Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, sukbin said:

The drama is pre-produced, of course it is not possible for any extension. There is a sequel for the C-version which is Bu Bu Jin Qing which is a total mess, a product of greed to milk more money due to the popularity of its predecessor only to ruin a beautiful love story, or that because they wanted the OTP to have a happy ending so badly. I doubt that there will be a sequel since the drama not faring well domestically but I would say, I am more than contended so long they give us a beautiful, satisfactory and most of all memorable ending - be it sad or happy. 

Hi @sukbin thank you for your thought. Yes, i think so. It is impossible to make the extension as the drama is a pre-produced drama. Besides i don't think if they make either the extension or sequel it will give the viewers more beautiful, satisfactory and memorable ending. Me, myself prefer to not extend or make the sequel because i think it will ruin the main beautiful story. Moreover, i want to see LJG in other drama or movie project with new character. It would be more interesting, right? :)

27 minutes ago, Diana Blanche said:

To post a picture you need a URL, a link address. This is all I know. Maybe someone else can help you more.

Hi @Diana Blanche thank you for sharing. I will try to do that :)

• Like 6

Talk about Lee Joon Gi hair, I like his post Arang's hair.

When i saw his hair and style at Arang's wrap up party, i'm pretty sure I WAS IN LOVE. LOL. 

Spoiler

arp.jpg 

he has this natural, boyish, yet pretty boy kind-of-thing. 

:wub:

And i have to agree with @sukbin indeed, he looks more like a Japanese than Korean. His face is just like a person came out of manga cartoon. LOL. Look at that nose, those eyes, those jaw lines, those lips. He IS a living cartoon character. :) 

Perhaps that's why he has a lot of fans in Japan. 

• Like 11

September 26, 2016

[Interview] Lee Joon-gi talks about 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo'

SBS’ period drama “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” is nearing the half way mark with episode 10 scheduled to broadcast on Monday.

To celebrate the halfway mark, SBS has released an interview with actor Lee Joon-gi who plays the 4th prince, Wang So.

Below is the translated version of the interview:

Q: The ritual scene in the rain has stirred a buzz among viewers. What were your thoughts when you were acting it?

I thought that it would be a pivotal scene in Wang So’s character change. I wanted to show how Hae-soo allowed him to break out of the cold exterior that he suppressed himself in and overcome the scar that had tormented him. I tried to act in a way that showed his emotional development as he addressed his people.

Q: The ritual scene truly is a groundbreaking scene. What do you think?

I’m relieved and glad that its being received so positively. I knew it would be a big twist in the story, but I had no idea it would be such a hit. The scene really worried me because I had to portray an ancient character in a way that wouldn’t disrespect the historic significance.

Q: Your character’s relationship with Hae-soo is really unique. What are Wang So’s feelings for Hae-soo.

She is the only person that saw him for what he truly was. He’s also most honest when he’s around her. She’s somebody that he wants to protect, and he feels he is being protected by her as well. She’s the first person that has treated him kindly and warmly so his feelings for her are becoming more and more pronounced.

Q: Your chemistry with Wang Wook’s actor Kang Ha-neul is also getting a lot of attention. Your characters are the same age, so how does that affect the relationship between So and Wook.

Wang So thinks that Wook understands him. Among all his other brothers, he feels that he’s closest with Wook and so when he said “there’s nothing that’s yours here. She is all mine,” my character had to try really hard to hide his shock. They might see the same things, but they look at it differently, so it adds an interesting dynamic to the characters.

Q: Which viewer reaction was the most memorable?

When I had to take off the mask and show the scar, I was worried that viewers would be turned off by it, but instead they didn’t even think it was important at all and sympathized with my character. I was really grateful, because what used to be significant is not anymore so it shows how the viewers have become more accepting. Whats important is the character, not what he looks like. That’s the kind of actor I want to be as well.

Q: “Scarlet Heart: Ryeo” is not only popular in the Middle-East but also in North America. What are your thoughts on that?

I’m extremely grateful. Every culture is different and they have different tastes. I’m glad we satisfy their tastes, and it also really interests me. When I read feedback and encouraging comments on my social media, I feel like I want to be a better actor.

