Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

more scaps from the AK-FS photoshoot :wub:

we're no longer dreamers but TRYers :lol:

T-aehee

R-aewon

Y-EARNers

:lol:

Thanks for the pics, Im not much fan of the Andre Kim line, though i thought it was sweet he did one in Cambodia and mixed in with Korean culture. But that is soo corny i love it!! TRYers, too cute.

oh wait, what the reporter meant by obvious answers? From the very beginning, sci-fi fantasy is known not to be selling in Korea, that should be the main and obvious reason instead. And what is meant by sold ONLY 1.5 million tickets? It is obviously a good figure already, putting aside the production cost invested. do some research, there are many other movies who don't even cross the 1 million mark.

Since the reporter used the word 'debut', it has obviously tell you that it's her first try being an movie actress. Be fair to her. Dig out veteran actresses' debut movie, and let's judge how they fare. Everyone has to go through that stage, many are not born to act.

I watched 'The Restless' twice, unless I am blind, the critics should tell me what is clumsy acting? And it's an insult to the director as well. The director can jollly well pick other better actress rather than Tae Hee, if she really can't act.

Words for reporters out there. Put yourself in others shoes. If it hurts you when someone put you down criticising your work, it hurts others too.

If you insult Kim Tae Hee, you are insulting her fans too :crazy::angry:

Guest reigne80

that article was indeed an exaggeration that makes it unbelievable already... it may be the story/kind of film that made the movie not so successful in the box office - but definitely it's not the acting skills of kth! no way! - she's a brilliant actress! im sure she did her best as regards to her acting in that movie....

Guest istatowin

Thanks for the pics, Im not much fan of the Andre Kim line, though i thought it was sweet he did one in Cambodia and mixed in with Korean culture. But that is soo corny i love it!! TRYers, too cute.

:lol: but what a dreamer this TRYer is :lol:

not really a fan of AK line too..though i loved some of their creations in their 2005 Seoul U flick :)

oh wait, what the reporter meant by obvious answers? From the very beginning, sci-fi fantasy is known not to be selling in Korea, that should be the main and obvious reason instead. And what is meant by sold ONLY 1.5 million tickets? It is obviously a good figure already, putting aside the production cost invested. do some research, there are many other movies who don't even cross the 1 million mark.

Since the reporter used the word 'debut', it has obviously tell you that it's her first try being an movie actress. Be fair to her. Dig out veteran actresses' debut movie, and let's judge how they fare. Everyone has to go through that stage, many are not born to act.

I watched 'The Restless' twice, unless I am blind, the critics should tell me what is clumsy acting? And it's an insult to the director as well. The director can jollly well pick other better actress rather than Tae Hee, if she really can't act.

Words for reporters out there. Put yourself in others shoes. If it hurts you when someone put you down critising your work, it hurts others too.

actually, i really found that article offensive...its like telling me, that i have a "bad taste" when it comes to choosing the actress/celeb to support! :crazy: but really i was laughing while reading it a while ago ..its badly written :rolleyes::lol:

Guest istatowin

that article was indeed an exaggeration that makes it unbelievable already... it may be the story/kind of film that made the movie not so successful in the box office - but definitely it's not the acting skills of kth! no way! - she's a brilliant actress! im sure she did her best as regards to her acting in that movie....

i believe its the storyline/theme that determines the success of any movie...if the storyline/theme is good it will certainly appeal to the viewers who's interested in a particular genre. be it drama, comedy, fantasy, horror, family-oriented, historical, etc.

i agree she may not be the best (for me she is :lol: ) but i find her acting par excellence in LSIH! i love the way she attacks her role with silent intensity..

i hope this kind of article is not making her sad :(

Guest istatowin

reaction of SU IN LEE @ AF re: AD QUEENS...

I can't see the logic or rationale behind this notion from film critics. In the first place, there is none at all. For sure they know that it is Tae-hee's debut on the big screen; so why do they have to reduce Kim Tae-hee so fast as a very prominent figure in the industry and yet she can't make it good on the big screen? I find their pathetic criticism irrational!

In chemistry, which is one of my majors, conducting an experiment requires a number of "runs" because a single "run" will surely be problematic. With "problematic", it means that there is the complete absence of accuracy and precision; hence, the entirety of the experiment is MEANINGLESS and USELESS. A conclusion generated from a single run means nothing but crap. So an experimenter should AT LEAST have three runs.

I believe the same applies to Kim Tae-hee's case. Why do these film critics generalize so abruptly? Do they know what they are saying? Are they real film critics in the first place? I don't think so.

P.S. I may sound "different" with this, guys. I apologize for being so but I'm just really disappointed with the BLATANT BIAS in that particular news article. Of course, every news article entails even the smallest percentage of bias. The one there is just too much that I can't help but to rage in fury.

