❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

Guest LaDadaista

Requested by my dear @jennbee, I hope you guys don't mind me posting my translation here too.
FULL TRANSLATION : PRESS CONFERENCE 2014.09.19'2014 Story of Angel' Fan Meeting in Thailand

Credit: Bugaboo.TV
00:56:

MC: Is she beautiful?
Fans: (Yes, she is) Beautiful!!!
MC: Is she cute?
Fans: (Yes, she is) Cute!!!
MC: I'm so happy to be here!

01:09
MC: Firstly, please let Park Shin Hye-shi greet Thai fans and all the media agencies.
PSH: Sawadi ka (Hello in Thai), My name is Park Shin Hye ka ("Ka" added at the end of each Thai sentence spoken by a female to show politeness). I'm pleased to meet you guys again. It's been around a year that I hadn't come to Thailand. And I had never been on any press conference stages like this before, so I am very excited now. Thank you everyone for coming here to see me today.

Q&A
02:08
MC: Apart from all drama characters you have already played, are there any other distinct characters you want to try?
PSH: If I have a chance, I would like to try playing a policeman or a doctor roles.

02:52
MC: As I'm sitting close to Park Shin Hye, I can really tell that her facial skin is very flawless! (*fans screaming*) I'm telling the truth. I'm not kidding. Your very pink lips...Well...Ummm...I am also one of your fans that keep following your projects...Then...
PSH: Thank you...

03:20
MC: If you weren't an actress, what kind of work do you think you would do now?
PSH: When I was young, I had a dream of being a policeman. If I weren't an actress like this, I might have been a policeman or a kindergarten teacher now.

MC: Aren't you scared of getting hurt if you were a policeman to arrest the criminals?
PSH: No, I won't be scared at all. If I am willing to do something, I will do my best.
MC: If I were a criminal and I saw a policeman like Park Shin Hye in Thailand, I would tell her to please arrest and jail me...LOL

04:15
MC: Please tell us just one of your impressive experiences of sadness or amusement or horror during filming dramas.
PSH: Every drama I played gave me a lot of impressive experiences. So, it's very hard for me to choose just one.

04:40
MC: In many dramas you played, you had a lot of crying scenes. Do you find it's hard to play a crying scene?
PSH: It is pretty hard and I also felt pressured (to play a crying scene).

04:53
MC: What do you think Park Shin Hye will do or be like in 20 years from now?
PSH: In 20 years...I will be around 45 years old then...I think I'll probably be a mom of my kids (*fans screaming loudly*) or I'll probably own a small coffee shop. If I have my own coffee shop, please pay a visit (*fans screaming loudly again*).
MC: Don't worry...Just prepare a menu in Thai language, your Thai fans will definitely flock to your coffee shop then.

05:55
MC: Do you have any nicknames called by your friends or your fans?
PSH: My Thai fans call me "Nong Puck"*
MC to fans: Does her nickname sound sweet?
Fans: (Yes, it is) Sweet!!!
MC: 1...2...3...
Fans: Nong Puck!!!
MC: How about your fans in other countries?
PSH: As I am an actress, my fans in Korea usually call me "Actress Park" (박배우 : Park-Pae-Woo).

*In Thai, Nong (น้อง) means "younger sister/brother"and Puck (ผัก) means "vegetable" and sounds similar to her surname "Park". To me as a Thai, I also find "Nong Puck" (น้องผัก) a very adorable nickname to call her endearingly, so whenever I talk about Shinhye with my Thai friends, I usually call her "Nong Puck" too.

06:45
MC: Since we've seen various characters you played in your dramas, so what is your true personality like?
PSH: I am very energetic but sometimes I am quite obstreperous.
MC: But if I am to analyze you from what I'm seeing right here, I think you are a courteous type of person.
PSH: See, everyone here is laughing. Everyone seems to know that I am actually not that type of person. (*Laughing*)
MC to fans: To me, she seems to be a sweet and cute lady, but in fact she doesn't? I also used to see her sexy look in foreign media.
MC to PSH: So in fact, you are not a courteous type of person?
PSH: I am a bit mannish and I am not sexy.

