Guest rainbow*

• Replies 77
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Top Posters In This Topic

Guest AddiCOFFEE

I thought the pace of this movie is a bit slow

but other than that, it was good. Will Smith

did an excellent job. His son is so adorable aslo.

Guest singerchick

The movie was a bit long, but the overall message was extremely inspiriational.

I was so taken aback by Will's seriousness (because I'm used to his mellow character in Fresh Prince) that everytime he cried, I found myself on the verge of the tears.

I enjoyed the last half of the movie, that for me was the most emotional and heart wrenching part.

Guest xkOreanbimbOx

the story may have been inspirational, but the movie itself was boring. it was slow like none other, and really had no high point. the kid was cute, and he made it funny here and there, but other then that i was deeply disappointed.

This movie is pretty good...not as good as Blood Diamond...but is still one of the better movies that came out recently.

It has many messages...the obvious one is if you fall down...don't stay down...you have to get up and keep trying...

But I like its subliminal messages...the message about life and relationship.

Poverty can destroy a relationship very quickly.

When people don't have money...they have no time to think about love...express love or give love...love is a luxury.

Money is always on their mind...driving them crazy...pushing them to the corner.

Sometimes...it's good for us to see a movie like this.

It brings us back to reality...makes us realize that there are other issues besides love.

You can't afford to fall in love when you have to worry about important issues like survival...hehe...

The movie is very real...life is cruel but we just have to do the best we can.

I can see why many of you don't like it...it's not entertaining because it's too real...almost like a documentary.

This was a good movie indeed. Will Smith's son is just so adorable! I kept thinking this is the cutest little kid! It shows how amazing a human being can actually be. It's really a movie about never giving up. Will did a great job. He came so far from the Fresh Prince that everyone knows him as.

This movie is pretty good...not as good as Blood Diamond...but is still one of the better movies that came out recently.

It has many messages...the obvious one is if you fall down...don't stay down...you have to get up and keep trying...

But I like its subliminal messages...the message about life and relationship.

Poverty can destroy a relationship very quickly.

When people don't have money...they have no time to think about love...express love or give love...love is a luxury.

Money is always on their mind...driving them crazy...pushing them to the corner.

Sometimes...it's good for us to see a movie like this.

It brings us back to reality...makes us realize that there are other issues besides love.

You can't afford to fall in love when you have to worry about important issues like survival...hehe...

The movie is very real...life is cruel but we just have to do the best we can.

I can see why many of you don't like it...it's not entertaining because it's too real...almost like a documentary.

I agree with your post it was very insightful...

Guest khixuatabe

i recommend everyone to watch this..it's the most inspirational movie ever! i cried soo many friggen times and i can't stop thinking abt the movie

Guest iAM_Vindicated

such a great movie. i very much enjoyed it and i got weepy in about two scenes which i wont name. will smith is such a great actor and i knew this from the start. he relaly got into the character and i would watch this twice

Guest ITS VIVIAN! =D

I LOVE this movie. I read about the true story about a year ago, and recently found out hollywood made a movie about it. It turned out just the way i expected. It's a very touching story, the part where they were literally kicked out of the motel made my eyes all watery. (when they are in the trainstation bathroom)

I watched this the other day and I agree about it being inspirational. It was sorta too long though. & I also agree with a post up there^ about it being not that entertaining because it was 'too real'. Nevertheless, it was a very good performance from Will Smith. I've seen way too much of Fresh Prince that I almost expected Will to burst out into his Fresh Prince character. I don't know where I'm going with this post. I told my brother about the 'guy who was drowning' joke told in the movie, and now he keeps telling everybody.

I knew nothing about this movie going into it but it turned out to be a rather enjoyable movie. Thumbs up to his kid for that awesome performance. The joke about God and the drowning man made me laugh. I wonder if that was scripted...along with the "nobody" joke....that was actually the first time I heard it.

Anyways...Good movie...mmmm...8/10

And I thought the pacing of the movie was rather perfect. It made you feel like you were with him the whole time. Like that's how long it took for the real Chris Gardner to work his way up and around his life. From selling the xrays, to losing his wife, getting a evicted (twice), intern, being homeless, sleeping in a bathroom, etc etc.

Guest JenniFOO

I just got home from this movie. Absolutely amazing. Although I did walk into the theatre prepared for a good cry. I didn't shed one tear. Didn't get misty or anything, but at the same time, it totally got to me. If I had paid for this movie, I would've said "Money well spent", lol. And I think Will Smith is foxy. <3 BONUS! haha His son is so adorable. Love the little 'fro he's got going on. Honestly, when this movie comes out on DVD, I think I'm going to buy it. It certainly seems worth it. And once in awhile, its nice to have a movie that I can just pop in that reminds me about how life is just not as peachy-keen as you hope it'd be, but you still have to keep on living it. And that if you want to make a difference, then its you who should be working to make that difference.

All in all; great movie. Totally recommend that everyone go see it.

Guest manlytoe

aw man.. when it came out, i hecka wanted to watch it, but shoot.. i kinda got lazy and decided to wait until it's out on DVD.. man.. i heard it was really good!!!

will smith my get an emmy for his role in this movie!!!!

the mvie is really inspiring!!!! can't wait to see it.. lol!!!!

i saw this movie over winter break and it was so inspiring and it made me cry too...will was a really good actor in this movie!

Archived