Lee Soo Hyuk 이수혁 [Upcoming Drama 2024 "Queen Woo"] [Upcoming Drama 2024 "S Line"]

partyon

Guest adikkeluangman

Lee Soo Hyuk to take the role initially offered to 2PM's Taecyeon for 'Lucky Romance'?

The rumors about 2PM's Taecyeon and the upcoming drama 'Lucky Romance' might be false. 

Now it seems like Lee Soo Hyuk is the one to form the love triangle with Hwang Jung Eum and Ryu Joon Yeol in the drama. Recently, it was reported that Taecyeon was offered the role 'Choi Gun Wook' and that he is currently in discussion with the producers. However, the reports made on April 1 claim that Lee Soo Hyuk will be the one to play 'Choi Gun Wook.' 

Ce8IskbWAAAF4M6.jpg

Star J Entertainment announced, "Lee Soo Hyuk has been offered a role for 'Lucky Romance', and he is currently in the process of making a decision." 

Many viewers are curious to find out about the cast. Who do you think will be ultimately joining the new drama?

http://www.allkpop.com/article/2016/04/lee-soo-hyuk-to-take-the-role-initially-offered-to-2pms-taecyeon-for-lucky-romance 

• 2 weeks later...

'Lucky Romance' first script-reading takes place

Cf0c-GhWsAAmWEX.jpg

article.jpg

The first episode of 'Lucky Romance' is scheduled on May 25!

I can't wait until this drama airs lol \(^o^)/

idc about the other characters I'm only watching this for our Soo Hyuk haha

Lee Soo-hyeok to star in 'Romance By Luck'

fullsizephoto710063.jpg

MOD EDIT: Put long posts and multiple pictures in spoiler tag

Spoiler

Actor Lee Soo-hyeok is starring in the new MBC drama "Romance By Luck" as Choi Gun-wook, a worldwide tennis player and rivals with the main character Je Soo-ho.

Choi Gun-wook went to Canada when he was young and became a rising star in tennis. After he becomes a worldwide star, he returns to Korea in glory and reunites with Sim Bonnie (Hwang Jeong-eum), his childhood neighbor and first love. He falls into a three-way romance with Je Soo-ho (Ryu Jun-yeol).

"Romance By Luck" is based on a popular web-toon. It's a romantic comedy about a woman who is crazy about fortune telling meeting a man who is crazy for formulas and science.

Lee Soo-hyeok's agency claimed, "He is practicing tennis very hard and is going to present a whole new character".

"Romance By Luck" will be broadcast in May.

Source : news.nate.com/view/20...

Credit: hancinema

------

"He's practicing tennis very hard" haha you mean busy taking tennis selfies ;)

with his cute pink hat. which I want actually.

-------

EDIT: so you can see more details of the hat:

"anti social social club" it says

btw those are some real damn expensive shoes o_O idk what brand the jeans are but I have no doubt they're brand name too lol the boy's got some c a s h  : O

Edited by rainmoon
multiple pictures

looks like no one else is in this thread but me lol so i'll update it by myself idec:

firstly if anyone wants to know where to buy that hat you can get it here for $36

for Soo Hyuk updates he posted ANOTHER tennis selfie:

but i wish he'd show us more of his face lol we don't follow him to see his hat collection ;)

speaking of exposure he updated with this image and then deleted it like immediately afterwards lmfao:

Spoiler

why DELETE such a GOOD picture who knows

he also updated a pic studying his script:

it's so neat with all those little post-it notes i wasn't expecting that. idk what all those numbers mean though

and then on the same day that he uploaded those two pictures he was also spotted chilling with his best m8 G Drgaon:

GD can be seen here:

the background seems familiar though I think it's the same place he took this pic ages ago?:

i also vaguely remember seeing that background in one of his friends selfies but i dont remember who it was -_-- idk...maybe it's a place they go to regularly but idk where it is ^o^ 