07:59
MC: What are your catch-phrases, Park Shin Hye-shi?
PSH: (*Thinking and cutely humming a prolonged "Mmmmmmmmm"* as showing in this clip taken by T-Minoz:http://instagram.com/p/tIIOUhA0_lThe catch-phrases that I often use would be an interjection like "Gee!" (Aigoo : 아이고) or "Woo-meh!". And instead of using common Korean interjections, I often utter an interjection in my hometown (Gwangju) dialect like "Oh! Woo-meh!"
MC: Ohhh, she still looks cute even she exclaimed her shock with "Oh! Woo-meh!"
PSH: *Shyly chuckling*

09:29:
MC: Are there any countries that you want to visit but never have a chance to visit yet?
PSH: I would like to visit European countries because I have never been to Europe yet. Many months ago I also went to Phuket (Thailand's tourist city) with my parents. I love the seas very much.
MC: There many beautiful seas in other cities of Thailand too.
PSH: Yes, if I have a chance, I'll try visiting other cities too.
MC: Please visit Thailand as often as you can, your fans will be very happy.

10:28
MC: Please tell us about your impressions during your (official) visit to Thailand last year?
PSH: The most impressive thing is my fans in Thailand. Before I came to Thailand, I was worried if my Thai fans would welcome me or not but my Thai fans welcomed me very well last time and this time. And during my last year's Thailand fan meeting, my Thai fans also prepared and surprised me with their special project that made me shed my tears. Yesterday (2014.09.18) I also arrived Thailand quite late at night, but I was very glad to see my fans giving me such a warmhearted welcome at the airport. Thank you so much to all my fans.

11:56
MC: Park Shin Hye-shi, your beautiful smile very much brightens the world, I then wonder what in this world brings you the most happiness.
PSH: There are so many things in this world that make me happy such as my parents, my siblings, my friends, my colleagues and my fans. Without the support and encouragement from my fans, I wouldn't have been here or come this far. I then would like to repay my debt of gratitude to my fans with the best performance. (*Fans acclaiming with loud applause*)

12:59
MC: Lastly, what would you like to tell your fans here and the audience at home about your Thailand fan meeting that will take place tomorrow?
PSH: It's been around a year that I had not come to Thailand (officially). Last year, Thailand was the last destination for my Asia fan meeting tour. And meaningfully, this year Thailand has also become the last destination for my 2014 Asia fan meeting tour again. I am very glad to meet my Thai fans. When I return to Korea after my Thailand fan meeting this time, I will have to start filming "Pinocchio" (*fans acclaiming and clapping*). I then would like to ask my Thai fans to keep looking forward to watching "Pinocchio".
MC: I'll definitely watch "Pinocchio", and thank you so much Park Shin Hye-shi!
PSH: Yes, thank you so much.

- END -
Note: I translated from Thai into English and even though, I didn't 100% translate word by word but my translation likely covers at least 90% of the whole Q&A part in accordance with the video above.

I don't think director choose their actress or actor because of real life personality, for example Joo Won is a cute maknae in reality show 1 night 2 day and for all i know from interviews, he is not the cool / cold guy type like his drama character (Baker King Kim Tag Gu, Ojokkyo Brother, Gaksital etc)
Yoon Si Yoon is a mature and quiet type guy in real life but he's play Enrique who is bubbly and cute, Shin Hye is bubbly and cute in real life but she's play Go Dok Mi who is mature and quiet
Actress or Actor don't need to change their personality to be cast for some rule they will act in a drama. Because drama is not reality show (in reality show director choose their cast based on personality)
Actress like Park Shin Hye (who is one of the biggest actress in the twenty something ages in korea) can choose her rule, I don't think she's only get one offer and then accept it, she choose her rule from many rule offered to her. Why she accept Eun Sang rule? because Kim Eun Suk is BIG in Korea, no one will reject her, not even Jang Dong Gun, even if the rule is suck
Park Shin Hye can be cute, bubbly, chubby (personally i dont think she's chubby) even fat (I don't think she's fat for sure) in real life but if she play her rule in a drama with professionalisme then i'm support her. She can be sexy if the rule need her to be sexy (you don't need to be a hooker in real life to play some hooker rule in drama), she can be crazy if the rule need her to be crazy, you dont need to be crazy in real life to act crazy rule in a drama.
My point is real life is different with drama character. In fan meeting, press conference, interviews, guest star in reality show, she can show her true personality, she can wear whatever clothes she wants to wear, because thats Park Shin Hye, not Cha Eun Sang, not Go Dok Mi, not Go Minam, not Audrey Hepburn (like one of her magazine photo concept)But in a drama she will transform to her rule.Why cute rule all the time? she say she choose rule that she can happy and enjoy to act. And to be honest heroine drama character in korean drama are mostly cute, we dont want her to act as second lead female character who is mostly sexy and bitchy rite?
We must wait to see what character she will play in Pinocchio, may be this one is more mature and less cute. Don't judge her based on her airport fashion pic or press conference pic
Sorry for my bad english  ;)

