?
In future I am sure that  LJG waits for huge success.  Only I want that his way to peak was not so difficult.

Hi vyshiva, TV ratings are always significant to gauge which programs are more popular for broadcasting companies, advertising companies, and also fans. IDK why SKorea has (2) different ratings. Both companies (AGB Nielson & TNmS) use a research tool called People Meter that is attached to a Receptor. Any person can be included in the research, but families that have a member involved in the broadcasting business in some way are excluded. Now the question is, what makes the ratings have 2~3% differences between the two research companies? I guess the reason for this difference is that TNmS visits the households and includes “guests” that are watching TV into their studies thus increasing the percentage of certain TV Show, while AGB Nielson does not. Because I think these percentage differences would mean a lot for advertising companies or broadcasting companies. I just wish we could see identical numbers in the future so as not to create confusion. Otherwise, we see few percentage differences like we do now. Also, keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. In cable dramas, 1% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. South Korea is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. The rating contributes to the sponsor. That's the entertainment industry for you. Ratings bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts. For some, this could be a sufficiently sweet reward for lost sleep. :P

September 8, 2016

[V Report Plus] Off-screen scenes of ‘Scarlet Heart: Ryeo’ featuring Lee Joon-gi

Actor Lee Joon-gi‘s agency Namooactors released a backstage video of fantasy-periodic series “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” featuring the actor through Naver V App on Wednesday.

There were two videos posted. The first one revolved around the rehearsals Lee had with stunt actors. In the scene, Lee’s character, Prince Wang-so, was raiding a hideout belonging to a group of corrupt monks in order to keep his mother‘s secret under wraps.

Aside from the action scenes, he showed viewers how to brandish a sword and a dagger. When the action scene was over, he was greeted with a round of applause.

The other video featured Lee and IU bringing boiled chicken to the actor who was staring into a valley on top of a mountain. It was taken on the first day of filming which took place in the remote town of Yeongwol, Gangwon Province.

(Naver V App)

“I’ve been acting in a periodic series almost every year,” he said in the clip. “This makes it feel more comfortable while on set. IU did a great job as well, and I knew how to react while shooting.”

Naver’s real-time broadcasting app V allows fans to interact with their favorite K-pop stars through live broadcasts. The app is available for Android and iOS. For more information, visit http://www.vlive.tv.

By Son Ji-hyoung (json@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 12

Hello again to all and welcome @Berou It is so nice to see the room crowded again. Love that!  For awhile we definitely had a good echo going in here because of that lack of warm bodies. :lol:

Ratings Ratings Ratings. While I wish the SK audience had a bit more discernment and didn't just follow the popular "IT" of the moment, I doubt that will change. I do think that Joon will get awards for this despite it not getting high ratings. The reason is that while the industry itself does propagate the latest trend, they are also in the business of rewarding good work. Even SWWTN won Joon a Ten Star and it was hardly a highly rated show. No, I think this performance is so good that Joon will get an award and I am betting on Best Actor or whatever the equivalent is in SK that comes from his peers and isn't dependent on trends or popularity.

To answer @Berou  (and add to those already given)... You won't find a more warm and sincere person. The man is amazing. Loving, kind and considerate. Joon (as did the director) knew going into this that IU was going to see some criticism yet he NEVER said one word to undermine her. Now that's class. He readily admits he was not as good when he started... and while he might think that is true.. I disagree. He may not be the same as he was but even then he was as good as, if not better than most of what you see now. Pick anything he's done and it's good,, high ratings or not.

And when he does action scenes ...OMG.....he isn't depending on good cuts, creative shots, stuntmen, wires, spring boards, stand ins or any of the other bells and whistles that make an actor look like a kick butt hero. In terms of martial arts and action scenes he's the real thing and just knowing what he is doing is real makes it so much better.   (pant, slurp)   To me... that's sexy and jaw droppingly amazing. I would much rather drool over a guy who is naturally beautiful and strong  than watch the latest "IT...pretend to be.

• Like 13

I'm not sure he will get any award - except a kind of popularity award maybe - because they do consider ratings a lot for that. It will depend on how did the other SBS shows this year (I have no idea, the only drama I watched this year was Another Miss Oh, a tvn drama). It doesn't make him any less of an excellent actor. (But yeah, I know, you all know, the man loves getting some awards ;) He is not shy about that which makes him all the more endearing :P).

Yup, he never says bad words about his co-stars and does everything to make them look good. That's both professional and kind. 
I agree, he may has been a bit raw in is earlier works but he always had that little something.

And about his actions scenes ~ He is indeed one of the most skilled (if not the best, I don't know all korean actors :P) in this area in korea. I'm happy he got to use a sword again he is soooo cool with it hehe and the horse stunts are amazing. I just hope the director and action team could elevate the level a bit higher. His actions scenes are great but it has been a bit messy in the shots sometimes and it could have been better choreographed I think. Like you said, he doesn't need any camera tricks, so I hope the director will cool down that a bit. I loved Arang and Joseon Gunman action scenes ~ (and TBDAW too). 