Q: What should we look out for from Wang So?

From being the most neglected prince, Wang So suddenly becomes the center of attention. He was a self-conscious and introverted boy before but now he’s gonna show a more strong and assertive character. He will tackle betrayal, jealousy, romance and more so keep watching!

By Lee Sang-won (sangdoze@heraldcorp.com)

• Like 13

3 hours ago, cesar33 said:

Hi, everyone!

I need your help. hehe. As i am a new member here who still learn how to maintain this thread, can you please explain to me how to post a picture in this thread? (for example i have a picture saved in my document and i want to share it here) I've tried to copy paste the picture but i didn't work.

Thank you in advance :)

U need an url, u can use photobucket. I use photobucket to upload it, then copy the direct link and paste it here by insert other media

55 minutes ago, sooji28 said:

Talk about Lee Joon Gi hair, I like his post Arang's hair.

When i saw his hair and style at Arang's wrap up party, i'm pretty sure I WAS IN LOVE. LOL. 

Reveal hidden contents

arp.jpg 

he has this natural, boyish, yet pretty boy kind-of-thing. 

:wub:

And i have to agree with @sukbin indeed, he looks more like a Japanese than Korean. His face is just like a person came out of manga cartoon. LOL. Look at that nose, those eyes, those jaw lines, those lips. He IS a living cartoon character. :) 

When u try to find the most handsome actor in Korea, there would not LJG in that list, but when I type the prettiest korean actor or something that has relationship with beautiful and etc, there must be LJG's name there. Freak me out lol

• Like 9

1 hour ago, elisluvgeunscouple said:

When u try to find the most handsome actor in Korea, there would not LJG in that list, but when I type the prettiest korean actor or something that has relationship with beautiful and etc, there must be LJG's name there. Freak me out lol

Well, who can deny that? It's a fact, isn't it? That HE IS PRETTY. 

Just like Rachel Green once said:

IMG_20160923_203517_1.jpg 

:grin:

• Like 10

5 hours ago, cesar33 said:

Hi @sukbin thank you for your thought. Yes, i think so. It is impossible to make the extension as the drama is a pre-produced drama. Besides i don't think if they make either the extension or sequel it will give the viewers more beautiful, satisfactory and memorable ending. Me, myself prefer to not extend or make the sequel because i think it will ruin the main beautiful story. Moreover, i want to see LJG in other drama or movie project with new character. It would be more interesting, right? :)

Hi @cesar33 Glad to know someone who happened to share the same love towards our beloved Jun Ki. Agree, I do want  to see him other movie or drama (actually I prefer drama than movie cause that will give me more time to soak on his goodness) but I must say I am going to miss Wang So a lot. To me LJK and Wang So is one. There is no separation between him and the role. But as an actor, he has to move on. Many would like him to do a rom-com and I think that should not be a problem since he is very versatile and has wide acting range. As I said before, I always pictured him playing a fierce lawyer (LJK in suit is dashing), a pilot (I am not into men in uniforms but I can take if it is LJK) or because I have just watched "Burnt" last night, I thought he would be perfect portraying a hot-tempered chef ala Bradley Cooper and the sight of him in chef uniform, I can't even begin to marvel.

4 hours ago, sooji28 said:

Yes. He looks like the perfect guy who stepped straight out of a Japanese manga. The sharp jaw line, rosebud lips, killer cheekbones and appropriately slant monolid eyes and his face is like a perfectly cut porcelain. Ok, enough gushing. 

• Like 9

This post makes me feel dizzy.

ML ratings rise a bit... It's a good news...  (It maybe due to the end of monster or the new drama..  But hoping this will continue to rise.)

