Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

@pixelsticks  he was a total teasing richard simmons since the beginning. ^_^  

My spot was actually very strategic,everything was crystal clear including the high definition jawline and sweats. I was extremely torn between recording or not, cause I normally didn't like to do it, and i hardly could stand still being so high dancing ( couldn't believe i did it without a single drop of alcohol). ^_^ But he's just right there... so close... highly defined....

JG: Do you know me???

--> Ya think I'd queue for 10hours under the sun and rains, barely ate anything, went through all those ugly cat fights if I don't know you ? 

He teased us, we didn't enjoy his song, we're busy recording.

--> You crazy man, I had been jumping and dancing and screaming, I already questioning my sanity, you weren't satisfied. 

Had our revenge teasing him back. We kept repeating after him when he said Ja, he couldn't continue his sentences,to the point he broke down and laughed. 

I'm a little bit overdosed by the unusual amount of fangirling these 3 days ( cause i went stalking him at presscon and sent him off tonight), it's killing me.

I was very happy when first time seeing him upclose at the hotel. He looked extremely glowing that day, and i managed to wave at him timidly when he looked at our direction. But tonight sending off situation was real ugly. Pushing and shoving all the way. A lot of ppl fell down, although some said they suspected some girls just faking it for his attention, idk...lol. From my side, the damn airport security kept shouting don't push but they were the one who pushed me ( NO I didn't push, i made way for you and YOU freakin shoved me). We kept bumping at the self check in machine. The girl in front of me fell, and JoonGi stopped, i took it as my luck, he went our way. He tried to help the girl but couldn't, the security blocked him. I was actually already giving up and horrified by the chaos, but he kept stopping and turning back. So, i tried one last time to squeeze my tiny self in. Alas, i was slow, he turned around the moment i extended my hand, i reached him by his left shoulder. ( which then i horridly regretted cause i feel i indecently touched him, i'm ashamed, i'm so sorry JoonGi-ssi....)  In conclusion, having experience this, i'm not doing it again, I'm too uptight for airport craze, it was an anticlimax for me ^_^

• Like 17

@pixelsticks Oh my goodness - that 2nd photo of him with the trickle of sweat running down his chest :blink:...it makes me feel pervy :ph34r:...he has definitely discovered how to tap into his sensual side...and ours (or mine??) :o

@kiinn The airport experience sounds horrendous.  It seems much more civilised when you see him coming or going from Korea.  I guess they are regulars who always go to the airport to see him.

Leaving Singapore.

And returning to Incheon...he must have been so very tired but still stopped to greet fans - love this man :wub:

• Like 11

Got to give it to him. He had been flying around and singing and dancing for many hours sat night and on an overnight flight. He still looks so energetic. How does he do that? Our red ginseng.

• Like 11

On 3/5/2017 at 8:19 AM, Christabelita said:

@junejungki Thank you SO much for sharing your experience! An yeah, JG is definite the best medicine for any sickness or discomfort! He's is THAT awesome! such a blessing to be his fan <3 <3 <3 

Oh noo, that sucks. but dear, if it didnt happen now, it could happen next time! <3 <3 <3 faith moves mountains!!!

OMG! thanks so much ladies for sharing this awesomenss!! I already saw the full performance, but seeing these videos recorded and shared by our fellow Angels-Soompiers, makes it so much more personal! I almost feel I was there! kyaaaa!!!!!!! OPPAAAAAAA!!!!!<3 <3 <3 

What whatsapp group? I feel excluded -_-....

And OMG! I found this Japan FM video on youtube!! 50 minutes of Pro Shot! =D

Yeah!! It was sure real experience for me. Never in my life I travel from my country to foreign country for an artists. I wont do that to other artists. Only Jun Ki can make me do that. We were resilient even though is was raining while queuing to the venue & humid while sitting round waiting for him. It was humid, JG said that too.  (in this case Kuala Lumpur & Singapore is only 45 minutes by plane not that far though but still a foreign country. hehehe)

I suggested to set up Whatsapp group for soompians that went for his show so that we can easily communicating to each other. We didnt discuss about JG alone, we discuss everything under the sun. About our husband, pet, work etc. kekekekeke!!!  One non soompian also joined our WA group. I met her in the FB and apparently she didnt have any friend coming with her for JG show. I invited her and she accept it. 

@Kinn was one of the early bird soompian. She & several others arrived at 930am at the gate. Poor girl. She was hungry after a long hours of waiting. I offered my chicken sandwich that I bought earlier, but she's a vegetarian. opps!! Another soompians offered her chocolate & energy bar. The thing we sacrificed for Jun Ki. :love:

On 3/5/2017 at 7:50 AM, pixelsticks said:

Ahh...great to hear your perspective.  Thanks for sharing.  Any song he didn't play/dance to that you missed?  What JG merchandise did you get?  Did you get the stuff I hear was being handed out? 

Thanks for posting those for her.  And I CANNOT wait to hear your stories and see your pics.  Go be responsible first!   :D

Go @cedarwood.  I'm impressed.  

