Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

*** A closer look at Kim Tae Hee’s visual at 43 based from BTS clip, while she no longer looks as youthful as from “Love Story in Harvard” days, but, her beauty never fades for a single moment. She's still as beautiful as ever!   :Ohboy3:

*** Kim Tae Hee said during the presscon, “Though thriller is an unfamiliar genre for me, the storyline was exciting. When I finished reading the script for the first episode, I was eager to find out what would happen next. Simply imagining myself playing Joo-ran made my heart race. I feel that our series is a well-made project that will satisfy thriller fans' passion for suspense. I didn’t feel a lot of pressure with viewership, but I hope the series will be enjoyed by as many people as possible.” The director said, “‘Lies Hidden in My Garden’ did not have a lot of dialogue. The characters’ psychological state and emotions were expressed through texts in many cases. So I tried to explain and present the characters with various camera angles, shots with symbolic props, and show their facial expressions, among others.” 

The drama pre-sold its distribution rights to 190 countries before its premiere. “Lies Hidden in My Garden” premieres at 10 p.m. on Monday, with new episodes to be released on Mondays and Tuesdays on local cable channel ENA and on global streaming platforms Netflix, Amazon Prime, Hulu Japan, iQIYI and Rakuten Viki.   :heart:

credit : Korea Herald

*** Also, Kim Tae Hee said during the presscon, “I had not realized that it had been three years since my last television role. I am very excited to be returning to the small screen. ‘Lies Hidden in My Garden’ is a mystery thriller which is not a genre familiar to me, but I was deeply intrigued by the script.” Lim Ji-yeon said, “It is a great honor to have had this opportunity to work with Kim. We relied a lot on each other while playing our respective roles in ‘Lies Hidden in My Garden,’ and I have learned a lot in the process.”

credit : JoongAngDaily

Kim Tae Hee and Im Ji Yeon for Elle Korea

garden gals

8d8ee293-6108-40bf-9eae-b644e45930bd.jpg

20230619_203059.jpg?w=1024

20230619_203045.jpg?w=1024

source : https://breathlesssurvival.wordpress.com/2023/06/19/garden-gals/

______________________________________________________________________________________________

*** On the afternoon of June 19th, the press conference of Genie TV’s original series “Lies Hidden in My Garden” was held at Stanford Hotel Grand Ballroom in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. Actors Kim Tae Hee, Lim Ji Yeon, Kim Sung Oh, Choi Jae Rim and director Jung Ji Hyun attended the event. Prior to her, her husband Rain also worked with Lim Ji Yeon as a married couple through MBC’s “Welcome 2 Life” in 2019. When asked if she had heard any advice from Rain related to Lim Ji Yeon, Kim Tae Hee said, “Actually, we rarely talk about work. We didn’t talk much about it in detail, but he told me that Lim Jiyeon is a great actress. He's all praise for her. He said she’s very easy-going, easy to work with on set.”    :heart2:

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003741606

• Like 1

*** During Kim Tae Hee's appearance as a guest for SBS PowerFM's "Park Ha Sun's Cinetown," she shares on the behind-the-scenes secrets and what to expect in her new K-drama. She also shares why she doesn’t use editing apps for Instagram selfies. Kim Tae Hee hints at what to expect in her role. She said that the focus of "Lies Hidden in My Garden" is a story of a woman "who believes that she has a stable life as a housewife with a handsome doctor husband, but cracks begin to appear in her life when she detects a strange smell coming from the yard." Because of this, Joo Ran "suspects everything around her." She said that she "was amazed" with how Lim Ji Yeon performed on the set". "I think Lim Ji Yeon's presence on set as Sang Eun allowed me to evoke those emotions well." Kim Tae Hee is also active on social media. Although she likes to keep her personal life private, she often posts behind-the-scenes photos of her activities, including shoots and K-drama filming. However, she says that she is not a pro when it comes to selfies. She says that she doesn't do this often because she is "not good at taking selfies. Kim Tae Hee also revealed why she refuses to edit her posts because of one thing. She explained - "Editing photos with apps also takes quite a lot of time, so I only adjust the filters and layouts. I don't do anything else." As of this writing, her Instagram has over 584,000 followers,  and her latest upload was from the "Lies Hidden in My Garden" press conference.   :kaching1:

lies-hidden-in-my-garden-poster.jpg?w=82

source : Kdramastars

*** “Lies Hidden In My Garden” premiered on Prime Video on June 19. Manila Bulletin asked Kim Tae-hee about starring in the new drama project.  "It was truly an honor and enjoyable experience for me because I was able to work with a director that I've always been a fan of as well as the members of the cast who I've been a long time fan of,” she said. Kim Tae-hee added, “I was nervous and anxious at the initial script reading. However when I was on set, thanks to all the cast members and the director, I felt very comfortable and at home as I performed. When I wrap up a particular project, I tend to feel a little bittersweet. However, this time the bitterness lingered for a little bit more because I almost ached for the character Joo-ran or I felt like I almost missed her. So there was a time when the shoot wrapped up, I felt a little lonely and empty inside.” During the interview, Kim Tae-hee was also asked about starring in a thriller genre.  “I think it was not so much that I was drawn to the genre that is thriller. Thriller genre is not something I’m usually drawn to or something that I watch often. It’s actually a genre and character that’s also something that I’m unfamiliar with,” she said. Kim Tae-hee added, ““However, when I read the script, I was really intrigued and after reading episode 1, I wanted to know what episode 2 was going to be about. So it really tapped into my curiosity and I also wanted to learn more about the character Joo-ran. She could be someone who could be rather strange to some other people but when you look at the history that she had gone through, including her childhood and her relationship with her husband, I thought she could be a character that I could truly understand and relate to. I think I was more immersed into the character and I think I was intuitively drawn to the story.”

“Lies Hidden In My Garden” is now streaming on Prime Video.   :Ohboy3:

Lies2_77080d20ee.jpg

credit : https://mb.com.ph/2023/6/20/k-drama-lies-hidden-in-my-garden-starring-kim-tae-hee-lim-ji-yeon-premieres-on-prime-video

Kim Tae Hee “My husband Rain said Lim Jiyeon is a great actress”

202306191554376076_1_20230619155502646.j

Actress Kim Tae Hee revealed the praise for Lim Ji Yeon she heard from her husband Rain (Jung Ji Hoon).

On the afternoon of June 19th, the press conference of Genie TV’s original series “Lies Hidden in My Garden” (written by Gianni, directed by Jung Ji Hyun) was held at Stanford Hotel Grand Ballroom in Sangam-dong, Mapo-gu, Seoul. Actors Kim Tae Hee, Lim Ji Yeon, Kim Sung Oh, Choi Jae Rim and director Jung Ji Hyun attended the event.

Prior to Kim Tae Hee, her husband Rain also worked with Lim Ji Yeon as a married couple through MBC’s “Welcome 2 Life” in 2019. When asked if she had heard any advice from Rain related to Lim Ji Yeon, Kim Tae Hee carefully said, “Actually, we rarely talk about work.

She added, “We didn’t talk much about it in detail, but he told me that (Lim Ji Yeon) is a great actress and she’s very easy-going, easy to work with on set.”

Based on the bestseller of the same name, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is a suspense thriller drama where two women, who were living completely different lives, meet and unfold a story due to a mysterious smell coming from the garden. It is helmed by director Jung Ji Hyun of “Search: WWW” and “Twenty-Five Twenty-One”.

The first episode was aired at 10 PM on June 19th.

source : https://entertain.naver.com/ranking/read?oid=117&aid=0003741606

*** On June 19th, Kim Tae Hee appeared as a guest on SBS Power FM’s “Park Ha Sun’s Cinetown”, a live radio broadcast. Here, she said, “It’s almost my first time doing a live radio broadcast. I have a memory of doing it when I was a rookie, but it’s been a long time.” During this same radio appearance, Kim Tae Hee made a clarification regarding her “mother phone case”, which has been drawing attention. In particular, she explained, “It’s not the leather case that mothers often use. Originally, it was an elegant light lemon color. The staff gave me this phone case during the filming of the drama ‘Hi Bye, Mama!’ and I thought it was very pretty, so I often used it. However, at that time, since COVID-19 was prevalent, I had to clean it every day with disinfectant, which caused the color to change”. Previously, on her appearance on the YouTube channel “MMTG”, Kim Tae Hee mentioned her phone case as well.   :kisslevel:

img_20230619161146_40b04056.webp

source : https://www.wikitree.co.kr/articles/863101

*** The June 19th broadcast of SBS PowerFM’s “Park Ha Sun’s Cinetown” featured Kim Tae Hee as a guest. When asked if it was her first meeting with Park Ha Sun, Kim Tae Hee said, “It’s not our first time. I met her as parents at a talent show at our children’s kindergarten. I worked with Ryu Soo Young oppa in the drama ‘My Princess’, so we became close to each other. It was great to meet her again after a long time”. Park Ha Sun smiled and replied, “I heard many good stories about you.” One radio listener asked Kim Tae Hee, “If someone you love suddenly turned into a cockroach one day, how would you feel?”. Kim Tae Hee expressed her affection for her child, saying, “It would be like a scene from a thriller, and I would have to redecorate the house with a garden and raise them well”. Kim Tae Hee also talked about her chemistry with Kim Sung Oh, who portrays Moon Joo Ran’s husband Park Jae Ho. She said, “Actors often worry about scenes involving physical contact or fights because they might accidentally hurt each other, but senior actor Kim Sung Oh is really fearless”, adding “Even when his face didn’t appear on camera, he immersed himself in the scene, allowing me to feel the genuine emotions of the drama and react accordingly. Our on-screen chemistry was great, but sometimes I went home with bleeding wounds and bruises on my arms. When the camera started rolling, Kim Sung Oh’s gaze immediately changed. He showed a rough image during the filming, but as soon the director said ‘Cut’, he would become so friendly and love to engage in personal conversations.”   :ohboy2:

source : https://v.daum.net/v/20230619120011123

*** I'm glad that "Lies Hidden In My Garden" is receiving rave reviews. The drama  aired its first episode on June 19th. It opened strong to audiences, with many commenting positive reviews after the show’s first episode. It’s fun, but it is realistically scary. It is a thriller, and each frame seems to be shot with purpose. It was chilling. The story isn’t predictable and there isn’t much dialogue, but it makes you anxious.   :kaching1:

c0-Tgt_URlC0hNL0owoxSFSEppzWFsQdAB5usb_u

_________________________________________________________________________________________________

*** The couple, RAIN and Kim Tae Hee are the models for this massage chair.   :heart2:

Bodyfriend launches massage chair with body composition analyzer

South Korea’s leading massage chair maker Bodyfriend on Thursday launched a new massage chair, called Davinci, which analyzes users’ body composition and offers more customized massage options.

“It has been widely accepted that massage chairs are mostly used by older generations. But the newly launched massage chair featuring bioelectrical impedance analysis is expected to appeal to younger generations,” Bodyfriend Chief Marketing Officer Song Seung-ho said during the launch event held in Seoul.

Bioelectrical impedance analysis is a method that estimates the muscle and body fat composition one has by running a small electrical current through the body.

Based on its own analysis, the massage chair categorizes users’ body types into nine different categories and provides three different types of massage options, according to the company.

The new massage chair also can keep records of users’ body composition, allowing them to monitor changes in their bodies on a daily, weekly, monthly and yearly basis.

The chair, equipped with an 8.7-inch mobile tablet, also allows users to check the body composition data and make adjustments to the chair options.

Bodyfriend said it is the first time for a massage chair maker to add body composition analysis to their massage chair products.

To appeal to a wider customer base, Davinci has also adopted a supercar design in collaboration with Italdesign, an Italian design and engineering company.

“If Bodyfriend’s Phantom Medical Care massage chair (its predecessor) was developed for treating minor neck muscle pain, Davinci has been made to target people who are more physically active,” said Cho Soo-hyun, executive director of Bodyfriend Healthcare Medical R&D Center.

The company aims to sell 10,000 units of the Davinci chair per year, which will make up almost 10 percent of its total revenue.

Song, the marketing chief, also hinted at a strategic shift in the company’s overseas expansion.