:lol: :lol:

i believe its the storyline/theme that determines the success of any movie...if the storyline/theme is good it will certainly appeal to the viewers who's interested in a particular genre. be it drama, comedy, fantasy, horror, family-oriented, historical, etc.

i agree she may not be the best (for me she is :lol: ) but i find her acting par excellence in LSIH! i love the way she attacks her role with silent intensity..

i hope this kind of article is not making her sad :(

yes exactly... the storyline is the main factor... audience don't just watch the trailers and concludes that he/she can/cannot act.. they have to be attracted by the story before deciding to get a ticket into the cinema.. most of the time, critics do their reviews based on their own's perception and it's subjective.. they are human afterall with their own emotions... now i am doubting how professional those critics and reporters are...

Tae Hee is not the best when comes to acting.. but definitely the worthy actress we should support... I hope she is handling this well when she gets to read such reports...

we shall all write back to the reporter to voice our opinions.. <_<

Guest istatowin

yes exactly... the storyline is the main factor... audience don't just watch the trailers and concludes that he/she can/cannot act.. they have to be attracted by the story before deciding to get a ticket into the cinema.. most of the time, critics do their reviews based on their own's perception and it's subjective.. they are human afterall with their own emotions... now i am doubting how professional those critics and reporters are...

Tae Hee is not the best when comes to acting.. but definitely the worthy actress we should support... I hope she is handling this well when she gets to read such reports...

we shall all write back to the reporter to voice our opinions.. <_<

like the idea :)

but how? :D through arirang?

Guest AlecRuby

I am always going to support her no matter what. Her acting wasn't clumsy, because the main male lead said she work really hard on it. If I tell anyone to act like a spirit it is going to be pretty hard, I mean do you know what a spirit feel like. It's all based on people's opinion, if my opinion is she is good than she is good, if your opinion is different than that's that.

Guest localpinoy

haha localpinoy now i wonder what pic of KTH made u fall for her on instant :w00t: she must really be SPECIAL :)

it was when she was wearing black...and i think it was a wallpaper by cyon, but it said "cyon feel good" in the background. it was a really close up pictures so i just got mesmerized by her eyes.

sci-fi fantasy is known not to be selling in Korea, that should be the main and obvious reason instead. And what is meant by sold ONLY 1.5 million tickets? It is obviously a good figure already, putting aside the production cost invested. do some research, there are many other movies who don't even cross the 1 million mark.

Words for reporters out there. Put yourself in others shoes. If it hurts you when someone put you down criticising your work, it hurts others too.

i totally agree with you beary. its unfortunate how reporters say her acting was "weak" because it was her first movie and she decided to take a tough role in a genre that's not as well-liked as the other genres. and yes beary, the director MUST have thought that kim tae hee was the best actress for the part because directors don't sought out for parts, actors and actresses try out for parts in order to convince the director to believe they are right for the part.

besides...critics are critics. what i love about that is i bet kim tae hee is just using it for motivation. other "weak" actors and actresses would stay out of the business after a topple at the box office...but shes already working on her next project.

however, i bet they would get more money if they let movies play a little longer in theaters. i heard it was a deal with the US that they had to decrease the amount of days that movies could be played the theaters after the release....what's up with that??? :blink:

i just think that the "Article" in itself is one big huge oxymoron .. lol and yes if you mess with tae hee, you are going to have to deal with her fans. clumsy acting .. comment, how is that possible, everyone knows that tae hee spent alot of prepartation and time to even TRY and protray the "impossible" character of so-hwa .. lol i want them to find someone to protray so-hwa the exact way that they wanted the character so-hwa to be protrayed, and i too can list 9023942934 mistakes, and it would probably make less money than what the restless is making now .. putting the "lack of success" of the restless all on tae hee's shoulders is a bit too harsh imo for any article or editoral, theres so many other factors that cause a "blockbuster" to "fail" .. blah

whatever .. im tired of petty articles .. until they find someone that can do better than tae hee, im still going to stand my ground ..

btw thanks isatowin for more of the 3pg s .. lol .. you are making my phone more enjoyable :) ..

Hiya!!!

Guess what??!! I just bought LG phone,gotta give fully credit to KTH as I decided to buy this becoz of her. Not a Chocolate btw.

Read that lame article,it's not all taehee's fault that this film didn't sucess in South-Korea. Actually ticket thingy's not main the factor to consider how good films are!!

I just watched Blooed Diamond yesterday and you know this film doesn't earn much in US also but it's going very well in Gloden globe or something. And Im pretty sure Restless will do good run in other countries outside Korea as this kind of films don't fit with Korean taste.

