Kang Hye Jung 강혜정

Guest minshoo

Guest inspired04

i saw watched the first ep of her drama w/ cha tae hyun...she looked so different from all of these pictures..o_o

• Replies 235
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Not from the last episode, but I like them.

Kang Hye-Jeong is shown so unfeminine in this show with her suspenders and masculine shirts, but I love her in every scene for her naivety and have pity in many scenes for her.

vlcsnap1813617ed6.png

vlcsnap-10728930.png

vlcsnap-3657373.png

• 2 weeks later...

just saw her in herb and i was bawling lol

she's a really talented actress

i was looking for the thread cuase i was wonder if she was mixed cause she doenst look full krn

oh and i didnt know she had surgery O_O for her teeth? weird? but i dont care shes still talented and thats all i care about

Guest lilyphilia.

i love kang hye-jeong!!

she's one of the most versatile korean actresses and i really like the roles she chooses!!

it definiktelt shows how a good actress she is! she's fantastic in oldboy & three extremes!

i'm currently watching flowers for my life where she's the lead actress and she's just so adorable in that drama!!

:P

Guest renni72

Despite whatever she did to her lips, her talent in acting outshone everything else. I have first seen her in Old Boy followed by Rules of Dating and Love Phobia and presently watching her in Flower of my life. Can't deny she's versatile. She can achieve different styles to project her different characters in every movie/drama.

Hope to see her in more movies and dramas.

• 1 month later...

Harper's Bazaar September issue

20070822196372007082254hr3.jpg

click for bigger size

20070822196372007082254su6.jpg

click for bigger size

npe2f9vhgkd75hz4.jpg

npe2f7vhgkd75zu9.jpg

Dayuumm, what a great assemblage of actors! :w00t: But then I may be a wee bit biased since most of the 13 are favorites of mine (and yes I do mean the watch&collect-everything-they're-in-get-excited-everytime-I-see-them-onscreen definition of favorite). Seriously, it's like a K-film lover's wet dream.^^

This thirteen-actor photo spread is for the Cinema Angels Project; proceeds earned will be donated to fostering the development of indie films.

• 7 months later...

wonbin and her look like siblings in the pictures.

im not sure if these is her with wonbin?? but i got it from wonbin's thread :)

my two favorite people :) wonbin is HOT!!! hehehe

p44.jpg

p25.gif

Cho Seung-woo and Kang Hye-jeong Appear Together in Public

0119_chokang_o.jpg

Cho Seung-woo and Kang Hye-jeong appeared together in public for the first time since rumors surfaced about their relationship at the premiere of the movie ¡°Marathon¡± on Jan. 18. The two stars have been going out together since they met each other for the first time at a party. But but so far, they had never appeared in together publicly together because, each of them hasboth having been busy with starring in musicals and movies. At the premiere of ¡°Marathon,¡± Cho and Kang sat side by side, chatting and holding each other¡¯s hands.

In ¡°Marathon,¡± Cho Seung-woo showed off his outstanding acting skills by perfectly portraying an autistic 20-year-old man with the intellect of a 5-year-old in ¡°Marathon.¡±.

link to the new

http://english.kbs.co.kr/ICSFiles/artimage...9_chokang_o.jpg

credits: kbs.com

• 1 month later...
  • 2 weeks later...
Guest Asianatic

She had a unique quirky beauty but now she looks so generic. The Korean actors should really go easy on plastic surgery. They are all beginning to look like clones of each and I can't tell them apart. It's a pity because I find the Koreans to be the most expressive among Asians and that's one reason their dramas and films are so great.

It looks like she got her chin done. She had a weak chin but it was kind of cute with her huge eyes and full lips. Her ex-boyfriend Cho Seung Woo is my all time fav' Korean actor and that's now I got to know her. She was great in Oldboy. Especially the last shot with her dad when she says Saranghe.

lucky lucky woman to be dating cho seung woo >_<

totally underrated ... especially here on soompi.

I totally agree. He's a fantastic actor and very attractive. A complete natural in front of the camera.

• 3 weeks later...

New movie alert! ^_^

http://www.koreanfilm.org/new.html

KISS ME, KILL ME (킬 미 lit. Kill Me). Kang Hye-jeong is one of the sweethearts of Korean cinema. Although she has had a few misses with the movies she has chosen to appear in (such as Herb or Love Phobia) she has risen to fame for her memorable performances in Welcome to Dongmakgol and Oldboy. Miss Kang is now shooting a new film under new director Yang Jong-hyeon in which she plays a woman with a death wish who falls in love with a killer who is about to retire from his trade. The killer is being played by Shin Hyeon-joon (Face, Blue). Described as a melodrama/comedy, the movie is being produced by Sidus FNH for release in 2008.

m0040055spe62638w636cd8.jpg

m0040056spe62639w636yq2.jpg

m0040058spe62633h585uk3.th.jpg m0040046spe62625w636mv2.th.jpg m0040049spe62629w636hl5.th.jpg m0040051spe62631w636kk7.th.jpg

m0040050spe62630w636qo0.th.jpg m0040052spe62634w636ob6.th.jpg m0040047spe62627w636gg0.th.jpg

m0040054spe62637w636ae0.th.jpg m0040048spe62628w636px2.th.jpg m0040053spe62636w636xy8.th.jpg

<clickable thumbnails>

credit: Cine21

^ Thanks Melusine for the great movie pics & updates, appreciate them. Hi to everyone! ^^

---

There were a lot of updates on KHJ yesterday & the day before. Had no idea what it's about although Hollywood & LBH (amongst others) were mentioned.

