Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

10 hours ago, willenette said:

*** LJK is one of the K-stars in 3rd release of the Korean Actors 200 List by KOFIC. Please take a look at his pictures here : http://koalasplayground.com/2021/04/06/lee-jun-ki-jang-hyuk-lee-seung-gi-part-of-fantastic-line-up-of-korean-stars-in-third-release-of-the-korean-actors-200-list/

I love LOVE his photos. He is a true actor:heart:. His eyes can pierce your soul. I also like the tagline on his page.

bce6f8f4d211e17c96b8c9b7c493f73978fcebc7

“Emotional action with mournful gaze and a sense of natural action is his signature. This indisputable K-wave star’s gaze becomes more profound and more beautiful...”

LEE JOON GI’s portrait photos for the KOREAN ACTORS 200 campaign

https://theactorispresent.kr/lee-joongi/

Article Translation

‘KOREAN ACTORS 200,’ 4th-week batch unveiled: from Yoo Ji Tae to Eom Ji Won, and to Lee Joon Gi

35ed130f927778564f48304d628dc19d38abb38f

The 4th batch of 20 actors for ‘KOREAN ACTORS 200’ has been unveiled.

The Korean Film Council’s (KOFIC, chairman Kim Young Jin) KOREAN ACTORS 200 campaign continues to generate a record-breaking buzz on China’s leading social media platform Weibo. […]

On April 5, at 5 p.m., the 4th batch of 20 actors unveiled on KOFIC’s global marketing platform KoBiz include actors who debuted as young stars and now stand in the center of the Korean film industry and actors who have recently become the ‘women power’ of the industry.

[…]

d3375867537181d9fff5d1594b79740843703cd1

Viewers are also fascinated by the portrait pictures of Lee Joon Gi who, following the 10-million-audience historical drama ‘King and the Clown,’ has solidified his status as a global star and proved once again his acting skills had grown in depth through his latest drama ‘Flower of Evil.’

Source: (1) (2)

• Love 4
  • Blob 1

Congratulations to Lee Joon-gi's nomination In the Baeksang Best Actor  Category!:sparklyeyes:

And  to the FOE team nominations in (Television) Best Drama, Best Directing (Kim Chul-gyu), Screenplay (Yoo Jung-hee),  Supporting Actor (Kim Ji-hun) at the 57th Baeksang Art Awards.

http:// https://www.baeksangawards.co.kr/candidate

I am so happy he is getting the recognition he so deserves! I hope he wins.!!! I do think he gave the best performance .:approves:

• Like 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1
  • Blob 1

8 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Congratulations to Lee Joon-gi's nomination In the Baeksang Best Actor  Category!

And  to the FOE team nominations in (Television) Best Drama, Best Directing (Kim Chul-gyu), Screenplay (Yoo Jung-hee),  Supporting Actor (Kim Ji-hun) at the 57th Baeksang Art Awards.

http:// https://www.baeksangawards.co.kr/candidate

I am so happy he is getting the recognition he so deserves! I hope he wins.!!! I do think he gave the best performance .

@Tuiwgn, I share your happiness. I am so happy for him. I am proud to be a fan of such a good actor. He brought so much quality into every scene in this drama. I'm sure you agree with me. It's exactly one of his best dramas. It's just so sad that Moon chae won is not nominated. She deserved a nomination. Best Actor category is very competitive. Congratulations for all nominees - especially to Kim Soo Hyun, too! To both of you - Fighting! :heart1:

• Love 2
  • Blob 1

Baeksang Arts Awards 2021: Date, Complete Nomination List, Live Streaming Details

The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards, popularly known as Paeksang Arts Awards, will be held on 13 May. The organiners have announced the complete list of nominations on Monday, 12 April.

The award is instituted by Ilgan Sports and JTBC Plus, affiliates of the JoongAng Ilbo, to honour the talents from the film, theatre and television industries.

Chang Key-young, the founder of Hankook Ilbo newspaper, introduced the award in 1965. It is presented in his pen name 'Baeksang'. It is considered one of the prestigious awards by Korean entertainment industry.

Live stream details:
The 57th annual Baeksang Arts Awards will be broadcast live via JTBC on 13 a 9 pm KST onwards. For the past few years, the star-studded event was telecast live through VLive and the tradition is likely to continue this year. However, there would not be live crowd this year due to Covid-19.

