Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

6 hours ago, chickenchopflipflop83 said:

I have waited so many years for a drama like foe to showcase joon gi's talents. But it's so sad that over the years this forum has become quieter and quieter even though his finest performance has finally arrived. 

Good news is he seems to be booming on reddit. The younger and western fan base is really growing! 

I was disappointed too that this thread was so quiet. I missed the days from a few years ago when it was very active. I was glad to find the Flower of Evil thread more active.

• Like 4

I am super proud of him. I've been waiting for a quality project like this to come his way where everything was in sync(writing, direction, chemistry with female lead, great ensemble cast etc). A project that would garner massive positive reviews from both the domestic and international audience. I think this was his toughest role yet but he delivered. It required so much from him. He had to act as a loving & caring husband and father, Son of Baek family, Hae Soo's brother, Kim Moo Jin's friend,  and enemy of Baek Hee Sung. He had to showcase cooking skills, a metal craftsman and show some bits of psychosis. 

099473c386b0440cd856b95aec168f019f99e782

Gif: @iwillgotoyou (tumblr)

He said in his IG live chat that he was hesitant to take this role because he didn't believe he had the acting gravitas to pull it off. It was hard for him in the beginning stages of this show. I am guessing also because melodrama is not his forte. His expertise and comfort zone is in thrillers and saguek. He said the whole process has been like crossing a mountain in his acting career. I think we can all agree that his acting is becoming more and more mature, the way he conveys emotions is getting deeper with every project. He was at his very best in "Flower of Evil" . Gives off the vibes of a veteran, seasoned actor now and still looks gorgeous too:wub:.

• Like 2
  • Love 3

9 Heart Fluttering Couples With Little Height Difference In K-Dramas

Welcome back to the height difference in K-Dramas series.

For your lover, do you prefer someone shorter, with the same height, or taller? Or height just does not matter for you? For the past weeks, we focused on couples with huge height differences. Now, it is time to have a look at the couples that have almost the same height.

Here are 9 heart fluttering couples that have 10cm or less of height difference making them having little height difference.

9- "Criminal Minds" - 10cm

9 Heart Fluttering Couples With Little Height Difference In K-Dramas

tvN

Lee JoonGi: 178cm

Moon ChaeWon: 168cm

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kpopmap.com/9-heart-fluttering-couples-with-little-height-difference-in-kdramas/

• Like 1
  • Love 1

“Flower Of Evil” Director, Writer, And Producer Share Thoughts On The Drama + Overcoming Initial Prejudice

ed1264ccde0848e5881b0109623f67d6.jpeg?s=

Following the conclusion of tvN’s “Flower of Evil,” the director, writer, and chief producer (CP) shared their thoughts on the drama and their experience during filming.

“Flower of Evil,” which received critical acclaim and enjoyed positive word-of-mouth from viewers, saw a consistent rise in viewership ratings over the course of its 16-episode run. The series finale, which aired on September 23, achieved the drama’s highest ratings to date.

Expressing his gratitude to everyone who worked on the drama, director Kim Chul Gyu remarked, “I’d like to thank all of the staff, cast, and production team for pouring their passion into ‘Flower of Evil’ so that it could bloom, even during these uneasy times fraught with COVID-19, the long typhoon season, and the heat of summer.”

“It was a huge blessing for me to be part of ‘Flower of Evil,’ and I was extremely happy during the journey of creating each and every scene,” he continued. “I’m grateful that we were able to successfully wrap up the drama without any issues, and I want to thank the viewers once again for giving us their unsparing love and passionate interest. I hope that ‘Flower of Evil’ will remain in your hearts for a long time.”

Flower-of-Evil11.jpg

Writer Yoo Jung Hee thanked the drama’s fans in particular, commenting, “I believe that the life span of a drama is determined by viewers’ love, so thank you for giving ‘Flower of Evil’ life.” 

“In the drama, Do Hyun Soo repeatedly lost his way and didn’t know where to go,” said the writer. “Then, in the summer of 2006, Do Hyun Soo met the one and only love of his life, Cha Ji Won, in the most ordinary of supermarkets. He ended up realizing that all of his wandering up until then had been a journey leading him to meet his destiny.”

“Similarly, I hope that in the future, we will all fondly look back at our current wanderings as a journey,” Yoo Jung Hee went on. “With that in mind, I will remember and love our main characters Do Hyun Soo, Cha Ji Won, Do Hae Soo, and Kim Moo Jin for a long time.”

Finally, CP Yoo Sang Won spoke about the initial challenge of overcoming negative preconceived notions about the drama’s story.

