JYP Entertainment

Guest JYP Casting Team

Guest batty

Just to clarify yet again... the entertainment business... is a business... with an employer and employees.

How do you get other jobs like cashier at Walmart or frycook at McDonald's? You apply for the position... which is like the way you APPLY to become a singer.

If they see/hear what they like, they ask you for an interview aka audition.

And just because they like your application email doesn't mean you're going to get trained.

Don't get me wrong though -- if they do like your email, then you're pretty much in... just not guaranteed (cuz you can enhance pictures, sound clips, etc).

They offer auditions to check if the vocals and moves you sent were indeed of YOU not anyone else. :D

Guest chemical9

^ Yeah. That's how they work.

But the thing is, cutiehoney mentioned that

JYP actually called her and said they really like her dancing,

her singing was okay, but they can work on that.

So she doesn't need to go through another round of audition.

Guest batty

^ Yeah. That's how they work.

But the thing is, cutiehoney mentioned that

JYP actually called her and said they really like her dancing,

her singing was okay, but they can work on that.

So she doesn't need to go through another round of audition.

There's actually 3 rounds. Email in/mail in -> first round -> final round.

cutiehoney is going to have at least one audition guaranteed. Good luck to her. Just like everyone else, I'm standing by to see how she does. Can't wait. :D

Guest babiiiloveux

cool ^-^;; i was just wondering.. because i'm viet and i dont know any korean celeb that is viet =/ T_T

Guest chemical9

.. question. you know how they ask for your eye sight on your the form, if you don't know it can you leave it blank? I don't need glasses... so would I say 20/20?

Yes, you can leave it blank. I have a friend who has perfect eyesight and when I asked him what he wrote, he said perfect. >.< So I'm not sure about that.

Guest dbskhwaiting

HEYO PEOPLE!! im normally i silent reader... but reading your comments i decided to comment ^^ ... i wanna become a singer too...but the thing is that im chinese (canto you can go =.=) and i live in australia.. country pride and all...but i really doubt i could be anything here :] im not sure if the kpop market is for me... but when i think im ready... i really want to send my tapes in and see what happens!!

lol about the whole parent issue... ive hinted a few times that i want to be something to do with singing or acting and their reactions have NOT been good. LOL my mum was like scoff..you wanna be a singer... PFFF.. my dad was better.. he said that it would be hard for a chinese to suceed in the american/australian entertainment market.. and that goin to china wouldnt work because i cant read chinese. i didnt mention anything about the korean market or the fact that i could learn how to write chinese.. :]

OK DONE thats my life story...

Guest regal_aeros

HEYO PEOPLE!! im normally i silent reader... but reading your comments i decided to comment ^^ ... i wanna become a singer too...but the thing is that im chinese (canto you can go =.=) and i live in australia.. country pride and all...but i really doubt i could be anything here :] im not sure if the kpop market is for me... but when i think im ready... i really want to send my tapes in and see what happens!!

lol about the whole parent issue... ive hinted a few times that i want to be something to do with singing or acting and their reactions have NOT been good. LOL my mum was like scoff..you wanna be a singer... PFFF.. my dad was better.. he said that it would be hard for a chinese to suceed in the american/australian entertainment market.. and that goin to china wouldnt work because i cant read chinese. i didnt mention anything about the korean market or the fact that i could learn how to write chinese.. :]

haha... seems like i'm not the only person... =)

Guest chemical9

lol. Perhaps the Hong Kong market? Have you ever thought of that?

Guest regal_aeros

it's not really the country problem is the JOB issue.. they'd prefer a safe office job whereby the money rolls in every month =)

Guest dbskhwaiting

lol ^ YES EXACTLY... theyd really prefer me being a lawyer because apparently i have the personality and aura to be a awyer ... 0.o lol..

bouth the hong kong market.. my dad said that my chinese/canto was not good and that i would never make it. i didnt say i could learn..

in the beginning before i had any vocal lessons.. i was better (this is what my friends say) then my friends.. but only with the sounding nice thing.. lol not so good with the technique. Now that ive had 4 vocal lessons.. ive improved my control but im finding that i sound less nice.. lol when i get the time and confidence to record a better clip then wat i already have ill put it on soundclick and show u guys... ^^

Guest ginaaax3

Hello everybody =] I want to be a singer, and these days, I have been intersted in JYP after seeing how they trained The Wonder Girls, and Mr. Park seems like a very nice man, who truely wishes the singers sucess & stuff. LOL. So I have a few questions.

