❤ Park Shin Hye 박신혜 ❤ | Current Drama: Doctor Slump - Sat & Sun @10:30 PM [Upcoming Drama 2024: Judge From Hell]

lduc

cr: the owner

I am very proud of Shin Hye, she did an excellent job in MOA  portraying both HJ and Emma.  I do not see any other SKorea actress that could had brought better publicity, in International level, that the production company and investors were looking for,  than Shin Hye. Shin Hye is very generous and supportive! Mission accomplished , with honors! :relieved:

Wish her the best filming her new movie “Call” , and looking forward to see her on big screen. Hope they will show it in many Countries at the same time as in SKorea , so her fans can have a chance to see her. 

God bless her always and bring her many more projects and opportunities to work with new actors/actress to continue her grow as she wish! 

Peace and Love to all :heart:

• Like 4

Memories of The Alhambra Insights

by: Packmule3 

Thus, I’m surprised at how much I enjoyed Memories of the Alhambra. From start to FINISH, I was riveted. If I were to hold a lecture on film analysis (and I’m not a film critic or a literature major), I’ll definitely choose this kdrama for dissection. There’s plenty of material to provide mental stimulus and robust discussion. Students, however, will be invited based on insight, maturity, wit, and bitchiness. For instance, anybody talking about HyunBin’s dimples TWICE in a single breath will be tarred and feathered. And anyone complaining WITHOUT MERITS about HeeJoo’s tears will be pushed out the window. –Don’t worry, our lecture hall will be on the ground floor. There’s nothing for YOU to cry about except loss of vanity.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/21/memories-of-the-alhambra-final-grade/ 

To me, the open ending in MotA is meant to FORCE the us, the viewers, to CONFRONT their message at a personal level. And their central message is about faith.

Do you believe or not? And if you do believe, how intense is your belief? Is it a tepid belief like Park or a fervent one like Heejoo? Will you believe for a year then give up? Or will you go on believing even when there’s no sign at all?

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-qa-on-marco-and-open-endings/

Q: Did he come back? Is he just instanced in the game or is he real in that last scene? Because HeeJoo logged in I think the show was trying to make us believe she could only see him logged in? So he’s still in the game waiting to be released by some new Master?

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-olis-bugs-and-dungeons/

Remember in Episode 13, she was searching for him around Myeongdeong, and she found him in the restaurant where he greeted her with “I knew you were coming.”

And then in Episode 14, for some reason, he knew she was outside the dressing room, and quickly opened the door and pulled her inside, and began scolding her for wearing her lenses.

At first, I wondered what did he mean by “I knew you were coming” and I didn’t know how he could have known that she was outside the dressing room. Did he have have a GPS tracker on her? What the heck? El Creepo guy with dimples! 

Then, I realized it was tied in with the train. Heejoo also RAN after him at the train station!!  There was a pattern to her behavior and Jinwoo knew that.  

Of course, he knew that if ever he went missing, SHE would find HIM.

He had FAITH in her, too! It wasn’t a one-way belief. It was reciprocal. He loved her too so he was also WAITING for her to come find him in the same way that she was WAITING for him to return. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/22/memories-of-the-alhambra-phoenixs-happy-ending-and-game-explanation/

Q: I think it’s kind of funny that for most of this drama’s run, it felt like game > romance but by the end, I was feeling the romance more than the game. It’s a bit romantic that Jinwoo survived two near death experiences (stabbed in the heart and Prof. Cha’s NPC ambush) and the first thing he did was think of Heejoo waiting for him to come by, right? Retrieved her car, even, stood outside her window, and just… watched over her for a bit. And then quietly went to his death.  It’s a pity they didn’t have any scenes together in the last two episodes, but I actually don’t mind that they didn’t reunite at the end. The foundation of their relationship is Heejoo’s trust and that’s what we got.

To me, this kdrama is about an “old world” love. 

If you wanted a metaphor there, I’d say that Heejoo was his lighthouse. The light in her room was always lit, like a lighthouse, so Jinwoo aka Mr. Odysseus (pfft) could watch it and be comforted when he was lost at sea. He was going away on a deadly mission but knowing that she was waiting for him gave him peace and, I’m sure, courage to finish his job. Her light would bring him home.

We can also point out that Heejoo was a survivor too in this game of Jinwoo — in more ways than one. We’re not talking about the equality of experiences or the 50/50 split of pain here. (I hope militant feminists will get this soon: there are more ways to be a heroine than fighting NPCs.)

Instead of demanding that wrong sort of “equality for women,” I’m stressing the mutual sacrifices and unheralded sufferings of our couple.

Heejoo kept on walking although she was getting shot at point-blank range and from rooftop by snipers. Each time she was “logged out,” it meant that she died in the game. Not being a gamer, this must have scared her. But with dogged persistence, she searched for the missing Jinwoo.

So yes, if Jinwoo’s mission was to end the game, her mission was to get him back to safety. Again, if you wanted a metaphor there, Jinwoo was Mr. Odysseus sailing his boat, but Heejoo was his anchor when waves came crashing down.

So there you go. If people want to mention Odysseus again, tell them they can’t use that to belittle PSH’s character as Heejoo. 

