Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

13 hours ago, willenette said:

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About The Premiere Of “Flower Of Evil”

I would like to add to the “Loved” part:

Heesung and Moojin- great acting from both actors, I kept rewatching the part when  Hee sung realised Moojin recognised him, the subtle facial expressions, the tension...

and there is nothing I hate about the drama so far, not even the part Eunha had to apologise, that part  illustrated the importance of having a good reputation in Heesung’s view because of his own past experience. Sort of “tough love”... 

I am glad the drama is getting raving review , everyone in the drama deserves it.

and JG, what can you say- after Wang So, one would think how is he going to top that? He continues to surprise us , JG fighting

• Like 2
  • Love 3

3 minutes ago, Tuiwgn said:

I would like to add to the “Loved” part:

Heesung and Moojin- great acting from both actors, I kept rewatching the part when  Hee sung realised Moojin recognised him, the subtle facial expressions, the tension...

and there is nothing I hate about the drama so far, not even the part Eunha had to apologise, that part  illustrated the importance of having a good reputation in Heesung’s view because of his own past experience. Sort of “tough love”... 

I am glad the drama is getting raving review , everyone in the drama deserves it.

and JG, what can you say- after Wang So, one would think how is he going to top that? He continues to surprise us , JG fighting

@Tuiwgn,  And  in cable dramas, 1%-5% of viewer’s ratings are a standard win. Keep in mind that shows from major broadcasting networks tend to receive higher Nielsen ratings than the ones from cable networks because not as many have access to cable channels. That’s why, viewership ratings are calculated slightly different for cable network dramas. :blush:

• Like 3
  • Love 2

10 Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching in August 2020

Flower of Evil Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi

We’re making our way to August and that brings a lot of new choices for those kdramas that we love so much.

Let’s see what we have to look forward to in this August 2020 edition of “Korean Dramas You Need to Be Watching.”

This monthly series is meant to keep you updated on what’s happening in that amazing world of Korean dramas so that you don’t miss out on anything! Here are the kdramas you should keep an eye out for in August 2020:

CURRENTLY AIRING IN AUGUST:

8. Flower of Evil

Flower of Evil Korean Drama - Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won

Flower of Evil is a romance thriller about an emotionless psychopath (Lee Joon Gi) who changes his identity and tries to leave his dark past behind him that marries a homicide detective (Moon Chae Won) who is trying to uncover the truth.

Flower of Evil airs Wednesday and Thursday on tvN.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://kdramakisses.com/2020/08/01/10-korean-dramas-you-need-to-be-watching-in-august-2020/

• Thanks 1

Moon Chae Won Grows Suspicious As Lee Joon Gi Sets Out To Find What He Needs In “Flower Of Evil”

7a16abb2fdcf4611bbe0c630ba5274fe.jpeg?s=

tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Flower of Evil” has shared new stills of Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won locked in an uncomfortable situation as she unknowingly begins chasing after him as a suspect.

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoiler

Spoiler

The new stills show Baek Hee Sung breaking into someone’s house. His hat is pushed down to hide his face as he searches the house like he’s looking for something. He is deep in thought, as though things aren’t going the way he’d hoped, and his cold expression is far from the ones he shares with his wife and daughter. Having locked former classmate Kim Moo Jin in a basement as he knew Baek Hee Sung’s real identity as Do Hyun Soo, it remains to be seen what would be valuable enough for Baek Hee Sung to go searching.

Lee-Joon-Gi-1.jpegLee-Joon-Gi-2.jpegLee-Joon-Gi.jpeg

Meanwhile, Cha Ji Won is in the middle of a meeting at the police station, her gaze sharp as she listens to the conversations going on. The previous episode had hinted at a new investigation opening up following the murder of a man who had worked with Do Hyun Soo, a suspect in the Gagyeong village head murder and the son of the man behind the Yeonju serial killings. The murderer had been wearing a black raincoat at the time, and Baek Hee Sung had come home also wearing a raincoat, causing Cha Ji Won to grow suspicious.

Moon-Chae-Won-1.jpegMoon-Chae-Won.jpeg

The production staff stated, “This is set to be another fast-paced episode as Cha Ji Won comes one step closer to Baek Hee Sung’s identity. Please keep watching till the end.”

The next episode will air on August 5 at 10:50 p.m. KST. Catch up with the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

9 hours ago, LyraYoo said:

Apparently with much regret I will be discontinuing the make over I was planning to do with Lee Joon Gi's thread. Thank you for all the photos you have already contributed.

