The Official X-Japan Thread.

Guest sc;-

X-JAPAN

band247ld.jpgInformation. PATA advent0030gm.jpg Tomoaki Ishizuka bass Birthday: 11.04.1965 Birthplace: Chiba YOSHIKI yoshiki050ix.jpg Hayashi Yoshiki Drums & Piano Birthday: 11.20.1965 Birthplace: Teteyama, Chiba TOSHI toshi125na.jpg Toshimitsu Deyama Vocals Birthday: 10.10.1965 Birthplace: Tateyama, Chiba HIDE hide016qw.jpg Matsumoto Hideto guitar, background vocals birthday: 12.13.1964 he died May, 2nd 1998 birthplace: Kanagawa, Yokohama HEATH heath131qd.gif Name: Morie Hiroshi Instrument: Bass Joined: 1992 (left Media Youth, joined after Taiji's departure) born January 22, 1968 TAIJI Born July 12, 1966. thx cyberfruit for health and taiji info =)

• Replies 66
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Guest Strawberry Boba Tea

X-Japan was very popular back in the day. I've never really gotten that much into them but I think after all this time, my favorite song is still "Crucify my Love".

ah i used to be a big fan of x-japan . i've not got any pics of them , but it's good to know they have a thread happening xD

my favorite song has to be 'standing sex' (live) and 'silent jealousy'

Guest cyberfruit

You have to include Taiji! He was in X before Heath joined.

Here's some about Heath that I know off the top of my head.

Name: Morie Hiroshi

Instrument: Bass

Joined: 1992 (left Media Youth, joined after Taiji's departure)

I'll find somemore info for you.

edit: Heath was born January 22, 1968 and Taiji was bon July 12, 1966.

but.. o.O hide died? how?

He was drunk that night and tried to hang himself...unfortunately it worked...he died on the way to the hospital.

I still love X-Japan, I enjoy listening to their music. The first song I ever heard was "Forever love". One of my favourite songs is "Kurenai".

Guest cyberfruit

i've heard of them.. but never really listened to their songs but.. o.O hide died? how?

See below.

He was drunk that night and tried to hang himself...unfortunately it worked...he died on the way to the hospital.

Actually, the topic of it being a suicide and is accident is stil being debated because he was drunk at the time. He had used the towel to relieve the muscles in his shoulders (he does play guitar so there's always stress on them) and because his senses were slowed due to alcohol, he most likely wasn't realising that he was as choking himself.

Guest CrazieRavieToast

It's about time they had their own thread. I hope it lasts for a very long time. I'll post some pictures later but all I have is hide.

Guest cyberfruit

It's about time they had their own thread. I hope it lasts for a very long time. I'll post some pictures later but all I have is hide.

Same! I only have hide with SB pics on this comp! My laptop is full of X Japan.

Guest Trejiiten

it's been said, that when hide was drunk, he would more or less black out to all of his actions and be a violent drunk (this was mentioned in Taiji's self biography)...after he sobered up, he would ask what happened while he was drunk, and pretty much immediately appologize for anything he might have done or said

a lot of people also believe that his songs "rocket dive" and "pink spider" are insights to his state of mind and that he was actually a very depressed person....but there are other people, including friends, who would never believe hide was depressed seeing as how he was always so happy (while sober)

one more thing....had hide not committed suicide, X-Japan would have reformed with a new singer in 2000, but their sound might have been drastically different because Yoshiki can never play drums the way he used to in the past

but of course, with hide's death, that never came to fluition.

Yoshiki is still working on his project Violet UK (which he started back in the 90s) and a lot of people are wondering when Violet UK will finally release an album. if you want a sample of what Violet UK sounds like, there's a taste on his latest album Eternal Melody 2...granted it's just the vocalist, but it's still a taste. if youve seen the 7-11 commercials a while back, you wouldve seen Yoshiki staring in them, and having violet uk play music in the commercials

Pata was on a tour with his band Ra:IN in Shanghai, France, various locations in Japan, and I think Taiwan most recently (though I could be wrong about taiwan being most recent)

Heath is with his new band Lynx (he's gone through a bunch, including DopeHEADZ with Pata) and will be holding a gig/concert tonight (the 31st) in Yokohama

Toshi is still with Masaya playing "healing music"...which in a sense seems to work, and apparently he's enjoying what he's doing (even though a lot of peope believed Toshi was brainwashed by Masaya and thus left X-Japan) and does a series of concerts throughout Japan playing a good 200+ days a year

Guest Iridescence

So yes. Lots of speculation considering Hide's death... I hope that it was just an accident... I wouldn't want him to go through suicide..

Anyone listen to Art of Life? It truly shows their skills. It helps back up how legendary they are. I love how in some of their songs, you can feel this sort of classical mood. I love it. They only performed it once, and I'm sad to say that I didn't know of them then nor would I have been able to see the performance of Art of Life.

First song I ever heard from them was 'Tears'. I swear, I loveeee their Ballad Collection. Best of all to me. But that could be just because of my affinity for ballads.

Truly inspiration and legendary band. <3

Archived