• Like 12

17 hours ago, Berou said:

Thanks everyone for your warm welcome :grin:

@leesopark16 i have already watched that healing camp interview, i felt bad for what happend to him. He got betrayed, lost money, got star decease, lost a little bit his mind. I didn't know that he had a lot of insucurities, he hides them with his energetic attitude and smile. He doesn't want to let his fans worries about him. I also felt a little bit surprised by his fanservice, he gives so much love to his fans and also tells them that he loves them. 

i'll try to read all your insightful comments as much as possible :)

Don't get depressed and discouraged by the ratings, they are a reflection of the star popularity in korea. As we all know popularity is ephemeral, who know if the current "it" fresh boys will still be popular and won't disappear into the abyss. The winners are the ones who comes  up with steady projects and still make the buzz. MLSHR is making waves internationally, LJK may get popularity awards, if not best actor awards. so, don't let your hopes go down !

on the side note, i'm a yoopie ( Yoo Seung Ho fan), YSH made his drama comeback in the beginning of this year, his drama got high ratings ( 17%) and yet still he hasn't received any awards and i don't think he will receive any one despite the ratings because he isn't popular enough, isn't the current "it boy".

in conclusion, getting high ratings means nothing, it doesn't garantee you awards, what is important from a korean point of view is popularity, and LJK has got THAT ^_^:D

Hi Berou, I couldn't agree with you more - getting high rating means nothing BUT, even if you're a big star, if you don't follow up with subsequent work, you're immediately forgotten by the public. That’s as true in Korea as anywhere else. :P

Popular drama scenes on-screen and off-screen

Korean dramas often have complex plot twists and overly dramatic relationships and love-triangles on-screen, but that isn’t quite the case off-screen.

The atmosphere off-screen and behind the scenes is just as dynamic but not nearly as complicated or intense.

Take a look at some popular dramas on-screen and off-screen.

(skipped unrelated.....)

“Scarlet Heart: Ryeo”

(SBS "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo")

Prince Wang Wook (played by Kang Ha-neul) and Prince Wang So (played by Lee Joon-gi) are in a fierce love-triangle with Hae-soo (played by IU) and their rivalry continues to elevate on-screen.

Their off-screen chemistry is quite the opposite. Lee and Kang seem to share a very close brotherly bond, probably closer than with IU.

source : http://kpopherald.koreaherald.com/view.php?ud=201609081727255888897_2

• Like 12

On 9/8/2016 at 0:40 AM, Berou said:

Hello eveyone, 

new on this thread :). Up untill now, i have watched LJK's works but i haven't stanned or take an interest in him. Since MLSHR, i became more interested him, i hope to know him more through this thread. I usually try to discern an actor's personnality by watching his videos, reading his interviews before officially stanning him. I don't like following someone for his on screen personality and being disappointed after finding out his off screen personnality.

Hi there and welcome! :D I just love the fact that he gains more and more fans via net from this work too.

I know him since King and the Clown, but I don't really follow his singing projects. I guess I am too old for that, but I like his voice and moves. :wub:

He is a very sensitive man, I guess that's why I treasure him better than others I also adore in the Korean industry. He does a great job every time I see him play, he really is an artist who give mind blowing performance on screen and off screen as well. It's funny, because he looks so vulnerable, but he is truly someone whom other actors rely on, that's why you hardly see him taking a break and let it go for a while. 

Have you seen him in Running Man? If not you should. WOW! :wub:

http://dramacool.io/running-man-episode-314.html

On 9/8/2016 at 9:38 AM, leesopark16 said:

I personally have a hard time warming up to the new generation of korean actors. I prefer my men older :P The only "young" one I follow is Lee Jong Suk.

Hi @leesopark16 !! So good to see you too!! :D Oh well, I guess I am with you in this. LOL.

Spoiler

I personally find it hard to watch Yoo-Jung and PBG blossoming love, because all I can see is just kids playing adult roles. It doesn't help that she is a minor yet, but I truly adore her work. Shame.

Well, it took me a while to see MGY as a woman too onscreen and as you might remember, JG was Gong-gil for a long time to me. He is on the same page as Jang Hyuk finally :lol: , but to see him so slim again, oh well. Manly Gong-gil. :sweatingbullets: :P

14232363_1181428898591029_53976181554464

14237572_1181428575257728_84244272979365

• Like 11

On 8.09.2016 at 8:53 AM, willenette said:

Which Lee Joon Ki drama should I watch while I wait for the next Scarlet Heart: Ryeo episode?

What a question - ALLLLLL OF THEM! :w00t:

Ok, I re-watch TW. ;)

On 8.09.2016 at 9:38 AM, leesopark16 said:

I gave up trying to understand why the ratings are so low.

I started to wonder about 2 things:

1. Those ratings are based only on tv? I mean: "how many ppl watch tv" only?

2. If Koreans started to watch dramas on the Internet.

They could and if it's not counted in then the ratings are not necessarily solid. I startet to think about it after I saw low ratings AND increasing popularity of JG's ig account. Ok I know some of those floowers (me included) are not Korean but I wonder if there are not his domestic fans anymore? He is so much loved by ppl - where are his fans when they're needed?

Good news is his international popularity. He may do international career then. 

On 8.09.2016 at 9:38 AM, leesopark16 said:

Yeah, korea is always looking for the next fresh it boy, can't blame them. LJK was once one of them. His popularity was insane but he also had a lot of crazy fans, so he is probably more comfortable this way. And he is still an Hallyu star, 10 years after his peak. Great popularity in China and Japan, forever recognized in Korea thanks to the King and the Clown. Really, how many actors can brag about such an impactful movie and character. Not many. 

True. Also it can be a good thing for another reason - crazy fans focus on another fresh boy and Joon Gi without any fear may start to date someone. You know how it is with hallyu stars - they try to hide their relationships 'cause idiotic fans can became really dangerous for their partner. So maybe he will not have to worry. I wish he finds love of his life and be happy. :)

On 8.09.2016 at 9:49 AM, vyshiva said:

I am already rather adult, and I never thought that I will become someone's admirer.:wub:

I am an adult, unfortunatelly. ;) Well, I am exactly the same age as Joon Gi and I never thought I would admire any famous person so much but I can't help it. He truly is amazing person and I wish him happy. :)

21 hours ago, Diana Blanche said:

Beautiful artwork of Wang So

Amazing!!! So well done! Wow!

@Berou welcome to the thread. Stay with us. :)

to be continued... (have to go to work, so I'll continue in the evening)

• Like 10