Also , I will be giving up my first page authorship and hand it over to someone who is interested to manage the thread. Granted there are more than one volunteers, I will take into consideration your being a fan of JG so that the page will remain updated as it is. 

Thank you. 

@LyraYoo, thank you for managing JG’s thread for so long, your work is much appreciated. All the very best !

• Like 3

*** On August 5, yesterday third episode of “Flower of Evil” enjoyed an increase in viewership from its previous episode last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent. This drama is a masterpiece! It keeps getting better and better. I'm glad that it's good! It doesn't move away to the main plot of the story. It's beyond my high expectation.

:blush:
  • Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1

1 hour ago, willenette said:

*** On August 5, yesterday third episode of “Flower of Evil” enjoyed an increase in viewership from its previous episode last week. According to Nielsen Korea, the latest broadcast of the drama scored an average nationwide rating of 3.1 percent. This drama is a masterpiece! It keeps getting better and better. I'm glad that it's good! It doesn't move away to the main plot of the story. It's beyond my high expectation.

:blush:

Yeah !! Hope it keeps going up.

The drama deserves it - @willenette masterpiece indeed!!!

I am glad  JG is back with a bang!!:hooray:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

21 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Yeah !! Hope it keeps going up.

The drama deserves it - @willenette masterpiece indeed!!!

I am glad  JG is back with a bang!!

@Tuiwgn, it is! According to Nielsen Korea, the August 6 broadcast, which was last night recorded an average of 3.7 percent viewership, for a 0.6 point increase from the previous episode and a new personal best in ratings. I hope it will continue to go up. I hope it's gonna be higher in coming EPs. So happy that ratings of "FOE" is high considering that it's a cable drama. :blush:

• Like 2
  • Awesome 1

After the first two episodes I tried to hold back and wait until the show completed but failed. Episodes 3 and 4 were so good. I watched ep 3 before bed and found it hard to go to sleep after so I waited until Friday morning 4 am to watch ep 4 and it didn't disappoint me, it woke me up completely, it was so exciting. This show has rejuvenated Kdrama which has been getting pretty boring the last 2 years. The directing and editing is top notch and the acting of all the characters are great especially our two leads. If you are expecting the regular psycho thriller then you would be disappointed, the real story lies with the two leads, their past, present and what the future will bring. Now I understand what the director meant in his interview about it being 20% suspense and 80% melodrama. I hope the show will continue to shine until the end. Happy watching everyone !

• Like 3
  • Love 2

18 minutes ago, hiluna said:

After the first two episodes I tried to hold back and wait until the show completed but failed. Episodes 3 and 4 were so good. I watched ep 3 before bed and found it hard to go to sleep after so I waited until Friday morning 4 am to watch ep 4 and it didn't disappoint me, it woke me up completely, it was so exciting. This show has rejuvenated Kdrama which has been getting pretty boring the last 2 years. The directing and editing is top notch and the acting of all the characters are great especially our two leads. If you are expecting the regular psycho thriller then you would be disappointed, the real story lies with the two leads, their past, present and what the future will bring. Now I understand what the director meant in his interview about it being 20% suspense and 80% melodrama. I hope the show will continue to shine until the end. Happy watching everyone !

Apart from the main couple, I also love the odd couple- DHS/BHS and reporter MJ, their first encounter, the basement , the eye roll... a joy to watch!

LJG is superb here , no doubt one of his best drama character! However, I still miss him in a sageuk... :wub:

• Like 3

7 hours ago, Tuiwgn said:

Apart from the main couple, I also love the odd couple- DHS/BHS and reporter MJ, their first encounter, the basement , the eye roll... a joy to watch!

LJG is superb here , no doubt one of his best drama character! However, I still miss him in a sageuk... :wub:

Ditto.. I really really miss him in sageuk, tehy don't produce many anymore and it isn't the same without our LJG :cries3:

• Like 4

***" Flower of Evil" went up to 3.7 percent. :blush:

**********************************************************************************

Drama viewership ratings for the week of Aug. 3-9, 2020

LINK here : https://www.dramabeans.com/2020/08/drama-viewership-ratings-for-the-week-of-aug-3-9-2020/

dramaratings_3.jpg

Wednesday, Aug. 5      
Memorials 11 KBS 3.1%
United Effort to Accomplish One Thing 5 MBC 3.2%
Was It Love 9 JTBC 1.8%
Flower of Evil 3 tvN 3.1%
Thursday, Aug. 6      
Memorials 12 KBS 2.4%
United Effort to Accomplish One Thing 6 MBC 2.8%
Was It Love 10 JTBC 1.6%
Flower of Evil 4 tvN 3.7%
  • Like 3
  • Wiggle 1

These Are The 10 Best OST Songs From Korean Dramas According To Knetizens

Most times, Korean dramas are so well-made because of the storyline and the unpredictable plot twists that come with it. Also, the star-studded line-up and the visual couple that makes everyone stay tuned is another factor that makes K-dramas nice to watch.

