❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

lduc

Spoiler

'Memories Of The Alhambra' Finale Spoilers: Se Joo Is Back; Can Jin Woo & Professor Cha Survive The Game?

BY JESSICA RAPIR / JAN 15, 2019 04:43 AM EST

se-joo-is-back-in-the-upcoming-memories-of-the-alhambra-episode-15-while-jin-woo-tries-to-end-the-game-photo-by-tvn-drama-facebook.jpg?w=750 Se Joo is back in the upcoming 'Memories Of The Alhambra' Episode 15 while Jin Woo tries to end the game. Photo by tvN Drama/Facebook

Finally, Hee Joo's family receives good news about her brother, Se Joo. He is back but Hee Jo is not totally happy as her boyfriend, Jin Woo, is still missing.

In the upcoming episodes Memories Of The Alhambra, Hee Jo (Park Shin Hye) and Director Park (Lee Seung Joon) find out that Jin Woo (Hyun Bin) has completed the quest after Se Joo shows up at their doorstep. As soon as Jin Woo delivered the Key to Heaven to Emma, Se Joo shows up but Jin Woo disappeared. It is still unclear where Jin Woo go.

It is certain though that he is alive as he is seen talking to Professor Cha (Kim Eui Sung) in the upcoming episode. It looks like he took refuge at the professor's Pyeongchang rest house where they will be out of reach by their enemies in the game and at the same time, evade the police. The manhunt on Jin Woo will continue in Episode 15.

ADVERTISEMENT
It looks like Jin Woo and Professor Cha will discuss how they will end the game without being killed by the ninjas in the game and before Jin Woo get arrested by the police. They need to work together to finally find a solution to the problem in the game or else their company will crumble. However, Jin Woo doesn't seem to be optimistic about their chances.

"You're telling me that you cannot fix this then," Professor Cha can be heard asking him.

To make things worse, it seems like their adversaries in the game will find them at the rest house before they could come up with a plan. The Episode 15 teaser shows Jin Woo dropping his support cane and a worried look in his face.

Meanwhile, Hee Joo asks her brother if he knows where Jin Woo is. Unfortunately, Se Joo (EXO member Chanyeol) doesn't know where Jin Woo or what happens to him. It looks like Hee Joo will have a hard time eliciting help from her brother as Se Joo will deal with the trauma of what happened to him.

Fans of the K-drama could also expect that the upcoming finale episodes will also tie some loose ends in the series. Viewers will find out what will happen on Yoo Ra's (Han Bo Reum) accusation against Jin Woo and whether or not Lee Soo Jin (Lee Si Won) will pull it through.

In the previous episode, Jin Woo's first ex-wife tried to kill herself. She is still in critical condition in the hospital. His second ex-wife, actress Go Yoo Ra, claimed that Jin Woo confessed to her of killing his best friend, Cha Hyung Seok (Park Hoon).

Don't miss the last two episodes of the tvN K-drama. Memories Of The Alhambra Episode 15 will air on Wednesday at 9 p.m. KST while the final episode will be on Thursday.

http://en.koreaportal.com/articles/46535/20190115/memories-of-the-alhambra-finale-spoilers-se-joo-is-back-can-jin-woo-professor-cha-survive-the-game.htm

• Like 2

21 hours ago, alcides14ahjumma said:

I had to take my time, before comment anything , regarding all the malicious and harmful comments, because I do not even consider those to be constructive criticism,  that are circulating regarding the MOA drama and Shin Hye choices and performance. It is very hurtful, even more when you realized who are the active commenters. Indeed, many showing they true self, hyenas coming out of the cove in a hunting mode, to destroy and tear apart !  To whoever the hat fit! To them :thumbsdown:

You have no force either power to decide or influence Park Shin Hye on her  professional choices or decisions. She does not have to do what you like or want, but what she and her trust advisers believe it is good for her career as an actress and her life. 

The world and God is supporting her, in challenge her acting and given herself an opportunity as an actress to be part of a ground break history,  in the Dramaland, with the introduction  of the AR, in Korea. 

Shin Hye is doing a fabulous job, portraying two characters, HJ and Emma, as written, sticking to the script and bring  those two characters to life with her excellent acting skills, immersing herself and taking the viewers with her.