Gifts, food support, banner and giveaways for Thailand FM. PSH_Supporters(Korea) also went to Thailand for her last FM. The Royal Tailor Queen doll and Pinocchio cake are so cute. Great job Thai SAs! :-bd Bx9JZPwCIAA-31e.jpg:large
Bx9JZRECMAAyZzI.jpg:large

Bx8sSS5CQAAfnIu.jpg:large
Bx8sTM-CEAEgUm6.jpg:large
Bx9h1F_CUAAealM.jpg:large
Bx9i0qJCAAEAtd3.jpg:large
Bx9i1XyCQAAeSRl.jpg:large
Bx6xIYKCcAAbA-z.jpg:large
Bx6xJA5CEAAcMaM.jpg:large

cr: PSH_THAI; Pank_Blue; PSH_Supporters

today @myhappyending and @missminami turn. very well said both of you. i couldn't agree with you more. i didn't respond to all what @cawa rain said bcz there are already a lot of senior SA gave insight yesterday and all have good point.. but she/he keep coming..really..
from my point of view shin hye got offer drama most of them bcz of her performance in front of screen, not from behind the screen. she showed chemistry with Lee Wan in STH that lead her get main role in TOH. She had chemistry with second lead JYH in YAB so she got order playing with him in heartsting. her commercial shoot has impact too. JGS, LMH and LJS were her partner on CF before paired up in drama. she get roles opposite as her character in FBND, so we can assume she got a lot of offer not bcz her real personality, same goes to goong s. she is actress most-sought got offer not only in korea but taiwan and china(but salt said she can't make it this year). 
i like your previous post cawa rain when you point out shin hye profile during china fm. you said she show off a lot of side of her self (including sexy and cutie). don't you see my profile pic was taken during china fm? she was cutie pie there. don't you think her airport pic in thailand was sexy? she shows her cheerful side in thailand bcz she really love thailand fans. they gave her surprise last year and she really anticipating to meet them again. she has been stable during her FM, by showing a lot of side herself. and i don't get your point in your last post why if pd and writer attach with her sexiness she offered to play high school student? we have a long journey, if we want to support shin hye. she still young, don't easy down with 1 or 2 occasion which don't match your expectation
shin hye is one unique person, even her dream if not be actress now is contradicting. police woman and kindergarten teacher,LOL. thanks a lot for the translation @Ladadaista :x thailand fans really daebak =D> =D>@myhappyending if i'm not wrong you are from malaysia, am i right? you're very lucky to meet shin hye in person, enjoy you fm with shin hye

Hello. 
@myhappyending 
1 Self-improvement. This does not mean to break  personality.) Different concepts. 
2 Director, writer not chooses person. They chooses  image that he sees or does not see in the actress or actor. (not enough to want to play a role, you have to be ready for it) 
3. You're right. In Korean dramas main female characters often either poor or stupid, funny, etc.  Dramas has very little interest  main female roles. That's why I really want to she more starred in the movies or in international projects. I think it will give her much more useful as an actress. 
Pinocchio. I think that she will play a ridiculous and absurd character. :( I hope I'm wrong ...
What do you think? What would be her new image?

Guest Carol Tin

missminami said:
Actress or Actor don't need to change their personality to be cast for some rule they will act in a drama. Because drama is not reality show (in reality show director choose their cast based on personality)