“When ‘Flower of Evil’ first began, we faced a lot of prejudice against the drama, such as ‘The main character is a murderer?’ and ‘Is this drama really a romance?'” he recalled. “However, as the drama progressed, the character broke down everyone’s preconceived notions. The perfect combination of romance and suspense touched the hearts of everyone who was a part of the drama.”

Spoiler

Spoiler

The producer went on, “Do Hyun Soo, who lived in hiding for 14 years under the name of Baek Hee Sung, even broke down his own prejudices against himself and returned to his own life as Do Hyun Soo. Similarly, even though ‘Flower of Evil’ has ended, I hope that we will all be able to shine as we return to our own places in life. I want to sincerely thank everyone who stayed with us from the beginning to the end, as well as all the viewers who gave their love to ‘Flower of Evil.'”

Watch “Flower of Evil” with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Love 2

Romance-thriller series 'Flower of Evil' ends with its highest rating

optimize

TvN's romance-thriller series "Flower of Evil" wrapped up with its highest rating on Wednesday.

The last episode scored a nationwide 5.7 percent viewership, with a 6.6 percent rating in the greater Seoul area.

The series, which started on July 29, has enjoyed popularity because of the actors' stellar performances and the cliff-hangers in every episode.

63deab19539e49e1a0aacd2ee4706d16.jpg

The story follows metal craftsman Baek Hee-seong (Lee Joon-gi) who hides that he is the son of an infamous serial killer from Cha Ji-won (Moon Chae-won), his wife who also is a detective.

The couple's relationship takes a turn when Ji-won starts to suspect that her husband may be an accomplice of the killer.

Lee said it was a challenging role.

"The character seemed to be very complicated, so I felt overwhelmed in the beginning," Lee said. "I think this series will linger in me for a long time."

He expressed gratitude for the many staff members who helped him understand the character better.

Moon also said she had difficulty playing her character, who goes on an "emotional rollercoaster" ― from suspecting her husband to finding out the sad truth.

"I thought it would be challenging but it was much harder when I put it into action, as her emotion changes so dynamically … I had to figure out the ways to express the feelings convincingly to the viewers," she said. "I felt satisfied when that hard work produced such good results."

This was the second time the two stars had worked together, after the crime thriller "Criminal Minds."

"Joon-gi is outgoing, whereas I'm introverted … but despite that difference, our chemistry always seemed to hit it off," Moon said. "As he always encouraged me on the set with his energy, he was such a great partner."

credit : Korea Times

• Love 2

3 Korean Dramas With Hate-to-Love Relationships

The well-known hate-to-love relationship is one of the oldest romantic plots that, let's admit, works every time!

We all agree that witnessing two characters who fuss and fight like cats and dogs to discover what's in store for them all along slowly makes the story very interesting. Often, one would instantly know when he is attracted to a person. 

However, there will be times that two people are feeling some deep emotions with one another without their conscious realization. And here we are sitting in front of our television screens hoping that the two people who have a "hate-to-love relationship" would realize what we knew all along, that they were meant to be together! 

So let's not make this any longer. Check out our list of Korean dramas with hate to love relationship for you to enjoy and cheer on.

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo

3 Korean Dramas With Hate To Love Relationship
(Photo : SBS)

Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo started from the current modern time to traveling back to the Goryeo Dynasty Era. The story centers on Go Ha Jin (IU) waking up in the year 941 with a different body as Hae Soo. Then, she got entangled with the royal princes of the ruling Wang family during the reign of King Taejo.

At first, she develops deeps feelings for 8th Prince Wang Wook (Kang Ha Neul), and somehow dislikes the personality of 4th Prince (Wang So - Lee Joon Gi) who hides his face behind a mask and is given the derogatory label of "wolf dog".

However, as the story develops, Hae Soo finds herself falling in love with the so called "wolf dog" upon getting to know his true personality as a kind and caring person.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118988/20200923/3-korean-dramas-with-hate-to-love-relationships.htm

• Like 2

Article Translation

With a performance that is not only new but creative, Lee Joon Gi proves again his world-star status through ‘Flower of Evil'

7ec23c782c143fa151c09b4abc165464cc3258d3

‘Flower of Evil’ ended, but ‘Actor Lee Joon Gi’ has just begun.

As tvN’s ‘Flower of Evil’ finished to cheers on September 23, Lee Joongi, who led the drama, is getting some extraordinary response from around the world. From various search engines to OTT platforms, and to YouTube, people are giving Lee Joongi a round applause for his performance in ‘Flower of Evil.’