However, what makes it even greater are the heartwarming OSTs that perfectly match each scene. Today, we bring you ten of the best OST songs from your favorite Korean series:

6. "Say Yes" from "Moonlovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo"

An upbeat song in one of the most tear-jerking historical romance dramas ever made, Say Yes is a song by Loco and Punch. This song holds a beautiful message and is kind of like a love letter to a person that you love. It contains such a sweet message and is gorgeous to listen to.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118608/20200807/these-are-the-10-best-ost-songs-from-korean-dramas-according-to-knetizens.htm

• Like 2
  • Thanks 1

On 8/10/2020 at 2:47 AM, willenette said:

These Are The 10 Best OST Songs From Korean Dramas According To Knetizens

Most times, Korean dramas are so well-made because of the storyline and the unpredictable plot twists that come with it. Also, the star-studded line-up and the visual couple that makes everyone stay tuned is another factor that makes K-dramas nice to watch.

However, what makes it even greater are the heartwarming OSTs that perfectly match each scene. Today, we bring you ten of the best OST songs from your favorite Korean series:

6. "Say Yes" from "Moonlovers: Scarlet Heart Ryeo"

An upbeat song in one of the most tear-jerking historical romance dramas ever made, Say Yes is a song by Loco and Punch. This song holds a beautiful message and is kind of like a love letter to a person that you love. It contains such a sweet message and is gorgeous to listen to.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : Kdramastars

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/118608/20200807/these-are-the-10-best-ost-songs-from-korean-dramas-according-to-knetizens.htm

Moonlovers '  soundtrack did have a lot of good songs. 

"say Yes" - I like the part when it goes "Love is tru u  u   u   u u  ue" bit but the rapping took a long while to get use to...

I also like "Wind" and  Sunhae Im's voice is sooo beautiful. (she sings "Will be Back")

However,  I like JG singing "For You"  the best :wub:

• Like 2
  • Love 2

4 Things We Loved & 1 Thing We Hated About Episodes 3 & 4 Of “Flower Of Evil”

ad63cb1ff11a40fe9e8d4c85e756562e.jpeg?s=

The thrilling chase between Cha Ji Won (Moon Chae Won) and Baek Hee Sung (Lee Joon Gi) has officially begun in the latest episodes of “Flower of Evil.” Packed with grandeur and diabolical reveals, this week’s episodes only muddied up the mysteries of the past. Perhaps Hee Sung isn’t the murderer he confessed to being in the premiere episodes. Like any great thriller drama, “Flower of Evil” continues to deliver an intense and gripping plot that leaves viewers aching for more. Here are the things we loved and hated about episodes 3 and 4.

Warning: spoilers for episodes 3 and 4 below. 

Spoiler

LOVED: Baek Hee Sung not being the serial killer

Even though Hee Sung did boldly admit he killed the village foreman to a restrained Kim Mu Jin (Seo Hyun Woo) last week, this week’s episodes had him alibi out for the brutal murder of Nam Soon Gil (Lee Kyu Bok). In fact, Mu Jin is the reason he alibis out of both the murder and the attack of Oh Bok Ja (Park Seung Tae), a woman who could identify Hee Sung as Do Hyun Soo to the authorities. First Mu Jin figures out that Hee Sung was with him at the time of the murder, and during the second attack, Hee Sung is hiding and waiting for Mu Jin’s signal to steal back the photo.

lee-joon-gi-seo-hyun-woo-flower-of-evil6lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil3.jpg

While the premiere episodes definitely seemed to cast some doubt on whether or not Hee Sung is guilty of terrible things, these episodes seem to clear Hee Sung of any suspicion to the audience. It also calls in to question how much his confession from the premiere episode is true. There must be more to the story than the snippet we saw last week of him standing over the village foreman’s dead body with his sister. Even when presented with the opportunity during episode 3 to kill Mu Jin, he lets him go instead because the cops are looking for him. One would think that would give a killer more incentive to kill his victim, but Hee Sung makes a different choice. Since he’s not the serial killer, it begs the question of how the show will fulfill its premise. Will Ji Won really suspect Hee Sung to be a killer? Even after finding his watch, the sneak peek for episodes 5 and 6 seem to suggest she will think of him as a victim. Of course, it’s still early so it’s easy to assume that some major plot twists could be on the way. Either way, Hee Sung’s character has grown more intriguing, and it will be exciting to see how he clears his name.

