Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

3 hours ago, willenette said:

happyfanlgx, official or fanart, thanks for sharing this. Honestly, I hope we could get MORE materials/articles about his upcoming drama. :blush:

Welcome :) I've searched for more info about this drama but I didn't find the official website or info about filming location(well, I can understand why...coronavirus) ...Maybe it's too early and we're too eager:D

• Like 4

On 5/11/2020 at 3:54 AM, hiluna said:

I really miss LJG in sageuks, that genre doesn't have much to offer these days with the younger actors, not enough depth and heart. I can't wait to see his new show but I am hoping his character isn't going to be all bad :unsure: I still think he should do another Goryeo period show, I miss Moon Lovers :tears:

Hiluna,  I miss him in sageuks too, no one comes close to him in historical dramas.  I will take any periods...:wub:

these days with the younger actors, not enough depth and heart.   So true 

• Like 1

15 hours ago, happyfanlgx said:

Welcome :) I've searched for more info about this drama but I didn't find the official website or info about filming location(well, I can understand why...coronavirus) ...Maybe it's too early and we're too eager:D

Very very eager - It HAS been two years! :blink:

Top 10 Domestic Films in South Korea Based on Ticket Sales

The world is starting to enjoy & notice how wonderful the storylines and beautiful cinematography Korean movies offer! A lot of people are into watching Korean drama series as well, while movies are getting popular internationally, and the viewers don't mind reading subtitles.

The following films are listed according to the number of tickets sold nationwide from 2004 to 2020 by KOBIS (ticketing) statistics Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

Here's the list of the top 10 domestic films in South Korea based on ticket sales:

10. King and the Clown (2005)

Admission: 12,302,831

During the 16th-century Chosun Dynasty, two struggling actors mock the king while performing an act and got arrested. They have to make the king laugh so their lives will be spared. Surprisingly, the king loved their act and became jesters of the palace.

(skipped unrelated...)

source : Kdramastars

• Like 2
  • Love 1
  • Awesome 1
  • Thanks 1

51 minutes ago, willenette said:

...according to the number of tickets sold nationwide from 2004 to 2020 by KOBIS (ticketing) statistics Korean Film Council (KOFIC).

10. King and the Clown (2005)

Admission: 12,302,831

A great and successful movie

Also a very profitable one: 

Budget US$ 3.5 million 
Box office US$ 74.5 million 
!!! (Original release: December 29, 2005-December 9, 2006)

This means that the profit was over 21 times higher than the investment !!!:thumbsup:

As I know there is no other South Korean movie more profitable than The King  And The Clown :star::heart:

• Like 1
  • Love 3

FLOWER OF EVIL / 악의 꽃 

Google Translation (source https://ko.wikipedia.org/wiki/악의_꽃_(드라마) )

genre Suspense Melo
Broadcasting country Flag of Korea Republic of Korea
Broadcast channel tvN
Broadcast period July 8, 2020 ~ August 27, 2020
Airtime Every Wednesday , Thursday 10:50pm KST
Broadcast 70 minutes
Broadcast frequency 16 trilogy
plan Studio Dragon
Responsible Producer Sangwon Yu
producer Jang Shin-ae, Kim Dae-ho
producer Monster Union, Studio Dragon
producer Hae-ryong Jeong
Production Kim Cheol-kyu
Play Yoo Jung-hee
Performer Junki Lee , Chaewon Moon and others
music Jun-Seok Kim (Movie Closure)

More info

https://www.viki.com/tv/37073c-flower-of-evil?locale=en ; https://mydramalist.com/54625-flower-of-evil

Let's see what fans are doing while waiting for the drama's release :)

• Like 5
  • Awesome 1

large_aa984f2b5e0722892fc2f5695be16fe87563742a.jpeg

7 K-Dramas That are Actually Remakes of Classic Western Dramas

These Korean adaptations of Western dramas are just as good as the originals.

Everyone loves to watch a good Western drama once in a while. Western regions such as America and the United Kingdom have produced some of the best television dramas ever. So, it comes as no surprise that other countries want to remake these dramas for their own audiences, including South Korea. Korean broadcasting networks have created their own versions of western dramas. Some of the Korean adaptations were a huge success, while others did not appease the Korean viewers. Nevertheless, these Korean remakes are still talked about among fans!

Check out 7 western drama series that got a K-drama spin!

Criminal Minds

1562145292216-tvN.jpg

Image Source: tvN

CBS's popular drama 'Criminal Minds' was yet another American series that did not do well in South Korea. The Korean network tvN remade the U.S. drama series for the Korean audience. The Korean version of 'Criminal Minds' was actually quite expensive to produce. The drama starred high profile talents such as Lee Joongi and Son Hyunjoo. Even with such big-names in South Korea, the drama received low ratings. 

(skipped unrelated...)

• Thanks 3