And if JG ever coordinated with an App developer to make a phone app which let's you hear his voice saying all kinds of phrases...just saying.  

I wish he sing Dont Know Love. His old song but I love it.  I got the fan pack. Our early bird soompian help to collect for us.

• Like 10

On 3/5/2017 at 7:57 AM, Silvermaine said:

I'm not racist or xenophobic, but man... Chinese fans are so unruly. I'm so sorry. That kind of attitude in front of oppa just makes me upset because I'd never want to put myself in a compromising situation in front of him. He's already stressed enough as it is. What more if fans shove each other and purposely make a scene. 

Or maybe I'm just missing him a lot so I'm being extra sensitive lol.

Anyway I've uploaded the videos. Will update you guys tomorrow. I hope I can finish the fan account tomorrow too.

Yeah, I have to agree with you on this. Chinese China seriously needs some help. The are rude, unruly and selfish. I hope they will be ban from oppa show next time though I know it is impossible. We are all fans, why cant they behave like a true fans. I think the 5 richard simmons I mentioned early were Chinese China. 

• Like 1

Wooow. It seems everyone in Singapore had a great time with Joon Gi :) So happy for you chingus!!! Thanks for sharing all the pictures, videos and stories!

So, surely everyone has some new points to add to our list of things we love about Joon Gi, especially the chingus who were at the concert in Singapore? :wink: I put all that was said so far together for the sake of completeness. Credit so far goes to @cedarwood, @pixelsticks, @violina, @emeraldblue, @antoniaclamens@luvkstyle and @junejungki. It's a looong list already so I put it into the spoiler tag:

Spoiler

1. His b... ok, let's start with a serious one - he really is good actor.
I mean we could of course start our list with his incredible looks but let's just face it - there are millions of handsome guys in k-wave yet it's Lee Joon Gi we love the most, right? There must be something more that his beauty. Pretty face can become boring when there's nothing more. So the first place is for his acting skills.
2. His beauty - now we can say it. :D
3. We love him for being so lovely to his fans.
4. We love him for giving so much fan service all the time.
5. We love him for giving us a drama to watch every single year (except for his military times but he's excused). @cedarwood

6. His expressive eyes! -that glance, cry, smile, smolder, show vulnerability, etc
7. His humor and ability to be goofy
8. His ability to connect with the masses and make it geniune.
9. His dancing, his laugh
10. His ability to cry and still look amazing.
11. His subtle facial muscles and how they react while in character 
12. His action skills and astonishing flexibility
13. His acting which can pull you in and make you feel for his character @pixelsticks 

14. Let's not forget about his martial skills. He's amazing! Things he can do with his legs - incredible. Btw - looking at new pictures - his legs are also beautiful. ^^ @cedarwood

15. His voice. Do I have to explain? If he'd stop to work as an actor some day (please, no!) he could dub movies. I'd watch them just for his voice.
16. His hardworking personality. I admire that he hasn't thrown it away to this day and always tries to best himself with his next role.
17. Man of survival: He's got all my respect for enduring life in a small room full of cockroaches... 
18. Man of talents 1: cooking skills. I'd love to taste his food some day
19. Those arm veins...
20. His versatile acting. He'd never allow us to grow bored of him or his roles.
21. King of saeguk. He's a joy for everyone who loves historical movies/dramas.
22. He's 34 years old but "still" an adorable cinnamon role - not that 34 years is old. :lol:  @oyashirazu

23. will you join me in crowning Lee Joon Gi as the King of versatility I know someone has already said it but il vary it a little bit.
- His look is versatile. Example: cf, pictorials and music videos to see what I am talking about. He can go from ethereal beautiful, rock star sexy, to gentleman handsome, to kpop idol look, and when he wears hanbok, he can alternate between handsome, cute, sexy, beautiful within seconds. we have witnessed this in moonlovers and scholar of the night etc etc.
- His roles versatile. For example: He has acted roles with dual personalities more than once. see: Time between Dog and wolf=lee soo hyun/Kay. Iljimae=yong/iljimae/geom/. Moonlovers: Wangso/GwangJong. He is not afraid to act challenging roles like taesan and selling the character convincingly. Name one 31 year old actor who acted as a young Dad and made us root for him and his daughter in this current crop of popular actors. His historical dramas are also versatile: vampire/King/prince/thief/swordsman/gunman/clown/magistrate. He also adapts his acting style and interpretation to suit the character. Some actors who shall not be named act the same way for every role that quickly becomes boring after a while.
- His music is versatile. he can sing ballads, electro-pop, hip hop, not limit to the genres he samples. sing in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese.
- His martial arts are versatile. He has mastered several: Martial arts (Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree)
24. He loves kids. A man like that will instantly gain bonus points with women. I always ship lee joon gi and babies and kids.
25. He is incredibly humble and genuine. He sees himself as an artist working towards improving his craft. In his interviews when he says this, you would think that maybe he is just being humble and doesnt want to boast when they compliment him, but somehow maybe im biased but when he says this it feels genuine.
26. He has good manners. We saw this at the sbs drama awards 2016.Bows, greets and compliments his seniors (Kim Sung Ryeung).Bows and greets his juniors(Lee Min Ho). @violina

