Lee Joon Gi 이준기 | [Drama 2023] "Arthdal Chronicles: The Sword of Aramoon"

Admin

15 hours ago, Fragile Geegee said:

Good night for now, hoping we get CM teaser these days. why it takes them this much to release one?!

Since tVN is just starting to release teasers for Bride of Water God...my guess is they don't want to overlap the hype from both.  I'm guessing we will see CM content when they are almost finished with the teasers for Water God. I'm hoping to see some by the 20th?  But maybe it will be the last week of June. 

13 hours ago, kekeke09 said:

Cause somebody mentioned Wang So here again...I just felt like posting this line from Marvel's "Black Panther" movie trailer ,that I saw earlier, which fits and relates to him: "You're a good man with a good heart. And it's hard for a good man to be king" :)..you know cause however good you are, whether you're a king, leader or president, hard decisions have to be made where sacrifices and unprincipled actions are inevitable...I believe Wang So's father, King Taejo, is a good and wise man but he had to make hard decisions and sacrifices just like what he said to Wang So ...that's politics for you...it's not black and white like some naive viewers whining and objecting Wang So's actions and decisions wants it to be and it's not some disney based world where the hero is squeaky clean...it's reality...and that's where MLSHR based their characters and events anyway...I've watched so many political and historical movies and dramas and even watching "House of Cards" that Wang So's actions to fight the never ending greedy and corrupt snakes in that palace of hell, were not even surprising or new to me...and i didn't even see them in bad light...

And for random thoughts since I just read that article for two weeks, thanks to @violina for the link,....this might be an unpopular opinion but i want him to stop the fanmeetings for a while, as in a couple of years,  just like what he did during 2015... i fully know and appreciate his love for the fans, i think the fandom already sees, knows and feel that...He could still have his birthday fanmeets as they're already tradition...I just feel and think that with his passion as an actor and the industry, the fanmeets are taking too much of his time...while most of his co-stars had back to back projects already done after MLSHR...he was doing fanmeets for several months which in that time frame he could have already finished filming a drama or movie plus had a well deserved brake after his hardwork...but all throughout, he was busy and tired running around and doing non-acting/actor stuff that he was already haggard and tired going into the CM filming...I know I'm just being selfish wanting to see him act again and I'm already here imagining several types of characters he could portray as he is such a talented actor he could make any character believable and relatable...just look how much he did for just 1 year in 2015 when he stopped the fanmeets for a while...I could even see him giving directing a try and being a credible director in the future...he just gives me that vibe with all his knowledge and passion for the acting industry and based on his answers i feel like he has the knack for it and maybe nail that in the park as well...

Well, this are my thought anyways, sorry for my ramblings as I haven't posted here in a while...Maybe it's because I miss already :( ...I hope july comes soon....

@kekeke09 Ramble on! It's a relatable thought process you have.  I can understand where you are coming from.  And I agree, I would love to see him in more projects and I do hope he is already considering projects for the fall of this year (please oh please).  I do watch other actors go from role to role quickly, but that doesn't seem to be how LJG works. My take on his fanmeets this year was to capitalize on his newfound (international) fanbase from portraying Wang So.  He went from 400,000 IG followers to 2 Million due to that role. I also felt he had an open schedule because he may have hoped that he was going to be filming the sequel to MLSHR during the time of his fanmeets...but since the show wasn't a "ratings" success...it didn't get the greenlight and he needed to fill his time with something else. <<<all my own speculation>>>> I know fanmeets sound exhausting but I bet he gets a big boost from receiving the energy from all the fans.  July is coming soon!  Criminal Minds will be here soon!  We will get to experience Hyun Jun soon! 

11 hours ago, jaysmurf said:

sorry cuz i don't always cry after watching dramas.
when i was watching LJG, i feel his pain :(

Hahah you DON'T have to cry! For me, it's just hard NOT to  :bawling:

9 hours ago, willenette said:

Hi Fragile Geegee, ye, I'm waiting for the teaser, too - I’m happy to see child actress Park Shi-eun get another role because she'll join in the drama as LJK's 1st love - hahaha. This would be interesting to see which actor to play the younger version of Lee Jun Ki. It's always nice to hear more casting news for younger actresses/actors. So unfreaking necessary....& too cliché but, you can't have a Korean remake that doesn't automatically insert a back-story in such the drama. I won't pass on this one mainly for LJK. :lol:

So...maybe this will explain the bracelet Hyun Jun wears in Criminal Minds?  The one that looks like a rosary.  

