• Last Reply

More posters/stills from KHJ's filmography: <clickable thumbnails>

Rules of Dating

http://www.todo-nottodo.co.kr/

http://cyworld.nate.com/todoornottodo

http://www.nkino.com/Events/todo-nottodo/

Soompi thread

Clubbox DL

m0010002yeonaemokp1w600xu4.th.jpg r35ki.th.jpg r21ws.th.jpg r46vh.th.jpg m0010153yeonaep6w600ka0.th.jpg

Welcome to Dongmakgol

http://www.dongmakgol2005.co.kr

Soompi thread

Clubbox DL

w12zb.th.jpg m0010069dongmakp2w600zz3.th.jpg m0020459dongmakmain18w600kc0.th.jpg m0020118dongmak15w600jt0.th.jpg

Lizard / Love Phobia

http://www.domabam2006.com/

Soompi thread

Clubbox DL + subs

l12ux.th.jpg l26qx.th.jpg l32lg.th.jpg d3681649rv.th.jpg

Hoodwinked

m0010001posterw600se6.th.jpg m0010006hoodwinkp1w600cs7.th.jpg

http://www.hoodwinked.co.kr/

2005 USA - dir. Cory Edwards

[Voices: Kim Soo-Mi, Kang Hye-Jung, No Hong-Cheol, Im Ha-Ryong, Lee Jang-Won]

Distributed By Showbox - Released on April 6

m0010004still01w600st7.th.jpg m0010003still02w600xb2.th.jpg

m0010005still03w600ki2.th.jpg m0010006still04w600kt7.th.jpg

• 2 weeks later...

Updated Apr.26,2006 18:13 KST

Kang Hye-jung on Acting With Her Own Boyfriend

In her new film "Love Phobia," Kang Hye-jung gets to star opposite her real-life boyfriend Cho Seung-woo. The melodrama is the bittersweet romance of a man and a woman who ache for each other for 18 years. "It's like the love fantasy most high school girls harbor in their mind. It's like 'Snow White' or 'Cinderella,'" Kang told the Chosun Ilbo. Does she harbor them too? "No matter how terrible love is in real life, every woman is entitled to dream such a dream and to be loved and respected," she says.

2006042600020112ol.jpg

A larger image

Kang has mostly played either delinquent girls or simpletons, such as Mi-do in the film "Oldboy," who unwittingly engages in incest with her father, and Yeo-il whose innocent smiles break down the wall between the South Korean and North Korean soldiers in "Welcome to Dongmakgol." She got noticed in the Korean film industry with her ability to play extreme characters, a remarkable achievement for her age (24). At the same time, it made people curious about what her acting would be like if she played a more ordinary character such as the girl in her new film.

200604260002_02.gif

"Love Phobia" has been attracting plenty of hype because it casts a real-life couple. Asked how she evaluates Cho as an actor, Kang is ready with high praise. "I thought that Cho is perfect as an actor. He already knows what to do in his mind before each shot." In one scene, where their characters kiss, Kang insisted the couple needs to get more emotional but Cho demurred. "When we watched the scene later on, I knew he was right."

There are plenty of emotions for Kang to express in the movie, most of them having to do with running away from Cho. Audiences will make up their own minds how well Kang absorbs herself in the character, but "Love Phobia" is bound to mark an important milestone in her acting career.

(englishnews@chosun.com )

Source: http://english.chosun.com/w21data/html/new...0604260002.html

• 4 weeks later...

More posters/stills from KHJ's filmography: <clickable thumbnails>

Invisible Waves

m0010001invisiblewavesstill02w600ky5.th.jpg m0010002posterw600yk6.th.jpg m0010002invisiblew600tu5.th.jpg

http://www.invisiblewaves.com/

http://blog.naver.com/waves2006

Clubbox DL + subs

International (Fortissimo) Trailer

Thai Theatrical Trailer

Scene One (downloadable Quicktime)

Scene Two (downloadable Quicktime)

More stills

m0020006invisiblewavesstill04w600dt0.th.jpg djuna01241053485pg.th.jpg m0020004invisiblewavesstill30w600vd8.th.jpg

djuna01241053491ja.th.jpg djuna01241053506dl.th.jpg djuna01242683906aq.th.jpg

Korean Actress Kang Invited to Berlin Film Festival

2005/12/20

The movie 'Invisible Waves' has been selected to compete at the 56th Berlin Film Festival in Germany on February 9 in 2006. The movie features the actor Kang Hye-jeong famed in Korea.

