Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

1 hour ago, helloXD said:

i want to ask a question i know LJG usually takes his time to pick projects ,but when he usually announce it ,at his next FM ??(after a month ?or longer )

lol so am I !! the character was really complex ,let me be honest i usually dont like historical dramas 

but u just mentioned almost all the historical drama s i like just add the moon embrace the sun and ARANG  and thats it 

....but Arang  and Moon embrace... are MBC's  not SBS's :smile:. Anyway, I so much want JG make that announcement... for our hearts sake :joy:

40 minutes ago, happyfanlgx said:

....but Arang  and Moon embrace... are MBC's  not SBS's :smile:. Anyway, I so much want JG make that announcement... for our hearts sake :joy:

i meant as historical not a channel lol ,but do u know how much time he takes usually??

1 hour ago, helloXD said:

i meant as historical not a channel lol ,but do u know how much time he takes usually??

You asked me ''why SBS ?'' :D:)

No. The 1st JG drama I ever saw was Iljimae, in June 2018 so I don't know exactly how much time he takes. As I know, JG is that kind of actor who immerse himself in the character so I suppose he needs at least 6 months to left it .

Then he needs time to study the new offers and decide which one fits him best. He is not a Copy-Paste actor or desperate for money...a drama (I'd also very much like a new movie...) a year is enough. 

Now add to that Delight Asia Tour(the last Fan Meeting on 28 April in Seoul) and some events...so I'd say he is still in time:)

1 hour ago, happyfanlgx said:

You asked me ''why SBS ?'' :D:)

No. The 1st JG drama I ever saw was Iljimae, in June 2018 so I don't know exactly how much time he takes. As I know, JG is that kind of actor who immerse himself in the character so I suppose he needs at least 6 months to left it .

Then he needs time to study the new offers and decide which one fits him best. He is not a Copy-Paste actor or desperate for money...a drama (I'd also very much like a new movie...) a year is enough. 

Now add to that Delight Asia Tour(the last Fan Meeting on 28 April in Seoul) and some events...so I'd say he is still in time:)

Iljimae was also the first JG drama I saw, back in 2012 (although it aired in 2008), and I have been a fan ever since. It seems like it always takes him longer than he expects to select a new project. It depends on what he is offered and the negotiation process. I know he turns down projects that don't seem right to him.

I don't recall him ever "announcing" a new project personally. We usually hear in the trade news that he is "considering" a project long before it is confirmed. In the case of Criminal Minds, he was reportedly attached for months before his agency announced his confirmation just days before the first script reading. I remember wondering at the time if he had doubts about it and was hoping something else might come through.

In contrast, the producers of Lawless Lawyer first reported that he was considering on February 13, 2018, it was official by February 26, and filming had started by March 6. I guess that means we have no way of knowing how long it will take. We just have to keep watching for news.

• Like 1
  • Love 1

hello 

i have a question to LJG old fans  i wanted to ask if iljimae was an iconic role 

because i couldnt help but notice that after iljimae alot of kdrama about a masked hero who want to revenge but end up helping people by his revange after iljimae 2008

like : the return of iljimae 2009, city hunter 2011, the bridal mask 2012, healer 2014

and tried to search for older kdrama than iljimae (before 2008 )like that but i didnt really find(searched quickly and casually not precise) i found iljimae 1993 but wasnt as popular as iljimae

so was it iconic role or not ??or am i just overthinking??

• Like 2

8 hours ago, helloXD said:

hello 

i have a question to LJG old fans  i wanted to ask if iljimae was an iconic role 

because i couldnt help but notice that after iljimae alot of kdrama about a masked hero who want to revenge but end up helping people by his revange after iljimae 2008

like : the return of iljimae 2009, city hunter 2011, the bridal mask 2012, healer 2014

and tried to search for older kdrama than iljimae (before 2008 )like that but i didnt really find(searched quickly and casually not precise) i found iljimae 1993 but wasnt as popular as iljimae

so was it iconic role or not ??or am i just overthinking??

I didn't discover kdrama until 2012 when I stumbled upon City Hunter on Netflix, but when I started looking for other action dramas, I read that Iljimae was a must-see because of LJG. Sure enough, I became a fan due to Iljimae and started looking for everything that JG ever did. I have even watched his commercials and music videos.

I'm not sure if I would call either the drama or the role "iconic." An icon is usually symbolic of something else, and that may not fit. Iljimae was undoubtedly important and influential. Both the drama and JG won lots of awards that year. Also, as you mention, it seems to have spawned quite a few similar shows because of its success. No matter how much you might like Jung Il Woo, Lee Min Ho, Joo Won, or Ji Chang Wook, none of them are as strongly identified with that type of character as JG.

Even if it isn't the best word for it, I don't think anyone would object to calling the role iconic in the same sense as Christopher Reeve's role as Superman, Anthony Andrews' role as the Scarlet Pimpernel, or (going way back) Guy Williams' role as Zorro. They were all similar characters to Iljimae and were played by many other actors before and after, but those are the actors most identified with the role, at least to my generation. You could say that LJG is the Korean icon for the masked (or secret) hero of the people.

• Like 2
  • Love 1

Hello lovelies... sorry. I have not been on Soompi much.... But I just saw this article with amazing photos of him, and needed to come by.

4755e4cfc3544416b8a28a4f9533d6ee.jpeg?s=

Lee Joon Gi Talks About Wanting To Play More Realistic Roles, Love For His Fans, And More

Lee Joon Gi talked about shooting in Thailand, his Asia fan meeting tour, being active on social media, wanting to take on more realistic characters, and his future activities.

The actor took part in a photo shoot commemorating The Star magazine’s 6-year anniversary. With the beautiful Chiang Rai and Bangkok as his backdrop, he showed his natural and confident emotions, pulling off a variety of casual, chic, and sophisticated clothing.

In the interview portion, Lee Joon Gi talked about shooting in Thailand, saying, “I’m really thankful that the Thai fans who came to support the photo shoot moved with us and helped so that there wouldn’t be any dangerous situations. It was beautiful to see many cultural heritages and the people living peacefully in them. I really want to return one day to travel and heal.”

Lee-Joon-Gi-3.jpg

Lee Joon Gi recently successfully concluded his “Asia Tour Delight,” which took place in five countries and six cities. He commented, “I don’t consider the tour as just a fan meeting. From planning until the moment I went on stage, I created and practiced with no end. It was a blessing for me to feel fans’ love and enjoy that time. Thanks to them, I’m able to hold an encore fan concert in April in Seoul. I’m so thankful to fans for giving me a miracle-like opportunity.”

Lee Joon Gi then shared about his Instagram, where he reveals videos naturally showing his everyday life. He remarked, “I personally film and edit them, but there’s not much to it. It comes from a heart of wanting to continue to show my daily life for fans who are curious and wait for me. My fans hope that I’ll do live broadcasts on social media and vlog, but I think that my activities on social media right now are sufficient.”

Lee-Joon-Gi-2.jpg

He honestly talked about some of his concerns these days, saying, “These days, I hear, ‘Lee Joon Gi is an actor that’s so fantasy-like.’ I want to do projects that can convey a more humane side, but I’m not anxious about it. I still have a long way to go as an actor and have a lot to show. Right now, I’m taking a deep breath.”

Lee Joon Gi concluded the interview by talking about his hopes for this year. He shared, “Since last fall, I haven’t stopped to rest and have been only looking at scripts. I always think, ‘I’m going to do at least one project every year.’ I’m exploring myself and waiting for a project that will come like fate. I’m always thankful for many things, opportunities, and time.”

source

• Like 3
  • Thanks 2