Edited by rainmoon
large posts with multiple pictures
  • Like 1

Also here's the Character chart for those who haven't seen it yet:

cast.jpg

And some more character info with a pretty picture:

gunwook.jpg

최건욱cast 이수혁

24세, 닭띠 / 테니스 선수

테니스 선수. 세계랭킹 12위. 2015 호주오픈 우승의 주인공! 9살에 유학 가 캐나다 국적을 취득했다. 운동하기 딱 좋게 일부러 빚은 것 같은 몸이다. 큰 키에 긴 팔 긴 다리, 빼곡하게 들어찬 잔근육, 남성미 터지는 육신에 영화배우 뺨치는 그윽한 마스크까지. 
서브는 파워풀하게, 수비는 아웃라인 끝까지 달려갈 만큼 성실하게, 경기 내내 매너 있게. 상대에게도 팬에게도 다정하고 상냥해 미국-캐나다에서 ‘선샤인 보이’로 엄청난 인기몰이 중이다. 캐나다 시민권자가 되면서 ‘개리’라는 영어이름으로 활동했다. 동양인 최초로 세계 4대 대회 중 하나인 호주 오픈의 우승을 거머쥐며 세계랭킹 33위에서 12위로 껑충 뛰어오르자 한국의 언론도 건욱을 주목했다. 역시 훌륭한 한국의 핏줄, 자랑스러운 대한의 아들, 한국에서도 개리 초이 붐이 일었다. 
밝고 명랑한 성격. 세계 최고의 클래스에 맞는 자신감으로 무장해 여유가 있다. 언론의 인터뷰나 취재에는 잘 응하지 않아 사생활은 베일에 가려져있다.

translation will come soon!

• Like 1

9 Male K-Drama Actors With the Sexiest Voices

121122-song-joong-ki-sponge-wide.jpg

From the unique story lines to the spot-on soundtracks, in addition to the extremely hot actors, K-dramas have mastered the art of having millions of fans dreaming and fantasizing over their main characters. However, in many Korean dramas, although the main actor’s physical appearance is a point in which many viewers anticipate, their equally wonderful voices often capture the hearts of many fans.

These Korean actors are fully capable of capturing our hearts with a simple “hello,” spoken in their lusciously deep voices. Here are nine male actors with the sexiest voices in no particular order!

Spoiler

Kim Woo Bin

Kim-Woo-Bin.png

When thinking of male actors with sexily deep voices, the first actor that came to mind was Kim Woo Bin. All throughout “Heirs,” although Lee Min Ho was the main star, all I could focus on was Kim Woo Bin’s voice. I would say that Kim Woo Bin is the perfect package. He’s tall, hot, cute, caring, well-built, and deep-voiced. All I can say is Shin Min Ah is one lucky girl to have snagged a guy like that!

----(skipping unrelated celebs in this list, since Woo Bin is close friend in Model Avengers I left him in)----

Lee Soo Hyuk

lee-soo-hyuk.jpg

With his vampire-ish looks, Lee Soo Hyuk also has the deepest and sexiest voice that just makes you want to jump into his arms. Every time Lee Soo Hyuk says a line in any drama, he steals the scene not only with his impeccible acting but also with his deeply attractive voice.

---Skipped unrelated celebs again---

Source: soompi

--------------------------

i TOTALLY agree

his voice is a good solid 60% of the reason I like him so much ; ) 

Edited by rainmoon
large post with multiple pictures

Speaking of the Model Avengers I don't think I've seen a post about them on this forum so for those that don't know 

INTRODUCING THE MODEL AVENGERS:

it all began when a fan created this picture for fun:

Soo Hyuk uploaded it onto his instagram and jokingly says "Excuse me....but I am the leader and look best in the middle..." 

these guys all starred together in 'White Christmas' which is surprisingly good btw, and they became good friends as they were all similar in age, had the same profession (modelling) and the same dreams (acting)

So someone made this in response (lmfao):

~sunglasses emoji~   he is satisfied lmfao

Him and other Model Avenger Kim Young Kwang talk about it on Healing Camp here:

Though there's no ENG subs in this ^ vid, and the only one I can find that does have eng subs is cut short -_-, I'll post it anyway:

http://www.dailymotion.com/video/x2sqshe_kim-youngkwang-lee-soohyuk-healing-camp-%ED%99%8D%EC%A2%85%ED%98%84-%ED%98%95%EB%93%A4-%E3%85%8E%E3%85%8B-186-eng-sub_fun

I think I'll post more Model Avengers stuff ; ) This Marie Claire photoshoot is one of my faves b/c he looks SO good here

Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Young Kwang Interview

(Marie Claire, April 2015 Edition)

marie-claire-lee-soo-hyuk-and-kim-young-

Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Young Kwang, they say they’re close. To the point where they see each other 350 days out 365. With looks bringing attention even when they’re alone, they’re still always together. They often hang out with Kim Woo Bin, Sung Joon and Hong Jong Hyun. In one word, isn’t it a serious waste of "fabulousness” as well as social imbalance?