'Invisible Waves' features Kang Hye-jeong and Japanese Actor Asano Dadanobu and is directed by Pen-Ek Ratanaruang. Funding was provided in part by Korean CJ Entertainment. 'Invisible Waves' was also selected as the movie for opening ceremony in the Thai Bangkok Film Festival which will be held on February 17 in 2006.

In addition, The Promise, a film jointly made by Koreans, Chinese, and Americans, is also on the list for the non-competitive film section of the Berlin Film Festival. The Korean movie star Jang Dong-gun is a leading actor in The Promise.

Many films in the show at the Busan Film Festival were also put on the invitation list in the Berlin Film Festival. Not only the Korean films like Director Jo Chang-ho's 'The Peter Pan Formula' and director Sin Dong-il's 'The Visitor' but also the Korean-Japanese director Yang Yeong-hee's 'Dear Pyongyang', director Hunahashi Atheshi's 'Big River' and director Sono Shion's 'Strange Circus' were on the list of the 56th Berlin Film Festival after screening at the Busan Film Festival as the World Premier films.

The Korean actress Kang Hye-jeong is one of the rising stars in the Republic of Korea. She won the award for the best supporting actress both of the Korean Film Festival and the Blue Dragon Film Festival for her role in 'Welcome to Dongmakgol' in 2006.

By Youn-soo Kim

http://www.dynamic-korea.com/

Twitch articles:

waves19iw.th.jpg

Two Scenes From Ratanaruang's Invisible Waves!

Palm Pictures Surprises No One, Picks Up Invisible Waves

New Invisible Waves Trailer Online!

Invisible Waves Website and Trailer Online!

Invisible Waves Stills

Official Invisible Wave Website Online

Invisible Waves Delayed to 2006

Exclusive Behind the Scenes Pictures From Pen-Ek Ratanaruang's Invisible Waves!

Oooh ... Major Invisible Waves Article in the Bangkok Post ...

Scoop! An Invisible Waves Set Report and Sad Guitar Wolf News ...

Tartan Has Bought Invisible Waves!

Ratanaruang's Invisible Waves Update

Ratanaruang's Invisible Waves Update

New Film From Last Life In The Universe Director Pen-Ek Ratanaruang!

• 3 weeks later...
  • 4 weeks later...

Film2.0 article

163392_PG1_101.jpg

163392_PG1_102.gif

Cine21 article

p0000002peo54801w600ar0.jpg

p0000041peo55027w600ff0.jpg

p0000001cov54802w600cj8.jpg

p0000003peo54802w600pz4.jpg

p0000004peo54803w600js2.jpg

Movist article

1ya2.jpg

1ps1.jpg

3yw4.jpg

3fg4.jpg

Personally I think she was much MUCH prettier before. I even found her overbite charming! Don't get me wrong, she's far from hideous, it's just that she looks more like Im EunKyung now than the face that comes to (my) mind when I hear/read her name.

Sigh, I miss her old face.

Well, she's still one of my favorite actresses and it's not as if this affects her talent. It feels odd looking at her, is all... It'll take getting used to.

^Psst, rubie, read the sentence above the pics! :lol:

I knew theoretically that teeth are essential to one's facial structure, but gosh. What a drastic difference. No wonder we couldn't recognize her at first in the Screen Quota pics before, remember? :sweatingbullets:

Dunno if she did it for health reasons or for vanity. If it was the latter, I REALLY REALLY wish she hadn't. :vicx:

Screen Quota protest rally <clickable thumbnails>

20060701t213935z01nootrnisidsp2120060701213711094pi6.th.jpg 2006070117553211201oi5.th.jpg 2006070121275411201em9.th.jpg

^She is almost unrecognizable. :( Especially when you compare her new face to this one:

khjfc6.jpg

She had her overbite fixed, so it's as if her mouth shrunk, making her chin bigger and her cheeks fuller.

WHY, KHJ, WHY?!?

Ohwell. At least I'll always have her movies to remind me of what she used to look like.

Guest minshoo

have you guys seen the movie 'Love Phobia'? i thought it wouldnt be good since you know they are a real couple in real life. but i thought the movie is really good. really touching the ending was kinda a shocking.