• Like 8

43 minutes ago, cedarwood said:

Online: 

I totally love your idea for those pix and wish you did all his characters like that. :D

Can't chose my favourite thou. :wink:

Ahh...thanks for the link!  I need to find two hours to watch it!

And stay tuned to my IG....<<<I am trying to get them out...in between my paid jobs>>>

@missmaudy Thanks for the concert links.  I hope the people around him let him enjoy a concert!!!

1497341550_zpscvgnoznq.gif

Hope everyone gets to feel like this sometime this week! 

• Like 9

11 hours ago, willenette said:

@willenette

Hi Fragile Geegee, ye, I'm waiting for the teaser, too - I’m happy to see child actress Park Shi-eun get another role because she'll join in the drama as LJK's 1st love - hahaha. This would be interesting to see which actor to play the younger version of Lee Jun Ki. It's always nice to hear more casting news for younger actresses/actors. So unfreaking necessary....& too cliché but, you can't have a Korean remake that doesn't automatically insert a back-story in such the drama. I won't pass on this one mainly for LJK. :lol:

Criminal Minds and main characters background stories are partners. In CM-US, Jason Gideon rekindled his first love. David Rossi's backstories also include his first love or exes. Do you know how old are these characters? 50-60's? What's so freaking unnecessary in that?

@pixelsticks About the rosary bracelet, Cooper in the CM-Suspect Behaviour has the similar bracelet too. While LJG wore one when he was in the army.

34375_132800570082364_2359534_n.jpg

• Like 8

@cedarwood About Non-stop- Sorry I can't remember where I watched it. I had been into several sites including baidu. But try jgfamily facebook fan account. Sorry I am not much of help.

@pixelsticks  I love the gif. Lee Joon Gi is so 4D. :)  :) 

About the fan meet: Lee Joon Gi has never stopped doing fan meets. As soon as he was discharged from the army, he did one straight away. He was focusing mainly in Korea, Japan & China. He usually did 3-city performances in the last two mentioned countries. Even when he was busy filming in 2015, he did one in (1) show in Korea & (1) show in Japan. He was also busy filming MLSHR in the first half of 2016 yet he did one show each in Korea and Japan. 

I agree with you. I think he must love doing these fan meets and like you said it's an energy booster for him.

Don't get me wrong, I totally respect your opinion about MLSHR but I don't think part 2 was even in consideration. After the MLSHR filming he was busy with series of photoshoots. He did one photoshoot in Hawaii for Star. Then he did for Arena, Marie Claire, Kwave, Cosmo, Singles, Elle. During the filming of MLSHR, he did shoots for Allure & Geek. Then he did some for China and Japanese magazines too during the 2nd half of 2016. Then he did the the promotions of NSG movie. Then he did several shoots for Lotte & a webdrama. Then after that he did the promotions of RE  & International promotions for MLSHR. He was really busy in 2016. 

Just a hunch: I think they were meant to start filming CM earlier than April but I think they were facing some issues. 

@kekeke09 I agree with your post. I am enthused & will expand about it later when I get more free time. :)   

• Like 7

On 6/13/2017 at 2:01 AM, kekeke09 said:

This might be an unpopular opinion but i want him to stop the fanmeetings for a while, as in a couple of years,  just like what he did during 2015..I just feel and think that with his passion as an actor and the industry, the fanmeets are taking too much of his time...while most of his co-stars had back to back projects already done after MLSHR...he was doing fanmeets for several months which in that time frame he could have already finished filming a drama or movie plus had a well deserved brake after his hardwork.....I could even see him giving directing a try and being a credible director in the future...he just gives me that vibe with all his knowledge and passion for the acting industry.

