Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

14 hours ago, Nancyzak said:

Today is KTH’s birthday. Wishing her a wonderful and joyful ......

@Nancyzak, ohhh.....................thanks for this reminder, dear. I'm sure she will have a grand time celebrating her special DAY with RAIN & the (2) kids, aside of course, with both families. :sweet:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KTH! :heart:

• Like 1

Shy to confident, rude to understanding: Here are 5 KDramas with the best character glow ups!

Just like love stories and food, KDramas give us the best character development too! Read on to know if your favourite actor made the list or not.

Can we all agree that one of the best moments in KDramas is when we see a character grow.

Especially when it’s an exceptional development! Plenty of KDramas have been released, are ongoing and will start their filming too. But gone are the days when the audience only loved cheesy romance and jealous exes. What the audience looks for now, is also the depth of the character. It’s not easy to craft a wonderful story in the limits of 16 episodes, but some try to give us an incredible journey of the characters. 

Just like how a fan gets involved in a novel, so it is with the dramas. A character that stays the same throughout the series, with no ups and downs, is a bit boring. Take for example, the gynaecologist Yang Seok Hyeong in Hospital Playlist. There was little to no development of his character - even though quite a few (major) things had happened in his and his friends’ lives. He was still the same shy, hard-to-express-his-feelings guy by the end of the season. 

However, there are some shows who have done great when it came to showing great, realistic character developments! Let’s take a look!

Cha Yu Ri in Hi Bye, Mama! 

whatsapp_image_2021-03-30_at_1.53.02_pm.

Kim Tae Hee’s acting as Cha Yu Ri, a ghost-mother reincarnated for 49 days, stays unparalleled to any other ghost roles ever done. The audience’s hearts break at the same time Cha Yu Ri’s does too - especially when realising that she died just after giving birth. Cha Yu Ri’s character goes from a mother who is impatient and scared for her little daughter (at every step of the way) to a mother who is at peace, knowing that her daughter is in the safest hands. At first, we see her wanting to stay by her child’s side for as long as she can, only to realise in the end, that the child doesn’t really need her - which she again makes peace with. It’s an extremely heart-warming show that should definitely be on your to-watch list!

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/shy-confident-rude-understanding-here-are-5-kdramas-best-character-glow-ups-674036

On 3/30/2021 at 11:40 AM, willenette said:

@Nancyzak, ohhh.....................thanks for this reminder, dear. I'm sure she will have a grand time celebrating her special DAY with RAIN & the (2) kids, aside of course, with both families. :sweet:

HAPPY BIRTHDAY, KTH! :heart:

Hi @willenette dear, yes, I bet they would have a joyous celebration.  :highonflowers: :blush:

• Love 1

5 Actors and Actresses Who Prove They are More Than Just Pretty Faces

South Korean actors and actresses are often admired due to their acting prowess and stunning visuals. Fans and viewers usually see them gracing the covers of prestigious magazines, being the face of popular brands, and appearing in upcoming movies and drama series.

Interestingly, some celebrities are the perfect example of beauty and brains as they prove that they are more than just a pretty face and talent.

With that being said, these five stars are lauded for being the smartest celebrities, who received the highest Korean SAT scores ever recorded.

Kim Tae Hee

Considered as one of South Korea's most beautiful women and CF queens, Kim Tae Hee captured the hearts of the public with her beauty and her undeniable acting skills during her breakthrough role in the 2003 "Stairway to Heaven."

Kim Tae Hee
(Photo : News1)

However, during her early years, the 41-year-old actress scored the nation's top 1 to 1.5 percent with a SAT score between 385 to 390.

With this, the "Hi Bye Mama" actress managed to enter the prestigious Seoul University and has an option to take either natural sciences or apparel studies; however, she chose the latter and majored in fashion design.

A previous report revealed that Kim Tae Hee opted for a fashion design course because she was fascinated by people who work with the creative industry.