Ista,Syah,Beary,Ice_cryst,soy........ have a nice week!!!

btw .. haha i was tempted to get a LG phone also because of tae hee .. but the thing is my mom has a lg phone, and i dont really like them, so instead because of wang leehom im stuck with a sony walkman ecrisson.

but i agree with you, there are alot of indie films that get a lot of critical support .. but i frankly dont think the restless is one of them, and i dont want to blame this on anyone .. but dang .. it think it would have been nicer to have made the movie a wee bit longer with tae hee parts, even though i have yet to see the movie, by reading the articles with regards to the movie , it seems like they had cut out a good chunk of material ><

better luck next time i guess

Guest badhairday

Wow, I'm reading everybody's response to the article and I couldn't agree more with what some of you are posting. Everybody knows how I feel about KTH's acting. Yes I agree that she's not the best actress, but again she is definitely not the worse either. I haven't seen the Restless so I can't really comment on her acting there... but I must defend her in Stairway to heaven since I thought she did a commendable job in that series. Her acting is limited in Gumiho.. but I attribute that to her character.

It's funny how everybody needs somebody to blame when things don't go the way they plan and it appears that these actresses are the easiest scapegoat. I doubt another actress taking the place of these 4 actresses in thier respective roles would have made the movie do better. Plot and genre are a big factor for a series success.

As everybody says, if it wasn't because the Restless' budget was outrageous to begin with, it would have been a success. It's like saying King Kong from Peter Jackson was a flop because it only made $100 million when it's budget was $150 million (this is only an example and the figures are made up). Getting to the $100mil is a milestone for any movie in the US.

Guest istatowin

lala hyun bin and tae hee :) .. im watching mnikss again, and gosh hyun bin is such a cutie :)

4bfrpkh.jpg

kim klan !

ahahha soy! so cute :lol:

it was when she was wearing black...and i think it was a wallpaper by cyon, but it said "cyon feel good" in the background. it was a really close up pictures so i just got mesmerized by her eyes.

i totally agree with you beary. its unfortunate how reporters say her acting was "weak" because it was her first movie and she decided to take a tough role in a genre that's not as well-liked as the other genres. and yes beary, the director MUST have thought that kim tae hee was the best actress for the part because directors don't sought out for parts, actors and actresses try out for parts in order to convince the director to believe they are right for the part.

haha! u were hypnotized by her charm :lol:

i heard KTH dun wanna take the role at first but the restless camp insisted the role to her...i think she was the only candidate to take so hwas charcter :)

Wow, the response to the article was overwhelming!

It's documented, as beary said, sci-fi fantasy epics rarely blow up the box office in Korea so it's no surprise The Restless has been considered a local "flop." But I think it has the international appeal to earn attention overseas... fingers crossed!!

As a fan I know it's hard not to take another person's criticism to heart but when it comes down to it, as long as we continue to support Tae-Hee, that's the most important thing. Good or bad, I'm sure the comments will only help her to become a better artist professionally... so... I can't wait for her next project!!! :)

Guest istatowin

i just think that the "Article" in itself is one big huge oxymoron .. lol and yes if you mess with tae hee, you are going to have to deal with her fans. clumsy acting .. comment, how is that possible, everyone knows that tae hee spent alot of prepartation and time to even TRY and protray the "impossible" character of so-hwa .. lol i want them to find someone to protray so-hwa the exact way that they wanted the character so-hwa to be protrayed, and i too can list 9023942934 mistakes, and it would probably make less money than what the restless is making now .. putting the "lack of success" of the restless all on tae hee's shoulders is a bit too harsh imo for any article or editoral, theres so many other factors that cause a "blockbuster" to "fail" .. blah

whatever .. im tired of petty articles .. until they find someone that can do better than tae hee, im still going to stand my ground ..

btw thanks isatowin for more of the 3pg s .. lol .. you are making my phone more enjoyable :) ..

*joining soy on the "same ground"* :lol:

lets thank tapcie for that :lol:

Wow, the response to the article was overwhelming!

It's documented, as beary said, sci-fi fantasy epics rarely blow up the box office in Korea so it's no surprise The Restless has been considered a local "flop." But I think it has the international appeal to earn attention overseas... fingers crossed!!

As a fan I know it's hard not to take another person's criticism to heart but when it comes down to it, as long as we continue to support Tae-Hee, that's the most important thing. Good or bad, I'm sure the comments will only help her to become a better artist professionally... so... I can't wait for her next project!!! :)

actually im more calm now :lol: thanks for the word of wisdom :D lets just hope for it to do better internationally :)

There is an interview done with a representative of Namoo Actors. It's a long article and this is roughly what I can understand.

He was asked about the criticisms of Tae Hee's acting in The Restless. He replied saying that she did well. Sohwa has a lovely personality and she made the character seems alive. When asked on Tae Hee's take on this, he replied that she did not regret about it as she had did her best. She accepted the end results. She will be definitely be well prepared for her 2nd movie.

oh, i am so proud of this girl, like her positive and never-give-up attitude. Nothing can make her fall, I see a great actress in the making ;) I guess nothing comes easy and I believe she is on her way to success :)

Full Article http://news.media.daum.net/entertain/movie.../v15422339.html