Allow me to chip in my irrelevant two cents here.I appreciate your concerns are valid,and I totally understand where you are coming from, but I think its because you are missing him, thats why you feel that way(dont we all? i miss his presence). lets all stay strong and hang on, it will eventually be ok. Indeed, everytime time I see JG looking tired or haggard,I just feel the urge to snatch him away from the world.lock him up in a room and feed him non stop.Give him an ultimatum to rest and sleep for at least three days. And lately take away his phone, so he doesnt access the internet for a few days.But we all know JG is a workaholic and extrovert, so that is stifling him not helping him.Anyways back to what you have said:

1. About his co-stars, remember he was kind of the middleman, not the most senior but not the most junior actor either.Starting with the senior ones like his dad, mom, step mum, the general in the mlshr drama etc..those actors usually play important but supporting characters, so they can afford to hop from one drama to the next within a year because they have fewer lines and scenes thus less exhausting and easy to detach and immerse themselves from one character to the next.In my opinion they are not really aiming to create iconic characters but just help in narrating the drama stories.As for the younger co stars like for example 8th prince who can also be considered one of the main characters; a simple google search will tell you that he is majorly a film actor rather than a drama actor and he is like the blue chip young blood of the k-movie industry. Hence why he is in so many movie productions before, during and after MLSHR.

2.As for 3rd prince, 13th prince, and 14th prince, remember they are almost a decade younger than JG.So it makes sense for them to be running around, trying to gain more acting experience and mark their place in the industry and and grabbing every opportunity available to them.They cant afford to be leaving too much time gaps because they are replaceable.Also lets not forget two out of the three are getting all these projects because of agency backing, Whereas JG doesnt need that.Also look at the time line, MLSHR finished filming in June; between July and August was heavy promos for MLSHR.show aired between August-Early November.November -December was post show interviews, magazine photo shoots and it being an international success, everyone wants a piece of him, international fans of the drama, journalists etc, the sbs drama awards, polls upon polls as a result of his success.its only fair he basks in the glory of his hardwork for the drama.January- February: resident evil promo and premiere plus the casting announcement for criminal minds. March to April: my ear candy with tvn.No space anywhere to overlap with a new movie or drama with or without the fan meets.

3.More importantly I think he operates on 'quality better than quantity' philosophy.Even though this interview was four years ago but i dont think this has changed for him: look what he says here;

Q:You are now in the process of selecting your next project. What do you place the most emphasis on when choosing a project? what are your expectations?
JG:The most important thing is that the show shouldn’t be something purely for entertainment, but it should be something that resonates with the audience. I think a show that touches the hearts of many is better than one that leaves the audience with nothing at the end. Of course, the basic requirement is that I should find the scenario interesting when I read it.

https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/translation-lee-joon-gi-ep-j-2013-winter/#more-533

So i think if this is what still guides him when choosing projects, then it makes sense for him to invest his energy on only one or maybe two at most per year to produce this outcome.This is why we have shows like: king and the clown, the time between dog and wolf, iljimae (to some extent), two weeks and now scarlet heart ryeo. These are shows that were not just mere entertainment but shows that had heart. So even though two weeks had "low" domestic ratings and scarlet heart ryeo too plus its perceived "flaws" by those who absolutely hated the drama:D, and the other three are almost a decade ago.There are many people still rave about these shows today and some dont understand why.

Whereas the most recent popular shows were just like a puff of air, talk about them for a month or two and then disappear.They dont leave long lasting impression. How many actors at his age can boast of that?.I know he is now a veteran actor.Some of his fellow veteran actors hope from one project without taking a break in a year. I mean it works for them. But JG plays his characters in such a way that both he and us the audience get too attached to the character, and we need time to adjust to the next character.Can you imagine if he had just wrap up wang so, in end october and then begin filming a new drama in November. Even now its been seven months already but people are still suffering from the "wang so effect". That's how powerful he is.

4.As for the director thing, he really has a knack for it.His people skills are excellent.You know he did help direct 10th prince's dying scene.And that to me, was that character's most memorable scene in the whole drama.You can check MLSHR BTS. He even shows 10th prince how to act out the scene and kept cheering him on until he acted the scene well.Also look at part of his advice to an aspiring actress(there is more but here is the summary: its already been posted before but still(dont be too mesmerised by the pretty face coz he sure is looking beautiful here:D:D read the subs) :

tumblr_oln1wtJKFT1tdfsf6o2_400.gif

tumblr_oln1wtJKFT1tdfsf6o3_400.gif

tumblr_oln1wtJKFT1tdfsf6o4_r1_400.gif

tumblr_oln1wtJKFT1tdfsf6o6_400.gif

tumblr_oln1wtJKFT1tdfsf6o8_400.gif

10 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I know fanmeets sound exhausting but I bet he gets a big boost from receiving the energy from all the fans.

This.He has said it himself many times but let me just quote his own words from a source:

Q: You are now preparing for your Asia Tour. How is it like practising for your songs and choreography?