Found this (finally) at Lunapark6. Totally grateful for the cool site. :blush:

June 17, 2008

Hye-jeong Kang to appear in U.S. film

Posted by luna6

86r78127_1.jpg

Chalk up one more Korean actor/actress attempting to crack the U.S. market. In the past year alone, big name stars like Rain, Byung-hun Lee, Hye-kyo Song, and Gianna Jun (Ji-hyeon Jeon) have all appeared in U.S. films. One more person attempting to make that jump is Hye-jeong Kang, best known for her role in “Oldboy.” Since her eye opening appearance in “Oldboy,” Hye-jeong Kang’s career has been hit or miss. Commercially speaking, “Welcome to Dongmakgol” was a big hit, while “Herb” and “Love Phobia” were flops. Smaller pics like “Rules of Dating” and Thai pic “Invisible Waves” did generate positive response from critics.

Now, her press agency YG, has revealed that Hye-jeong Kang will be leaving for Los Angeles on the 17th to sign a contract to appear in as of yet unspecified U.S. film. The movie is reported to be a romantic film centered around a couple. If all things go as planned, the U.S. film will start shooting later this year. During that time, Hye-jeong will take English lessons to improve her verbal skills. She did speak English in Pen-Ek Ratanaruang’s “Invisible Waves,” but her lines were basic and she did exhibit a thick accent.

In the meantime, Hye-jeong Kang also has a new Korean film, titled “Kill Me,” that is due out in the immediate future. “Kill Me” is a romantic-comedy co-starring Hyeon-jun Shin and supporting role given by Hyeon-a Kim.

Source: lunapark6.com

Image from sports.chosun.com

• 1 month later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: HanCinema

Via: NEWSIS 2008-08-01 11:42:32

Kang Hye-jeong in a new Hollywood film, "Wedding Palace"

NISI20080801_0007634196_web.jpg

Movie star Kang Hye-jeong will be starred in the Hollywood film "Wedding Palace". The romance comedy also stars Korean American Brian Ti.

A man desperate to be wed meets a Korean lady through chatting online and finds love. At the first meeting, he is surprised by her petite figure. Kang is slim with height of 162cm and weight 46kg.

The first scene will be taken in Korea and the rest will be in the U.S. The finalization of her role in the movie is being finalized currently.

Love this pic of KHJ. Simply sweet & delightful. :)

---

August 1, 2008

Kang Hye-Jung Joins the Hollywood Ranks in Wedding Palace

Posted by . X . at 5:56am

2008080111564968003_1.jpg

Add another Korean actor to the list of those joining Hollywood. After Rain, Lee Byung-Heon, Kim Yoon-Jin, Song Hye-Gyo, Jeon Ji-Hyun, Gu Hye-Seon and Co., Kang Hye-Jung of 올드보이 (Oldboy) and 웰컴 투 동막골 (Welcome to Dongmakgol) will make her Hollywood debut in the rom-com Wedding Palace, alongside Korean-American actor Brian Tee. The film tells the story of an an American man and a Korean woman dating, overcoming their cultural differences and eventually marrying, and marks the debut of Korean American Christine Yu, who had been mostly writing screenplays in Hollywood up to now, including the TV series Afro Samurai. Film will be produced by Tee himself, through his company TU Productions, and will start shooting from September in L.A., with a week of location shooting in Korea. Kang’s dialogue will be all in English, but the character’s broken English will be an interesting challenge to handle (unless, of course, they share the same problem, then it will be much easier I guess).

Source: [Naver News] with credits to twitchfilm.net

• 2 months later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS World 2008-10-27

Kang Hye-jung Attends a Hollywood Gala

e081027_01.jpg

Film actress Kang Hye-jung of the “Old Boy” fame was invited to a Hollywood red carpet event. Starring in a joint Korea-U.S. film entitled “Wedding Palace,” Kang attended the red carpet event for the 21st Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony held at Beverly Hilton Hotel with her co-star Korean-American actor Brian Tee.

Kang has been staying in Los Angeles since October 15th to prepare for the shooting of “Wedding Palace” in early November. She was also invited to the after-ceremony party hosted by Stars Channel, which airs Tee’s cable TV series “Crash.”

“Wedding Palace” is a romantic comedy about the life of a couple from different cultural backgrounds who meet in L.A. and get married. This is Kang’s Hollywood debut film and she’s expected to display her fantastic screen presence and irresistible charm to the American audience. The film is to be directed by Korean-American director Christine Yoo.

