Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

15 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

it is actually adapted from the chinese drama Scarlet Heart which is from a chinese novel. i prefer the korean version actually. 

the female lead really understood the struggles of Wang So even though she still decided to leave.

for the Chinese version, the female lead keeps blaming the 4th prince and thus becomes a reason for her to leave palace.

Just for info because I am also curious myself. Please don't get me wrong that I want to correct you or anything like that. I just want to get a proper info.

I have double checked. MLSHR was an adaptation of the Chinese novel Bu Bu Jing Xing by Tong Hua. It was not a remake of the c-drama. That is why there were big or many differences in the interpretation.

I have watched both dramas. Both are good in their own way. But I would have loved the c-version  if I watched it 10 years ago. However, the drama making style now is more sophisticated compared to back then so I love the k-version more too.

And of course, the biggest reason I prefer the k-version was LJG iconic portrayal of the 4th Prince. To me: his performance in that drama was a MASTERPIECE.

That is why I am here. I have been watching  k drama for a decade now but I have not liked any actor the way I admire LJG- in acting particularly & also other talents--- his great looks and being a good human being are just bonuses.

Another topic: This is not related to jaysmurf post above.

To the negativity up there, I just have to smile because I am usually the one who is so impatient with people who come and go on this thread and only leave comments when they see opportunity to throw their negativity and sarcastic comments.  

Do not worry chingu. There are really people who are like that in here. Just learn how to ignore their negative comments. :) 

It is just that they like other oppas more than LJG. :) That is why they sound kind of defensive. 

• Like 7

1 hour ago, missmaudy said:

Just for info because I am also curious myself. Please don't get me wrong that I want to correct you or anything like that. I just want to get a proper info.

sorry don't understand what you mean by you want to get a proper info. whatever adaptation you mentioned was the same as what i had wasn't it?
but just so you know and just between you and me, 我是华人 :wink: not from mainland though.

don't mind me saying, your inputs are a little conflicted (so u love LJG right? hee...maybe i am wrong too) but anyway, anyone is entitled to their preferences in dramas. i loved 步步惊心 when i watched it.

i love MLSHR even more :wink: 

LJG is able to make my heart ache for Wang So. So I was glad whenever Hae Soo was able to understand him because LJG really made me feel like I want to be by his side and comfort him.

Edited by jaysmurf
  • Like 2

1 hour ago, jaysmurf said:

sorry don't understand what you mean by you want to get a proper info. whatever adaptation you mentioned was the same as what i had wasn't it?
but just so you know and just between you and me, 我是华人 :wink: not from mainland though.

don't mind me saying, your inputs are a little conflicted (so u love LJG right? hee...maybe i am wrong too) but anyway, anyone is entitled to their preferences in dramas. i loved 步步惊心 when i watched it.

i love MLSHR even more :wink: 

LJG is able to make my heart ache for Wang So. So I was glad whenever Hae Soo was able to understand him because LJG really made me feel like I want to be by his side and comfort him.

The second portion of my post was not related to your post. I have already edited my original post btw. If you read every single post here, you will understand what I mean by it. But Forget about it anyway. It's not something important. 

About the licensing of Moon Lovers: I think what you said is different what I said I guess. :) Well maybe in layman's perspective. 

Anyway, I'll elaborate. Hope you don't mind. 

MLSHR only bought the license or right for adaptation into a drama from the Novel or Tong Hua. They didn't buy the rights from the c-drama production or it's screen writer to remake the drama because the c-drama producers themselves don't have the right to do so. But for the Season 2,  they have  the right to sell it because it's their own and not related to Tong Hua's novel Bu Bu Jing Xing.

Yes I agree. Both dramas are good in their own way. But I prefer MLSHR version. 

So you are a Chinese fan? My command of the English language is not very good. I hope my explanation is good enough for you to understand what I was trying to say. 

• Like 4

On 13.06.2017 at 3:01 AM, kekeke09 said:

Cause somebody mentioned Wang So here again...

Hahaha! I believe we will mention him for loooooong time in the future. :wub:

On 13.06.2017 at 8:25 PM, missmaudy said:

About Non-stop- Sorry I can't remember where I watched it. I had been into several sites including baidu. But try jgfamily facebook fan account. Sorry I am not much of help.

Dang! Will have to look for it.

On 13.06.2017 at 11:47 PM, violina said:

In my newly found hobby..i cant leave the forum without posting a good day/night gif or beauty parade.

I love your hobby, you know? :)

• Like 4

On 14.06.2017 at 4:31 PM, glassnokamen said:

Some new picture from CM set

Please tell me he's going to have a scene like this in the drama! LJG playing football with children awwwww!!! :wub:

On 14.06.2017 at 7:18 PM, missmaudy said:

the Chinese version was another adaptation of the book and I think this version have deviated from the novel for making the 4th Prince travel to the 21st century. Then they made season 2. I heard season 2 didn't rate as good as season 1.

But you know anything is possible. There's a demand. Even to these days, I read petition for Season 2. 

If you ask me I imagine Wang So in 2 different time travels. One is the real time travel to 21st century. No idea how but SOMEHOW??? Two - traveling through incarnations and trying to find Hae Soo in every life finally finding her nowadays.