LOVED: Hee Sung teaming up with Kim Mu Jin

Much like our charming trio of detectives last week, this week’s episodes showcase the awesome dynamic between Mu Jin and Hee Sung. Once Mu Jin figures out that Hee Sung isn’t the murderer the police are looking for, he suggests they team up together to solve the crime themselves. It’s a win-win situation because Mu Jin gets an exclusive, and Hee Sung can clear his name.

lee-joon-gi-seo-hyun-woo-flower-of-evil3

While there is a certain amount of tension between the pair given their troubled history, their scenes are quite enjoyable. Considering they both have committed horrible acts against the other, their alliance seems rather strong. Despite being scared of Hee Sung, Mu Jin still doesn’t hesitate to try and use dirty reporter tricks to get the truth of the past. While Hee Sung does darken when he catches Mu Jin, he still opens up about his relationship with Ji Won afterward. There is a deep sense of camaraderie between them which makes their dynamic fun to watch.

LOVED: Hee Sung’s hallucination of his father during his fight with Soon Gil

A pivotal scene in the newest episodes is the flashback scene between Hee Sung and Soon Gil. Soon Gil attacks Hee Sung in the woods, but his attempt is foiled when Hee Sung gets the upper hand. As Hee Sung straddles Soon Gil and is poised to kill him, he suddenly sees his father. Hee Sung’s whole demeanor clams up as his father tries to goad him into killing Soon Gil.

lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil.jpglee-joon-gi-choi-byung-mo-flower-of-evil  lee-joon-gi-flower-of-evil21.jpg

The hallucination of Hee Sung’s father Do Min Seok (Choi Byung Mo) is really chilling. Those demon eyes? Cue intense shudders. However, this scene is a great parallel to Ji Won’s scene with Park Seo Young (Lee Ju Yeon) last week. Hee Sung had the opportunity to give in to violence and instead chooses not to. Of all the scenes that speak to Hee Sung’s innocence, this scene really pushes viewers to wonder if he’s the killer everyone has made him out to be. He doesn’t seem to want to join his father or be like him in any way. Instead, he seems scared of his father like everyone else.

LOVED: Hee Sung protecting Ji Won

One of the best scenes from this week’s episodes is the chase between Hee Sung and Ji Won. After arriving at Bok Ja’s house to retrieve the picture, Ji Won runs into Hee Sung, who she assumes to be Hyun Soo. They chase each other down the road into an empty warehouse where they have an intense fight. After disarming Ji Won next to a shelf, Hee Sung notices that some sharp tools are going to fall. Instead of leaving, he jumps forth and protects Ji Won to bear the brunt of the tools for her.

From the drama’s promotions through the premiere episodes, one of the biggest questions that remained was if Hee Sung truly cares about Ji Won. Judging from this scene, one could argue that he does. If he didn’t care about her at all, wouldn’t he have just walked away? She had no idea it was him. Instead, he chose not to and risked being caught to protect her. While Hee Sung claims he doesn’t feel these things, the show does a great job of blending in scenes that prove that he does even if he doesn’t realize it. No matter how their relationship will turn out with the episodes to come, it seems their love story will be one for the storybooks.

HATED: The exorcism flashback

An excruciating scene to watch this week is Hee Sung’s flashback of the townspeople dragging him to perform an exorcism. In episode 3, Mu Jin notes that they thought he was weird and didn’t know that he really suffered from an anti-social personality disorder. Then in episode 4 as Mu Jin drives through the town, Hee Sung remembers the place where the attacked happened. He seizes in pain and covers his face as the memory plays in his mind.

This scene is painful to watch, and it opens up the discussion on the lack of knowledge and awareness about mental illness. While the past is still murky and not all of Hee Sung’s actions have been explained, he definitely didn’t deserve to be traumatized for his father’s crimes. Since it seems like Hee Sung is innocent, this scene feels even more heartbreaking. Earlier in the episodes, Ji Won wonders how his dad could’ve influenced his anti-social personality, but what about the townspeople who harassed him? Hee Sung deserved to be treated with kindness and respect, and the villagers clearly failed him when he was younger due to their own biases.