The character of HJ is causing an emotional “turn-oil “, many viewers(women) are heavyle criticizing and angry at  this character, because it is causing a wake up call on them. It is a realization of their own behavior with their lovers/ or when they are in love, it is like look at themselves  in the mirror, but they do not want to accept/and choose to deny the reality! A WOW, OMG s*  moment “ that is me?!?! ... pulling hair, noooooo, can’t be! I am a strong woman! I take care of my family, I work hard, I am the provider of my family, I raise my kids, siblings , etc! You all HJ.  Nothing less nothing more! But, don’t be on defensive, stop hiding, don’t  take that out on the actress, she is just acting, and she is doing a hell of a good job!

Now,  that she has empower you, use all that energy, and challenge yourself! Make it work on your favor! Like  Michael Jackson said” ...If you want to make the world a better place take a look at yourself and make the change...”! 

I remember,  Park Shin Hye saying,  this drama MOA would address a lot social issues. Indeed, it is, and a big one, about women's and self esteem! 

I dedicate this music, one more time, and the power of it to Park Shin Hye , the Warrior! Always, feel free! Own your life! :heart: 

“When they go low you go high( Michelle Obama)! “.

Big love from this ahjumma. With you through  thick -and- thin. God bless you always! 

Love you to death! What to do? Fighting!  :thumbsup:

Good luck on your new projects! 

( but you all can enjoy the music. Open your mind! After all , it is a drama. Entertainment,  that is the goal!) :innocent:

PS= sorry any grammar and spelling error.

park shin hye very loving but unfortunately this series created a complete disappointment. I'm sorry, we want to see a more powerful role in the waste of psh no longer. even those who love him are gleaming. That doesn't mean we don't like her. we do it because it's better and we want it to be better in other TV series. We know he's a good player. but now we are bored to see her in the crying roles. I hope that I will continue to watch different roles.

I don't have English so it's not too right. I'm sorry.

• Like 2

DxHKlI4UcAA6yA6.jpg

DxHKlI5VsAAxVKf.jpg

|pic 1: Hi.. Emma~

|Pic 2: CEO Yoo, is this proof?!

|Pic 5: Hyong Seok a!!

|Pic 6 : Noona, I'm coming

cr.trans.mrsunshine_memoriesofalhambra

(cr: hj_ruro https://www.instagram.com/p/BsuwfY_FglG/?utm_source=ig_share_sheet&igshid=9fdh1ov4n1ht )

Naver News Ranking & Main (2019.01.20) 12:20 KST

DxSLNK9U0AAWZSP.jpg

https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=468&aid=0000467489  https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=609&aid=0000048917  https://tv.naver.com/v/5105055 

• Like 3

reposted from MoA thread

My 2 cents

hello!

Is it only me not bothered by SJJ interview?  When PSH signed on to this project, i knew exactly that she won't have an equal role as compared with HB. The theme screams male centric and most of all it's SJJ, the writer behind Kang Chul and Oh Yeonjoo's W, the writer who has her own logic. It was this context I had approaching MOA and it helped me a lot to focused more on the execution rather than rationale.

What i'm not prepared for was the overwhelming beauty of Augmented Reality in 1st episode and there was no turning back after intriguing 2nd part.   SJJ creativity was par excellence. How did she came up with unique, fresh and diverse drama like this? She did it again after the critically acclaimed W.  Every episode leaves you on the edge and at wits end. What's even strange is that unintentional romance played big as much as the game. It was understated yet strong. So much so that it created a glitch in the story by having SJJ unable to wrap up her mind about it.  Overall, i'm satisfied with 14 episodes and can't wait for finale this week though i don't want it to end yet. There's no way i'm gonna pass SJJ mind boggling closure.

PSH has been one of the most smart and professional actress I've known. She did her best job as Jung Heejoo/ Emma. MOA won't be complete and the same without her. Whatever happened as supposed to her character I'm sure she took it positively. Aware of the writer's style as she had followed all the latters' work.

Imo, starring in MOA was still a good move for PSH. It was large scale and high quality production spanning viewership not only in Asia but in other continents as well. The experience of working with talented local and foreign teams, most specially holding one's ground with Hyun Bin. Her biggest takeaway was the enormous clamor of netizens for more of her character. It proves how much viewers were thirsty of her and knew very well her unlimited capability. Viewers were disappointed and frustrated that it was not realized. Good thing, she can show it thru her upcoming film. 