Spoiler

There’s a way for peers to naturally stick together when they work together. They became closer while doing their modelling activities together and now they are actors. Both Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Young Kwang had many changes in their careers and in their lives, but whenever they meet, the truth that they have a friend they’re comfortable with doesn’t change. And they decided that once they were both done filming their drama, they’d go to Hawaii together. It was a work-related trip, but once the photo shoot was over and the staff went back to Seoul, the two of them stayed in Hawaii and enjoyed a few days off.

Kim Young Kwang:
"We’ve known each other for so long, that we’re not awkward even when we don’t speak. When we were in Hawaii, we just walked around, we had a beer at night and we discussed this or that. You might think that two men taking a stroll together on the beach in the evening are a gay couple. One foreigner actually asked us if we were twins. I shouted “No!”. It was really nice to sit together on a surfboard and watch the raging waves and the horizon. Our skin was irritated from the sunburn, so we applied lotion on each other and when I looked in the mirror afterward, I said “wow, this really reminds me of old times”. I remembered the time when I first started working and didn’t know anything. We’ve really been working together like this for a long time since our modelling debut."

Lee Soo Hyuk:
"I started working when I was 17. Our debut show was exactly the same. At that time, it felt that we were rivals without being rivals. We’ve been dreaming together for a long time and now we’re in a position to give interviews as actors. I think this might be the reason I feel even more a sense of responsibility. We talk about our desire to do better in our acting, when one of us sees a good movie, he recommends it to the other."

Kim Young Kwang:

"Once we were just the two of us in Hawaii, I kept coaxing him to try scuba diving. In the end, we weren’t able to because of the weather, but I had actually bought a GoPro camera for scuba diving. I took pictures while snorkeling, I also got a two-shots picture with the camera angle when we were eating. And we talked about doing productive work together in the future. We can film funny videos, we can study too. 2015 is our year of learning experiences."

Honestly, the vibe we got from Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Young Kwang was this “opposite attraction” vibe. Lee Soo Hyuk is cool and indifferent and Kim Young Kwang is lively and gentle, they carry a completely different charm. Lee Soo Hyuk’s expression doesn’t vary much, but whenever I think about Kim Young Kwang, the first thing that comes to my mind is his forever happy smiling face. While being completely the opposite in their voice tone or expressions, carrying different feelings, we get this refreshing feeling that they are true friends.

Kim Young Kwang:

"We often hear “it really looks like you two are not made to get along, so I don’t get how you became friends”. However, this is exactly the reason we’re close. We learn a lot from each other because we’re different from each other."

Lee Soo Hyuk:

"I don’t think we have a similar style either. We come from different backgrounds and we see things in a different way. That’s why when one of us doesn’t know something or have a narrow vision about something, he can understand it by looking at the other who thinks differently. Young Kwang-hyung kind of gives this “Daddy-Long-Legs” feeling. Like he’s a match for a first love, he really understands women? This has its charm, but it can be problematic too. I also think about stuff like this a lot these days. Now is the time for me to reduce the gap between the image I have and the direction I want to take with my career. At the end of the day, our career is to be people others use. I need to be cast in order to work, I must totally dedicate myself to the project, these are the things I perfectly understand now, so I’m trying to figure out now what is the best method for me to be used."

What I always feel during an interview is how actors are have a clearer understanding of the limits of their own image than the audience would think. It seems that Lee Soo Hyuk and Kim Young Kwang also wonder about how to use their charm and their image, about how to widen the spectrum of the characters they can play. Can we say it’s the process turning acting into a real job for them?