27. he is incredibly caring to his hoobae/juniors and his leadership skills are on point at film set. see what he had to say about working with IU below. Also see the way he led his co-stars at the SBS award ceremonies.
28. He is a gentleman. He sure knows how to interact with women. See the way he took care and led Nang Sang Mi and IU at the award ceremonies and also the way he interact with Shin Min Ah during interviews. Such a classy man.. @emeraldblue

29.  His language usage!  International fans appreciate the fact he is learning and utilizing other languages to communicate with us all in spoken word and in his SNS usage!!  English, Mandarin, <<<what languages has he spoken?>>>>
30. His Sageuk speech!  
31. His ability to go from serious to goofy to sexy in > 3 seconds
32. His ability to make pouring water something of an event.  ^_^
33. His pleasant singing voice
34. His fun, robotic dancing
35. His creative selfies and videos
36. His albums and songs that he shares with the masses.
37. He will show us more of him on the Candy in my Ears show @pixelsticks

38. His personality as a whole. If he stops drama or movies (Hell No!!!*cringes*) he would totally excel as a variety star. see his guest appearances in running man, healing camp, family outing and golden fisheries.
39. He is very wise and intelligent. Behind all his goofyness. Every interview with him shows how deep his thinking process is and how perceptive he is. When he is answering questions, he takes time to give genuine, original and well thought answers. Not just one word or phrase answers and not those well rehearsed bull crap generic answers celebs give at interviews.
40. He learns from his mistakes and now doesn't let fame get to his head even though he is a very successful person overall.
41. He is a fashionista through and through. How can a man look so good in jewellery like he did in Hong Kong fan concert or any other fan meet really. or his airport fashion.. or just him in simple casual wear when he is guesting at movie premiere's of his co-stars. Not forgetting how he can vary his hair colour from Red to white to blonde to black to auburn and plus long hair, short hair, up do, porcupine hair style etc etc and look damn good most of the time.
-Not forgeting how intriguing it is that he can look so beautiful(think Gong Gil beauty)beating women even in recent photos when he wears pastel coloured clothes and cute(pink, yellow, red) and then manly heartachingly sexy when he wears black. (think Gwangjong, Resident Evil, Wang So, Iljimae)
42. His unique physical attributes. Someone mentioned in the previous page how he can transmit different emotions with his eyes in his acting .Il just mention the fact that they are there. his small phoenix eyes and their shape is so special.his straight nose. killer jawline. straight teeth and smile. His heart shaped lips. clear skin. He will be 35 soon but no sign of aging(not that 35 is old really but he doesn't look it).I also like that his sexiness shines through even without him taking off his shirt and showing us Abbs his swagger and confidence does that for him.
43. His star quality/aura. In a room full of hundreds of stars and other regular people. You can't help but notice him. He has that shine to him. @emeraldblue

44. He is such a fantastic model. his photo shoots are always interesting to watch if filmed and his pictorials are so fabulous to fangirl over. If I was a casting agent for a model agency or a client looking for an unconventional model. I would definitely pick him. if you put his headshots along hundreds of headshots of equally beautiful and talented actors and models..his look alone stands out.. its so unique. No wonder he is the original flowerboy. Oh and bonus points for no plastic surgery or botox @violina

45. Perfect shaped hearts... And a great variety of them. Lol. He always amazed me with his fingers/hands habilities
46. His contageous and funny way of laughing
47. He's not afraid to tell the truth about himself. Even when he's telling something that might make him look bad
48. The way he's always willing to take responsabilities for his decidions and try to make the best of them even in adverse situations
49. The way he looks devinely shy when someone praises his work or his looks @antoniaclamens

50.  His broad strong hands and his well groomed fingernails.
51.  His broad shoulders.
52.  His diction - he speaks so clearly. (Good for me in my looooong journey to learn Korean language haha)
53.  His energy.
54.  His appreciation and connection to us...his fans.
55.  His sincerity in everything.
56.  His work ethic. @luvkstyle

57. I love that he is very active on various forms of social media like instagram, twitter, weibo, vlive app etc. Even if I had nine lives, I would never understand written hangul/Korean, lol. So if we see the videos or photo updates at least we know he is ok or at decipher what he is feeling with his emojis B) and we can know what he is up to, even if we cant understand what he is saying.
58. And being totally silly, his ears are so cute. I can totally imagine his mum pulling them when he is acting naughty or doing aegyo when he was a baby. :D @emeraldblue 

58-2. @junejungki added that she loves his ears because they are like elf ears.