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/23/memories-of-the-alhambra-goyangis-instance-dungeon-and-odysseus/

One reason I gave this kdrama a whopping A- as final grade is because I LOVED how the ending paralleled the beginning. 

1. The empty church = empty plaza

2. The crucifix = victory column

3. The thunder and pile of sand = explosion and the rock

4. The dead knight of Castille = NPC Emma

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/24/memories-of-the-alhambra-ep-1-and-16-wrap-up/

As for Heejoo, she was killed whenever she was automatically logged out by the game. 

But she didn’t die like Sec Seo because she wasn’t an ally. Jinwoo told her to just log out, probably so she wouldn’t have to be frightened NEEDLESSLY by the soldiers, his injuries, and the fighting. And he could have been taking extra precautions too lest there are other unexplained or unknown glitches.

http://bitchesoverdramas.com/2019/01/25/memories-of-the-alhambra-game-logic-again/

• Like 1
  • Love 1
  • Insightful 1
  • Thanks 1

"Memories of Alhambra" has officially turned me into a Park Shin-hye's fan. I have stopped watching dramas regularly for more than a decade already and only occasionally watch a drama here and there spontaneously. MoA caught my eyes due to its broadcast with Netflix and seemed to be a heavily-invested drama. I watched a couple of PSH's dramas before (The Heirs and Doctors), but only had a neutral feeling about her. 

In MoA, I thought her portrayal was quite elegant and mature, in both acting and appearance.  To be honest, I've never thought PSH was "that pretty", but she has that likability factor, which draws me in. I wish she continues to grow into a mature, elegant actress with superb acting. Will continue to look forward to her future works.   

• Like 4
  • Love 2
  • Thanks 1

4 hours ago, MindfulL said:

"Memories of Alhambra" has officially turned me into a Park Shin-hye's fan. I have stopped watching dramas regularly for more than a decade already and only occasionally watch a drama here and there spontaneously. MoA caught my eyes due to its broadcast with Netflix and seemed to be a heavily-invested drama. I watched a couple of PSH's dramas before (The Heirs and Doctors), but only had a neutral feeling about her. 

In MoA, I thought her portrayal was quite elegant and mature, in both acting and appearance.  To be honest, I've never thought PSH was "that pretty", but she has that likability factor, which draws me in. I wish she continues to grow into a mature, elegant actress with superb acting. Will continue to look forward to her future works.   

Welcome to this thread chinggu.

Well it's okay, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and aside from time & self-management (i'e. skincare & excercise) enhancing her looks, her flaws as she said are still there as she hadn't gone under the knife. But many like me find her getting more beautiful as time passes by.:)

Please feel free to join us here and visit from time to time.

5 hours ago, lduc said:

So the one who was beside shinhye when she was spotted 2/3 days ago was ImSiwan and they were at Hyungsik's musical !

DxkHsd-WwAIBfpE.jpg

There are those who doubt it's PSH as she has a short hair but her latest IG pics see her sporting a short hair.

https://www.instagram.com/p/Bs43BYuFX5C/

And also in her IG, we saw her trying out that jacket she is wearing

and what more, her manager is with her. She went to see Park Hyung Sik musical as they are friends from Heirs and Siwan is also from ZEA like Hyung Sik and is on leave from military

• Like 7

3 hours ago, nistymaj01 said:

Welcome to this thread chinggu.

Well it's okay, beauty is in the eyes of the beholder and aside from time & self-management (i'e. skincare & excercise) enhancing her looks, her flaws as she said are still there as she hadn't gone under the knife. But many like me find her getting more beautiful as time passes by.:)

Please feel free to join us here and visit from time to time.

I agree with you. I think that the beauty of everyone is the beauty of different psh and the beauty without makeup is natural. Most people in Korea are lying under the knife. And it looks very different without make-up. so the park shin hye should be thankful for it remained natural. so i love psh

Edited by nefartum_29
misspelling
  • Like 4
  • Love 1

Annyeong chingus!

12 hours ago, MindfulL said:

hi @MindfulLth_welcome.gif 

same here. Unlike before, now I only watch kdrama when i want to hahaha. Only Shinhye makes me exert effort to catch her new drama live (raw) or simultaneously after broadcast. :D

Shinhye was very different in MOA. She effectively displayed a mature lover and motherly vibe.  Highschool & college days are so over. Her voice, acting and nuances are subtle, more controlled and man, those kisses are passionately HOT!!! :blush: She grew leaps and bounds in MoA. To top it all, I love seeing Shinhye in suspense fantasy romance, another breakout from her usual type of drama. 

I'm brimming with anticipation for her film, CALL. I hope it stretches her to no end. After MOA, she leaves everyone hanging and thirstier of her acting. :blink: There's a lot more to actress Shinhye.

can't agree more with this remark :)

DxiueeiUYAAk99R.jpg

ctto

@nistymaj01 @nefartum_29 @Celi67 Did she cut her hair shorty short or not? lol

I think it's short now based on her latest IG and clip with Siwan. That pixie would be refreshing on her new film.

One thing I certainly agree, Shinhye is getting more beautiful day by day :love: 

thanks to our hardworking chingus @lduc @klebinha

shout out to our @alcides14ahjumma @raetan16 @tr6z @Raquel Bastian @ash011@EstrelitaC@maris1 @NileRose

• Like 1
  • Love 4