Kim Tae Hee * 김태희 * 金泰希 * キムテヒ

Nancyzak

Hi @willenette,

Thanks for sharing the TV programme schedule. Are you celebrating Chuseok? If you do, Happy Chuseok to you!

You are right that some parts of the EPs are long and they are the repetitive and extended flashbacks.

A flashback of the operation of YJ explained a bit about CL's background of how he was saved from malpractice suit after his successful ops of YJ, which is the last but crucial to save her life. So does the ones of TH's side about his family background and his mother's death.

On the part of YJ, since she had too many flashback of the car accident, I wondered at one point in time, whether it holds some more clue to some other things. As we are approaching the end of YP, I think that scene only serves one purpose, i.e. just a nightmare to YJ until she discovered the truth about SH's betrayal of her. With many commentators in forums getting excited/worried/having mixed feelings/having the foreboding feeling, etc, and can't stop guessing the unexpected reversal to the story, I again wondered whether this car accident flashback may come back again. Oh no, not again, hahaha....   :P:lol: .....  but if it serves a significance to the ending, I hope it is not too long a flashback. :D

On the unexpected reversal to the story, DF puts up this article. I am, without doubt going for No. 1. I will be one of those who plan to hunt down the writer-him if no good ending for YongJin couple! ;):D

Yong Pal promises the return of Stephanie Lee and a surprise ending

http://www.dramafever.com/news/yong-pal-promises-the-return-of-stephanie-lee-and-a-surprise-ending-/

Hi Nancyzak, ye I am - but here in my side where I am right now they don't, so it's not holiday here unlike in Korea, which is celebrated with a three-day national holiday .....I feast myself on mooncakes, though - hahaha. The day after Chuseok, I usually visit the families of my BF in Seoul (not the immediate since they're in US-) but it's been quite a long while since I haven't done this. I usually receive a gift from him a week before Chuseok. Thanks for sharing a bit of what the drama has been & will going to be soon.....I hope also for a happy ending, dear. I hope I would be satisfied with the ending so I could wish there was more! I guess the (2) lead characters deserve the happiness at the end that was long overdue. The romance was not silly. Thanks for sharing the link from dramafever. Surprise ending? I'm curious & excited, huh? :P

Hi @willenette,

When I think of Chuseok celebration, I only see in my mind the glutinous and stone like looking colourful mini rice cakes. Until you mentioned in your post above, I have never consciously make a connection between Chuseok and the Mooncake Festival that is celebrated at my place because the shape of mooncakes is totally not the same as the Chuseok rice cakes. If I were to think harder of the mid-Autumn festival, then I can make another connection there as well. I too feast on mooncakes, the Chinese style. There was one time when I only ate mooncake the entire day! Now, I only take a bite or two and my favourite is the one with lotus paste filling. I hope you have a great time catching up with family members for your Chuseok celebration! 

The preview for episode 17 is out. Briefly, YJ faints at the ribbon cutting ceremony and TH saw it on TV. (It seems that she has begun to hallucinate). I would love to see TH’s reaction! I hope he runs to see YJ. Separately, CY discovers YJ's weakness. Don’t know what it is and CY will try to convince other presidents/shareholders to ‘dethrone’ YJ as the Chairwoman of Hanshin Group. Many expected CY to avenge DJ’s death, when she gave that determined face at end of episode 16. I am, of course, betting YJ to overcome whatever revenge that CY is planning. I hope the USB that was given to YJ is put to good use! :D

Edited by Nancyzak

Below are 2 messages, which are self-explanatory, courtesy of luci13 at Soompi Yongpal thread, which I help spread here.

They are messages for interest in Director’s Cut DVD/Blu-ray of Yongpal.

I will update as and when I get more information.

MESSAGE NO. 1

Dear International fans,

Thanks for your interest on YongPal (The Gang Doctor) and dvd box.

This is Promotion Team for the Director's cut DVD/Blue-ray of YongPal. 

The Promotion team is not for a profit-making and the team is composed of YongPal fans. We are also gathering voluntarily to wish have the Director's Cut DVD.

Therefore, it is difficult to answer the DVD/Blue-ray of YongPal's release date and other requests on specifications of DVD including special video clips and other benefits.

To release the Director's cut DVD/Blue-ray of YongPal, applying for the speculative demand is really important.