59. (Just tongue-in-cheek) His love of ladies feet - I shall explain - I'm just watching Joseon Gunman again and in Ep 19 Soo-In hurts her foot while running away. Joon Gi aka Yoon Kang wraps it in a strip of his clothing and later finds her shoe and places it onto her foot.  This reminded me that a similar incident happened with Yang Sun in SWWTN and he took care of her foot as well.  Fast forward to his Seoul FM where he humbly washed the feet of one of his fans. (I was genuinely overwhelmed by his act of sincerity and its symbolism) Joon Gi - you can take care of my feet anytime - a foot massage after work would be heavenly - sigh :wink::tongue::wub:   @luvkstyle 

60. I love that he has many interests aside from acting like dancing, singing, food, martial arts, video games (I think he mentioned that once), golf, drinking  :D and so on. 
61. The way he loves to be around people and enjoy every minute with them whether on set or in his free time. Hearing how he talked about the MLSHR set and the drinking gatherings in his interview, left the impression that instead of resting at home after a long and tiring day at work he'd prefer to have fun with other people. And since he's really good with people, I do think he really does enjoy to be with them  :) And with his fans, of course.
62. He's like a 'volcano': I already mentioned this in an earlier post but I think it belongs in this list so I'll cite myself: He’s not restricted but goes all out, whether it’s in his acting, his behavior towards his fans and co-actors, the way he moves, or even when it comes to talk in English. Kim Kyu Tae once said about his acting something like “he’s like a volcano” and that’s what I also think. He completely pours himself into what he does and doesn’t feel the need to hold himself back or feel embarrassed. And because he always keeps this volcano like personality up and strives for more is how I believe he got better and better over the years in everything he does, not stagnating but giving his natural talent a chance to improve through his hard work and will power. @oyashirazu

63. I was just watching his dance videos. I totally love that he is a HUGE VIP. His love for big bang is so cute. Had he failed as an actor he would totally be in big bang as member number seven or president of big bang fan club. Then he ruins his cool actor image/big bang fanboying and starts dancing to Twice T.T... which can alternate between "sexy girly" or "cringeworthy cute" you know the type of acts that make you go.. OMG" I can't with this oppa" leaving you speechless.. gotta love Lee Joon Gi. :D
64. He loves animals (Dog lover).I think he had four dogs last time I checked but don't count me on this. But anyway I'm not into animals myself nor am I into kids.. I find both extremely cute and that's it. But still any person, more so a guy and a huge celebrity at that who loves kids and animals that much makes feel feel they have a compassionate heart and that character trait in any person  to me is so attractive.
65. His onscreen presence is yet to be rivaled. I think it's safe to say he is one of the first definitions of "second-lead syndrome" in Kdrama. Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006)drama knows what I am talking about.no wonder it didn't take even a year before he was promoted to first lead status to lead TBDW in 2007.
Its not the other actors fault because usually it's that when you put alpha-male/female actor and beta-male/female actor together ..alpha actor dominate and everyone in the screen fades into the background even if they are equal in talent and looks.
In TBDW, his charisma is so strong it's hard to believe the actor was only 25 and it was his first drama as lead.
66. No one mentioned how beautiful his skin colour is.
67. His commitment and passion for his main profession as an actor. Il explain. So you see the guy is not only an actor, he has other side endeavours as a model, ventured into music and variety show so he can interact better with his fans. But all of these side professions can be full time careers on their own, they are demanding. You can see how this manifests itself physically by how much his weight fluctuates every now and then. He is such a workaholic.
but still each and every year he continues to participate in at least one acting project. he could take a hiatus for one year or two, and God knows the guy deserves some rest.. So I find that really admirable. And he does it all so cheerfully, see his photoshoots always jumping around, see his bts at film sets he is the moodmaker and at recording studio still so cheerful. @emeraldblue

Lastly 68.: I think @cedarwood was the last one to add something new to the list:

On 1.3.2017 at 0:04 PM, cedarwood said:

Another point... erm... number... hmm 60-something - Joon Gi in a suit looks stunning!!! :wub:

And now to continue the list...

69. His pouting face. No man should be this cute when pouting but Joon Gi's pouting face is just plain adorable.

70. The way he walks and moves around. I love his body control. His posture and movement always is harmonic, natural and looks aesthetically pleasing. And I think that's not a given for actors or anyone at that. I think it’s thanks to his martial arts training and dancing skills that the way he moves looks this good but maybe it's also related to his height. I love Korean action and saeguk dramas but what I noticed about many of them: Some (mostly 'younger' and tall) actors look awkward and stiff when walking and moving around. In some cases, they improved after military training (but Joon Gi obviously was great even before his enlistment). In modern dramas it might be okay but in saeguks and especially during action scenes I often can't help but cringe. In my opinion body control is part of acting, too. If someone acts the role of a great warrior but looks stiff when fighting or someone acts as prince or king but his body posture and movement tells me he's got nothing 'royal' about him, I can't buy it. But that's never the case with Joon Gi. His body movement is never stiff or awkward and always fits his roles. For all I know, Joon Gi and stiffness are antonyms!

I was wondering - I'll go to Seoul in some weeks and I'd like to leave a present or letter at Joon Gi's agency. Do you think it will reach him? Does anyone have any experience with it? I'd be forever grateful if someone can give some advice ^_^

So, if that'd work and if everyone who participated in the list is alright with it, I'd really like to give him the list in the name of everyone who wants to be part of it - of course we'd have to reformulate and spell check some stuff and bring some order into it to make it easier to understand. But I just thought we shouldn't let this go to waste, especially if we make it to 100 - after all, it's a love letter from his soompi fans :lol: Since his English has improved this much there should't be any real need to translate it to Korean anymore, right? 