Honestly someone should at least write a fanfiction about it! Not me - my language will not allow me to express myself but someone talented. Ahhh what a good read it would be!

22 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

it is actually adapted from the chinese drama Scarlet Heart which is from a chinese novel. i prefer the korean version actually. 

Not really. It is adaptation of the novel. Really. They didn't make just drama remake, they made their own book adaptation.

19 hours ago, antoniaclamens said:

I cry over dramas, movies, books, songs, places, anything that touches my heart with its beauty or sadness…

Same here although I'm cold hearted but when something touches my stony heart... oh dear... I change into Niagara sometimes.

what you said must be true. He has to be someone wonderful to work with! So many praises from his co-workers must be for something.

Exactly. I can believe that one or two people say that about him and that's because they're said to say so (does that make any sense?!) but when I read it from soooo many different people? No way, it can't be a coincidence. 

About spoiler - thank you. Will watch it, I like c-dramas too although not all (just like k-dramas - not all are interesting!) but historical ones are the bomb. :)

I safe my favorite one for the last :love::yum::heart:

Come to my funeral, dears, I'm dead! :love:

9 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Missing him real bad.:( Sorry, this post is long, I don't know how to put them under hidden contents.

I thought he gained some weitght already but it doesn't seem so. :( He's so skinny...

• Like 8

On 6/13/2017 at 3:11 PM, cedarwood said:

Me neither. But still there where so many great scene with him in this drama. Not only "Bye, Maria!" moment ( :lol: ) but also his first appearance in the drama - remember that? Looking like a young god Joon Gi wakes up in red bedding and the first thing he does is a passionate kiss with a woman. Now don't tell me you wouldn't love to see him doing something like that nowadays! :wink: 

Also no matter how I dislike the drama there is one of the best and best filmed fight scenes in LJG's career. Watch it - dim lights, smoke, dancing club and furious, desperate Lee Joon Gi starting a fight. Just for this scene it's worth to watch it. Not to mention LJG in bathrobe or snowman scene. 

Or LJG sleeping during important board meeting. :wink:

Hi Chingu.Talking about 'my girl'..While I was JG gif treasure hunting, the other day i happen to see it, and remembered you saying something about it...ah its still funny no matter how many times i see it:D.

tumblr_oh74z4emUe1tdfsf6o3_400_zpsniz8n5

tumblr_oh74z4emUe1tdfsf6o1_400_zpsaeebib

and look he has the loudest clap when he was sleeping the whole time in the meeting:

tumblr_oh74z4emUe1tdfsf6o8_400_zpsho24ww

• Like 8

1 hour ago, cedarwood said:

I thought he gained some weitght already but it doesn't seem so. :( He's so skinny...

Yes, certain photos he looked skinny. It could be the angle. But, we love him all the same! Skinny, chubby. He is a gentle person.:heart:

I guess CM is a demanding drama. Just hope he doesn't lose more weight.

• Like 7

Now I know most of us are having so many worries like; why criminal minds is not being promoted, when it is supposedly meant to air next month? There is barely any news save for fan cams updating us on whats going on?Our JG is he doing ok? He seem to be losing even more weight every time we see him? We are all missing him? There is no way us international fans can reach him, tell him or show him that we care and we got his back.For some real life is just as stressful;going to school or work is a nightmare; for some home is a nightmare;But still today its Happy Friday today!!! lets cheer up and stay strong:

Lets dance all those worries away:

tumblr_opjnzfC97B1tud7vso2_400.gif

e42b5271gw1edoxxlomrng208w05inn9_zps08c5

Sing those worries away:

tumblr_omcg4bTQbd1tdfsf6o3_400_zpskmtkd8

tumblr_ok91deN3LZ1tdfsf6o3_540_zpscpx0sf

Body roll those worries away

tumblr_or55ua7fbg1tud7vso1_400.gif

By the way, i know just seeing JG makes us all droll and feel all kinds of ways. But hands up to those who think lee joon gi's sexiness factor, multiplies like 100 times more, when he is wearing leather jeans or jacket?

tumblr_or55ua7fbg1tud7vso3_500.gif

wiggle those worries away:

e42b5271gw1edoxxgpu7cg206y05v7wh_zps851b

tumblr_ntn151zrC81spfigfo1_400_zpsisslcg

But remember not to regret two seconds later:)

tumblr_ntn151zrC81spfigfo3_400_zpsss7hox

All credits go to the original gif uploaders.

• Like 9

@violina I thought Criminal Minds is promoted well. It is just in different form of marketing. Many of those establishments and residents of the shooting locations & product sponsors posting and reposting about CM. I think this form of Marketing is effective & can reach out to more number of people. It can also make people, those with no cable connections yet, to get cable subscriptions with TVn.

Thanks btw for all those gif, photos, interviews.. Please keep 'em coming.