Hyun Bin is excellent. There was no other actor perfect as Yoo Jinwoo than him.  Same goes for PSH as Jung Heejoo. 

I love MOA as it is. I like it's mysterious story and everyone in it. I have never felt alive again in my kdrama with all it's heart pumping action, fantasy, suspense thriller, comedy, romance and drama. A big round of applause to the whole cast & crew for bringing into life this one of a kind kdrama.

• Like 2

Memories of the Alhambra: Much Ado About Nothing and Heejoo

January 17, 2019 |  packmule3  |  3 Comments  |  Memories of the Alhambra

Yesterday, my good friend (and resident informant, lol, because she’s informative about things like this) @nrllee posted a link to another site about “PokemonGo…male centric (gamer perspective)…love line shoehorned in…”

I’m not going to post the link here so just search @nrllee’s comment yourself. (Big Hint: On Flashbacks, #1)

I have to warn you all to be careful before visiting that site. If you must read the article, take it with a grain block of salt. I find that often the blogger’s writing style doesn’t usually separate the facts from her opinions so it would often seem as if she’s attributing a statement to the writer, when she’s merely stating her own personal view. 

For instance, in that post, it would appear as if the writer herself called HeeJoo a “plot device.” No, that’s the blogger’s interpretation of Heejoo’s character. To me, it would be unprofessional of the writer Song Jae Jung to call Park Shin Hye’s character a “plot device.”

Instead what I think happened is that the writer originally created a story about a man’s personal growth and development from, let’s say… neanderthal male to goldfish with two dimples.

She didn’t intend the script to be a love story — which is a fair enough. (That’s my #3 pet peeve about kdramas, anyway: police stories are love stories, ghost stories are love stories, medical stories are love stories, legal stories are love stories, historical stories are love stories. When do these police officers, ghosts, doctors, attorneys and dead people ever have time to do their job without finding romance on the way??)

However, when the writer discovered that Park Shin Hye was cast, she recognized PSH’s talent and knew that she’s be worse than neanderthal if she wasted this marvelous opportunity. She had, not one, but TWO talented actors on the project who are guaranteed crowd-drawers.

Hence, SHE REWROTE part of her script to now include a love story for PSH.

See that?

PSH isn’t an afterthought. I prefer to say that she’s the catalyst for the love story. Without her, it would have just me watching HyunBin, HyunBin’s left dimple, and HyunBin’s right dimple. Oh, wait! Does he have dimples on both cheeks?? I fail as a HyunBin’s fangirl.

To say that PSH was “shoehorned” into the script not only demeans both the writer and actor, but also shows ignorance of the writing process. The writer was compelled to rearrange her script for PSH because she was a BONUS, or a JACKPOT she didn’t expect in the first place. She knew that PSH’s addition should be capitalized on.

Image result for jackpot gif

That’s why she’s apologizing to PSH. After all the ruckus from PSH’s fans/antifans, she feels that her own talents didn’t measure up and do justice to PSH’s talents. Although there’s a silent majority who either liked or was indifferent to the romance, the agitated and much noisier fans were on the headlines, artificially creating the buzz. Fake news!

As for that comment in the blog about PSH taking a role in an all-female cast, I can easily interpret that in the OTHER way, too, @nrllee. It could also be said that after working with this female writer, PSH was influenced and INSPIRED to support women in the industry.

Really, I think PSH’s fans and antifans should stop stirring the pot and chill. For what it’s worth, she’s on netflix! Isn’t this her first drama shown on netflix? How many Korean actresses are on netflix anyway? It’s always a good career move to reach a wider audience.

But to calm PSH’s fans/antifans, I can parody that original write-up and give it a different slant. Here goes:

As usual, a few vocal critics watching Memories of the Alhambra pounced on screenwriter Song JaeJung. Antifans and misguided fans of Park Shin Hye, joined by the usual militant feminists, decried a story without a female lead who’s kick-assing her way through NPCs with swords and guns. (Recommended names for her weapons: Dumb and Dumber).