Moon Lovers (10/11)
SBS

5 hours ago, leesopark16 said:

@smitten1710, hi ! Welcome to the thread ! Come here and spazz about him with us any time ;) 

thank you :D

I wonder what was lee joon-gi thinking or feeling when he was acting the scene where WangSo  had to drink the poisoned tea in ep 10 MLSH.  How many takes did he has to do before his gets the right one. To make those excruciating facial expression, make those veins pops. Wow! Big applause to you Lee Joon-Gi 

• Like 5

10 hours ago, sukbin said:

Hi @cesar33 Glad to know someone who happened to share the same love towards our beloved Jun Ki. Agree, I do want  to see him other movie or drama (actually I prefer drama than movie cause that will give me more time to soak on his goodness) but I must say I am going to miss Wang So a lot. To me LJK and Wang So is one. There is no separation between him and the role. But as an actor, he has to move on. Many would like him to do a rom-com and I think that should not be a problem since he is very versatile and has wide acting range. As I said before, I always pictured him playing a fierce lawyer (LJK in suit is dashing), a pilot (I am not into men in uniforms but I can take if it is LJK) or because I have just watched "Burnt" last night, I thought he would be perfect portraying a hot-tempered chef ala Bradley Cooper and the sight of him in chef uniform, I can't even begin to marvel.

Yes, me too @sukbin. I am going to miss Wang So too. I think he should try to do a rom-com. Viewers would like to see the different of him, right? and i am sure they are going to love it. You watched "Burnt" too? I just watched it last Saturday and YES i think he will be perfect portraying a hot-tempered chef. Aaahh if only we can decide what character or drama or movie that he will play. hehehe

• Like 7

58 minutes ago, proudme said:

This post makes me feel dizzy.

ML ratings rise a bit... It's a good news...  (It maybe due to the end of monster or the new drama..  But hoping this will continue to rise.)

Moon Lovers (10/11)
SBS

Hi @proudme It was a good news, even though i am not really interested in those rating because somehow drama who has a good story struggle with its rating and vice versa. However, for the sake of LJG and other cast members who worked hard for this drama, i really want to see MLSHR's rating growing up.

I think it is because the story become more interesting. Me, myself more interested with the story and i become more curious about what will happens with Wang So and how he will finally become the King of Goryeo.

• Like 10

23 minutes ago, cesar33 said:

Hi @proudme It was a good news, even though i am not really interested in those rating because somehow drama who has a good story struggle with its rating and vice versa. However, for the sake of LJG and other cast members who worked hard for this drama, i really want to see MLSHR's rating growing up.

I think it is because the story become more interesting. Me, myself more interested with the story and i become more curious about what will happens with Wang So and how he will finally become the King of Goryeo.

Hi cesar, in Korea, it has become a habit to continually edit the script to optimize ratings. Despite the lack of sleep and last-minute script deliveries, the cast are able to keep going for the sake of ratings. Ratings bring along recognition, and recognition is directly associated with CF contracts. For some, this could be a sufficiently sweet reward for lost sleep. In the ratings war producers tend to watch the audience’s reactions. If needed, the script will be modified, or even completely re-written. This places actors into a tough situation, as more often than not they would receive pages from a script a couple of hours or even minutes before shooting, while their hair or make-up is being done. South Korea is certainly not alone in the extremes that it will go to for ratings. The rating contributes to the sponsor. That's the entertainment industry for you. When dramas play the ratings game they win or they die. Death can mean simply losing money or being quickly forgotten. A badly performing drama can have its EP count reduced or dropped entirely. Currently, the motto going around the drama industry is “3-EPs.” If a drama doesn’t get good ratings within three episodes it’s unlikely to have a good run later on. Therefore, the lead to the pilot EP is as important as the broadcast itself. Despite all the tricks in the industry, in the end a drama’s job is to entertain its audience. :P

• Like 9

Kang Ha Neul Shares Cute Origin Story Of His Friendship With Lee Joon Gi Prior To “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Kang Ha Neul Shares Cute Origin Story Of His Friendship With Lee Joon Gi Prior To “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo”

Actor Kang Ha Neul has revealed the adorable way that he got to know his “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” co-star Lee Joon Gi, as well as what it was like to act with IU in the drama.

In a recent interview, Kang Ha Neul was asked about his experiences filming the show with the two stars. “Lee Joon Gi is an actor that I’ve liked since I was young,” he replies. “I was so happy to get to work on a project with him. I wanted to contact him first before we got to meet for the first time.”