JG:please think of my performances as a venue for me to interact with my fans in various ways. That’s why I’ve been thinking of ways that I can communicate more with my fans. Singing and dancing help to relieve my stress, so I’m enjoying my practices too.

Q:There are many who wish to see you film another cool MV like J-Style. Do you have any plans to produce one?
JG: I’m not a singer, so I’m a bit concerned that producing a MV will give people the impression that I’m being one. There are also many who prefer me to focus on acting rather than selling albums. So my priority now as an actor is to get more critically acclaimed projects that will bring in high viewership. However, I do acknowledge that producing MVs do stimulate me, so I wish to take up the challenge again one day.

https://daegorr.wordpress.com/2014/01/27/translation-lee-joon-gi-ep-j-2013-winter/#more-533

This is where you know he does really read his fans' opinions.Its just that in the end, this guy has a firm grasp on his career.He knows what he is doing.He will take constructive criticisms on board. But ultimately the decision making process about what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and how he is going to do it is in his hands.

PS: so sorry for my very very long rambling..it wasnt mean to be this long.its ok if you just skip through and get the gist of what am trying to say.

• Like 11

In my newly found hobby..i cant leave the forum without posting a good day/night gif or beauty parade.While we are at it, why not post a few shots of him at his asia tours/fan meet:

Part one: Beauty Parade

2072965474_5e_KZuc_Xx_01_5242

le25n7u.jpg

This photo gets to me gets me going :wub::wub: no matter how many times i see it

tumblr_ok8ssrGxOJ1tdfsf6o5_400_zpste0r5c

looks like that hat has been around for a long time(2014) we saw it again some two days ago in the fan cams.Those tight leather jeans though. oppa you know iam not so innocent:ph34r:.

005CoBzIjw1enop0ft5trj31kw2dcnhs

more_travel_img

web_2042553672_12f7cab0

web_2042553672_44d6c19f

SQYQWppl.jpg

All credits go to the original photo uploaders.

to be continued.....

• Like 7

12 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

Criminal Minds and main characters background stories are partners. In CM-US, Jason Gideon rekindled his first love. David Rossi's backstories also include his first love or exes. Do you know how old are these characters? 50-60's? What's so freaking unnecessary in that?

@pixelsticks About the rosary bracelet, Cooper in the CM-Suspect Behaviour has the similar bracelet too. While LJG wore one when he was in the army.

*** K-celebrities not only LJK are known to wear charmed & cross bracelets on their natural daily lives. ^_^ It's freaking unnecessary & that's my opinion.............<_<

• Like 3

7 hours ago, willenette said:

*** K-celebrities not only LJK are known to wear charmed & cross bracelets on their natural daily lives. ^_^ It's freaking unnecessary & that's my opinion.............<_<

It's about Criminal Minds and I find your opinion uneducated. And that's my freaking opinion.

About the rosary bracelet- we were talking about LJG's character or Hyun Joon who wears the rosary bracelet in CM. We are sharing info or views about whether the rosary bracelet has meaning or not. Who cares about other K-celebrities on a topic relating to CM & on LJG's thread? I am totally confused of what's exactly your trying to point out. :blink:

I am starting not so well in this thread. :)

@missmaudy I know my opinion on the possibitlity of season 2 is farfetched. :huh: But I do think it could have been a thought...since the Chinese version did have one. I mean, when looking at MLSHR on paper...it looks like it should have been a ratings juggernaut: great director, amazing cinematographers, poignant OSTs, LJG, hot young actors.  How could one NOT be optimistic (before airing)?  But yes, I know...2nd seasons don't happen. <<<the elusive hankie scene be damned>>>:wink:  

I believe @willenette is refering to the excessive use of first love backstories as a literary plot device as freaking unnecessary in Kdramas.  She is complaining about their overuse by writers, not saying that hearing about senior characters first loves are stupid in themselves.  Does that make any sense?  And @Uniform Victory and I were discussing the bracelet that JG wears while in Hyun Jun character which was first seen during the first CM shoots in the streets with the vendors. It does seem to be specific to this character and not something JG wears while not in character right now. Hence our discussion.   It could all be wrong..but it's something to talk about until CM airs. 