Star Focus www.arirangtv.com

166_big01.gif166_big02.gif

Kang Hye-jung

Name: Kang Hye-jung

Date of Birth: Jan. 4, 1982

Body: 162cm/46kg

Title: Actress

Hobbies: Dancing & Singing

Debut: 1997

Works appeared: Movie, 'Welcome to Dongmakgol', 'Old Boy' and more

It's the doe-eyed actress who stole the spotlight in "Old Boy" -- meet Kang Hye-jung on Star Focus!

Transformations being her forte, the starlet proved she's capable of any sort of metamorphosis in the movie "Rules of Dating." Here, she plays a confident young woman opposite Park Hae-il's arrogant character. The movie's frank approach to dating has made "Rules" a hot topic of late.

Kang made her explosive debut into showbiz in 2001, winning the "best actress" award at the Bucheon International Fantastic Film Festival for the movie "Butterfly."

Kang's star status expanded internationally with "Old Boy," which won a prestigious award at the last Cannes International Film Festival. The film won her a "best supporting actress" title at the Blue Dragon Film Awards. She also played a mangled marionette in the pan-Asian movie, "Three Monster."

And let's not forget her work in music videos, with numerous pop artists clamoring for her appearance in their projects. Especially memorable was her work with actor Seol Kyung-gu in SG Wannabe's movie-like music video.

Kang is now in the middle of making a new movie, "Welcome to DongMakGol," to premiere in August. The movie is set during the Korean War in the 1950's. Here, she displays a yet un-seen naivete.

Star Focus www.arirangtv.com

star01(75).gifstar02(65).gif

Kang Hye-jung

Name: Kang Hye-jung

Date of Birth: Jan. 1, 1982

Height: 162cm/46kg

Title: Actress & TV Actress

Debut: Model for Teen Magazine (1997)

Filmographies: Herb (2007), Welcome To Dongmakgol (2005), Old Boy (2003)

Awards: 43rd Daejong Film Festival, Female Supportive Actress (2006), 26th Blue Dragon Film Awards, Female Supportive Actress (2005)

Veterans Bae Jong-ok and Jung Kyung-ho are both filled with praise for THIS actress! She's represents the perfect blend of alluuure~ and innocence! There's not a lot of actresses who can pull THAT off - today's STAR FOCUS meets Kang Hye-jung.

These days in Korea, this actress has been bringing tears to the eyes of audiences with her touching performance as "Sang-eun" in the movie, ‘Herb’. Kang Hye-jung portrays a 20-year old woman with the mental capacity of a 7-year old. Her way of life is threatened when her mother is diagnosed with cancer.

Her unique, eye-catching look introduced her to entertainment as a model in a 1999 teen magazine. But her career didn't really begin until almost FIVE years later. And she had director Park Chan-wook and his movie, ‘Old Boy’, to thank.

She's never played the same character twice. ‘Purpose of Love’ and ‘Lovephobia’ are both love stories, but in one, she's a sassy woman who's a natural seductress. In the latter, she plays a woman who's clueless in love... Kang Hye-jung is an enigma.

She has no desire to be the prettiest. She has no desire to make lots of money. She has no desire to be an idol in the entertainment world. She JUST wants to act... Like we said, Kang Hye-jung is an enigma. We can't wait to see what she brings us next!

Guest minshoo

are those pictures in red the new ones? she looks really pretty there. i love 'Love Phobia' so i cant wait for her new movie to come out.

Guest joyeux

Even though it's a little late, congratulations to Kang Hye Jeong for snagging the Best Supporting Actress Award at the 43rd Grand Bell Awards!

Congratulations to Kang Hye Jeong for winning the Best Supporting Actress at the recently concluded 43rd Grand Bell Awards.. :sweatingbullets:

this actress seems to be collecting awards...doin' different roles and great films.. got a chance to watched her in Three Extreme opposite LBH ssi...aigoo!!! haven't recognized since she wore heavy make up there plus my eyes are fixed on BH :lol::w00t: but then the acting did register in my mind...

2nd time seeing her wid Cho Seung Woo on that particular award but not till this thread that i'm surprised how this actress flares not only in Korea but overseas as well..thanks for starting this thread ;) i always came across her name during awards and now craving for more of her...AJA! AJA! KANG HYE JEONG ;)

Archived