❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

NileRose

128667083_700744964200999_400436905652160434_n.jpg?_nc_ht=scontent-lga3-1.cdninstagram.com&_nc_cat=107&_nc_ohc=6e9GPLKF-x8AX_9X3z0&se=7&tp=1&oh=aa096004b5bf813fa741bdfd36876407&oe=5FF2D98D&ig_cache_key=MjQ1NDM1NDk5NTEyMzE5MjgyNQ%3D%3D.2

Imagen

Imagen

Spoiler

Imagen

Imagen

cr. dutch_style1  https://www.instagram.com/p/CIPnt3nBA7J/

jtbc drama Sisyphus filming site

Today, for the struggling staff & actors
Actress Tae-gum Lee is making coffee~  

Suddenly the weather is getting cold and everyone
You are wearing padding

I made a lot of warm coffee drinks

The self-bar also disappears in an instant
Homemade garlic bread is the best

Thank you for enjoying everyone's taste

Beware of colds and be more careful about coronas

I'm looking forward to Sisyphus

• Like 1

[HanCinema's News] Director Lee Chung-hyun Talks About "The Call"

miniminiphoto1159177.jpg By William Schwartz on 2020/11/30 at 19:18 PST

2020/11/30

photo1275287.jpg

On November 30th Netflix released an interview featuring director Lee Chung-hyun with some choices comments about "The Call" which was released on the streaming platform on November 27th worldwide. "The Call" is the first feature from Lee Chung-hyun, but it's also the first role for lead actress Jun Jong-seo since "Burning" in 2018. Lee Chung-hyun said that he cast Jun Jong-seo due to the unknowable vibe she exuded in that movie, finding it a perfect compliment to the concept in "The Call".

Lee Chung-hyun also described "The Call" as a fairly egalitarian production between peers, with all the various technical personnel and actors being able to communicate smoothly with one another. Lee Chung-hyun attributed this at least in part to so many of them being the same age. Lee Chung-hyun also claimed that on-set Park Shin-hye had a strong leadership role, and expressed gratitude to her for being such a steadying influence.

Lee Chung-hyun described his actors as improvisers, with many of their mannerisms during their telephone scenes being unscripted. Lee Chung-hyun claimed that he decided to use medium shots rather than close-ups for Jun Jong-seo to better emphasize how she had radically different posture for each individual take. Lee Chung-hyun also said that his actors were aggressive and animalistic in physical scenes even when safety gear was not yet in place.

According to Lee Chung-hyun, Jun Jong-seo was so intense that he felt there was little choice but to use aging makeup and cast her as the older version of her character. Lee Chung-hyun was concerned about breaking immersion, but also doubted he could find an older actress who could demonstrate Jun Jong-seo's unique energy for the role. This perhaps explains why Jun Jong-seo is not seen in clear focus during the present day scenes, with various circumstances often obscuring her face.

Written by William Schwartz

digishion 

andcom_pr_agency
fashion_moabom 

seon_baragi

itsdavidtw  

moonchiz88

mamarawo

• Like 1

today December 1st 2020 - Park Shin Hye  updated  Instagram

Park Shin Hye Caption
I'm such a blessed person.

Yang Seunghoon

Thank you to my sisters and Seunghoon's lovely coffee car.

Imagen

Imagen

Spoiler

Imagen

ssinz7 instagram.com/p/CIQAn3hnIzs/?igshid=7lmoydevi8at

난 정말 복 받은 사람❣️
@seoheeyoung
@alohalohaluv
@chasein7
@jennyhousehanna
#우리양승훈씨

울 언니들과 승훈씨의 사랑가득한 커피차❣️❣️ 감사합니다아

Yesterday November 30 was the last day Sisyphus filming. The 7 months long since May 2 - November 30.
All the actors and staff have worked really hard. I hope the drama will success either in Korea or International and we will be able to see Seo Hae soon.

There are total 17 food/coffee trucks support from friends, Fan and relation.

Here are 14 food/coffee trucks from fans and friends directly sent for Shin Hye :

1. Alive Production Team
2. Olivia Burton
3. Actress Lee Sung Kyung
4. Mamonde

5. Pd-nim Oh Chung Hwan ( Doctors )
6. Park Shin Hye Baidu Bar

7. Pd-nim Park Su Jin ( Doctors)
8. Writer-nim Ha Myung He ( Doctors)
9. Starlight Angel Philippines fan

10. Four stop joint project by PSH_IFC , psh_thai, Starlight Angel Korean, PSH_FC
11. Actor Yoo Yeon Seok
12. Mojo.S.Phine
13. Shin Hye's team (Make up artist, Stylist, Hairstylist, and Manager Yang)
14. Humanimal Production team