Since its premiere, drama ‘Flower of Evil’ has generated buzz for its solidly-written story, directing, and stellar performances from the cast. Its popularity quickly grew by word of mouth, and has become “the best drama in 2020” and a “drama of my life” for many drama fans. Top-notch acting from Lee Joongi, who made a small-screen comeback after a two-year hiatus, in particular, continued to outdo itself with each episode and instantly captivated viewers, demonstrating the actor’s lasting popularity and influence.

Through ‘Flower of Evil,’ Lee Joongi proved his unlimited potential as an actor once again, making his presence felt not only in Korea but overseas. During its run, ‘Flower of Evil’ topped search keyword rankings on international search engines in real time. Even after the drama ended, Lee Joongi continued to generate buzz with reaction videos where fans express their admiration for the actor’s performance in ‘Flower of Evil.’

On YouTube, the world’s largest video streaming platform, search ‘Flower of Evil’ and you will find many reaction videos made by fans from around the world. Lee Joongi’s acting skills and visuals are transcending national borders and captivating viewers worldwide.

There are also eye-catching comments on global TV streaming platform ‘Viki,’ which services global TV shows and movies. International viewers shower Lee Joongi with praise for his top-notch performance, saying things like, “His performance is not just new but even creative” and “He’s a flawless actor who can do any genre, like suspense and melodrama,” and even start watching his previous works.

Despite the hiatus, actor Lee Joongi has given a performance he’d never given before and created a new image for himself, solidifying his standing as one of the leading actors in Korea. ‘Flower of Evil’ is over, but people are on the lookout for what he will show the world in the future.

Source: @allaboutjoongi

• Like 1
  • Love 2

“Flower Of Evil” Mysteries That Remain To Be Solved In The Finale

0496541f90cc4d4ebbb1d3623dd65adb.jpeg?s=

With “Flower of Evil” sadly coming to a close today, tvN has shared three unsolved mysteries for fans to keep an eye on in the finale!

“Flower of Evil” is a thriller drama about a man named Do Hyun Soo (Lee Joon Gi), who lives under the identity of Baek Hee Sung to hide his past. His detective wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) begins to suspect that he may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Check out the three mysteries below!

Spoiler

1. Do Hyun Soo’s choice

Episode 15 ended with a shocking cliffhanger in which Do Hyun Soo took a bullet shot by the real Baek Hee Sung (played by Kim Ji Hoon). The scene was even more heartbreaking because Do Hyun Soo had been tricked into thinking that Cha Ji Won was dead, and since he can see dead people, he believed that she was simply a hallucination too.

Haunted by the specter of his dead father, Do Hyun Soo has been trapped in restraints of his own making since he was young, and he considered himself to be someone without emotions. However, Cha Ji Won helped him to fully realize the meaning of unconditional love and he’s gradually moving in a new direction toward living like a “real person.”

Fans are curious to see if Do Hyun Soo, after spending decades oppressed by others’ prejudice, will be able to overcome his own prejudice about himself and they’re also wondering what direction he’ll choose to take.

2. The conclusion of the Yeonju serial killer case

Another critical point to watch out for in the finale will be the conclusion of the unresolved Yeonju serial killer case. Through their investigation, Cha Ji Won and her fellow detectives discovered that the accomplice to the murderer Do Min Seok (Choi Myung Bo) was Baek Hee Sung, and not Do Min Seok’s son Do Hyun Soo.

However, Baek Hee Sung was shot by the police due to his surprising actions right before his arrest, and it’s now unclear whether or not he’ll be able to pay the price for his crimes. In addition, viewers are wondering about the future of Do Hyun Soo, who had to hide his real self from the world for so long because he was considered a suspect, and Baek Hee Sung’s parents Baek Man Woo (Son Jong Hak) and Gong Mi Ja (Nam Gi Ae) who not only condoned their son’s crimes but also took part.

3. The crime committed by Do Hae Soo

As the real murderer of the Gagyeong village head, Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin) has been feeling a great amount of guilt about her brother Do Hyun Soo taking the fall for her. She couldn’t live a proper life and she was adamant that she was going to turn herself into the police. When Cha Ji Won stopped her from turning herself in, she told her, “I’m going to pay it back. I will definitely pay it back in my lifetime.” True to her word, she saved her niece Baek Eun Ha (Jung Seo Yeon) by sacrificing herself and being stabbed by Baek Hee Sung.

After hovering at the brink of live and death, she thankfully gained consciousness at the end of the latest episode. However, despite her sacrifice, the fact of her previous crime still remains—and not only that, Do Hyun Soo is still being considered a suspect. Fans are therefore curious about how this situation will be resolved.

Anticipation is higher than ever to see how the story of Do Hyun Soo, Cha Ji Won, and everyone around them comes to an end.