Nominees:

Best Actor:
Kim Soo Hyun – It's Okay to Not Be Okay
Song Joong Ki – Vincenzo
Shin Ha Kyun – Beyond Evil
Uhm Ki Joon – The Penthouse
Lee Joon Gi – Flower of Evil

Best Drama:
JTBC's Beyond Evil
tvN's It's Okay to Not Be Okay
tvN's Flower of Evil
tvN's My Unfamiliar Family
Netflix's Extracurricular

(skipped unrelated.....

credit https://www.ibtimes.sg/baeksang-arts-awards-2021-date-complete-nomination-list-live-stream-details-56764

• Love 2
  • Thanks 1

*** Baeksang Arts Awards are one of the major awards in South Korea for the entertainment industry. When an actor wins an award in this category, you know they’re amongst the most impeccable actors in the industry. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards will air on May 13, 9 PM KST! I hope the lucky ones will bring home the bacon. Good luck, LJK! :Please:

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, willenette said:

*** Baeksang Arts Awards are one of the major awards in South Korea for the entertainment industry. When an actor wins an award in this category, you know they’re amongst the most impeccable actors in the industry. The 57th Baeksang Arts Awards will air on May 13, 9 PM KST! I hope the lucky ones will bring home the bacon. Good luck, LJK! :Please:

@willenette, yes please please. please win! I will be very disappointed otherwise

• Like 2

8 K-Drama Remakes Of Your Favorite International TV Series

You have probably watched the OG series!

Korean dramas are arguably one of the most popular genres for television shows. But did you know that some of your favorite titles are actually spin-offs of foreign series? Yup, you read that right!

We rounded up eight popular K-dramas that are remakes from international titles:

2. Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo (2016)

Who’s in it: IU, Lee Joon Gi, Kang Ha Neul, Nam Joo Hyuk, Ji Soo, Kang Han Na, EXO's Baekhyun

Where you can watch it: Viu

We still miss you, Prince Wang So! This 2016 hit drama is based on the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xin which translates to Starling By Each Step. Before Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo was released, China released their own version of the drama titled Scarlet Heart in 2011.

5. Criminal Minds (2017)

Who’s in it: Lee Joon Gi, Son Hyun Joo, Moon Chae Won, Yoo Sun

Where you can watch it: Viu

Everyone, including their eommas (moms), has most likely seen an episode of the American TV show, Criminal Minds. But did you know that South Korea has its own version that aired in 2017? Unlike its American counterpart, South Korea’s Criminal Minds only lasted for one season, whereas the original had a whopping 15!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.cosmo.ph/entertainment/must-watch-k-drama-remakes-a4825-20210416

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 4/13/2021 at 9:22 PM, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette, yes please please. please win! I will be very disappointed otherwise

@Tuiwgn, wait & see................ Shin Dong-yup and Bae Suzy are confirmed to team up once more as hosts of the upcoming 57th Baeksang Arts Awards. Owing to the present COVID-19 pandemic, the event will be held on May 13 without an audience. However, it will be broadcast live on JTBC at 9 p.m. KST.  :heart2:

source : https://m.newsen.com/news_view.php?uid=202104160905566710#_enliple

• Thanks 2

On 4/16/2021 at 8:46 PM, Tuiwgn said:

Lee Joon Gi  DREAM 2

Naver NOW, live broadcast April 17, 8pm (Korean time)

Let's crash the server again for his birthday !!!

@Tuiwgn, thanks for sharing this. Since this was in celebration of his birthday, IU made a surprise phone call and they   talked about their friendship and “Scarlet Heart: Goryeo,” the drama through which they were first introduced to each other. “ Lee Joon Gi brought up a question he often received from fans, which was whether there would be a season two of the drama. He commented that it was realistically difficult to make it happen, but he asked IU if she would be interested in appearing in the drama if a second season were to be produced. IU answered, “Isn’t that amazing? If the conditions are right for us to all gather together, there is no reason not to do it."  Ohhh.................I missed the drama. It's been over four years??? Am I right? Well, I don't need season 2, but, I am curious for those deleted scenes, though. I remembered so many signed up for a petition way back then just to have "Scarlet Heart season 2!" Since this is a remake of a Chinese drama,  the Chinese drama has a season 2. :coolshades:

Belated Happy Birthday Oppa! :popcornjackson:

• Love 2

@willenette, loved JG in Scarlet Heart, but no season 2 , thank you. I dont think they can come up with a good enough story ( The Chinese version Season 2 was a disaster).