The more speculative demand is expected, the more likely Director's cut DVD is released.

* Speculative demand survey is a kind of preliminary study for the actual demand to buy DVD/Blue-ray when it is released.

Soon or later, the DAUM CAFE for the Promotion Team for the Director's cut DVD/Blue-ray of YongPal will be opened.

We are now preparing for the opening the DAUM Cafe which is all the process and progress for the release of YongPal Director's Cut DVD/Blue-ray will be noticed and discussed. You can apply for speculative demand survey, ask the questions, and request on DVD specifications at the DAUM Cafe.

For international fans who have difficulty in joining the DAUM CAFE, we are considering receive speculative applications via email as well.

If you have more questions before the DAUM CAFE opening please contact us(yong82dvd@gmail.com).

Please advertise this to other international fans of YongPal and give your warm supports and cheers.

Look forward to bring good news soon.

Thank you.

Toto from

The Promotion Team for the Director's Cut DVD/Blue-ray of YongPal

LpoHOVv.jpg

MESSAGE NO. 2

Dear LuSe,

Thanks for the mail. we also have known SOOMPI's well supports and love on the K-dramas and entertainment. Very glad to have contact from your community and fans of our lovely Yonghan couple of YongPal.

As noticed at Daum Cafe board called [Notice for International fans], Promotion team accept applications by mail(yong82dvd@gmail.com) for international fans who are likely to buy and have director's cut dvd and blu-ray.

Please send the below forms filled with each fans information.

[Speculative demand application form]

Name/Country/Quantity of DVD/Blu-ray to demand/email-address

ex. YongPal/Korea/ 1 dvd and 1 blu-ray/yongpal@yongpal.com
ex. Kim Tae Hyun/Korea/ 2 dvd/kim@hsmedical.org
ex. Han Yeo Jin/Korea/ 1 blu-ray/ceo@hanshin.co.kr

* email address is added!

** The reason we are asking your email address is to send important notice and updates regarding progress of YongPal Director's Cut DVD/Blu-ray Promotion Team**

If you have any other inquiries, contact me by this mail.
Thank you and look forward to hearing from you again!!

Toto from
The Promotion Team for the Director's Cut DVD/Blu-ray of YongPal

So, guys! go send them your application!

Well, demand survey usually needs minimum 2000 applications/requests to get the Director's Cut/Blue Ray DVD to happen. Please keep in mind that you must not buy it when released, since they kinda need a certain number of request to get the production team goes ahead with it. If some of you are admins from various fanbases around the world, please spread the words! ^^

I personally want the Director's Cut because they usually include more BTS, commentary from casts, uncut versions of certain scenes! XD so, let's make it happen!

Annyeong everybody!!!

I posted the above in back page.

Now, the Promotion Team has ceased all promotion for Yongpal Director cut DVD/Bluray. See the message below, posted by luci13 in Soompi Yongpal thread.

Hopefully, SBS decides on its own to release such DVD/Bluray!

Or, we can make our wish to have such DVD/Bluray known in SBS Yongpal FB, for example! Yes/No? ;):D

MESSAGE 3

Dear International fans wish to release YongPal Director’s Cut DVD/BR,

Hello, this is Toto, Team Leader, YongPal Director's Cut DVD/ BluRay Promotion Team and master of its online basement, DAUM Cafe. We appreciate efforts and supports from fan community and many other international fans on Promotion team.

We regret to announce the Promotion Team has been dissolved and no more promotion for YongPal Director's Cut DVD by Promotion Team. To be honest, it is called “Team” but the only member was me alone since there was no staffs were joined. It is very sorry to report this news as Promotion Team and as a one of big fans to eager to promote director’s edition dvd of our great drama YongPal as well. For asking your understanding, we would like to inform you details of progress of promotion team’s works on YongPal director’s cut dvd.

1. Progress of YP Director’s Cut DVD

Since the Promotion team was formed, we have advertised speculative demand application to domestic and oversea fans by opening online basement(DAUM Cafe), launching SNS(Instagram and Facebook Page, and official email) accounts for public relations and contacting stakeholders of dvd production such as SBS, management, and production distributor.

We contacted twice(Sep.22 and Sep. 25) by phone to ask opinions on director’s cut dvd production and to report speculative demand application. Main points are discussed as follows:

-       SBS were planned to release director’s cut DVD and director of YongPal was positive on director’s cut dvd

-       There was some preparation done by DVD production distributor such as taking special making video etc.