On another note, I look forward to seeing Mr. Red Ginseng in My Ear's Candy very soon :lol:

EDIT: @junejungki So sorry I forgot your comment about his elf ears! I added it to 58. because someone mentioned his ears already ^_^ And I increased the letter size. It's probably different on phone screens than on my computer so I didn't realize the font size is too small :sweatingbullets: Is it alright now or still too small?

• Like 12

The Straits Times

From YouTube to Hollywood

South Korean actor Lee Joon Gi, 34, has his fans to thank for helping him snag his first Hollywood stint in sci-fi horror blockbuster Resident Evil: The Final Chapter (2017), currently in theatres here.

The movie franchise's director Paul Anderson reached out to the actor after watching a fan-made YouTube video featuring action scenes of his past works.

"The director got curious about what I could bring to the Resident Evil movie after watching the video," says Lee, who has been cast as a villain chasing after the series' heroine, portrayed by actress Milla Jovovich.

He was speaking to The Straits Times last Friday ahead of his fan meet here as part of the HSBC Women's Champions Music Festival on Saturday.

The actor's first visit to Singapore is his way of showing gratitude to his supporters here. The fan meet, a 21/2-hour show, titled Thank You Asia Tour, also stopped in Japan, Hong Kong, Taiwan and South Korea. Singapore is the last stop.

st_20170306_gnlee_2984712.jpg  

The K-drama leading man does not have much screen-time as antagonist Commander Lee of the organisation behind the zombie outbreak in the film series.

Still, Lee wanted to give his best shot for his Hollywood debut and decided to perform all the stunts himself, even if he "did not have as many scenes as other actors".

Executing swashbuckling fight sequences is second nature to the agile actor, who throws punches and delivers flying kicks in period dramas such as Scholar Who Walks The Night (2015) and Scarlet Heart (2016), the Korean adaptation of the 2011 Chinese time-travel drama of the same title.

For his future ventures in Tinseltown, Lee will likely continue taking on action roles.

He says: "At this point, I feel I have to work on my acting when it comes to portraying emotions for an English-speaking role. For an action role, I can portray emotions through body movements.

"I've asked Paul Anderson to keep me in mind for any upcoming productions. I am willing to take the role no matter how small it is," says Lee, who made a breakthrough in South Korea as an effeminate court jester in the historical film, The King And The Clown (2005).

When choosing new projects in South Korea, he is likely to pick a contemporary drama over the period flicks which propelled him to fame.

Though attracted to the beautiful traditional costumes and the challenge of portraying a story set in a bygone era, he says: "Maybe it is time to stop. Every time people hear the name Lee Joon Gi, they think of the actor in period dramas."

The bachelor professes that his focus is on his career now, but does not rule out romance.

He says: "Like all other men, I am always on the lookout for my other half. But at this point of time, I am focusing on my career. If the right one comes along, I will go for it."

A version of this article appeared in the print edition of The Straits Times on March 06, 2017, with the headline 'From YouTube to Hollywood'.

Source: http://www.straitstimes.com/lifestyle/entertainment/from-youtube-to-hollywood-0?xtor=CS3-17

• Like 14

9 hours ago, Christabelita said:

I know what whatsapp is ^^U I have it on my phone. I was wondering about what whatsapp group ^^U.

Hahahahaha.  I was trying to be diplomatic.  :tongue:  

3 hours ago, oyashirazu said:

Reveal hidden contents

1. His b... ok, let's start with a serious one - he really is good actor.
I mean we could of course start our list with his incredible looks but let's just face it - there are millions of handsome guys in k-wave yet it's Lee Joon Gi we love the most, right? There must be something more that his beauty. Pretty face can become boring when there's nothing more. So the first place is for his acting skills.
2. His beauty - now we can say it. :D
3. We love him for being so lovely to his fans.
4. We love him for giving so much fan service all the time.
5. We love him for giving us a drama to watch every single year (except for his military times but he's excused). @cedarwood

6. His expressive eyes! -that glance, cry, smile, smolder, show vulnerability, etc
7. His humor and ability to be goofy
8. His ability to connect with the masses and make it geniune.
9. His dancing, his laugh
10. His ability to cry and still look amazing.
11. His subtle facial muscles and how they react while in character 
12. His action skills and astonishing flexibility
13. His acting which can pull you in and make you feel for his character @pixelsticks 

14. Let's not forget about his martial skills. He's amazing! Things he can do with his legs - incredible. Btw - looking at new pictures - his legs are also beautiful. ^^ @cedarwood