There are from Jtbc and Sisyphus Writer-nim

15. Pd-nim Hong Chan Ho
16. JTBC Studio
17. JTBC Studio

via starlightangeel

• Like 2

• NileRose changed the title to ❤Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ The call movie and upcoming drama Sisyphus the myth 2021❤️

#TheCall Top #6 on Netflix WorldWide

#1 : 9 countries  SK;HK;Taiwan,Philippines,Malaysia,Singapore,Thailand
Taiwan,Vietnam,Japan
#
2 Bangladesh
#
3 Saudi Arabia,Qatar,Morocco,Jordan
#
4 UAE,Peru,Oman
#
5 Egypt,Dominican Republic

(Top 10 : 37 countries (overall)

Imagen

TOP No.1- JAPAN

Imagen

• Like 2

'The Call' Review: Park Shin-hye, Jun Jong-seo Deliver Riveting Performances In This Time-bending Horror-Thriller

The Call, directed by Lee Chung-hyun and written by Lee and Kang Sun-ju, tells the story of Seo-yeon (Park Shin-hye) who gets connected with Young-sook (Jun Jong-seo) through her cordless phone. But the twist is that Young-sook is in 1999 while Seo-yeon is in 2019. Initially, the two women save each other from their doom. However, as all time-travel stories go, things take a sinister turn as soon as both of them understand that they can influence each other’s fates, with Young-sook having the upper hand. Its take on time-travel is interesting and steeped in ’90s nostalgia. And with some neat storytelling and riveting performances from the lead actors, it ends up being one of the best horror-thrillers out there.

I am going to be very honest, I was kind of getting sick of the whole ‘70s and ‘80s nostalgia vibe. I mean I understand why the entertainment industry went through this phase. Most of the directors and writers who were getting mainstream attention had grown up during that period and wanted to immortalise it in their own way and it was becoming profitable as well. But I think that kind of peaked with Stranger Things and then started to fizzle. So, I am glad we are done with that and are now making our way into ‘90 nostalgia. I agree that it wasn’t as glorious and hip as the ‘70s and ‘80s. The fashion was kind of weird. The computers were thick (In a non-horny way, of course)? The music was goddamn awesome. The movies and shows were cringe-supreme. However, as a ‘90s kid, it’s comforting and I am glad that I kind of got to relive it through a taut horror-crime-thriller like The Call.

The Call is directed by Lee Chung-hyun. It is written by Kang Sun-ju and Lee and based on The Caller by Matthew Parkhill. The music is by Dalpalan, cinematography by Jo Young-jik, editing by Yang Jin-mo. It features Park Shin-hye as Seo-yeon, Jun Jong-seo as Oh Young-sook, Kim Sung-ryung as Eun-ae, Seo-yeon’s mother, Lee El as Jao-ok, Young-sook’s mother, Oh Jung-se as Seong-ho, Lee Dong-hwi as Baek Mi-hyun, and Park Ho-san as Mr. Kim i.e. Seo-yeon’s father. The story begins with Seo-yeon, who has lost her father at a very young age and her mother is suffering from a brain illness, returning to her home. She has lost her phone on her way there and comes across a cordless phone. She uses it to track down her phone but keeps getting calls from a distressed woman. After ignoring it a few times and doing some digging around in her home, she finally talks to her and realises that the calls are coming from 20 years ago in the past!

Lee Chung-hyun and Kang Sun-ju structures The Call’s story in a way that’ll constantly keep you guessing.

When we’re introduced to Seo-yeon, she comes off as this tragic character who has come to see her mother through her last days although they have a problematic relationship. Our real-world values make us think that she must be a good person then. The same goes for Young-sook who comes as even more tragic as she is being mistreated by her stepmother who is a shaman. Again, our real-world values make us think that she’s the damsel-in-distress that needs to be rescued. And I think that they do stick to those archetypes for a sizable chunk of the first act until it’s slowly flipped on its head thereby making it a spine-chilling cat-and-mouse chase between two timelines. But as soon as you get to establish your allegiances and (Not a huge spoiler) begin to side with Seo-yeon, it’s flipped yet again through some clever omission of details that you actually don’t know who is the protagonist and who’s the antagonist, thereby putting those real-world values we were trusting blindly to test pretty aggressively.

After watching the movie, I tried to find some kind of subtext to this whole story. As in, what does this tussle between Seo-yeon and Young-sook actually mean? Are their fates intertwined with each other because of their relationship with their respective mothers? One is trying to do right by her mother and other is actually playing into the future predicted by her mother (I am not going to reveal who I am talking about specifically for the sake of spoilers). Is it because they live/lived in the same house and their feelings for it have conjoined their timelines? Is it to bring back the landline (Just kidding)? Well, it could be all of them, it could be one of them, and it could be none of them. Personally speaking, I am okay with it simply being an inter-timeline chase that’s exposing basic human behaviour with every step. Why? Well, because it works as just that and the twists and turns are good enough to keep you invested. It just does. Why would you overcomplicate something that’s working in its simplest form?