Sour grapes, they pointed out that fans of Hyun Bin are enjoying the content of this drama because of the strong be-dimpled male lead in story. (because yes, discriminating viewers like me can’t enjoy a thriller without testosterone. /sarc)

Ironically, one critic said, “Pffft. He should be grateful to the Park Shin Hye! His character would have been so richard simmons one-dimensional if it weren’t for the female character balancing him out to deliver the emotional connection.” (Precisely, Genius! If you want her character as another dominatrix to JW’s dominator then just watch “Mr and Mrs Smith” … because THAT film is definitely an aspirational love story with lots of bonding, on and off camera.)

As the world turns and the kdrama broke 10% ratings in its recent episode, the omniscient Writer Song finally addressed the whining from the peanut gallery and sat in an interview to answer questions of the befuddled viewers. (Tsk tsk tsk. They should have been following this blog instead.)

According to soompi news:

“She came up with a story about a man from the future, and that was Yoo Jin Woo (played by Hyun Bin). At the time, the story involved Yoo Jin Woo staying at a hotel room and opening the door to a stranger and who would shoot him with a gun.

She shared, ‘However, I didn’t feel motivated, and that’s probably because I had already written so many [time-slip stories]. While I was searching for ideas to write about, Pokémon Go was the new craze, so I got curious and tried it out.’

‘I didn’t think of doing a video game theme because it didn’t seem possible to recreate a virtual reality like the movie ‘Avatar,’” she continued. “But if it were to involve augmented reality with items [on the screen] like Pokémon Go, it seemed doable. That’s when I dropped the time-slip theme and decided to only keep the character Yoo Jin Woo.’”

source: pokemon go  

Furthermore, the writer explained that she based the character JinWoo on the electric car company Tesla’s CEO and billionaire Elon Musk (lol, doesn’t she know that Elon Musk is the Donald Trump of technology? Widely regarded as outrageous, paranoid and narcissistic?)

“I found Elon Musk intriguing after coincidentally reading his autobiography. I drew inspiration from his life and created Yoo Jin Woo.” A few similarities between Yoo Jin Woo and Elon Musk are that they both have PhDs in engineering and that they are both self-made CEOs of extremely successful IT companies.

source: musk

Avoiding an auto-da-fé, the writer then groveled to PSH for damaging her reputation in the creation of this kdrama. “Alas,” she said, “my talents are inadequate! I was over-ambitious! I cannot do you justice! Mea culpa!!!!!”  She sincerely regretted her decision to rewrite her story for PSH. In hindsight, she should have just left her as a cameo with that shower scene. Now both of them are doomed never to achieve another mega-hit in this entertainment industry. And worse than that! They won’t get another endorsement from Swarovki and Subway ever again. NOooo, don’t take away, my subway! 

Oh, the hubris!!

cr: https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/17/memories-of-the-alhambra-much-ado-about-nothing-and-heejoo/

• Like 3

Memories of the Alhambra: The Love Story

January 17, 2019 |  packmule3  |  7 Comments  |  Memories of the Alhambra

People have long insisted that this kdrama was a love story but it wasn’t till last goodbye of Jinwoo and Heejoo that I finally believed it. Call me a sucker for goodbyes.

Spoiler

There’s nothing like a good adieu to pull my heartstrings. Did I tell you my favorite tearjerker is Casablanca? I watch it when I want my sinuses cleared. lol.

Here’s the dialogue in case you don’t want to watch the clip:

Ilsa wants to stay with Rick and leave her husband. However, Rick is a cynic who NORMALLY isn’t into this kind of heroic gestures. But now he persuades her to leave him since her husband needs her at his side to carry on the most important mission of defeating the Nazis.

