Filipino R&b Music

Guest -.Gigi.-

Guest -.Gigi.-

Does anyone know a filipino R&B artist?

I don't mean the one's from America that happens to be filipino. I mean the people who are from the Philippines.

The only type of music I hear from Filipinos are ballads or MYMP kind of songs.

I looove MYMP, but I wanted to know if there are Filipino artists like Rain or Se7en.

• Replies 45
  • Created
  • Last Reply

hmm..you could try Jay-R. i love his songs--especially "Kung Mahal Mo Sya", "Bakit Pa Ba", "Our Love", and "I Got the Key." Heck, i love all his songs. lol. His voice is great~

Southborder has some great R&B songs also--"Rainbow", "Wherever You Are".

Also Kyla-Philippines` R&B Princess :)

Her songs "Hanggang Ngayon", "Ngayon Wala Ka Na", "If the Feeling is Gone", and "Say That You Love Me" featuring Jay-R are my favorite of hers.

i`m not very up-to-date with Filipino music these days, so i don`t know that many, but i hope i helped! If you want a sample of the music i`ve mentioned, just PM me and i`ll upload them for you :)

Guest angel2nyt

try kyla

my favorite song from her is 'hanggang kailan'

from her first album

and her renditions of because of you and you are my song are some of the best

and also south border..

they have the best philippine rnb songs

kahit kailan is my favorite though and love of my life

they have more nice songs

but my mind isnt working right now

I'm not updated w/Filipino music as well; but when you say Filipino R&B, i'll immediately think of South Border. even with changing lead vocals, I still love them. question: can we consider Freestyle's music as R&B? I love that band during the time when Top was the lead singer.

also, Kyla's such a good singer. I love her and Jay-R's rendition of Say You Love Me: a very good OPM song with a touch of r&b.

Guest amydien

I know Nina, Kyla, Southborder...

What I like best about filipino RnB is that they are really awesome at acoustic performances:

Nyoy Volante(sp?), Freestyle, Side A, Paolo something(the guy who sang that close up theme song?), MYMP....I think there's more but Im just not so familiar with them. :)

Guest chopsticksandspoon

^ agree.

but i'm not that much into rnb...

is christian bautista considered an rnb artists?

or is he more pop?

well, i'm actually not into filipino music that much.

haha. but i really love filipino bands.

i'm more into rock... :P like kamikazee, rivermaya, parokya ni edgar, the likes.

Guest cpopbaby19

^haha

he's a balladeer. but man, totally LOVE his songs! he effin PWNS ALL! XD i LOVE his voice alooott! <3 <3

well yeah, im into bands too.

check out calla lily, they got GOOD songs! (stars and take my hand), also i'm lovin Itchyworms' (sp?) Loveteam! ahahahha the song's soo cuteeee!

check out calla lily, they got GOOD songs! (stars and take my hand), also i'm lovin Itchyworms' (sp?) Loveteam! ahahahha the song's soo cuteeee!

Callalily's music is classified as pop rock I think. I love their music. And they're freakin nice in person. haha

Jay-R, South Border, Kyla, Amber, April.

April's album is pretty good. Kinda hihop R&B. The Japanese group, w-inds., has a version of Jay-R's "Design 4 Luv" :)

Callalily's music is classified as pop rock I think. I love their music. And they're freakin nice in person. haha

April's album is pretty good. Kinda hihop R&B. The Japanese group, w-inds., has a version of Jay-R's "Design 4 Luv" :)

This is a little off topic, but what is the W-ind`s song called? haha. i`m curious to hear what it sounds like!

Guest cpopbaby19

really? =_= im not so good in classifying songs. hahaha

but yeah, I JUST MET CALLA LILY LAST THURS! :w00t:

<3<3<3

the voca is SOO damn HAWT~

-Alekshin <3

Guest angel2nyt

I know Nina, Kyla, Southborder...

What I like best about filipino RnB is that they are really awesome at acoustic performances:

Nyoy Volante(sp?), Freestyle, Side A, Paolo something(the guy who sang that close up theme song?), MYMP....I think there's more but Im just not so familiar with them. :)

paolo santos

this guy is so awesome

and nina's new song is so nice..

i like the songs that she has covered but i hope to see some more original material from her

same goes to mymp

Guest A-I-Z-A

^ agree.

but i'm not that much into rnb...

is christian bautista considered an rnb artists?

or is he more pop?

well, i'm actually not into filipino music that much.

haha. but i really love filipino bands.

i'm more into rock... :P like kamikazee, rivermaya, parokya ni edgar, the likes.

I'm also into rock phil bands... you should listen to moonstar88, imago, mojofly

This is a little off topic, but what is the W-ind`s song called? haha. i`m curious to hear what it sounds like!

It's "Game" I think...

really? =_= im not so good in classifying songs. hahaha

but yeah, I JUST MET CALLA LILY LAST THURS! :w00t:

<3<3<3

the voca is SOO damn HAWT~

-Alekshin <3

Yeah and he's sooo funny! haha. I met them twice already.

Guest maizakichi

well...im not really into music..but im really hoping to see a "super junior" group here in the philippines...cause japanese/koreans/taiwanese have boy bands..wee..heheh ...why can't we?..well.most of the people here thinks that boy bands are kinda gay..that's why rock bands are sprouting everywhere here in RP..no offense to any Prock(pinoy rock?! or Fpop for filipino.lol..) lovers out there...cause they are talented indeed...

but i want to have Ppop (hahaha..).confused again..or is it Fpop...>.<

when someone says filipino r&b ... the first thing that comes to my mind is SOUTHBORDER, no doubt.

Other Southborder songs recommendations: Love of My Life and Sweet.

i LOVE 'em ... and yeah even if they changed lead singers several times now ... the band just keeps on getting better.

i don't consider Nyoy Volante as R&B ... more of accoustic pop maybe.

Jay-R and Kyla, yes.

i'm not that fond of MYMP (or other pop acts - because most of their songs are just remakes) - i prefer the bands too :)

Archived