Lee Chung-hyun starts off The Call story quite lightly and then goes so hard that you’ll get whiplash! But of the good kind.

For a significant chunk of the first act, Lee maintains a tone that’s tragic and hopeful because that’s where the dynamics of Seo-yeon and Young-sook’s are being laid out and the characters are learning about the rules binding the time-lines. There are hints of the horror that’s about to come via Young-sook’s exorcisms and the cinematography inside the household. But it’s mostly stable. However, after two abrupt conversations between the characters, the tone just shifts wildly into what I can only describe as a mix of anxiety, existential horror, panic, and outright disgust. And it’s shown quite viscerally through a reality-altering sequence (Which are sprinkled throughout the movie and are masterfully done with the help of some practical effects, CGI, and editing). And that’s what separates The Call from your run-of-the-mill science-fiction-horror stories and takes it straight into Dark territory. Lee truly commits to the bizarreness of his premise and stretches it to its maximum without losing focus of who his characters are.

The attention-to-detail in terms of production design, set design, and costume design is really great. Without using any fancy sound effects or visually flashy cues, you easily know which timeline you’re following. From a visual standpoint, you also get that healthy dose of ‘90s nostalgia which actually converges on that cordless phone. I don’t know about the original 2011 movie and how the phone was used there. But here it has a huge presence. Since I haven’t read the script, I don’t if it was there in the text. However, after closely examining every shot in which the phone comes up, I think there’s a subliminal message about our bond with the past or at least the objects that connect us with it. When they’re kept in a respectable position, that means that you care about it. When it is shoved into a corner in a box where it is collecting dust, that means you don’t. And that mirrors our overall relationship with nostalgia and how we allow it to impact us. Or maybe I am looking a little too deeply into this.

Park Shin-hye as Seo-yeon and Jun Jung-seo as Young-sook deliver magnetic performances in The Call.

I am pretty sure I can see Park and Jun go for each other’s jugulars all day long because they’re that awesome! And you know what the fun part is, they’re in the same frame for maybe two-three minutes. Yes, in the whole movie. Imagine establishing a vicious rivalry without even being in front of each other for practical 90-minutes of your film’s screentime. Well, don’t worry because you don’t have to. You can just watch these two act the RickRoll'D out of their roles in The Call. On top of that, I think acting over a telephone is insanely difficult because you’re reacting to nothing, right? Okay, even if there is a voice cue on-stage, you aren’t making eye contact or have any idea about the pitch of the actor on the other side of the line. That must make it tough to be on the same plane of acting. However, these two, with the help of Lee of course, somehow do it and it is undeniably mind-blowing to watch.

Alright, enough about the mechanics of the performance. Let’s come to the performance itself. I think that more than Jun, Park is the heart of the movie. She almost urges us to empathise with Seo-yeon and in my opinion, she does it successfully. I was crying when she was crying after seeing Mr. Kim for the first time in a long time (I cry easily but credit where credit is due. Both of the actors sold that scene). Coming to Jun, she clearly had more meat (Or veggies if she’s a vegetarian) to chew on and she chews it so well. The way she uses her physicality and looks through her eyebrows really put the ‘F’ in the fear in my heart. She steals every scene she’s in. I was in awe of how nonchalant she becomes with every kill, as if there’s no soul to corrupt, and how she reflects that through her eyes by making them more and more lifeless. I honestly wish that The Call gets the sequel it has teased so that I can see more of Jun’s killer performance!

Final verdict.

Please go and watch The Call. It is a well-crafted science-fiction horror-thriller by Lee Chung-hyun that managed to keep me at the edge of my seat. So, I am pretty sure it’s going to have the same effect on you (Unless your senses are dialed down to minus eleven or something). If you aren’t a fan of any of the aforementioned genres, please watch it for Park Shin-hye and Jun Jeong-seo’s performances. It’s some of the best acting that I have seen this year and I think it deserves all the love and attention in the world. And I know that I usually conclude my reviews with a deep message that I hope will resonate with everyone. But in a first, my parting note this time will be… just make good movies with an even better rivalry at the center. RickRoll'D it if you don’t have a profound theme in your story. The ‘90s were full of them and since that era is making a comeback, just put two morally ambiguous people in your script and go ham with it and I will recommend it to everyone I can. I promise!

https://in.mashable.com/entertainment/18609/the-call-review-park-shin-hye-jun-jong-seo-deliver-riveting-performances-in-this-time-bending-horror

https://m.post.naver.com/viewer/postView.nhn?volumeNo=29984180&memberNo=4872266

chuan.made

melankoobo

drawinglike.ari

yojeumhot

• Like 1