Catch episodes 3 and 4 below: 

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Watch: “Flower Of Evil” Cast Describes The Drama, Shares What They Learned From Each Other, And More

155d61af14fc43c0a4dee46229146a64.jpeg?s=

Lee Joon Gi, Moon Chae Won, Jang Hee Jin, and Seo Hyun Woo sat down with Rakuten Viki for an exclusive interview and talked about their new drama “Flower of Evil”!

The tvN drama follows the story of Baek Hee Sung (played by Lee Joon Gi), a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to grow suspicious of her husband, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face. Meanwhile, Jang Hee Jin plays Do Hae Soo, the daughter of a serial killer, and Seo Hyun Woo portrays reporter Kim Mu Jin.

In the interview, Lee Joon Gi described “Flower of Evil” as a story of “love and truth.” Moon Chae Won called the drama “unpredictable,” and Jang Hee Jin emphasized that the story will be full of suspense. Seo Hyun Woo added, “It’s also thrilling.”

flower-of-evil-interview.jpg

The cast then shared what they learned about each other while working together. Lee Joon Gi said, “Moon Chae Won’s energy and personality are the complete opposite of mine. She’s detailed, and she takes her work very seriously and carefully.”

He continued, “She makes up for the things that I lack and helps me see things that I hadn’t realized before.”

Moon Chae Won spoke highly of her co-star Jang Hee Jin, describing her as sweet and affectionate. “I’ve only filmed two scenes with Jang Hee Jin so far, but I can say that one of her strengths is that she’s warmhearted,” Moon Chae Won said.

flower-of-evil-interview-2.jpg

Jang Hee Jin praised her chemistry with Seo Hyun Woo. “I think it’s because Seo Hyun Woo does so well,” Jang Hee Jin said. “I’m getting a lot of help from him, and it’s an honor to work with a co-star like him.”

Next, Seo Hyun Woo described Lee Joon Gi as an “energizer.” He said, “Whenever Lee Joon Gi is on set, he always gives off positive energy.”

Lastly, the cast shared a message to their fans on Viki. Lee Joon Gi said, “I think we’re in hard times not only in Korea but around the world. All we can give you is a well-made drama, and we hope our drama can comfort viewers during these times.”

Check out the full interview with English subtitles below!

Watch Now

Watch the latest episode of “Flower of Evil” here!

Watch Now

credit : soompi news

• Like 2
  • Love 2

Lee Joon Gi Is Haunted By Trauma At An Unexpected Moment In “Flower Of Evil”

af6586c4e24a47eaad1fcd59c3302bce.jpeg?s=

tvN’s Wednesday-Thursday drama “Flower of Evil” has shared a look at Lee Joon Gi and Moon Chae Won’s past.

“Flower of Evil” is a suspenseful thriller starring Lee Joon Gi as Baek Hee Sung, a man who hides his past and pretends to love his wife Cha Ji Won (played by Moon Chae Won). As a detective, Cha Ji Won begins to suspect that her husband may be a serial killer, and the couple is ultimately forced to confront a dark truth they never wanted to face.

Spoiler

Spoiler

Baek Hee Sung used to go by the name Do Hyun Soo until he was fingered as a suspect for the village foreman’s murder 18 years ago. Not fully aware of this, Cha Ji Won is investigating the case and trying to catch Do Hyun Soo. Their married life is not as peaceful as it looks on the surface, as Baek Hee Sung’s true identity could be unveiled at any moment.

On August 12, tvN revealed new stills of the couple’s past. Standing under the cherry blossoms, Cha Ji Won romantically plants a kiss on Baek Hee Sung’s lips, making viewers wonder if she has succeeded in breaking down his walls this time.

moon-chae-won-lee-joon-gi2.jpg

However, Baek Hee Sung sees the hallucination of his father Do Min Seok (Choi Byung Mo), raising curiosity as to why Baek Hee Sung is suffering from a trauma involving his father and how he survived the crisis.

The drama’s producers shared, “In episode 5, Baek Hee Sung and Cha Ji Won’s romance will reach its climax. As you watch, try to follow the way the emotions of the two individuals in the past and the present flow.”

The next episode of “Flower of Evil” airs on August 12 at 10:50 p.m. KST.

Catch up with the latest episode below!

Watch Now

Source (1) / soompi news

• Like 2
  • Love 1