However, do agree with you on the deleted scene - I want to see them.

And JG was wonderful as always at the Talk, his hand written message was very touching...

The sad part for me was that he did sort of mention he  cut his hair because the historical drama was not happening...

Anyway, just have to wait and see what he will do next. 

• Like 2
  • Love 1

3 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

@willenette, loved JG in Scarlet Heart, but no season 2 , thank you. I dont think they can come up with a good enough story ( The Chinese version Season 2 was a disaster).

However, do agree with you on the deleted scene - I want to see them.

I agree about no season 2. Even if they could get enough of the original cast together, I don't see how they could come up with a compelling story in modern times. The greatest appeal of Moon Lovers was the time travel and the exotic setting of Goryeo.

I think people would have been satisfied without a season 2 if they had aired that last scene so we could imagine a happy ending in present day. Maybe they didn't air it because they didn't want to tease a season 2 that couldn't happen. On the other hand, maybe the tragedy of the ending we got is what makes the drama so memorable for so many people.

Of course, I love LJG so much I could watch him read the phone book (or listen to him without subtitles for 3 or 4 hours). But I wouldn't want to see him work so hard on a drama that didn't have a chance for success because of weakness of story. Criminal Minds, anyone?

• Like 2

17 hours ago, joybran said:

I agree about no season 2. Even if they could get enough of the original cast together, I don't see how they could come up with a compelling story in modern times. The greatest appeal of Moon Lovers was the time travel and the exotic setting of Goryeo.

I think people would have been satisfied without a season 2 if they had aired that last scene so we could imagine a happy ending in present day. Maybe they didn't air it because they didn't want to tease a season 2 that couldn't happen. On the other hand, maybe the tragedy of the ending we got is what makes the drama so memorable for so many people.

Of course, I love LJG so much I could watch him read the phone book (or listen to him without subtitles for 3 or 4 hours). But I wouldn't want to see him work so hard on a drama that didn't have a chance for success because of weakness of story. Criminal Minds, anyone?

Love that  -:lol:, sooo original!!

For me the greatest appeal Of MOON LOvers is of course  : Lee Joon Gi and historical drama

Criminal Minds wasn't bad.  I finished it and enjoyed JG's part, lots of action scenes and some memorable moments. ( I did not watch the original US series)

• Like 2

5 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Criminal Minds wasn't bad.  I finished it and enjoyed JG's part, lots of action scenes and some memorable moments. ( I did not watch the original US series)

Of course, we enjoyed JG's part of Criminal Minds, but the show didn't experience much success with people who weren't already fans. I want to see him working on projects like Moon Lovers and Flower of Evil with stories good enough to bring him new fans. I want to see him in projects that offer him new challenges and showcase his ever-growing skills.

• Like 2

11 Pairings We Wouldn’t Mind Seeing Reunite In A K-Drama

Often times, you finish watching a drama and the chemistry between the two leads is just so enigmatic that you’re already hoping deep down that they’ll reunite for a future project. This may even involve you signing a petition or two, demanding for a second season or reunion.

It’s happened in the past where two actors have had such talked about chemistry that they return many years later on the small screen, but it is pretty rare.

5. IU and Lee Joon Gi

iu-lee-joon-gi1.jpeg

Sigh. This is one couple the world has never gotten over. No one could have prepared fans for the heartbreak and loss they would feel after watching the final episode of “Scarlet Heart Goryeo.” The love story between Wang So and Hae Soo was so real and strong that people are still demanding a second season be made. Although there is no sign of a second season in sight, a reunion of the two even in different characters on the small-screen would suffice (although that cameo appearance of Lee Joon Gi in “Hotel Del Luna” was pretty adorable)!

(skipped unrelated.....)

credit : soompi news

• Like 4

• 2 weeks later...

*** Here's how  LJK looks like in military uniform. He's mesmerizing in green.  He initially wanted to defer his military service as he had two upcoming projects. However, his application was rejected and he enlisted on 2010.  He earned top scores in marksmanship during his basic training and was later assigned to the Ministry of National Defense's public relations department. He starred in the military musical Voyage of Life alongside fellow actor Ju Ji-hoon. After 21 months of active duty, he was discharged on Feb 16, 2012.  :luvarrow:

https://www.instagram.com/p/B06q-CdJTm5/?utm_source=ig_embed

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Blob 1