(skipped unrelated.....)

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120267/20210405/5-actors-actresses-who-prove-more-pretty-faces.htm

• Like 1

She is so so sooo gorgeous! Until now, I haven't found a show of hers that I completely loved from start to finish (IRIS, Yong Pal, Love Story in Harvard, Jang Ok Jung) but I cannot resist watching her anyway.

:fullofhearts:

• Like 1

17 Most legendary star weddings: Ranks 9-17

On KBS 2TV's 'Entertainment Weekly Live' aired on April 9, the list of the most legendary star weddings was revealed. 

On this day, 17 legendary celebrity weddings were mentioned from ranks 17 to 9. So without any further ado, here is the list of the most legendary star weddings starting from rank 17!

Rank 17: Rain and Kim Tae Hee

It has been revealed that Rain and Kim Tae Hee had met during an advertisement filming back in 2011. They began dating in 2013 and married in 2017. Rain and Kim Tae Hee gained much attention for the top-secret small wedding. The two stars held their wedding at a cathedral that won the architectural award for best harmonizing the traditional Korean Han-Ok and Western architect. The total cost of the wedding venue came at 2 million KRW (~$1,783.93) and the cost of their wedding ring was 250,000 KRW (~$223). It was also reported that Kim Tae Hee, who majored in costume design, made her own wedding dress she wore during the ceremony.

- skipped unrelated -

https://www.allkpop.com/article/2021/04/17-most-legendary-star-weddings-ranks-9-17

Just for the note, the older folks in the CF are not their real parents.

rain + kim tae hee cosy up in new ad

Apr 10, 2021

spacer.png

Rain and Kim Tae Hee… they’re so cute. A new CF with them gifting their parents with massage chairs. I think the elderly folks are their real parents… not too sure though but I suspect so. Anyway, the couple look so happy together. Swwweeeet.

22 hours ago, Jiyuu said:

She is so so sooo gorgeous! Until now, I haven't found a show of hers that I completely loved from start to finish (IRIS, Yong Pal, Love Story in Harvard, Jang Ok Jung) but I cannot resist watching her anyway.

@Jiyuu, I loved her in "Love Story in Harvard". Here, she gives a very appealing performance – beautiful, smart, sexy, loving and principled woman unlike in "Stairway to Heaven", which she was a wicked stepsister you love to hate:sad1:

36 minutes ago, willenette said:

@Jiyuu, I loved her in "Love Story in Harvard". Here, she gives a very appealing performance – beautiful, smart, sexy, loving and principled woman unlike in "Stairway to Heaven", which she was a wicked stepsister you love to hate:sad1:

Oh. Think I'm gonna have to watch it again. Been wanting to see more of Rae Won too so that's a huge bonus.

*** Secret wedding? I guess the right word is private wedding............... :coolshades:

Ultimate Guide to Kim Tae Hee: Korea’s top actress, beauty goddess and KPop legend Rain’s wife

The actress recently starred in the emotional rom com, Hi Bye, Mama! After five years of hiatus. Here’s everything you need to know about her!

kim_tae_hee_main_wm.png?itok=1zCqAqV8

Kim Tae Hee debuted in 2001, has been in the industry for almost two decades, was born in 1980, is 41 years old and is still considered Korea’s beauty goddess. She is filled with talent and stunning visuals. Whatever the actress’ secret may be, her looks don’t look anywhere near even 35 years of age. Unarguably known as the most beautiful actress in the South Korean entertainment industry, Kim Tae Hee has been a part of many incredible shows and movies that have proven her acting talents. 

Even though the actress is known as Korea’s Beauty Queen, she isn’t much active on either social media or elsewise. Being in the top tier of the popular faces isn’t easy but we see stars give their updates regularly as to constantly be in touch with their fans. But with Kim Tae Hee, it’s quite the opposite. She’s known to keep a relatively low profile and even succeed in it. Which is why when the actress came back  on Instagram with a new account in January 2020, fans as usual, couldn’t stop gushing about her. It was when the actress started promotions for her comeback show, ‘Hi Bye, Mama!’.