As @violina shares, JG seems to value quality over quantity, but has has been a busy guy these last 2 years with the 2 movies, MLSHR, Seven Kisses, fan meets, MEC, various photoshoots and now CM.  I want productions to be sending him some amazing stuff for him to look at starting in the fall!  After CM initial promotions...take a family vacation and then get back to acting.  B)

Ooops...already shared by @glassnokamen

@violina That shirt defines him well in the video!  Arms look strong.  And yes...there is the bracelet.  :ph34r:

• Like 9

@pixelsticks MLSHR was an adaptation of the novel, wasn't it? I believe they went as per the novel. On the other hand, the Chinese version was another adaptation of the book and I think this version have deviated from the novel for making the 4th Prince travel to the 21st century. Then they made season 2. I heard season 2 didn't rate as good as season 1.

But you know anything is possible. There's a demand. Even to these days, I read petition for Season 2. 

• Like 6

6 hours ago, missmaudy said:

@pixelsticks MLSHR was an adaptation of the novel, wasn't it? I believe they went as per the novel. On the other hand, the Chinese version was another adaptation of the book and I think this version have deviated from the novel for making the 4th Prince travel to the 21st century. Then they made season 2. I heard season 2 didn't rate as good as season 1.

But you know anything is possible. There's a demand. Even to these days, I read petition for Season 2. 

it is actually adapted from the chinese drama Scarlet Heart which is from a chinese novel. i prefer the korean version actually. 

the female lead really understood the struggles of Wang So even though she still decided to leave.

for the Chinese version, the female lead keeps blaming the 4th prince and thus becomes a reason for her to leave palace.

• Like 5

15 hours ago, Uniform Victory said:

It's about Criminal Minds and I find your opinion uneducated. And that's my freaking opinion.

About the rosary bracelet- we were talking about LJG's character or Hyun Joon who wears the rosary bracelet in CM. We are sharing info or views about whether the rosary bracelet has meaning or not. Who cares about other K-celebrities on a topic relating to CM & on LJG's thread? I am totally confused of what's exactly your trying to point out. :blink:

I am starting not so well in this thread. :)

*** YOU ARE! And you should know that.....................You sounded as if you know the facts but your comment is full of BS...........All your talking & posts about him here can't be taken seriously. Aish...........I wish more people would be more objective and not so SHALLOW............... <_<

11 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

I believe @willenette is refering to the excessive use of first love backstories as a literary plot device as freaking unnecessary in Kdramas.  She is complaining about their overuse by writers, not saying that hearing about senior characters first loves are stupid in themselves.  Does that make any sense?

Hi pixelsticks, well-said, dear. NICE that you very well understood what I quoted here. Hahaha - there are just people who fall for nonsense sharing & what they do is just to reply without thinking first what to write................Pity her! :tongue:

• Like 1

On 2017-6-12 at 1:05 PM, bluelilac1214 said:

I'm sorry I'm late but, Welcome to the family! I'm a newbie here too so don't worry about having to catch up, I'm right here with you. :D I don't know how many times I've mentioned this, as @violina said, Wang So is love...:wub:

Thank you. Thank you. Thank you. I didn't know that I needed to see this gif, but apparently I do! Because, I'm currently watching Two Weeks and Oh My God, my heart hurts. :heartbreak: It's a very good drama and I love it. JG is so amazing in it, he makes my heart hurt!! I'm feeling all kinds of things and I'm not able to express myself clearly at the moment.

Hide contents

I don't know whether this is an unpopular opinion, but I want to see him in a drama and/or movie where he's smiling and smirking (and flirting too) from the beginning to end. I need it.

@antoniaclamens Thank you for the lovely gifs and pics and for prompting @violina Please keep up the good work!:wink: While we are at it, how about crying gif parade (God, why am I doing this to myself?? :crazy:) - JG is simply amazing at it, even his eyes act magnificently! 

You’re welcome!!! i’ll try to include a crying parade. I love when he cries too!!! Even when I always ended up crying along with him

On 2017-6-12 at 5:22 PM, missmaudy said:

@pixelsticks There is a big possibility that we may find photos of him at GD concert floating around in a few days. He was photographed at the EXO & Psy concerts. 

just to think about the possibility of being sitting next LJG on a concert makes me salivate.. of course i'd never dream to see the concert, I would look at him only from start to finish

On 2017-6-12 at 9:51 PM, jaysmurf said:

sorry cuz i don't always cry after watching dramas.
when i was watching LJG, i feel his pain :(

I confess I’m the crying type. I cry over dramas, movies, books, songs, places, anything that touches my heart with its beauty or sadness… so I cried rivers because of Wang So. He stills makes me cry a lot (and more than any other thing, sigh) wish I could be like you…:bawling:

On 2017-6-13 at 9:41 AM, cedarwood said:

And to work with! He's sometimes compared to other korean stars and everyone says that he's really hard working person, v. professional, v. focused, never complaints and never behaves like a star or drama queen. 