15. His voice. Do I have to explain? If he'd stop to work as an actor some day (please, no!) he could dub movies. I'd watch them just for his voice.
16. His hardworking personality. I admire that he hasn't thrown it away to this day and always tries to best himself with his next role.
17. Man of survival: He's got all my respect for enduring life in a small room full of cockroaches... 
18. Man of talents 1: cooking skills. I'd love to taste his food some day
19. Those arm veins...
20. His versatile acting. He'd never allow us to grow bored of him or his roles.
21. King of saeguk. He's a joy for everyone who loves historical movies/dramas.
22. He's 34 years old but "still" an adorable cinnamon role - not that 34 years is old. :lol:  @oyashirazu

23. will you join me in crowning Lee Joon Gi as the King of versatility I know someone has already said it but il vary it a little bit.
- His look is versatile. Example: cf, pictorials and music videos to see what I am talking about. He can go from ethereal beautiful, rock star sexy, to gentleman handsome, to kpop idol look, and when he wears hanbok, he can alternate between handsome, cute, sexy, beautiful within seconds. we have witnessed this in moonlovers and scholar of the night etc etc.
- His roles versatile. For example: He has acted roles with dual personalities more than once. see: Time between Dog and wolf=lee soo hyun/Kay. Iljimae=yong/iljimae/geom/. Moonlovers: Wangso/GwangJong. He is not afraid to act challenging roles like taesan and selling the character convincingly. Name one 31 year old actor who acted as a young Dad and made us root for him and his daughter in this current crop of popular actors. His historical dramas are also versatile: vampire/King/prince/thief/swordsman/gunman/clown/magistrate. He also adapts his acting style and interpretation to suit the character. Some actors who shall not be named act the same way for every role that quickly becomes boring after a while.
- His music is versatile. he can sing ballads, electro-pop, hip hop, not limit to the genres he samples. sing in Japanese, English, Korean, Chinese.
- His martial arts are versatile. He has mastered several: Martial arts (Tae Kwon Do 3rd degree, Hapkido 1st degree and Taekkyeon 1st degree)
24. He loves kids. A man like that will instantly gain bonus points with women. I always ship lee joon gi and babies and kids.
25. He is incredibly humble and genuine. He sees himself as an artist working towards improving his craft. In his interviews when he says this, you would think that maybe he is just being humble and doesnt want to boast when they compliment him, but somehow maybe im biased but when he says this it feels genuine.
26. He has good manners. We saw this at the sbs drama awards 2016.Bows, greets and compliments his seniors (Kim Sung Ryeung).Bows and greets his juniors(Lee Min Ho). @violina

27. he is incredibly caring to his hoobae/juniors and his leadership skills are on point at film set. see what he had to say about working with IU below. Also see the way he led his co-stars at the SBS award ceremonies.
28. He is a gentleman. He sure knows how to interact with women. See the way he took care and led Nang Sang Mi and IU at the award ceremonies and also the way he interact with Shin Min Ah during interviews. Such a classy man.. @emeraldblue

29.  His language usage!  International fans appreciate the fact he is learning and utilizing other languages to communicate with us all in spoken word and in his SNS usage!!  English, Mandarin, <<<what languages has he spoken?>>>>
30. His Sageuk speech!  
31. His ability to go from serious to goofy to sexy in > 3 seconds
32. His ability to make pouring water something of an event.  ^_^
33. His pleasant singing voice
34. His fun, robotic dancing
35. His creative selfies and videos
36. His albums and songs that he shares with the masses.
37. He will show us more of him on the Candy in my Ears show @pixelsticks

38. His personality as a whole. If he stops drama or movies (Hell No!!!*cringes*) he would totally excel as a variety star. see his guest appearances in running man, healing camp, family outing and golden fisheries.
39. He is very wise and intelligent. Behind all his goofyness. Every interview with him shows how deep his thinking process is and how perceptive he is. When he is answering questions, he takes time to give genuine, original and well thought answers. Not just one word or phrase answers and not those well rehearsed bull crap generic answers celebs give at interviews.
40. He learns from his mistakes and now doesn't let fame get to his head even though he is a very successful person overall.
41. He is a fashionista through and through. How can a man look so good in jewellery like he did in Hong Kong fan concert or any other fan meet really. or his airport fashion.. or just him in simple casual wear when he is guesting at movie premiere's of his co-stars. Not forgetting how he can vary his hair colour from Red to white to blonde to black to auburn and plus long hair, short hair, up do, porcupine hair style etc etc and look damn good most of the time.
-Not forgeting how intriguing it is that he can look so beautiful(think Gong Gil beauty)beating women even in recent photos when he wears pastel coloured clothes and cute(pink, yellow, red) and then manly heartachingly sexy when he wears black. (think Gwangjong, Resident Evil, Wang So, Iljimae)
42. His unique physical attributes. Someone mentioned in the previous page how he can transmit different emotions with his eyes in his acting .Il just mention the fact that they are there. his small phoenix eyes and their shape is so special.his straight nose. killer jawline. straight teeth and smile. His heart shaped lips. clear skin. He will be 35 soon but no sign of aging(not that 35 is old really but he doesn't look it).I also like that his sexiness shines through even without him taking off his shirt and showing us Abbs his swagger and confidence does that for him.
43. His star quality/aura. In a room full of hundreds of stars and other regular people. You can't help but notice him. He has that shine to him. @emeraldblue