Let’s start with things you ought to know about the star to be called a true Kim Tae Hee fan!

Kim Tae Hee and Rain had a secret wedding!

tae_hee_x_rain_wm.png?itok=LsADYACH

You read that right. Korea’s beauty goddess married the K-Pop legend, Rain (Real name: Jung Ji Hoon). Rain was the one who announced their engagement first, in 2017. The news was still a surprise, even when fans already knew that the actors were dating. Dispatch had first revealed the rumor that the couple were dating back in 2013. Fast forward to 2017, the couple had a private wedding with only close friends and family two days after announcing their engagement. The couple now has two beautiful daughters, born in 2017 and 2019. 

Kim Tae Hee loves a low profile, even with husband Rain

Another thing everyone knows about the gorgeous actress is that she doesn’t come in the limelight much. She uploads pictures on her Instagram once in a few months even. And that is the same case with the couple too. They don’t make many public appearances and keep their married life private. That’s why she recently made headlines when she was confirmed to star in Rain’s first boy group Ciipher’s debut music video! Even in the variety show ‘Master in The House’, where the hosts visited Rain’s house, the actress did not make an appearance in the show. 

She studied at the Seoul National University and is best friends with Lee Honey

No wonder the actress is amazing in everything she does - even when it comes to dressing up. Kim Tae Hee moved to Seoul in 1999 and graduated from the prestigious Seoul National University with a Bachelor’s in Fashion Design! She’s also best friends with the popular model, actress, and classical musician Lee Honey as they both attended SNU together. It was also reported by some media channels that Kim Tae Hee’s wedding bouquet was given to her by Lee Honey!

Where did all of this start for Kim Tae Hee?

It all started on a subway. Yes, a subway. Kim Tae Hee was scouted by an agent on a subway and that was the start of her modelling career. She started appearing in TV commercials and print ads. After these, her acting career started with a small role in the melodrama ‘Last Present’ which was released in 2001. But her career shot to fame only in 2003, when she acted in the drama, ‘Stairway To Heaven’. 

The talented actress has dabbled both in films and dramas and earned accolades for them both. Her most notable works include ‘Love Story in Harvard’, ‘Forbidden Love’, ‘Yong-pal’, ‘The Restless’, ‘Iris’ and the recent comeback hit ‘Hi Bye, Mama!’. Till now, she has won 18 awards in total for her impeccable acting at major award shows such as KBS Drama Awards, Blue Dragon Film Awards and more. She even owns multiple valuable buildings in Korea and a $2 million USD house in California! She recently made headlines when the couple slashed the rent prices for the tenants, helping them lessen their burden, for the building Kim Tae Hee and Rain own together.  

source : https://www.pinkvilla.com/entertainment/ultimate-guide-kim-tae-hee-korea-s-top-actress-beauty-goddess-and-kpop-legend-rain-s-wife-699086

• Like 1

Kim Tae Hee Relationship Status 2021: 'Stairway to Heaven' Actress and Rain Are Still in Marital Bliss

kim-tae-hee.jpg?w=900

Everyone knows Kim Tae Hee is already married, especially because her husband is Rain. This makes them one of the most popular married celebrity couples in South Korea. The question of course is how married life is treating them and if they are still alright, in the middle of a pandemic where the entertainment industry is also badly hit.

Kim Tae Hee Relationship Status 2021: Is She and Rain Still Okay?

It appears that Kim Tae Hee and Rain are still in marital bliss. This is good to know for their respective fans. The two, who have been married since January 2017, have worked out their rhythm and family life, so everything is quite right.

In a recent interview, Korean singer and actor Rain revealed one thing why they are having such a good marriage, or why he can be considered the perfect husband. It appears that he is unlike most husbands because according to him, he does things around the house on his own and not get help from his wife on most things. While married couples should help each other, Rain just revealed that it is possible for husbands to pick up after themselves, instead of burdening their wives.