“I didn’t know his phone number, so I found out the number of his agency’s director and very respectfully and honestly asked him for a favor, and then contacted Lee Joon Gi,” Kang Ha Neul says. “He really liked that I had stolen his phone number and contacted him first. It was on that basis that we laughed a lot while filming all the way until the end.”

Kang Ha Neul also talks about getting to know IU, and says that before they met, he only knew her through her music. “I thought at first that she would be hard to approach, but she has a cool, easy-going personality so we became close while goofing around together,” he says. “Since we’re a similar age, we were able to understand each other well too. When she’s acting, she becomes really focused in the moment, which was helpful for me too. I remember being very grateful to her while filming.”

Kang Ha Neul also tells viewers that the next ten episodes of the show will be even more dramatic and painful than the first half. “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo” airs every Monday and Tuesday on SBS.

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 12

Lee Joon-Gi, IU's 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo' tops ratings in Malaysia, Singapore

Maolen E. | Sep 26, 2016 08:53 AM EDT

• IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.'

IU and Lee Joon-Gi star in the SBS drama 'Scarlet Heart: Ryeo.' (Photo : YouTube/moon lovers)

After "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" has accumulated 1.1 billion views on China's streaming website Youku, the SBS drama posted strong viewership ratings in Malaysia and Singapore. The historical drama stars an A-list cast that includes Lee Joon Gi, Lee Ji-Eun (aka IU) and Kang Ha Neul.

"Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" reached more than 70 percent share of timeslot among the four Korean entertainment channels in both Singapore and Malaysia, Hello Kpop reported. During the airing of the first nine episodes of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo," ONE TV Asia has rated the top international paid TV channel in Singapore and Malaysia collectively.

In a released press statement, Senior Vice President and Head, Content, Production & Marketing for Sony Pictures Television Networks Asia, Virginia Lim, stated that extensive publicity efforts have led to the immense success of "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo." The outstanding ratings bear testimony to the SBS drama's strong appeal to fans, especially those who have seen its original Chinese counterpart.

"The extensive promotional and publicity efforts by ONE - including the fan meeting with one of the leading men Kang Ha Neul - undoubtedly further raised awareness and bolster anticipation of the programme here," Lim added. "The thrill of being able to catch the drama at the same time as Korea for the first time ever in Southeast Asia has helped to boost 'Scarlet Heart's' ratings."

Extremely pleased with the positive reception, actor Lee Joon Gi, who portrays 4th Prince Wang So, said that he was extremely grateful that they were able to fulfill the tastes and interests of the fans. He added that when he read the feedbacks and encouraging comments on social media, he has a feeling that he wanted to be a better actor.

The good news apparently comes as a surprise for the entire cast and crew of the SBS historical drama, considering "Scarlet Heart: Ryeo" has been experiencing low viewership ratings in South Korea. The SBS drama only has 5.7 to 9.3 percent viewership rating, as opposed to its KBS 2TV's "Moonlight Drawn By Clouds," who just broke through the 20 percent ratings milestone

Looks like our LJG drama more popular in overseas than in South Korea :)
  • Like 12

1 hour ago, proudme said:

ML ratings rise a bit... It's a good news...  (It maybe due to the end of monster or the new drama.. But hoping this will continue to rise.)

Moon Lovers (10/11)
SBS

Not bad at all. Noticed the increased in ratings the moment LJK took over the screentime starting from Episode 7. Just when few weeks ago, many thought that passing 6% is an achievement, so I am glad now that they have managed to pass 7% mark. Bring it on.

• Like 6

Spoiler

Now I realize what you all were saying about IU's acting.  She had been okay up until episode 10.  I don't know if it is that Lee Joongi was so freaking awesome in episode 10 that no one could touch his acting or if it is that she doesn't have the skills to match his acting skills.  Most of the episode , she looked like she was lost.  She gave a blank stare look throughout the episode. As the story line deepens, her lack of acting skills are showing.  On the other hand, as the story line deepens we are seeing what a fantastic actor Lee Joongi is.  He is just amazing in episode 10.  

Edited by LyraYoo
please refrain from discussing other actors in this thread
  • Like 6