The “Flower of Evil” finale airs on September 23 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Watch “Flower of Evil” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

He is considering rom com drama next(I know he wouldnt pass another thriller drama opportunity though if its attractive though:D). His filmography is full of them.Now its balanced with his sageuks(Time between dog and wolf, Two Weeks, Criminal Minds, Lawless Lawyer and even though Flower of Evil is more melo it still has thriller). I want him to do more melos though, this time a traditional melodrama. I think he would be wonderful in them. But maybe back to back melo would not be good because it would overlap with FoE. He has been crying for more than half the drama.Its time to see him smile and love in a drama so bring on the rom com.

Lee Joon-gi Talks About Filming “Flower Of Evil”, Flower Beer Day & His Love For BTS

In the blink of an eye, it’s almost time for the last episode of Flower Of Evil, starring Lee Joon-gi. Thanks to Viu, we were able to get the affable actor to answer some of our burning questions regarding his experience filming Flower Of Evil, what projects he wants to pursue next, and his love for BTS.

1. What was the most memorable part of filming Flower of Evil?

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil reading script
Image credit: @actor_jg

I remember every day of our shooting. I’m active on the set and the crew members and I are always there for each other. This way, I believe we can turn the tiring shoot into a fun memory with smiles. I always have nothing but pleasant memories.

2. Out of all the roles you’ve played so far, which has been the most challenging?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Scarlet Heart Ryeo

Image credit: Fanpop

I’ve done a lot of historical and action genres and I think most of the productions had moments that were physically demanding. On both extremely hot or cold days, I only wore a hanbok (traditional Korean costume) and filmed a lot of vigorous action scenes that could possibly injure my body. However, looking back now, I think every moment remains a fun and precious memory rather than a tough and tiring one.

3. What kind of roles would you like to try out in the future?

Since I have had my shot at both suspense and melodramatic genres, I would like to take on the challenge of romantic comedy next. (laughs)

4. Which dramas and variety shows have you been watching lately?

Spoiler

lee joon gi iu knowing bros

Image adapted from: Viu

I enjoy watching JTBC’s Knowing Bros. Also, although it isn’t a TV program, I am into watching history lectures on YouTube when I have the time. I’ve liked history since I was a student and I enjoy watching such videos these days because there are many people who explain history in a fun way through the platform.

5. What’s the most-played song on your phone right now?

I have been enjoying BTS’s songs recently. To me, they are a group that puts up perfect performances and song lyrics, along with really good melodies in their songs. Due to that, I have added almost all of their songs into my music playlist and will put them on when I want to listen to songs when I go for drives.

6. Do you have a habit of eating late at night?

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil bar

Most of my fans already know this – I really enjoy my beers and therefore will end my night by drinking a can of beer on my own. Recently, I have been watching Flower of Evil while drinking beer and I really think it fits the atmosphere of the drama. Therefore, the fans and I have created a thing called “Flower Beer Day” where we enjoy both the drama and a can of beer when new episodes get aired.

7. How do you keep yourself motivated?

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil stillsImage credit: @actor_jg

I actually receive energy from the film set. Rather than being at home, the process of moving towards a common goal with the crew members gives me a lot of strength. I’m gaining energy by working with the crew members on the Flower of Evil film set. If you come back home to some cold beer after such a passionate day, there is nothing else that beats the healing power of it. (laughs)

8. Cats or dogs?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil dogs in pool

I prefer dogs. In reality, I am living with two dogs of mine called Ggabi and Jjooni and I think that they are absolutely lovely. They both have given me a lot of strength.

9. Have you been doing Brazilian Jiu-Jitsu these days and which belt are you at now?

Spoiler

Lee Joon-gi Flower Of Evil brazilian jiu jitsu

Although I haven’t been able to do much due to the fact that I have to be filming, I did manage to receive a blue belt last year. After we are done with the filming of Flower of Evil, I would really like to start sweating out by exercising again

Source: https://thesmartlocal.com/korea/lee-joon-gi-interview/

• Love 4

Lee Joon Gi Looks Uneasy But Determined As He Sits In The Courtroom In “Flower Of Evil”

0bb288468e504d898aa2c55a8d02f2d8.jpeg?s=

tvN shared a glimpse of the final episode of “Flower of Evil”!