@kekeke09 I love the idea of LJG to go into movie direction. I love him to be in more projects too. One drama a year is too less. :)      

When LJG set up his own talent agency company, I think he considers to getting more talents in the future. However when he signed a contract with Namoo, I think he may have changed his plans which I totally agree. I would wish him  to venture into Film Production instead. Leonardo Dicaprio set up his own production company at age 28 or 29. Reese Witherspoon, Nicole Kidman, Sarah Gellar of the Buffy the Vampire Slayer is into TV productions and many other international actors have their own production companies too. Whilst many of Korean artists venture into talent management with the likes of Bae Yong Joon of Key East, YG of Seo Tae-ji & The Boys, JYP, even So Ji Sub with his 51K has few talents now and many others to mention, but for LJG I wish him to go into film or drama production. In this venture, he can select projects he likes to act in or direct or select talents who he wants to be in his production.  Well, LJG is not new to the business. He has been producing his FM shows for all these years anyway which is a similar venture with film or drama productions except the latter needs more capital and the returns take longer time too. 

LJG is involved in the production of his drama, more involved than any actors I believe. Even in RE, he stayed longer than what he should have and I think the reason was to observe the filming. Also, the fact that he was given liberty to create his own stunts choreography and made Milla practice with him is something. I believe he is more involved in his other productions, it is just we don't see much of those BTS stuff and none except RE has been said yet

• Like 8

13 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Missing him real bad.:( Sorry, this post is long, I don't know how to put them under hidden contents.

Hi Lynn, if you post tons of images here you may use the "spoiler tag" - (you can see this icon on top of where you're posting/together with the box of Tx) Just click this then post the image you want to share then click again the spoiler tag to end them. I hope I make sense & hope I explain it well. You may try it - :tongue:

• Like 7

2 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Lynn, if you post tons of images here you may use the "spoiler tag" - (you can see this icon on top of where you're posting/together with the box of Tx) Just click this then post the image you want to share then click again the spoiler tag to end them. I hope I make sense & hope I explain it well. You may try it - :tongue:

Thanks, will try it out :)

• Like 2

@violina hands Up! Hands Up! Love the last batch of gifs so much! Though i love the previous batch of gifs (magazines) so much too. You see I'm pretty consistent in loving JG stuff, specially all your posts!:wub:

I was a little mad because my long post (gif included) from yesterday night was deleted (why soompi why?) But i managed to dance/sing/body roll/wiggle away everything after seeing your post:D

About JG starting to work in movie direction i like the idea, but just not now. Maybe in a few years. And of course i would love to see him in more projects. One drama per year is not enough!

• Like 3

20 hours ago, violina said:

Hi Chingu.Talking about 'my girl'..While I was JG gif treasure hunting, the other day i happen to see it, and remembered you saying something about it...ah its still funny no matter how many times i see it:D.

And while sleeping he was avoiding paper balls or whatever she was throwing at him. ^_^

20 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

But, we love him all the same! Skinny, chubby. He is a gentle person

We do but I can't stop thinking that he's constantly hungry. Just thinking - he's grown up man who keeps this weight... he must skip meals. I hope he won't feel sick. :unsure:

19 hours ago, violina said:

hands up to those who think lee joon gi's sexiness factor, multiplies like 100 times more, when he is wearing leather jeans or jacket?

My hands and legs are up if you ask me! :w00t: Esp when he does THOSE moves. :w00t:

18 hours ago, missmaudy said:

I love him to be in more projects too. One drama a year is too less. :)     

One drama but WHAT A DRAMA! We still can't let go of his last drama. He prefers quality more than quantity. I like that. The waiting is of course killing me but on the other hand - Lee Joon Gi is worth my waiting. :)

Btw gif parade of Wang So. I still, still, still totally love Wang So! :wub:

51e599320db62272afa63d8e19e8a1ff.gif

b8facc2bf95ec299838ed8d52ff4d040.gif

946e529c1f7ca2a1a52ecb12139e022d.gif

• Like 8

21 hours ago, Lynn11 said:

Yes, certain photos he looked skinny. It could be the angle. But, we love him all the same! Skinny, chubby. He is a gentle person.:heart:

I guess CM is a demanding drama. Just hope he doesn't lose more weight.

perhaps he is still trying to lose his pretty boy face by slimming down his face. i read in wikipedia that he was hoping to move away from pretty boy image. but still i find that however he looks, he is jang !! :wub:

• Like 3

2 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

perhaps he is still trying to lose his pretty boy face by slimming down his face. i read in wikipedia that he was hoping to move away from pretty boy image. but still i find that however he looks, he is jang !! :wub:

He was hoping to move away from the pretty boy image was from the time of 'The King and The Clown'& 'My Girl' in 2005 which was 12 or 13 years ago. So he did the Time Between Dog and Wolf (TBDAW) drama. He totally transformed into kind and quite yet strong Lee Soo Hyun & Badass Kay which was completely a different aura from the pretty boy image he had in the two dramas. Have you all watch TBDAW drama? If you haven't?  You must not miss it. I love it- thus my profile pic. :):):) 

Now the pretty boy image for LJG? Well he is flaunting it. The industry knows anyway that he can transform to any characters. Just notice his transformations from project to project and please note that weight loss and gain play a big factor. Let's all check 'em next on my next post. 

• Like 8