Never seen that! Do you know where I can find his scenes in NonStop?

Will ask - how's the drama? I have it and will watch it some day.

Sorry for cutting your post! what you said must be true. He has to be someone wonderful to work with! So many praises from his co-workers must be for something. On spoiler because offtopic:

Spoiler

about 3W3L10MPB aka eternal love, it is my first Chinese drama and a long one (58 epis) but epis are like 40 minutes length and time flies very fast when watching it. I just end it and I love it so much! It’s not a perfect drama but it’s really addictive. And you will love Ye Hua (Mark Chao, the leading man). He’s not Wang So (nobody can be a Wang So, I doubt if LJG himself could ever give us something so great again), but Ye Hua is LOVE!!! :wub::heart::heart::heart: If you have time: do watch it!!!

On 2017-6-13 at 5:02 PM, violina said:

Allow me to chip in my irrelevant two cents here.I appreciate your concerns are valid,and I totally understand where you are coming from, but I think its because you are missing him, thats why you feel that way(dont we all? i miss his presence). lets all stay strong and hang on, it will eventually be ok. Indeed, everytime time I see JG looking tired or haggard,I just feel the urge to snatch him away from the world.lock him up in a room and feed him non stop.Give him an ultimatum to rest and sleep for at least three days. And lately take away his phone, so he doesnt access the internet for a few days.But we all know JG is a workaholic and extrovert, so that is stifling him not helping him.Anyways back to what you have said:

1. About his co-stars, remember he was kind of the middleman, not the most senior but not the most junior actor either.Starting with the senior ones like his dad, mom, step mum, the general in the mlshr drama etc..those actors usually play important but supporting characters, so they can afford to hop from one drama to the next within a year because they have fewer lines and scenes thus less exhausting and easy to detach and immerse themselves from one character to the next.In my opinion they are not really aiming to create iconic characters but just help in narrating the drama stories.As for the younger co stars like for example 8th prince who can also be considered one of the main characters; a simple google search will tell you that he is majorly a film actor rather than a drama actor and he is like the blue chip young blood of the k-movie industry. Hence why he is in so many movie productions before, during and after MLSHR.

2.As for 3rd prince, 13th prince, and 14th prince, remember they are almost a decade younger than JG.So it makes sense for them to be running around, trying to gain more acting experience and mark their place in the industry and and grabbing every opportunity available to them.They cant afford to be leaving too much time gaps because they are replaceable.Also lets not forget two out of the three are getting all these projects because of agency backing, Whereas JG doesnt need that.Also look at the time line, MLSHR finished filming in June; between July and August was heavy promos for MLSHR.show aired between August-Early November.November -December was post show interviews, magazine photo shoots and it being an international success, everyone wants a piece of him, international fans of the drama, journalists etc, the sbs drama awards, polls upon polls as a result of his success.its only fair he basks in the glory of his hardwork for the drama.January- February: resident evil promo and premiere plus the casting announcement for criminal minds. March to April: my ear candy with tvn.No space anywhere to overlap with a new movie or drama with or without the fan meets.

3.More importantly I think he operates on 'quality better than quantity' philosophy.Even though this interview was four years ago but i dont think this has changed for him: look what he says here;

Q:You are now in the process of selecting your next project. What do you place the most emphasis on when choosing a project? what are your expectations?
JG:The most important thing is that the show shouldn’t be something purely for entertainment, but it should be something that resonates with the audience. I think a show that touches the hearts of many is better than one that leaves the audience with nothing at the end. Of course, the basic requirement is that I should find the scenario interesting when I read it.

So i think if this is what still guides him when choosing projects, then it makes sense for him to invest his energy on only one or maybe two at most per year to produce this outcome.This is why we have shows like: king and the clown, the time between dog and wolf, iljimae (to some extent), two weeks and now scarlet heart ryeo. These are shows that were not just mere entertainment but shows that had heart. So even though two weeks had "low" domestic ratings and scarlet heart ryeo too plus its perceived "flaws" by those who absolutely hated the drama:D, and the other three are almost a decade ago.There are many people still rave about these shows today and some dont understand why.