The thriller drama is about a man named Do Hyun Soo (Lee Joon Gi), who lives under the identity of Baek Hee Sung to hide his past. His detective wife Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) begins to suspect that he may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

In the new stills, Do Hyun Soo is sitting in the witness stand. His expression is stiff with nervousness, but he seems determined to reveal the truth. Do Hyun Soo was originally a suspect in the murder of a village foreman 18 years ago, and he was accused of being an accomplice in his father’s serial murder case. So viewers are wondering why he’s sitting in the witness stand instead of the defendant’s seat.

lee-joon-gi-3.jpg

flower-of-evil-13.jpg

One of the key points in this scene is the existence of a jury, which indicates that ordinary people are participating in this trial to deem someone as guilty or innocent. Cha Ji Won and Kim Moo Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) are also watching the proceeding with apprehensive eyes, and Cha Ji Won especially can’t take her eyes off of Do Hyun Soo.

The production team of “Flower of Evil” shared, “All the puzzle pieces will be put together in this episode. Do Hyun Soo, Cha Ji Won, Kim Moo Jin, and Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin) will each have to make new choices, so please watch how their stories unfold and the emotions they express.”

Watch “Flower of Evil” below:

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Love 2

[HanCinema's News] Lee Joon-gi Makes Closing Remarks About "Flower of Evil"

photo1240779.jpg

On September 24th actor Lee Joon-gi revealed his closing thoughts for the drama "Flower of Evil" on Instagram.

"Flower of Evil" ended on September 23rd with ratings of 5.7%. In the drama, Lee Joon-gi played a husband with a disturbing secret past. The conflict revolved around his detective wife, played by Moon Chae-won, was investigating this past life.

Lee Joon-gi mentioned how the days weren't easy, but that he smiled as he worked his way through difficult assignments, and how this made his recurring day-by-day life of the drama feel like an achievement. Lee Joon-gi also expressed joy about having had the opportunity to work with so many good people in a familial environment.

Lee Joon-gi described a special sort of sadness about their separation, wondering when they might have a chance to meet again.

Lee Joon-gi promised to improve himself as an actor for his next project, and also thanked his fans, both domestic and international, for their support. Lee Joon-gi also expressed pride in the quality of the staff and story in "Flower of Evil". Fans responding to Lee Joon-gi's Instagram post were touched by his statements. Lee Joon-gi currently has no confirmed upcoming projects.

Written by William Schwartz

• Love 2

*** "Flower of Evil" ended with a bang — its highest rating of 5.7 percent. :blush:

*******************************************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Sep. 21-27, 2020

source : dramabeans

https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/09/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-sep-21-27-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, Sep. 23      
When I Was the Most Beautiful 10 MBC 3.7%
Flower of Evil 16 tvN 5.7%
  • Wiggle 1

“Flower Of Evil” Star Seo Hyun Woo Reveals Why He Was Impressed By Lee Joon Gi During Filming

1894d8bf5a484cf5a5eeecdfcc2c087d.jpeg?s=

In a recent interview, “Flower of Evil” star Seo Hyun Woo talked about his experience filming the hit tvN drama.

In “Flower of Evil,” Seo Hyun Woo played the role of journalist Kim Moo Jin, a childhood friend of Do Hyun Soo (played by Lee Joon Gi) and the ex-boyfriend of Do Hyun Soo’s sister Do Hae Soo (played by Jang Hee Jin).

Seo Hyun Woo also spoke highly of his co-stars Lee Joon Gi and Jang Hee Jin, commenting, “Lee Joon Gi and Jang Hee Jin are true veteran actors.

Because it was my first leading role, I was excited but also very nervous, and they understood that better than anyone. They helped me feel comfortable even starting with rehearsals.”

He went on to praise Lee Joon Gi in particular, recalling, “Lee Joon Gi is an actor that makes you wonder where all that energy is coming from: that’s how cheerful and lively he is, and he’s a person who gives everyone around him great vibes and energy. When I felt down because of my own shortcomings while acting, he would approach me first to comfort me and talk about it. He was someone who led the entire set and everyone on it that way. While playing my first lead, I learned a lot from watching Lee Joon Gi.”

Describing how Lee Joon Gi had impressed him while filming their basement fight scene, Seo Hyun Woo revealed, “I was really worried about it, but I ended up being grateful to Lee Joon Gi. As befit his ‘action expert’ title, he made it possible for me to film the scene safely. I really received a ton of help from him. The scene involved strangling, and I felt like I was acting together with a martial arts expert. He knew how to make it look real without hurting me at all. That’s the kind of acting he was capable of.”

Seo-Hyun-Woo-Lee-Joon-Gi-2.jpg

Seo-Hyun-Woo-Lee-Joon-Gi-3.jpg

(skipped unrelated.....)