Lee Soo Hyuk:

"All this time, I’ve played many more characters with fantasy elements than ordinary characters. That’s why I had many worries like “am I an actor who can’t play regular people?”. Even when I dressed neatly and I had a hairstyle when not one single strand of hair was out of place because I thought it was the best image to match the character based on my understanding, I heard “Lee Soo Hyuk wants to look cool, he can’t let go even in this drama”. It was very embarrassing, but I think it was because I still I showed nothing as an actor. “Valid Love” came along at the time when I really wanted to play a role that could allow me to show the person that I am. When I started filming this drama, my goal with the director was to smash the image of Lee Soo Hyuk I had shown all this time. And during the filming process itself, there was a lot of adlibs because I got to act with this natural image more than this organized and prepared image. Through “Valid Love”, I really gained some confidence about being more comfortable in front of the camera. This drama made me think that I’ll do much better for my next role, regardless if I get to play a fantasy character or a regular person, so I’m very thankful for this drama."

Kim Young Kwang:

"I had a lot of “what is the right thing for me to do?” thoughts. It’s only fair to be charismatic as soon as you appear. Men have a simple way of thinking, so they think they must look cool, they think they must be cool. (laughs) I have my own principles and I think I have this fantasy about the noir genre where there are characters that sacrifice themselves in the name of their principles. I’d like to try to play this kind of masculine character at least once. However, I like having fun, so I think people think of me as someone bright and lively. I think this is what makes me able to try to create funny characters that can only be played by me. I really like Jung Jae Young-sunbaenim. He’s an actor who can show at the same time this reliable and charismatic image as well as a comic side. Ever since I was a kid, I always thought it’d be nice to age gracefully. Now, I also think it’d be nice if seeing me could bring people happiness."

There are many things they want to do, many places they must go to. As actors, there are still many things they want to prove. As many efforts and patience will be required to reach their ultimate destination, they chose a path where one can question if there’s even such a thing as an ultimate destination. Still, they have a good friend by their side to walk down that road together.

Source: Marie Claire
Lee-Soo-Hyuk-Kim-Young-Kwang.jpg

KimYoungKwangLeeSooHyuk1.jpg

i REALLY like this ^ pic for some reason, one of my faves of them both they both look so good here haha

lee-soo-hyuk-and-kim-young-kwang-dior-ho

LeeSooHyuk.jpg

lee-soo-hyuk-and-kim-young-kwang-dior-ho

Edited by rainmoon
large posts with multiple picrures
  • Like 1

Lee Soo Hyuk is Happy for His Model Friends′ Success in Acting

Concerning his model-turned-actor friends′ success, Lee Soo Hyuk revealed that he′s happy. 

On June 11, Lee Soo Hyuk attended the press conference for tvN′s High Schooler King of Life at the Imperial Hotel in Gangnam. 

He shared, "Kim Young Kwang and I read some of the replies. They said that there are two submarines carrying nuclear bombs in the modeling world, and that was me and Young Kwang."

68066002.jpg

"We carry nukes, but are always submerged. A lot of people say, ′You′re rivals. Don′t you feel a sense of competition?′ but it′s actually fun for us," said Lee Soo Hyuk. "We share about our casting offers and help each other find the acting points. There′s a lot to learn from Kim Woo Bin and Sung Jun, and we′re all doing well. We help each other. We have a good relationship." 

"Each of us are different, so the order of when we receive the scripts are also different. Sometimes scripts that went to Kim Woo Bin come my way, and sometimes scripts I had go to Kim Woo Bin. It′s fun seeing things like that," said Lee Soo Hyuk. 

"For us, we′re just happy to be receiving attention. So since I′m carrying nukes, I′ll continue to work hard." 

High Schooler King of Life is about a teenager who lives a double life as a student and a high positioned office worker. The drama was written by Yang Hee SEung and Cho Sung Hee, who have created hit sitcoms such as Soon Poon Gynecology, Three Men, Three Women, and the High Kick series. 

Lee Soo Hyuk plays Yoo Jin Woo, the hidden son of a CEO. He will be rivaling Min Suk (Seo In Guk) in love and work.

The first episode will air on June 16. 

Photo Credit: Hea Jung Min

Source: http://mwave.interest.me/

[Star of the Week] Kim Woo Bin′s Past, Present and Future Best Friends

95615164.jpg

The ‘White Christmas’ Model Boys

In the days of his flaming red hair, Kim Woo Bin debuted as an actor in KBS’ White Christmas, where he was given a chance to act among his model friends. 