1. Does JYP look a lot at dance? Cause honestly, I can't dance, my singing's okay, and people have told me that I have a nice different unique voice, and some say my singing is great, LOL, but honsetly, I have so much to improve on, so yeah, I'm confident that I can singn wayy better than how I can dance. Would that be bad? I can sing "if I can't got you" & "A molment like this" pretty well, since people audition with that song a lot.

2. Is it okay if I'm half? Half French & half korean?

3. How long will the training me?

Honestly, I wantto be IN JYP, it seems less "looking@face" like SM, according to people, but I can't dance, I'm sorta sttiff..i Just learend how to do the arm wave on my own. LOL. so any tips? & thanks. btw.

do you think "stand up for love" is a good song to sing? how many octaves do you think that is?

Guest chemical9

^ Actually, JYP looks more at the face than SM. For SM, its all about the balance of looks and talents, but for JYP, the first thing they'd look at is your face. (I know you'd go like, "Duh! That's the first impression.") But no, according to what I've seen, they focus more on stage presence. If you don't have it, oops! Sorry, you can't make it. >.< Its harsh, but that's the truth. Hmm.. But I think this also shows that they have good trainers. :D Not that SM doesn't. Anyway, the second thing they'd look at is your ability to dance. (Judging from their artists and whoever has made it into JYP.) Third would be your profile (Like how many languages you can speak..blah..) and your ability to sing. Anyway, its true that JYP is a very nice guy. At least he looks nice. Lol.

Regarding the ethnicity thing, I'm not sure. It shouldn't be a problem, cus at leat you're half asian. Haha. But I'm not sure.

The training depends on how fast you learn and maybe a bit of luck? I dunno. The training duration depends and varies from person to person. ^-^

For arm waves, do it step by step. Don't rush. Cus if you rush, the wave wouldn't look as nice, and it would in fact take a longer time to learn. But I suggest that you learn body wave first. Its muchhh easier than arm waves. Seriously. And when you combine body waves with arm waves, the effect is really good. So nice start. ^-^

Hope I helped. :) Good luck for auditions!

Guest cassiopeia<3

Actually, JYP looks for your dancing ability more than the face.

But the training period is usually from 1-5 years. Like chemical9 said,

it depends on the person and his/her talents. But they truely look at how

your able to present yourself and how you will entertain your audience.

But when it comes to the end, JYP is the hardest Entertainment when they judge.

They look for a lot of things in a huge range.

But when you do start to dance, doing the wave is really the best thing to

start with. Dancing has to do a lot with flexibility. If you aren't really as flexible,

it'll sort of look like your not that good at dancing.

i want to become a singer too! =]] the thing is i would send in a demo but i have nothing to record with.. grr i have to wait until i go to my friends house... I like JYPE cuz u no they go more for talent then looks. after i watched the Wonder Girls show i started getting interested.. PJY seems soo nice too. once i record at the friends house i will post! keke =]] good luck to u guys who r sending in a demo soon! =]

Guest yooniceland

I was wondering... so you know that there are different types of dancing...

I'm better at the "sexy" dancing rather than the hip hop thing, which i think might be a disadvatage, since sexy dancing is easier. My sexy dancing looks fine, but hip hop, ehh... okay i guess...

Guest fanturntable

Hello everybody =] I want to be a singer, and these days, I have been intersted in JYP after seeing how they trained The Wonder Girls, and Mr. Park seems like a very nice man, who truely wishes the singers sucess & stuff. LOL. So I have a few questions.

1. Does JYP look a lot at dance? Cause honestly, I can't dance, my singing's okay, and people have told me that I have a nice different unique voice, and some say my singing is great, LOL, but honsetly, I have so much to improve on, so yeah, I'm confident that I can singn wayy better than how I can dance. Would that be bad?

2. Is it okay if I'm half? Half French & half korean?

Honestly, I wantto be IN JYP, it seems less "looking@face" like SM, according to people, but I can't dance, I'm sorta sttiff..i Just learend how to do the arm wave on my own. LOL. so any tips? & thanks. btw.

i feel like im in totally the same situation as you... i cant really dance... i dont SUCK but you know im not good either. my singing's So-so. im not half french but i hav french background in my from my dad.

maybe thats why my pronounciation for french is good? but otherwise i am korean .

anyways... lol i learned how to do arm wave on my own to... FROM YOUTUBE! actually lol .

LESS looking @ face? oh? well i thought jype doesnt go for looks but your looks has to ATTRACT them.. like you might not be the prettiest person, but lke your face somehow attracts you ... yeah ?