44. He is such a fantastic model. his photo shoots are always interesting to watch if filmed and his pictorials are so fabulous to fangirl over. If I was a casting agent for a model agency or a client looking for an unconventional model. I would definitely pick him. if you put his headshots along hundreds of headshots of equally beautiful and talented actors and models..his look alone stands out.. its so unique. No wonder he is the original flowerboy. Oh and bonus points for no plastic surgery or botox @violina

45. Perfect shaped hearts... And a great variety of them. Lol. He always amazed me with his fingers/hands habilities
46. His contageous and funny way of laughing
47. He's not afraid to tell the truth about himself. Even when he's telling something that might make him look bad
48. The way he's always willing to take responsabilities for his decidions and try to make the best of them even in adverse situations
49. The way he looks devinely shy when someone praises his work or his looks @antoniaclamens

50.  His broad strong hands and his well groomed fingernails.
51.  His broad shoulders.
52.  His diction - he speaks so clearly. (Good for me in my looooong journey to learn Korean language haha)
53.  His energy.
54.  His appreciation and connection to us...his fans.
55.  His sincerity in everything.
56.  His work ethic. @luvkstyle

57. I love that he is very active on various forms of social media like instagram, twitter, weibo, vlive app etc. Even if I had nine lives, I would never understand written hangul/Korean, lol. So if we see the videos or photo updates at least we know he is ok or at decipher what he is feeling with his emojis B) and we can know what he is up to, even if we cant understand what he is saying.
58. And being totally silly, his ears are so cute. I can totally imagine his mum pulling them when he is acting naughty or doing aegyo when he was a baby. :D @emeraldblue 

58-2. @junejungki added that she loves his ears because they are like elf ears.

59. (Just tongue-in-cheek) His love of ladies feet - I shall explain - I'm just watching Joseon Gunman again and in Ep 19 Soo-In hurts her foot while running away. Joon Gi aka Yoon Kang wraps it in a strip of his clothing and later finds her shoe and places it onto her foot.  This reminded me that a similar incident happened with Yang Sun in SWWTN and he took care of her foot as well.  Fast forward to his Seoul FM where he humbly washed the feet of one of his fans. (I was genuinely overwhelmed by his act of sincerity and its symbolism) Joon Gi - you can take care of my feet anytime - a foot massage after work would be heavenly - sigh :wink::tongue::wub:   @luvkstyle 

60. I love that he has many interests aside from acting like dancing, singing, food, martial arts, video games (I think he mentioned that once), golf, drinking  :D and so on. 
61. The way he loves to be around people and enjoy every minute with them whether on set or in his free time. Hearing how he talked about the MLSHR set and the drinking gatherings in his interview, left the impression that instead of resting at home after a long and tiring day at work he'd prefer to have fun with other people. And since he's really good with people, I do think he really does enjoy to be with them  :) And with his fans, of course.
62. He's like a 'volcano': I already mentioned this in an earlier post but I think it belongs in this list so I'll cite myself: He’s not restricted but goes all out, whether it’s in his acting, his behavior towards his fans and co-actors, the way he moves, or even when it comes to talk in English. Kim Kyu Tae once said about his acting something like “he’s like a volcano” and that’s what I also think. He completely pours himself into what he does and doesn’t feel the need to hold himself back or feel embarrassed. And because he always keeps this volcano like personality up and strives for more is how I believe he got better and better over the years in everything he does, not stagnating but giving his natural talent a chance to improve through his hard work and will power. @oyashirazu

63. I was just watching his dance videos. I totally love that he is a HUGE VIP. His love for big bang is so cute. Had he failed as an actor he would totally be in big bang as member number seven or president of big bang fan club. Then he ruins his cool actor image/big bang fanboying and starts dancing to Twice T.T... which can alternate between "sexy girly" or "cringeworthy cute" you know the type of acts that make you go.. OMG" I can't with this oppa" leaving you speechless.. gotta love Lee Joon Gi. :D
64. He loves animals (Dog lover).I think he had four dogs last time I checked but don't count me on this. But anyway I'm not into animals myself nor am I into kids.. I find both extremely cute and that's it. But still any person, more so a guy and a huge celebrity at that who loves kids and animals that much makes feel feel they have a compassionate heart and that character trait in any person  to me is so attractive.
65. His onscreen presence is yet to be rivaled. I think it's safe to say he is one of the first definitions of "second-lead syndrome" in Kdrama. Anyone who watched "My Girl" (2006)drama knows what I am talking about.no wonder it didn't take even a year before he was promoted to first lead status to lead TBDW in 2007.
Its not the other actors fault because usually it's that when you put alpha-male/female actor and beta-male/female actor together ..alpha actor dominate and everyone in the screen fades into the background even if they are equal in talent and looks.
In TBDW, his charisma is so strong it's hard to believe the actor was only 25 and it was his first drama as lead.
66. No one mentioned how beautiful his skin colour is.
67. His commitment and passion for his main profession as an actor. Il explain. So you see the guy is not only an actor, he has other side endeavours as a model, ventured into music and variety show so he can interact better with his fans. But all of these side professions can be full time careers on their own, they are demanding. You can see how this manifests itself physically by how much his weight fluctuates every now and then. He is such a workaholic.
but still each and every year he continues to participate in at least one acting project. he could take a hiatus for one year or two, and God knows the guy deserves some rest.. So I find that really admirable. And he does it all so cheerfully, see his photoshoots always jumping around, see his bts at film sets he is the moodmaker and at recording studio still so cheerful. @emeraldblue

And now to continue the list...