Kim Young Kwang, Lee Soo Hyuk, Hong Jong Hyun, Sung Jun, and Kim Woo Bin all starred in this 8-episode drama, paving the way for these models’ acting careers. 

These boys were probably friends already from their modeling careers, but White Christmas seemed to seal the deal as they each started going in different career directions, while still maintaining their close friendship. They even used a program as an excuse to go on a road trip together.

All we can say is please stay friends forever. 
And maybe come out in another drama together. 

Source:  http://mwave.interest.me/

• Like 1

Kim Woo Bin, Sung Joon, Lee Soo Hyuk and Hong Jong Hyun Gather for ‘Style Log’

Even just the name will get your heart racing, but the ‘Model F4,’ Lee Soo Hyuk, Hong Jong Hyuk, Kim Woo Bin, and Sung Joon will be traveling together for OnStyle’s Style Log. 

On September 9 at 9PM and 11PM (KST), Style Log’s ‘Playboys’ segment will show MCs Lee Soo Hyuk and Hong Jong Hyun scouting their close friends, Kim Woo Bin and Sung Joon to participate in water sports in Gapyeong.

45584002.jpg

For their trip, the four best friends stopped by the grocery store and enjoyed each other’s company during the long car ride. 

Spoiler

Especially on this broadcast, Lee Soo Hyuk, Hong Jong Hyuk, and Sung Joon decided to play a hidden camera joke on Kim Woo Bin. Many strange things started to happen to Kim Woo Bin, making him close to crying as the playfulness of the flower boys were unveiled for the camera. Not only that, the innocent charms of Kim Woo Bin will be revealed, making it almost certain that female viewers will fall for Kim Woo Bin – if not yet already.

After finally arriving at their destination, the four men experienced the currently hot ‘Fly Board.’ 
Before trying it out, Sung Joon boasted that he plans on flying like Iron Man, but to see which of the four is the most athletic, make sure to catch the whole on September 9. 

Meanwhile, Lee Soo Hyuk and Hong Jong Hyun will also share the hottest news during the ‘Hip 7’ and talk about the works of a famed photographer in ‘Gallery 323.’

Photo Credit: OnStyle

Source:  http://mwave.interest.me/

-----

btw I'm not sure if I'm allowed to post this (I'm new to these forums sorry) but you can watch Style Log with English subs here :http://yubisubs.blogspot.co.uk/2013/12/yubisubs-lee-soohyuk-hong-jonghyun_9.html

The entire series is there ^o^

And just in case anyone is wondering, the super catchy song that plays at the beginning is 'Midnight City - M83' 

and the one at the end is 'Can't Slow Down - Robert M ft. Nicco 

Edited by rainmoon
multiple images

new instagram updates from our SooHyukSoo

this ones caption is funny "MBS Lucky Romance 'Choi Gun Wook' age 24. Age 24 .......24... 56789..... "

lol but I think he passes as a 24 year old easily!

i'm not a huge fan of the new hairstyle as it looks in this selca, b/c they've made his hair look really thin

but maybe i'll get used to it ^_^

• Like 1

Our SooHyukSoo doesn't appear in this particular vid but the comment is interesting she says they are still filming even though it's past 1:30am in the morning aigooooo

he must also be shooting his part somewhere even when it's super late. The schedule must be draining -,- 

• Like 1

He filmed again today ! And also updated his instagram again:

Spoiler

he has such a distinct shadow lol u can tell it's him with one glance

i want more pics of his face though ¬_¬

and the shooting pics:

and a pretty smile : )

the hairstyle looks a LOT better when styled

I think I can get used to it ^^ I still think his long black hair swept back is best though

and one final vid of him, i think this was from a few days ago but only just got uploaded

Edited by rainmoon
multiple images

anyway i know im talking to myself in this topic (lol) but i'mma ask anyway: should i post old content too since going back on this thread it's kinda empty? or shall i stick to new content only. b/c if so, this thread may be a little slow between now and whenever the drama airs. But then again, even when it does air if no one is here to post then there will be no one to dicuss characters and plot development with - _ -

So, i'm kinda leaning towards posting old content and new content like I did a few days ago with the model avengers so that this thread can kinda be a resource for all things Lee Soo Hyuk

but if you want it to be strictly for new things lemme know

• Like 2