JYP Entertainment

Guest JYP Casting Team

Guest myang13

okay i have some questions.......and sorry if people ask these questions already...

1. can I still do a mail audition even though its not audition time or no???

2. If I audition by dancing..and if i make it...will i become a back-up dancer or be in a singing group??? do i have a choice???

3. Do i have to be really fluent in korean???

4. Does jyp have a certain dance they're looking for??? like hip-hop, breakdance, or etc...

i think thats all my question...thanks!

=)

Guest NaNeunRandy

okay i have some questions.......and sorry if people ask these questions already...

1. can I still do a mail audition even though its not audition time or no???

2. If I audition by dancing..and if i make it...will i become a back-up dancer or be in a singing group??? do i have a choice???

3. Do i have to be really fluent in korean???

4. Does jyp have a certain dance they're looking for??? like hip-hop, breakdance, or etc...

i think thats all my question...thanks!

=)

1. can I still do a mail audition even though its not audition time or no??? A: What do you mean by "audition time". JYPE always have online/mail auditions and it can be anytime.

2. If I audition by dancing..and if i make it...will i become a back-up dancer or be in a singing group??? do i have a choice??? A: It depends. When you make it, you will become a trainee in JYPE. IF you are like 17 or 18 or more, you MAYBE will be a back-up dancer for one of JYPE artist UNTIL you are ready to debut under JYPE.

Also, It depends if you going to be in a group or be a solo singer. If you okay in dancing and REALLY good in singing, you will be in a group. If you're both good in dancing and singing, you will become a solo singer but it depends on JYP.

3. Do i have to be really fluent in korean??? A: What do you mean? Like when you audition or a singer. Well I give you both answers.

When you go into auditions, you don't have to know Korean but its recommended to know Korean since it will higher your chance of passing.

But when its like when you're a singer, You have to be fluent in Korean in order to go on shows in Korea.

Also, IF YOU DON'T KNOW KOREAN, and is 20+, that might lower your chances of passing since they do not what to teach you for 3-4 years of Korean and then debut in a old age like 23 or 24. (well 23 or 24 is not that old but Korea likes young people i guess)

4. Does jyp have a certain dance they're looking for??? like hip-hop, breakdance, or etc... A: No. You can dance to anything. Like hip-hop, breakdance, freestyle, dances thats already made (ex: SHINee - Lucifer, miss A - Bad Girl Good Girl, any korean song thats have a dance)

Hope thats help :)

Guest myang13

1. can I still do a mail audition even though its not audition time or no??? A: What do you mean by "audition time". JYPE always have online/mail auditions and it can be anytime.

2. If I audition by dancing..and if i make it...will i become a back-up dancer or be in a singing group??? do i have a choice??? A: It depends. When you make it, you will become a trainee in JYPE. IF you are like 17 or 18 or more, you MAYBE will be a back-up dancer for one of JYPE artist UNTIL you are ready to debut under JYPE.

Also, It depends if you going to be in a group or be a solo singer. If you okay in dancing and REALLY good in singing, you will be in a group. If you're both good in dancing and singing, you will become a solo singer but it depends on JYP.

3. Do i have to be really fluent in korean??? A: What do you mean? Like when you audition or a singer. Well I give you both answers.

When you go into auditions, you don't have to know Korean but its recommended to know Korean since it will higher your chance of passing.

But when its like when you're a singer, You have to be fluent in Korean in order to go on shows in Korea.

Also, IF YOU DON'T KNOW KOREAN, and is 20+, that might lower your chances of passing since they do not what to teach you for 3-4 years of Korean and then debut in a old age like 23 or 24. (well 23 or 24 is not that old but Korea likes young people i guess)

4. Does jyp have a certain dance they're looking for??? like hip-hop, breakdance, or etc... A: No. You can dance to anything. Like hip-hop, breakdance, freestyle, dances thats already made (ex: SHINee - Lucifer, miss A - Bad Girl Good Girl, any korean song thats have a dance)

Hope thats help :)

Thanks alot! just saying i'm 15....good that i'm not in my 20's yet...

so like if i would mail my audition do you know where i'm suppose to mail it too???

and i'm gonna dance..so am i suppose to freestyle or can i make a routine to dance to???

sorrie for asking more questions

Guest NaNeunRandy

Thanks alot! just saying i'm 15....good that i'm not in my 20's yet...

so like if i would mail my audition do you know where i'm suppose to mail it too???

and i'm gonna dance..so am i suppose to freestyle or can i make a routine to dance to???

sorrie for asking more questions

You would mail them you audition clip and stuff to here 

"Casting & Training Team

135-660. P.O. Box (No.) 25, Seoul Yeongdong Post Office, Nonhyun-dong,

Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea"

For dancing, you can do ANYTHING. Just longer than 3 mins and shorter than 10.