Guest qwerty_u

ah, another good actress entering US films. can't wait to see her new movie.

i do wonder what happen to Jun Ji Hyun hollywood movie..?

Guest kdramafanusa

Kang Hye-jung Attends a Hollywood Gala

Film actress Kang Hye-jung of the “Old Boy” fame was invited to a Hollywood red carpet event. Starring in a joint Korea-U.S. film entitled “Wedding Palace,” Kang attended the red carpet event for the 21st Hollywood Awards Gala Ceremony held at Beverly Hilton Hotel with her co-star Korean-American actor Brian Tee.

20081101174037.jpg

http://web.reviewstar.net/web_200806/view....7&code=1040

PP08103100024.JPG

http://spn.edaily.co.kr/entertain/newsRead...230006586578496

1225420249276_2.jpg

1225420251491_1.jpg

http://joynews.inews24.com/php/news_view.p...g_serial=369245

2008103115555415726312gx3.jpg

http://www.maxmovie.com/movie_info/news_re...mp;search=title

• 3 months later...
Guest siticantik3011

Tablo and Kang Hye Jung Are Dating

February 5, 2009 by coolsmurf

200902051014371010_1.jpg

It was revealed that actress Kang Hye Jung (27) is now in a relationship with Epik High leader, Tablo (29) and is now the headline story for today.

According to a close friend of Kang Hye Jung who revealed, “Kang Hye Jung and Tablo met during a gathering last year and only recently confirmed that they were dating. Both of them have similar tastes in terms of music, movies, etc and thus they already left a good impression on each other after their first meeting. After a few successful dates, they are now in a stable relationship.”

Compared with other celebrity couples who usually keep their love stories from the public eye, Kang Hye Jung is going the opposite direction by confirming her relationship with Tablo. Many fans have given the lovebirds their blessings. There were already rumors earlier of them in a relationship after eagle-eyed fans spotted the both of them dating around coffee joints in Kangnam.

YG Entertainment to which Kang Hye Jung is contracted under told reporters today that Kang Hye Jung did not want to conceal it at all and had admitted to their relationship. One representative expressed, “They are now dating blissfully and they would like to thank everyone for their concern.”

source: coolsmurf@wordpress

pic credit: newsen

20090205141246695.jpg

Kang Hye Jung's mini hompy has pics of her boyfriend too!

source & pic credits: k-popped

• 4 weeks later...
Guest kdramafanusa

Source: KBS

Actress Kang Talks About Stalker's Pain

[ 2009-03-06 ]

0903062.jpg

Heroine of film "Why Did You Come to My House?"

"This film is for those who adhered to criminal activity or thought of suicide because of love, and anyone who ever did harm or suffered over love," said actress Kang Hye-jeong during the presentation of her new film "Why Did You Come to My House?" at a Seoul theater Thursday.

She said her character "Lee Su-gang" is "wacky, lacks social skills, doesn't have a big dream in life, but dreams of miraculous love."

Lee rarely opens up to others, but she loves one man, Park Ji-min (played by Big Bang member Seungri), in her own unique way for ten years. To stalk him, she enters the home of Kim Byeong-hee (Park Hee-sun), which provides a good view of Park's house. She saves Kim, who was about to hang himself to death. Then she ties up his hands and legs and locks him up.

The film continues the series of "female character" films such as "Sympathy for Lady Vengeance," "My Scary Girl" and "Crush and Blush."

This is the first feature film for director Hwang Su-a, who debuted with a music video and TV commercials. She says the film is a "unique romance film that incorporates the traits of other film genres and an emotional unraveling about love and how people love."

Kang said, "I first befriended Hwang in a different film. She wrote this script partially based on myself so I feel closer to the character."

"Lee's beauty lies in her unpolished nature. She's rough but also feeble. It feels real. I didn't have to be pretty, which I liked."

When asked if Lee's blind love gave anyone a hard time, Kang said, "Stalking someone for a decade is itself a painful thing to do."

"She opened up people who approached her for the first time. She didn't care for anything else about her life, which must have been painful because it's isolating yourself. But she ultimately transforms her obsessive, possessive love to devotion and patience. This is hard in real life but I believe she achieved ideal love."

"I'm not as clear-cut in my own love life. I just want to live as I feel."

Actor Park Hee-sun plays "Kim Byeon-hee" who became addicted to suicide attempts ever since his wife died in a car accident. He said, "The script was good but I didn't think twice after hearing that Kang was cast. It's my first romance film but it fit me well and it's just a lovely piece."

Big Bang's Seungri, who marks his acting debut in this film, said, "Park was really nice, like an old brother, but Kang was indeed a professional. She called me up before the shoot and checked up on me. It was great to get to know talented stars. Filming went well."

~~~~~

49af6d1666ae7filenameas.jpg

img1954.jpg

img1962j.jpg

img2018taa.jpg

img2027n.jpg

img2030p.jpg

img2033.jpg

Source: heymannews

Archived