❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

lduc

10 K-Dramas That Feature Strong, Multi-Dimensional Women

Mar 8, 2020
by Belinda_C

At one point, maybe a decade or two ago, K-dramaland was populated with Candy-type female leads. They rarely had any agency; their storylines revolved around the male leads, only reacting to what was happening or being done to them. Mostly, they were there to be a love interest, to be arm candy. Secondary female characters’ storylines were even more cliché; their sole purpose was to be vindictive and calculating, creating chaos in their wake so the male lead could have a chance to swoop in and “save” the female lead.

While these characters can be entertaining to watch, we also know that this broad-strokes-characterization of women is largely unfair. We women are more complex than just the “bubbly but naive” characters you often see in dramas, and thankfully, as times have progressed, K-dramaland has given us female characters we can actually aspire to be: women who are resilient and strong, who are intelligent and excel in their fields, who don’t confine themselves to the usual notions of femininity; women who support other women. And so as we celebrate Women’s Day and celebrate all the amazing women in our lives, let’s also look at some of the impressive women in K-dramaland who have emerged these recent years and aren’t afraid to show everyone who’s boss.

beyonce-who-run-the-world.gif

Warning: Minor spoilers ahead.

Doctors” (2016)

Doctors.jpg

Not only does Yoo Hye Jung (Park Shin Hye) have a kick-richard simmons profession — she’s a neurosurgeon — but she can literally kick richard simmons too. Growing up under less than ideal circumstances, it’s no wonder she becomes somewhat of a delinquent in her teenage years. However, somewhere along the way, she decides to do better and make something of herself. She manages to veer away from all the anger and violence from her tough childhood and instead draws from her inner strength and intelligence. And despite all odds, she successfully becomes a respected neurosurgeon and finds work at one of the most prestigious hospitals in the country. But she still carries some of that badassery from her teenage years and can still deal out some richard simmons-whooping whenever necessary.

Doctors-gif.gif

Watch the first episode of “Doctors” here:

WATCH NOW

soompi.com/article/1385588wpp/10-k-dramas-that-feature-strong-multi-dimensional-women

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1

Watch: Park Shin Hye Demonstrates How Actors Fake-Slap Each Other On Camera With Super Junior’s Heechul

Watch: Park Shin Hye Demonstrates How Actors Fake-Slap Each Other On Camera With Super Junior’s Heechul

Mar 7, 2020
by E. Cha

On the latest episode of “Ask Us Anything,” Park Shin Hye shared some fun tricks of the trade!

The actress appeared as a guest on the March 7 broadcast of the JTBC variety show alongside Kim Sung Ryung and Jeon Jong Seo, her co-stars from the upcoming film “Call.” 

During the program, Park Shin Hye talked about her experience filming “Stairway to Heaven,” the classic SBS drama in which she made her acting debut back in 2003. While filming multiple takes of a scene in which Lee Hwi Hyang‘s character slaps her, the actress revealed, “I was slapped over 30 times or so.”

Park Shin Hye went on to explain, “As far as I recall, the script said [that my character] should be slapped about four times, but we had to film the scene from multiple angles. Even now, [Lee Hwi Hyang] still talks about it in interviews, saying I’m the actor to whom she feels the most apologetic.”

When Kang Ho Dong asked her if she had felt sad about it at the time, Park Shin Hye replied, “No, there wasn’t any time for me to have those kinds of thoughts. As soon as I was slapped, I raised my head and looked back up [to continue acting]. But I think even that part of it was fun for me back then.”

Super Junior’s Kim Heechul asked if actors still actually slap each other during filming these days, and Park Shin Hye replied, “Nowadays, all those scenes are [typically] fake. The sound effects used in production are really great, and the slapping scenes can be edited to look real. If you bring your hand down diagonally from behind, and the actor [pretending to be slapped] lowers his head at the right time, it looks really convincing.”

Heechul then joined Park Shin Hye at the front of the classroom for a demonstration, and the actress taught him the correct timing for turning his head away as if he’d been slapped. She added, “If I toss my hair forward at the same time, it looks even more real.”

As Lee Soo Geun waited on the sidelines to add a sound effect at the right time, Park Shin Hye and Heechul proceeded to act out a fight in which she pretended to slap him with all her strength. To make it even more convincing, Heechul pretended to have his hat fly off from the force of her fake-slap, and the cast and crew marveled at how real the scene looked.

Check out the clip of Park Shin Hye fake-slapping Heechul below!

393,511 views  1 day ago

You can also watch the young Park Shin Hye in “Stairway to Heaven” with English subtitles here:

WATCH NOW

https://soompi.com/article/1387127wpp/watch-park-shin-hye-demonstrates-how-actors-fake-slap-each-other-on-camera-with-super-juniors-heechul

• Love 2

Park Shin Hye Talks About Her Dream Before Becoming An Actress + The Sacrifices Her Parents Made For Her Career

Park Shin Hye Talks About Her Dream Before Becoming An Actress + The Sacrifices Her Parents Made For Her Career

Mar 7, 2020
by S. Park

Park Shin Hye spoke about her dreams and how she began her acting career on “Ask Us Anything”!

On the March 7 episode of the JTBC variety show, the stars of the upcoming film “Call” appeared as guests.

Park Shin Hye kickstarted her career as a child actress when she debuted in the 2003 drama “Stairway to Heaven.” When asked if her dream had always been to become an actress, she replied, “No, my original dream was not an actress. My childhood dream was to become a police officer.”

Park-Shin-Hye_1.jpg

She went on to explain, “When I was in first grade in elementary school, our house was robbed. At the time, my mom had about 800,000 won (approximately $673) in her wallet, and the robber took all of that. I was young at the time, so when I thought about how much that was, I thought, ‘You could buy so many jellies and snacks with 800,000 won.'”

She added, “With that innocent mindset, my dream from first to sixth grade of elementary school was to become a police officer.”

Park-Shin-Hye_3.jpg

Park Shin Hye then revealed how she became an actress. “There was an audition for Lee Seung Hwan’s music video, and all of the teachers at my church were fans of [Lee Seung Hwan],” she said. “They sent in my photo [on my behalf]. I was rejected for the music video, but I received an offer to work [as a child actress].”

Spoiler

Park-Shin-Hye_4.jpg

Park-Shin-Hye_1.jpg

Describing her parents’ commitment to her career, she said, “My family was facing financial difficulties at the time, but my parents just left everything behind and moved to Seoul with me.”

Seo Jang Hoon asked what her father did for a living if he left his job behind to suddenly move to Seoul, and Park Shin Hye replied, “He drove a taxi, sold insurance, and had a difficult time. Both of my parents worked really hard.”

Park-Shin-Hye_6.jpg

Watch a full episode of “Ask Us Anything” with English subtitles below!

WATCH NOW

Source (1)

soompi.com/article/1387090wpp/park-shin-hye-talks-about-her-dream-before-becoming-an-actress-the-sacrifices-her-parents-made-for-her-career

Spoiler

• Like 1
  • Thanks 1