More Info on Auditioning is on their site: JYPE.com

The stuff you need to pack in the mail audition is in there.

Also if you wanna do mail audition, you have to pay 7-10 bucks to mail it to them IF you are from the US. Just wanted to say.

Good Luck!

Guest myang13

You would mail them you audition clip and stuff to here 

"Casting & Training Team

135-660. P.O. Box (No.) 25, Seoul Yeongdong Post Office, Nonhyun-dong,

Gangnam-gu, Seoul, Korea"

For dancing, you can do ANYTHING. Just longer than 3 mins and shorter than 10.

More Info on Auditioning is on their site: JYPE.com

The stuff you need to pack in the mail audition is in there.

Also if you wanna do mail audition, you have to pay 7-10 bucks to mail it to them IF you are from the US. Just wanted to say.

Good Luck!

thanks alot...

Guest NaNeunRandy

For Singing, can we use a background instrumental?

No. They want you to sing with no background instrumental which is know as Acapella. Since some instrumentals have backup vocals, they don't want that. They do not want to hear the original singer voice mixed with yours.

Guest pimpinelephant

If we do mail in our audition, we can only mail it to the Seoul JYP center? Could we mail to the one in NY? 

the jype website says to mail your audition to their headquarters in korea.

i think the ny building is just a branch of jype, while their primary headquarters are still in korea. this is probably why they have you mailing to korea.

even if the ny building accepts mail in auditions, i would assume they send it to their headquarters in korea anyways, seeing as how jyp himself is at their headquarters in korea. so there might or might not be a longer delay.

i'm not sure what the shipping rates are though, so if money is an issue, then it might be better sending to the ny building, depending on if they accept mail in auditions.

Guest korniceman3000

You can always call them to see if they accept mailed auditions to their NY studio/US headquarters.

Jyp Entertainment

(212) 273-3480

110 E 31st St, New York, NY 10016

Guest pimpinelephant

do you think they have preference over people who are good at instruments ? I want to send them a few songs I wrote.

they look at your singing talent rather than any other skills, unless you audition for a different role, such as composer.

Guest kimmmmy

the jype website says to mail your audition to their headquarters in korea.

i think the ny building is just a branch of jype, while their primary headquarters are still in korea. this is probably why they have you mailing to korea.

even if the ny building accepts mail in auditions, i would assume they send it to their headquarters in korea anyways, seeing as how jyp himself is at their headquarters in korea. so there might or might not be a longer delay.

i'm not sure what the shipping rates are though, so if money is an issue, then it might be better sending to the ny building, depending on if they accept mail in auditions.

Oh, I see. Thanks for replying. :D

Yeah, money is kinda the problem. sweatingbullets.gif I'm only 14, no job, trying to get one. However, it's rare to find a job that hires 14 year olds. 

I could ask my parents though. I'll try to find out the shipping rates, although I don't know how this mailing process goes when shipping out of state/country. sweatingbullets.gif Hehe, thanks again! 

You can always call them to see if they accept mailed auditions to their NY studio/US headquarters.

Jyp Entertainment

(212) 273-3480

110 E 31st St, New York, NY 10016

O: Thanks! I'll def. use this. Yeah, I'll call them. ^^ 

Guest nerine92

I'm 17 rite now turning 18 on nvoember, do u think its too late for me? u see last yr i was going to go audition but then i was sick n i couldnt make it even tho i've signed up awready and then year before last year i end up in a hopsital thats y i couldnt make it either.

Guest x_asianaddict

I wish they would hold US auditions this year but because JYP is busy for his drama, it's probably unlikely to happen and plus they have an audition site.

Guest pimpinelephant

I'm 17 rite now turning 18 on nvoember, do u think its too late for me? u see last yr i was going to go audition but then i was sick n i couldnt make it even tho i've signed up awready and then year before last year i end up in a hopsital thats y i couldnt make it either.

nah, you're actually the perfect age for jype.

Guest soibean

For the online audition, how long should we wait before sending in another application?

2 weeks? or give up after 3 weeks and try again?

Guest pimpinelephant

For the online audition, how long should we wait before sending in another application?

2 weeks? or give up after 3 weeks and try again?

when it comes to online auditions, i've heard it can take up to 2 months for them to process everything. so i would say wait 2 months and then try again.