Watch “Flower of Evil” with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Love 3
  • Awesome 1

*** I enjoyed this drama so much. LJK has done so well in this drama. I love the ending scene.  :blush:

****************************************************************************************************

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The “Flower Of Evil” Finale

542a4c163ab44c45a747eb857d2bda30.jpeg?s=

tvN’s “Flower of Evil” has finally finished and, in true melodrama fashion, has left viewers feeling a spectrum of emotions. Episode 15 finished on a devastating cliffhanger that left Do Hyun Soo’s (Lee Joon Gi) life in the balance with Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) fighting to keep him by her side. Much like all the previous episodes, viewers will need one final box of tissues to accompany this episode. Here are the things we loved and hated about the drama’s finale.

Warning: spoilers for the final episode below. 

Spoiler

LOVED: Cha Ji Won and Do Hyun Soo’s wedding flashback

Having been married from the first episode, viewers have only gotten flashbacks to piece together Ji Won and Hyun Soo’s epic love story. From their first date to their first kiss, the show had given us all their highlights except for their wedding. Fortunately, the finale opens up with the pair taking their wedding photos. They both look absolutely stunning while they pose in various positions for the photos. The photographer asks Ji Won to smile more naturally, and eventually Hyun Soo asks if they can take a short break. He notices her discomfort, and they discuss the reality about his parents not attending. He quickly reassures Ji Won that he won’t regret it and says that she’s all he has.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil8.gif

This scene is just so soft. From the lighting to the music to Ji Won’s effortless bridal look, viewers can’t help but be awed by this scene. It’s so simple and gentle that no matter what’s to come in the present, you get the feeling that they will have their happily ever after. This is the perfect way to open up the finale.

LOVED: Do Hae Soo getting a happy ending

Throughout the drama, there was always a looming fear that Do Hae Soo (Jang Hee Jin) wouldn’t survive the entirety of the show. Fortunately, she survived Baek Hee Sung’s (Kim Ji Hoon) wrath and was able to make a full recovery. In the finale, she is finally facing judgment for her sins and is on trial for the murder of the village foreman. While Hyun Soo’s testimony seems to further muddy her defense, Ji Won, her partners, and Hyun Soo are able to find a witness to help her case. They all celebrate when she is set free at the end of her trial. Afterwards, she has a final dinner with Kim Mu Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) and her brother to let them know of her plans to travel abroad.

The ending of Hae Soo’s story is one of the most wholesome parts of the finale. She suffered through such a lonely life, and it is delightful that her character has a happy ending. There were plenty of conversations she had with other characters that seemed so finite that viewers couldn’t help but question whether she would find healing like Hyun Soo. Her plans to travel abroad are incredibly fitting. While it would have been easy to give her a happy ending with Mu Jin, as it was clear their feelings for each other had not ended, it’s satisfying that the writer chose another route. Instead of choosing someone else, Hae Soo chooses herself, and it’s the perfect end to her character arc.

LOVED: The story behind Hyun Soo’s shop name

If there’s one thing that’s now fully evident thanks to the finale, it’s how absolutely romantic Hyun Soo is. Even if he didn’t always know it himself, the finale solidifies just how much he loves Ji Won. After waking up in the hospital with no memory of Ji Won, Hyun Soo has to go on one final journey to discover how he feels about her. His search for the perfect workshop place leads him back to his workshop under his home with Ji Won. There he finds his old journals and business card with the name of his shop. Ji Won walks in and mentions how he never told her the meaning behind the name. She quips that now no one will ever know, and Hyun Soo immediately tells her the story behind it.

lee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil
lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil24.gif
lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil31.gif
lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil41.gif

What more could solidify their romance as epic as a parallel to a Greek god? Aside from how romantic this scene is in general, the part that makes this so incredible is the idea that Hyun Soo learns from himself how much Ji Won meant to him. The whole episode, he keeps asking other people how much he cared for Ji Won, but he doesn’t know if he could quite trust it himself. It is clear that he lived a long time thinking that he was similar to the god Hephaestus, and his shop name was something that was very personal to him, which was why he never shared it in the past. This is such a heartfelt scene that truly reveals to Hyun Soo what viewers already knew—he has loved Ji Won for a very long time, and nothing will ever change that, even if it’s amnesia.

LOVED: The ending scene of the show

Now if there’s one thing that was always up in the air from the first episode of this drama, it was Ji Won, Hyun Soo, and Eun Ha’s (Jung Seo Yeon) happy ending. The whole premise of the show is if their marriage and family would survive his lie that lasted for over a decade and a half. In typical K-drama fashion, the happy ending came in the last few minutes of the show. After reconciling in his workshop, Ji Won asks Hyun Soo if she would like to accompany him to pick up Eun Ha from school. Similar to the flashback of when they first saw Eun Ha after her birth, he asks Ji Won if she thinks Eun Ha will like him. Ji Won simply laughs, and soon enough, we see father and daughter reunite. Eun Ha is as bright and bubbly as ever and doesn’t hesitate to let Hyun Soo know that she loves him the most in the world. The show ends on the three of them embracing with tears and huge smiles.