Rick (it begins at 4:03): Last night we said a great many things. You said I was to do the thinking for both of us. Well, I’ve done a lot of it since since then and it all adds up to one thing. You’re getting on that plane with Victor where you belong.
Ilsa: But Richard, no. I, I—
Rick: You’ve got to listen to me. Do you have any idea what you’ve have to look forward to if you stayed here? Nine chances out of then we’d both wind up in a concentration camp. Isn’t that true, Louis?
Louis (Rick’s friend): I’m afraid Major Strasser would insist. (meaning, Yes, they’ll end up dead.)
Ilsa: You’re saying this only to make me go.
Rick: I’m saying it because it’s true. Inside of us, we both know you belong with Victor. You’re part of his work, the thing that keeps him going. If that plane leaves the ground and you’re not with him, you’ll regret it.
Ilsa: No.
Rick: Maybe not today, maybe not tomorrow but soon, and for the rest of your life.
Ilsa: But what about us?
Rick: We’ll always have Paris (meaning, their memories of Paris where they had first fell in love. lol). We didn’t have, we’d lost it, until you came to Casablanca. We got it back last night.
Ilsa: And I said I would never leave you.
Rick: And you never will. But I’ve got a job to do, too. Where I’m going, you can’t follow. What I’ve got to do, you can’t be a part of. Ilsa, I’m no good at being noble, but it doesn’t take much to see that the problems of three little people (their love triangle: Rick, Ilsa and her husband) don’t amount to a hill of beans in this crazy world (meaning their problem is nothing compared to the real world). Someday you’ll understand that. Now, now…

She starts to tear up. Rick puts his hand under her chin to look at her.

Rick: Here’s looking at you, kid.

That last line is meant to be a toast, like saying “Cheers!” before you take a sip of your drink. Before, whenever Rick said this line to her, he meant it casually.

But now, he’s telling her that he’s going to be the adult in this situation and handle things for both of them. He insists that they do the right thing and she let him go. So now, the meaning of that particular line has changed because he’s transformed. From being a  cynic, he’s changed into a heroic and romantic man.

Now, why am I bringing Casablanca up, you might ask.

For comparison. You need to know what my Gold Standard is for romantic goodbyes.

Of course, the goodbye in Memories of the Alhambra can’t compare to the Casablanca but TO ME the essentials are there.

This is what happened in our kdrama:

Jinwoo hails a cab and tells the driver to take HeeJoo home to Ilsan. He tells her to get in but she asks, “Aren’t you coming with me?” He says no and explains, “I need to level up regardless of the cops.” And she worries, “What if you get caught?” And he says, as a matter-of-factly, “I’ll eventually get caught. But I can’t waste my time running away.” She instantly makes up her mind, “Then, I won’t go either” and tries to release her wrist from his grip.

JW: You have to go.
HJ: How can I go by myself?
JW: I want you to do something at home for me (smiling at her).

And then, wordlessly, she gets in the cab. She continues to look at him anxiously so he reassures her.

JW: Don’t worry. It’s all coming to an end. It’s almost over now. Tomorrow at dawn at the earliest. I’ll come over in the morning. (He smiles at her again.)

She continues to look at him standing there in the middle of the road. Tears begin to fall, but she wipes them away. She covers her mouth to still her sobs. Meanwhile, he watches the cab leave and his face, considering that she is crying, doesn’t look sad at all to see her go. In fact, it looks like he’s … hmmm… not exactly happy…. but at peace watching her go away.

Spoiler

4Deh5NG.jpg?ssl=1

Anyway, in this scene, I can see the three things I consider essential in a memorable farewell scene.

1. Poignancy. It’s there. We can see it in HeeJoo’s volatile emotions.

She went from “willing” to go home, to “worried” he’ll get caught, to “resistant” and wanting to stay, to “eager” to be helpful, to “tearful” and crying, and finally to brave and courageous.

She’s going through the same rapid change of emotions which Ilsa felt in Casablanca.

To me, viewers who call her weak for crying are unrealistic. If Heejoo had not cried in this scene, then I’d have accused the writer of being unconvincing and inauthentic.

Back in the cafe, HeeJoo already saw the wound on JW’s neck and the blood on his clothes. She knew that fighting the NPCs took a physical and emotional toll on JW. She’d asked him in disbelief, “How can you live like this?”  She also sensed that JW was putting up a brave front earlier when they talked. Further, she suspected that something was wrong when he pulled her back again inside the dressing room for that kiss. It was uncharacteristic of him to do a “stolen” kiss. So to me, she must have known that something was afoot, only he wasn’t telling her.

It’s myopic to think that she cries only for herself because she can’t bear to part from him. She cries for him too — at the sight of him standing there all alone on a mission she can’t be a part of.