Whereas the most recent popular shows were just like a puff of air, talk about them for a month or two and then disappear.They dont leave long lasting impression. How many actors at his age can boast of that?.I know he is now a veteran actor.Some of his fellow veteran actors hope from one project without taking a break in a year. I mean it works for them. But JG plays his characters in such a way that both he and us the audience get too attached to the character, and we need time to adjust to the next character.Can you imagine if he had just wrap up wang so, in end october and then begin filming a new drama in November. Even now its been seven months already but people are still suffering from the "wang so effect". That's how powerful he is.

4.As for the director thing, he really has a knack for it.His people skills are excellent.You know he did help direct 10th prince's dying scene.And that to me, was that character's most memorable scene in the whole drama.You can check MLSHR BTS. He even shows 10th prince how to act out the scene and kept cheering him on until he acted the scene well.Also look at part of his advice to an aspiring actress(there is more but here is the summary: its already been posted before but still(dont be too mesmerised by the pretty face coz he sure is looking beautiful here:D:D read the subs) :

This.He has said it himself many times but let me just quote his own words from a source:

Q: You are now preparing for your Asia Tour. How is it like practising for your songs and choreography?

JG:please think of my performances as a venue for me to interact with my fans in various ways. That’s why I’ve been thinking of ways that I can communicate more with my fans. Singing and dancing help to relieve my stress, so I’m enjoying my practices too.

Q:There are many who wish to see you film another cool MV like J-Style. Do you have any plans to produce one?
JG: I’m not a singer, so I’m a bit concerned that producing a MV will give people the impression that I’m being one. There are also many who prefer me to focus on acting rather than selling albums. So my priority now as an actor is to get more critically acclaimed projects that will bring in high viewership. However, I do acknowledge that producing MVs do stimulate me, so I wish to take up the challenge again one day.

This is where you know he does really read his fans' opinions.Its just that in the end, this guy has a firm grasp on his career.He knows what he is doing.He will take constructive criticisms on board. But ultimately the decision making process about what he wants to do, when he wants to do it and how he is going to do it is in his hands.

PS: so sorry for my very very long rambling..it wasnt mean to be this long.its ok if you just skip through and get the gist of what am trying to say.

You're so right, we just have to go a read/hear what he said to felt assured he always know what he wants and what is the best for him... and us fans!!! thank you for remind us that

@glassnokamen and @violina thank you so much for the CM vids and pics!!! i need the drama like right now!!!! so much anticipation... and i love the new lotte picture. i always thought that Lee Jong Suk looks under 18! (that's why i didn't ship the lead couple in I Can Hear Your Voice, it seemed ilegal to me!!!) but in that picture LJG looks younger than him! how could he do it!!!

• Like 8

14 minutes ago, antoniaclamens said:

@glassnokamen @pixelsticks as you were talking about the singles photoshoot i was about to post some gifs from it, hope you enjoy:

Can you hear me squee!?!?  That one photoshoot was all kinds of amazing.  Arrgh.  Where's the Marie Claire stuff?  I haven't wanted June to disappear so quickly before.  

LeeJunKi041_zps538697e2.jpg

• Like 9

3 hours ago, pixelsticks said:

Can you hear me squee!?!?  That one photoshoot was all kinds of amazing.  Arrgh.  Where's the Marie Claire stuff?  I haven't wanted June to disappear so quickly before.  

I am anxiously anticipating the latest marie claire:wub: and interview. and didnt they say he did a vogue shoot too?More JG photos soon only two more weeks yipee.Ok while we wait?lets go down the memory lane:

Marie Claire

tumblr_odxpeqHYTL1se4lluo8_400_zpsm3hrd9

Spoiler

tumblr_odxpeqHYTL1se4lluo1_400_zpsfwvniy

tumblr_odxpeqHYTL1se4lluo7_400_zps1ov4a7

Allure

tumblr_okt7q4uBsf1tdfsf6o5_400.gif

Spoiler

tumblr_o4p3zr3DcN1spfigfo5_400.gif

tumblr_okt7q4uBsf1tdfsf6o3_400.gif

Namoo

tumblr_okaxx58pFU1tdfsf6o4_400.gif