“Over the past five to six years, Bodyfriend had sought to expand its presence in overseas markets by opening new stores directly, but it has been a slow process. In the future, we will work together with local dealers to accelerate our business expansion,” he said.

By Shim Woo-hyun (ws@heraldcorp.com)

credit : Korea Herald

Netizens react to Kim Tae Hee’s new drama “Lies Hidden in My Garden”

After the first episode aired, the drama received a lot of praise.

Below are some notable comments from international fans:

• The cinematography and dark atmosphere in “Lies Hidden in My Garden” is truly fantastic.
  • This work is interesting right from the first episode. It arouses curiosity in me. I’m looking forward to watching the next episode.
  • This drama brings a dark, mysterious, and chilling atmosphere. It’s a bit creepy, but that’s great. I really enjoyed the first episode.
  • It seems to be a high-quality series. I can’t wait to know future developments

On the other hand, “Lies Hidden in My Garden” airs every Monday and Tuesday on ENA.

Source: Mydramalist

*** On June 19th, a “Shorts” video titled “Who has ever drunk the coffee Kim Tae Hee bought? Me” was uploaded on the YouTube channel “MMTG”. She appeared on the show on June 15th. At that time, she was the first to be eliminated while playing “ventriloquism game” with Choi Jae Rim, Kim Sung Oh and Jaejae for coffee. Jaejae, the host said “Please buy us coffee” and Kim Tae Hee replied coolly, “Okay.” Afterwards, she actually sent to the set of the show coffee and egg tarts for the staff. Jaejae was touched, saying, “What’s this all about? Did Tae Hee really send this? I needed caffeine, thank you very much.“ The production team asked Jaejae, who got on the elevator while drinking coffee, “Does it taste different?” Jaejae boasted, “Of course. It’s coffee from Tae Hee.” Holding a box of egg tarts, Jaejae thanked Kim Tae Hee, “Portuguese egg tarts? Wow, how do you know that I haven’t been to Portugal? Tae Hee, who keeps her words, is the best.”   :7555_attack:

source : https://news.nate.com/view/20230620n02778?mid=n1008

*** Kim Tae Hee recently revealed her passion for acting in her interview with Arena Homme Korea. She expressed, “I want to be an actress who leaves people curious about my next project.” Making her grand comeback in the GenieTV original series "Lies Hidden in My Garden," she took her first plunge into the thriller genre. Describing her experience, she said, “Lies Hidden in My Garden and my character Moon Ju Ran were completely new territory for me. I did not approach the role with the mindset of showcasing a completely different Kim Tae Hee. I did not meticulously calculate my performance, instead, I simply thought, ‘I am Ju Ran’.” Having been a part of numerous box office hits from Stairway to Heaven to Yong Pal, she considered Grand Prix as a turning point in her acting career. “Grand Prix served as the first major milestone in my acting life,” she shared. “It was the first time I met senior actor Yang Dong Geun. From him, I learned the depth of character immersion, different interpretations and expressions of the same scene, and what elements are essential to bring a scene to life,” she added, revealing her admiration. As for her future, she aspires to be an actress whose upcoming work still piques curiosity even 20 years down the line. “If I can still act 20 years from now, it would be a true blessing. I also desire to become a more approachable actor. Those who know me are aware that I’m a very down-to-earth, ordinary person, but the viewers may not know this. I

hope to come across as a more relatable, humane figure, both on and off screen,” she concluded.   :wut:

53903-516547-sample.jpg

53903-516545-sample.jpg

53903-516548-sample.jpg

*** In the drama “Lies Hidden in My Garden”, which premiered on June 19th, Kim Tae Hee showcased various fashion styles. Among them, a notable outfit was the silk robe which she wore in two consecutive episodes. Particularly, in the 1st episode, she put on a modern and calm-toned gray robe, which also features prominent floral patterns. It is known that this is an item from brand H, priced in the 150,000 won (115 USD) range. In the 2nd episode, she opted for a luxurious silk robe, which boasts an eye-catching floral print resembling a piece of artwork. This robe belonged to brand S and was priced in the 400,000 won range (over 300 USD).   :7555_attack:

Source: Daum