Spoiler

1wrMBrk.jpg?ssl=1

More importantly, if viewers think that tears are a sign of weakness, then they haven’t encountered a soldier’s wife watching her husband leave for deployment. I haven’t seen a stronger of women as the wives of military soldiers. They cry not because they’re weak. They can dry their own tears, thank you very much. But they cry because they know the cost of sacrifice.

2. Caring. You can hear it in JW’s assurances. He was making sure she wasn’t frightened and he didn’t want to let her know of his mission.

His deception actually started earlier in the café. He knew she could see his bloodstained clothes but he pretended as if nothing was wrong.

JW: I knew you were coming. I told you not to log on unless you were in my hotel room because it’s dangerous. Are you ignoring my warnings? (She was too shocked at the sight of his injuries to answer him.) Have a seat. People are looking at us. They recognize me, you know. See? They’re taking photos. (He was cajoling her to get her out of her shock.)

He ordered a drink.

JW: (continuing) I’m glad you’re here. I was on a break, you see. (He talked as if he wasn’t injured.) You can keep me company for an hour. That’s all I need to recover. (She teared up again but didn’t respond.) How’s your grandma? Is she out of the hospital?
YJ: Yes.
JW: I want to find SJ fast, but it’s not easy. I’m only at level 95. But it’s hard to level up when you’re a high-leveled character. Did you bring you car? (She nodded yes so he poured water instead. He shot an NPC) Like I said, it’s dangerous. Log out immediately. Don’t log on unless you’re near Emma. We don’t know what more could happen.
YJ: How can you live like this?
JW: This is the only way. Don’t worry though. I’m the highest-level user now. They all tremble when they see me. (joking and bragging.)

Both times, he deliberately downplayed the gravity of the situation. He didn’t tell her what Rick told Ilsa in Casablanca, “Where I’m going, you can’t follow. What I’ve got to do, you can’t be a part of” but his act of shielding her from the truth, demonstrated his caring tenderness for her.

3. Transformation. It’s plain to anyone that JW was no longer that same man who berated her for her dump of a hostel back in Episode 1. He had complained about the trouble of going up six flights of stairs to his room without an elevator, but now he could bear much suffering and agony just to level up in a game.

But to me, one of his biggest transformations was learning to trust in love.

Remember what he said in a voiceover in Episode 8 (48:21) as he hobbled back into the empty school building to start battling NPCs and level up. He said, “There’s something I wanted to tell Heejoo if I ever got to meet her again.

Spoiler

osWoVXg.jpg?ssl=1

There was a flashback of his wife indignantly protesting, “They’re ruining my husband’s life. They’re extremely cruel. I’m telling you!”

He continued, “I wanted to tell her that I was sick of…”

Then another flashback of his first wife screaming, “Hyunsuk also lived in agony. He always wanted to reconcile with you. He cried and drank every day. We weren’t always happy.”

He continued again, “seeing fake tears and tears filled with excuses. So, the fact that she cried for me when I wasn’t there, and how she looked after me while I was sleeping meant so much to me.”

Flashbacks of HeeJoo running after his train and sitting beside his bed.

Spoiler

Mv9A48U.png?ssl=1

l0b8ktd.png?ssl=1

I think he finally learned to recognize and accept love. In the past, he was trying to figure out Heejoo and understand how anyone would care enough to chase him and watch over him, so he simple OBSERVED her in action. Without smiling.

Watching her running after him

Spoiler

YglgAOq.png?ssl=1

Watching her sitting behind him

Spoiler

74H7ccW.png?ssl=1

But now, he got it. He learned that tears were a sign of love, too. While he once was a cynical man like Rick in Casablanca and he thought that tears were only cheap sentiments, he believed HeeJoo when she cried for him.

4Deh5NG.jpg?ssl=1

And I think that he needed something and someone real to believe in before he went on his quest. After all this time he spent in the game, the Augmented Reality had taught him not to trust his eyes because no matter how real something looked, it could always be simulated.

If ever he disappeared in that weird deadzone where SeJoo had been missing for a year, my guess is it would only take him that singular memory of Heejoo, in love and in tears,  to bring him back.

2j0Zbsq.jpg?ssl=1

Here’s looking at you, kid. lol.

cr: https://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/17/memories-of-the-alhambra-the-love-story/

• Like 2