So, if that'd work and if everyone who participated in the list is alright with it, I'd really like to give him the list in the name of everyone who wants to be part of it - of course we'd have to reformulate and spell check some stuff and bring some order into it to make it easier to understand. But I just thought we shouldn't let this go to waste, especially if we make it to 100 - after all, it's a love letter from his soompi fans :lol: Since his English has improved this much there should't be any real need to translate it to Korean anymore, right? 

On another note, I look forward to seeing Mr. Red Ginseng in My Ear's Candy very soon :lol:

I think it's a stellar idea.  

Please fix 37 to the correct name of the reality show, which is "My Ear's Candy" 

And can we adjust #9 to just His Laugh and #34 can be about his dancing?  How to describe his laugh? And the cute higher pitched giggle he can do (like at the end of his Namoo dancing in suit video)

I feel like JG has been "hiding' his English skills after watching the Singapore show.  I do love how he says "stage" as "stagey"  

71.  He is zutter!

72.  Wherever he performs at his fanmeets, he incorporates local songs into his performance.  So PLEASE COME TO THE USA and do a fan meet! 

• Like 11

@oyashirazuI don't know if you want to add this to the list or to the existing comment about his English skills. Watching the video of the Singapore FM, I was really impressed with his confidence in speaking English.  He didn't always get it right and sometimes it was hard to understand him BUT it isn't easy speaking in another language to a native speaker when you are just learning their language let alone to a whole crowd of people - even if they do love you :tongue:  I admire that - I wish I had half his confidence.

• Like 12

29 minutes ago, pixelsticks said:

Hahahahaha.  I was trying to be diplomatic.  :tongue:  

I think it's a stellar idea.  

Please fix 37 to the correct name of the reality show, which is "My Ear's Candy" 

And can we adjust #9 to just His Laugh and #34 can be about his dancing?  How to describe his laugh? And the cute higher pitched giggle he can do (like at the end of his Namoo dancing in suit video)

I feel like JG has been "hiding' his English skills after watching the Singapore show.  I do love how he says "stage" as "stagey"  

71.  He is zutter!

72.  Wherever he performs at his fanmeets, he incorporates local songs into his performance.  So PLEASE COME TO THE USA and do a fan meet! 

yes, it was so cute when he said stagey, i wanted to pinch his cheeks. He can be so adorable without even trying. I watched the whole FM video and I was so happy i could understand what he was saying. Hope he speaks in eng more often cause his accent is soooo sexy:wub:.

• Like 10

2 hours ago, luvkstyle said:

@oyashirazuI don't know if you want to add this to the list or to the existing comment about his English skills. Watching the video of the Singapore FM, I was really impressed with his confidence in speaking English.  He didn't always get it right and sometimes it was hard to understand him BUT it isn't easy speaking in another language to a native speaker when you are just learning their language let alone to a whole crowd of people - even if they do love you :tongue:  I admire that - I wish I had half his confidence.

I don't think he only learn the English language recently. LJG and Robert Holley has been friends for more or less 20 years. Robert Holley, though fluent in Korean, is an American and owns a Foreign School in Korea. It was mentioned by LJG one of the reasons he approached Robert Holley was, he wanted to learn English. So this was during his school days. He probably hasn't watched Hamlet during that time.

I agree on the confidence part. He is better than some or most of those non-native English speakers I know who graduated Uni/college in an English medium.

• Like 9

@missmaudy Yes I remember seeing an interview with him about Joon Gi's early days and I remember Joon Gi saying that his English improved in the beginning but then it didn't and it was Robert Holley's Busan dialect that improved haha.  I think lately he is making a more concerted effort to learn it and certainly we seem to be hearing him speak English more :D

https://drive.google.com/file/d/0B841LMvHvTufaDlwdnZmd0tNclE/view

• Like 10

3 hours ago, ziggy123 said:

yes, it was so cute when he said stagey, i wanted to pinch his cheeks. He can be so adorable without even trying. I watched the whole FM video and I was so happy i could understand what he was saying. Hope he speaks in eng more often cause his accent is soooo sexy:wub:.

Hi ziggy, so many good-quality clips of Lee Jun Ki’s Asia Tour stop in Singapore specifically the FM videos. I've watched where he sizzles in that clip where he’s swaying to Sexy Back and rapping and serenading his fans. What I love about him is he really makes the effort to give it his all. So lucky those SIN fans that they were able to enjoy the hotness of this man. :lol:

• Like 9