Actress like Park Shin Hye (who is one of the biggest actress in the twenty something ages in korea) can choose her rule, I don't think she's only get one offer and then accept it, she choose her rule from many rule offered to her. Why she accept Eun Sang rule? because Kim Eun Suk is BIG in Korea, no one will reject her, not even Jang Dong Gun, even if the rule is suck
Park Shin Hye can be cute, bubbly, chubby (personally i dont think she's chubby) even fat (I don't think she's fat for sure) in real life but if she play her rule in a drama with professionalisme then i'm support her. She can be sexy if the rule need her to be sexy (you don't need to be a hooker in real life to play some hooker rule in drama), she can be crazy if the rule need her to be crazy, you dont need to be crazy in real life to act crazy rule in a drama.
My point is real life is different with drama character. In fan meeting, press conference, interviews, guest star in reality show, she can show her true personality, she can wear whatever clothes she wants to wear, because thats Park Shin Hye, not Cha Eun Sang, not Go Dok Mi, not Go Minam, not Audrey Hepburn (like one of her magazine photo concept)But in a drama she will transform to her rule.Why cute rule all the time? she say she choose rule that she can happy and enjoy to act. And to be honest heroine drama character in korean drama are mostly cute, we dont want her to act as second lead female character who is mostly sexy and bitchy rite? [/quote] This....is well said. Thanks ! 
Also agreed, with the one who said most of Shinhye's fans (us) are fan of her real self first.. a kind hearted..down to earth .. great personality she is  and  Shinhye as an actress.
@cawa rain  you got quite a replies. Hope you understand.
And again..also, if you're a real or true fan you'll love and support her no matter what..isn't it something like that..well i believe so..

Aiish.. Critics with good deed will do good for someone improvement.. But, somehow you said it in the wrong place dear @cawa rain.. It's fans forum.. Fans are people who really love their idol with all of their heart, no question ask.. So, please.. Respect their love.. We are all here cause we want to show our happiness, love, and support to our lovely baby girl Shin Hye..

@cawa rain
1. For me self improvement does not mean to be not cute, cute is not a bad things, you can be cute as hell but if you have mature way of thinking then its a good think.
2. Director and writer mostly choose their cast based on popularity, you can be very talented but if you're not popular then you are not their first choice, thats why more idol become lead in a drama nowadays. Image is important but your image doesn't limited your rule. Park Shin Hye offered some serious and mature rule too like in Flower and Knife even if her image is cute, but she choose to reject the offered, not the other way round. I'm sure she's reject more variety rules that offered to her, because she is very popular nowadays. So I dont think director and writer who will do some serious drama will run away from her just because her cute image. I do think PSH choose her drama based on the writer and director besides the rule, because rating is important in korea, i think if the rule is tempting but the writer and director not have hit drama in their belt, PSH or her management will reject the offered. I can say like this because the writer who write Heirs, Pinocchio and Royal Tailor are all famous writer/director who already has hit drama / movie in their belt.
3. If she choose to exclusive just doing movie project, then I will be very dissapointed, because i love watching drama and i love PSH in my drama. I'm happy that she choose to do both.Korean drama has many fans all around the world, my friends are all love watching korean drama but never watch korean movie. International project does not always mean good think, depends on the project, PSH still has a long way to go, she must learn the language first so people will not make fun of her.
As a fan i hope we will support her, before an actress, she is a human first, she can't meet every one expectation. 

missminami

said: @cawa rain

1. For me self improvement does not mean to be not cute, cute is not a bad things, you can be cute as hell but if you have mature way of thinking then its a good think.

Of course.) But ONLY be cute when you're 22 or more ...))) Everything in life - from simple to complex.)

2. Director and writer mostly choose their cast based on popularity, you can be very talented but if you're not popular then you are not their first choice, thats why more idol become lead in a drama nowadays. Image is important but your image doesn't limited your rule. Park Shin Hye offered some serious and mature rule too like in Flower and Knife even if her image is cute, but she choose to reject the offered, not the other way round. I'm sure she's reject more variety rules that offered to her, because she is very popular nowadays. So I dont think director and writer who will do some serious drama will run away from her just because her cute image. I do think PSH choose her drama based on the writer and director besides the rule, because rating is important in korea, i think if the rule is tempting but the writer and director not have hit drama in their belt, PSH or her management will reject the offered. I can say like this because the writer who write Heirs, Pinocchio and Royal Tailor are all famous writer/director who already has hit drama / movie in their belt.

If she will be just cute, then they  will choose other popular actresses with a more mature, beautiful and complex texture for interesting and challenging roles. Alas.

3. If she choose to exclusive just doing movie project, then I will be very dissapointed, because i love watching drama and i love PSH in my drama. I'm happy that she choose to do both.Korean drama has many fans all around the world, my friends are all love watching korean drama but never watch korean movie. International project does not always mean good think, depends on the project, PSH still has a long way to go, she must learn the language first so people will not make fun of her.

As a fan i hope we will support her, before an actress, she is a human first, she can't meet every one expectation.