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-jung-seo-yeon-
moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi-jung-seo-yeon-

This scene is hopeful, happy, and melancholic all at once, and that’s what makes it so beautiful. Considering half the finale has you wondering if they will even receive a happy ending, this scene comes as a huge relief. After all the suffering they had to go through, they can finally live happily together. Like any good final scene of a finale, it touches your heart and has you aching to see them just one last time before the frame freezes and the credits roll.

HATED: The amnesia plot

If there’s one trope that is overdone in K-dramas, it’s amnesia. Most of the time, it’s a last-ditch effort for angst to separate the leads until the final moments of the finale. However, that’s not to say it’s always a bad thing. “Flower of Evil” brings a fresh take on this trope by adding some serious nuance and detail that keeps it in tune with the other episodes of the show. After surviving Baek Hee Sung’s gunshot at the end of episode 15, Hyun Soo has a successful surgery. While the doctor tells Ji Won that he is in stable condition and it’s just a matter of him waking up, viewers watch as all of his memories of Ji Won fade away. For the whole finale, Hyun Soo struggles to grapple with the life his past self had built after his car accident. Hyun Soo’s frustration reaches an uncomfortable climax with Ji Won when he tells her that he can read her too easily and knows she expects him to say that he still loves her like his past self. Ji Won then fires back with what she really wants to say—how could he forget her?

moon-chae-won-flower-of-evil32.jpgmoon-chae-won-flower-of-evil41.jpgmoon-chae-won-flower-of-evil51.jpglee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-flower-of-evillee-joon-gi-moon-chae-won-flower-of-evilmoon-chae-won-flower-of-evil6.jpgmoon-chae-won-flower-of-evil7.jpg

Any lover of “Flower of Evil” can certainly appreciate the full-circle ride that the amnesia plot brings. The tiny details of this plot truly shine here. For example, Hyun Soo’s foil to Baek Hee Sung comes full circle as he loses the 15 years of his life that Baek Hee Sung also lost when he was comatose. Then, of course, Hyun Soo finally learns from himself that he is capable of feeling and trusting his emotions and can have a fresh start with Ji Won free of deception. However, as a viewer who has watched him have legendary character development that is often not afforded to characters, it’s hard not to feel like Ji Won. How could he forget? Did we not just watch him learn and overcome his misconception of himself that he does in fact feel emotions in the previous 15 episodes? What was the point of allowing him and Ji Won to communicate through their problems if it was going to be taken away in the finale? Did we really need to see them overcome the idea that Hyun Soo may not sincerely love her one last time? This is why the amnesia plot in ways seems futile and repetitive. Yes, it is satisfying with all the little details coming together, but on the other hand, it wouldn’t have been such a bad thing to have had a little more healing instead of hurting in this finale.

However, all grievances aside, “Flower of Evil” is truly a drama to admire. If you’re a K-drama lover looking for a nuanced story and well-developed characters whose struggles and triumphs leave a deep impression on your heart, then “Flower of Evil” should be at the top of your to-watch list.

Catch the drama below: 

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Love 2

5 Catholic Korean Actors And Their Baptism Names

5-catholic-korean-actors-with-their-bapt

We all know that the population of South Korea has a wide range of religious beliefs. Most Korean citizens don't officially accustom themselves with any religion. However, there is a small percentage of the population in Korea that is baptized as Catholic Christians.

Some of them are even Korean celebrities like Kpop idols as well as Korean drama stars. So now, it's time to take a look at the lists of Catholic Korean actors with their handsome baptismal names. Surely the netizens are interested who amongst the famous actors are baptized as Catholics, and let's find out their biblical names! Please scroll down.

Lee Joon Gi

5 catholic Korean actors with their baptism names
(Photo : lee joon gi fanpage pinterest)

As a baptized Catholic Christian Lee Joon-Gi bears the handsome biblical name Peter. His biblical name was derived from Peter the Apostle, who was one of the Twelve Apostles of Jesus Christ, and one of the first leaders of the early Church. "Flower of Evil" actor Lee Joon Gi as we all know is a multitalented actor. He was widely recognized on his first leading role playing a clown in the film The King and the Clown (2005).

(skipped unrelated.....)

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119008/20200928/5-catholic-korean-actors-and-their-baptism-names.htm

• Love 2

These Gorgeous And Hot Korean Actors In Their Late 30s Are Still Single And Available

As everyone is getting hooked to Korean dramas, especially during community quarantine, we know that it's hard to keep track of all the good looking actors from all the series, especially now that Korean entertainment companies are always launching fresh new faces with every project release.