He revealed this tidbit on a special guest appearance on the variety series "My Ugly Duckling" on December 27, 2020.

"So I don't really get scolded too much (compared to other husbands), " he even joked.

https://www.instagram.com/p/CH-SqS0A74y/?utm_source=ig_embed

Rain and Kim Tae Hee's Peculiar Household Rule

The two now share two kids. Rain revealed that he does the cooking around the house, one thing wives would also love to hear from their husbands no doubt.

The father of two says he even does the cooking. Rain, however, revealed that they have a system at home that is not even that normal in other households.

The actor said that when cooking or buying food, he is very particular about the serving size. They have a rule when one says he or she will not eat, then this will be respected. "I buy my own food, in exactly the serving size that I need to eat, and I set it aside. So I'll ask (my wife) in advance, 'Do you want to eat?' And if no one wants to eat, I'll prepare a meal just for myself alone, eat it, do the dishes, and clean up everything. I like doing things that way."

He was asked what he would do if Kim Tae Hee later wants to eat and he directly said that this is not possible. The rule is that if Kim already said no in the first place, then she cannot change her mind or share his food.

"I have a specific serving size that I need to eat in order to feel full that day," he explained.

Kim Tae Hee Relationship with Rain Works Because of Another Commonality

It seems that both Rain and Kim Tae Hee are frugal - despite being one of the richest couples in Korea. They both came from wealthy families and their colorful careers made sure that both of them have built individually handsome net worth before they married and come together as one.

And yet, in a very recent report, it was reported that they only spent $1600 on their wedding day! None of them thought that was too little and both were happy with the decision. This shows just how in sync they are with each other.

source : https://www.kdramastars.com/articles/120415/20210420/kim-tae-hee-relationship-status-2021-is-stairway-to-heaven-star-and-rain-still-okay.htm

• Like 1

KTH and Rain in Bodyfriend and LaCloud CF and advertisements.

spacer.png

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

KTH in Olivia Lauren’s Spring Fashion.

Spoiler

spacer.png

Spoiler

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

Edited by ferily
Maximum 3 images or videos per post. Please put everything else in the spoiler tag

On 4/24/2021 at 10:21 PM, Nancyzak said:

KTH in Olivia Lauren’s Spring Fashion.

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

Reveal hidden contents

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

spacer.png

@Nancyzak, thanks for sharing this. I noticed that KTH has been under long-term contract for the company, huh? I'm happy for her. Olivia Lauren is in good hands. I love all her clothes for this Spring fashion especially the 1st one. I heard that the theme of the shoot has been described as Romance On The Blue Sea or Sunlight in Malibu. KTH looks stunning in the photos. She has a convincing image of natural youth despite of her age &  post motherhood. :heart3:

• Like 1

On 4/28/2021 at 4:50 PM, willenette said:

@Nancyzak, thanks for sharing this. I noticed that KTH has been under long-term contract for the company, huh? I'm happy for her. Olivia Lauren is in good hands. I love all her clothes for this Spring fashion especially the 1st one. I heard that the theme of the shoot has been described as Romance On The Blue Sea or Sunlight in Malibu. KTH looks stunning in the photos. She has a convincing image of natural youth despite of her age &  post motherhood. :heart3:

Hi @willenette

I’ve no idea how long her contract with Olivia Lauren is, but I totally agree with you, that she looks really good in the shots. Thank you for sharing the theme of her Spring fashion. I missed it, hahaha.... Oh, she is also doing very well with Botalab’s, Serybox and as we have all noticed, the collaboration between her and Rain was expanded from LaCloud to Bodyfriend. That says something isn’t it, for herself as well as with Rain as a popular SK power couple. 

That said, I don’t see any CF for JM Solution. Not sure if the contract has expired...

• Like 2