However, there are those heartthrobs who stand the test of time! As some would say, Korean men age like fine wine, and yes, they got even hotter as they age. Let's look at those fine handsome Korean actors that are still single and maybe ready to mingle. It seems a lot of them choose to remain single. This could be because of a personal choice or maybe because they still don't have time to be in a relationship, or maybe they still haven't found "the one."

Check out the list below! See if your favorite hot actor is on the list.

Lee Joon Gi, 38

5 Hot Shirtless Korean Actors In Their Late 30's That Are Still Single And Available
(Photo : lee joon gi fanpage pinterest)

Who else fell in love with Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee-sung in "Flower Of Evil?" Or did you fell in love with him portraying his role as 4th prince Wang So in "Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo?" If you raised your hand in both these questions, you are one certified Lee Joon Gi fan. He's 38 but looking so fine! And yes, he's single, of course.

(skipped unrelated.....)

https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/119006/20200928/these-gorgeous-and-hot-korean-actors-in-their-late-30s-are-still-single-and-available.htm

• Love 2
  • Where's My Oppa? 1

Lee Joon Ki Talks About Doing Romance with Moon Chae Won

Lee Joon Ki completed his latest drama Flower of Evil with fierce contemplation.

ljk01-1536x1024.jpg

Lee Joon Ki, who entered the entertainment industry in 2001 as a model, drew attention as “a man prettier than women” in the film The King and the Clown, and the drama My Girl. Since then, he has built up his career with various works, including Time Between Dog and Wolf, Iljimae, Moon Lovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo. And most recently, he created his “all-time drama” by showcasing an outstanding emotional performance in Flower of Evil.

In a written interview with Sports Chosun, Lee expressed his thoughts on ending the show.

“Now that it’s over, I feel a lot of mixed emotions. I feel relieved about finishing the work, and have a sense of accomplishment of turning the early burden into a success, but at the same time, feel a bit of emptiness that I had to say goodbye to everyone who had been in the same set. I feel lonely, but grateful for many things.”

In Flower of Evil, Lee took on the role of Do Hyun Soo, a man who has been faithful to many roles.

“Baek Hee Sung, who lives as a craftsman, had to look natural. So I looked up on craftwork videos on YouTube before filming, met with a real metal craftsman, and learned the details for a short time. When I was putting on a face as a warm father, I’ve added a lot of ad-libs. The director trusted me to try many things.”

ljk02.jpg Credit: tvN

The person who helped him the most was Moon Chae Won, who played his wife in the play.

“For the images of a husband, I built them up by sharing my thoughts with Moon Chae Won. She is an actor who is very delicate and has great power in focusing emotionally. So she filled in a lot of parts that I could have missed.

Thanks to her, I felt heartbroken just thinking of Cha Ji Won at the end.”

He also showed satisfaction in working on a romance genre with Moon Chae Won.

“Moon Chae Won has a unique power when it comes to romance. She is lovely, but affectionate, and sometimes just heartrending. I’ve always wanted to work on a romance genre with her. Though I do wish that the portion of our small and happy daily lives, like when we were dating, be bigger than the heartrending love story, I’m satisfied with the overall chemistry we created.

Lee Joon Ki focused more on the flow of emotions rather than the action scenes,
“I pondered over how much movement I had to make and take to convey the emotions and feelings that come from the scene. So I focused more on emotion than action. In the scenes where I’m driven to the edge of the cliff, I tried to immerse more by digesting all the action sequences myself.”

Flower of Evil is a work that gave Lee Joon Ki painful worries.

“When I first read the script, I thought it was something that I couldn’t handle right now. I agonized over it again and again before I made my decision. Fortunately, I had time to spare, so I kept reading the script and drew pictures in my head. Then I suddenly thought, ‘Maybe it’s fate for this project to come to me now.’”

Now, Lee Joon Ki is searching for his next project.

Source : https://sports.chosun.com/news/ntype.htm?id=202009290100265610017210&servicedate=20200928

• Love 2
  • Thanks 2

***Moon Chae Won was asked this question :

Q6. How was it like working with your co-star Lee Joon Ki?
Lee Joon Ki’s outgoing and I’m introverted. We have some differences in personality, but working with Lee Joon Ki was always great. He is a good partner and I would gain strength from the bright energy he gave off on the set. I think we have gotten even closer through this work.

source : https://star.mbn.co.kr/view.php?year=2020&no=986431&refer=portal

• Like 1
  • Love 3