-       However, they finally decided not to release director’s cut DVD since there was low demands and low participations of viewers (by their monitoring online, Daum Cafe and DC gallery etc.)

2. Promotion Team failed to recruit members

YongPal Promotion team for director’s cut organized very late when only 4 episodes are left; that is we faced very busy schedule to work for promotion. Unfortunately, there was only one team member to conduct variety roles such as advertisement, translation, design, and Daum cafe management since promotion team was initiated. There were no applicants for DVD promotion team while we recruit team members who can help me to work on via Daum Cafe and DC gallery. *FYI, drama director’s cut promotion team is organized by its fans and they are gathering voluntarily. At least 4 members of promotion team is needed even there was 10 members at the most in case of other drama team.*

If we assume to start Pre-Order(which is an indicator of actual demands), Promotion team should take a role of bridge between consumers(fans) and production distributor to negotiate dvd specifications and benefits. It is impossible to continue promotion team alone without any staffs taking account of critical role of each members of Promotion team. Because Promotion team is not only a representative of viewers(fans) but also is taking responsibility to contribute to deliver fans’ request on better director’s cut dvd. We, actually I, concluded this condition doesn’t make sense to continue Promotion team and feel very sorry to this situation.

We regret to inform you that Promotion team for YongPal Director’s cut DVD suspended all promotion activities finally. Besides, I resigned as Promotion Team leader as of September 25, 2015.

We appreciate warm supports and efforts and everything done for Promotion team even if there was no translation other than English. It was my pleasure having you through our great drama YongPal.

Yours sincerely,

Promotion Team for YongPal Director’s Cut DVD/BluRay

Group picture of the Yongpal cast and crews.

Credit image below : http://www.pikore.com/m/1084637769969965348_606625517

12080570_1630590037229997_233088193_n.jp

I have no clue how to rate/judge calligraphy but this is really nice!

Credit image below : http://www.pikore.com/m/1084473898540643908_2170368244

11257084_1502148073442067_804549910_n.jp

Credit c-strip below : As tagged via http://www.pikore.com/m/1084587927857491624_1801402010

11246401_1613878442208015_998166584_n.jp

Credit image below : http://www.pikore.com/m/1084728232442882270_381286561

11931047_550625088422216_1066169891_n.jp

Images below are from SBS Yongpal FB.

12052411_1626078307646272_66335362783919

12042969_1626078160979620_50368733918368

12004953_1626078177646285_16287616089969

12019820_1626078200979616_63569283158616

12036954_1626078270979609_84318377739537

12036826_1626078274312942_31707628454162

12046908_1626078277646275_74934509877392

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 4

I'm excited for tomorrow's episode, yet so sad for the same reason. Seems like I have YP, fever even my semi twin sister does too. I don't know how the finale episodes will look like, but I want a happy ending. JOJ ending made me sick, I even drank  paracetamol to cool down the headache and slept, but i was still not fine. I hope YP ending will do the opposite.

@Nancyzak love, , thanks so much for the updates, recap, and yes those gorgeous JOJ and YJ pictures, you are such a darling, thanks again. In regards to what you said about the CDs in your country, in mine it remains in season's even after the drama ends. I couldn't reply your post then bcos i had problems posting comments.

Thanks to everyone for the updates, and for making this thread so much fun to read.

Edited by laughter4christ
  • Like 2

Stills for tonight's episode.

Poor YJ. The expression of her unexpectedly seeing her man happy with CY?

My take is, whatever the cause maybe, her condition, i.e. lonely, falling ill/hallucinating and fainting (and TH seeing it on TV) creates the right opportunity for YongJin couple to meet and hopefully, this 'second chance' becomes the catalyst to their happy ending!

A201509300052_1.jpg

73908039.1.jpg

• Like 3

Hi Nancyzak, ye I am - but here in my side where I am right now they don't, so it's not holiday here unlike in Korea, which is celebrated with a three-day national holiday .....I feast myself on mooncakes, though - hahaha. The day after Chuseok, I usually visit the families of my BF in Seoul (not the immediate since they're in US-) but it's been quite a long while since I haven't done this. I usually receive a gift from him a week before Chuseok. Thanks for sharing a bit of what the drama has been & will going to be soon.....I hope also for a happy ending, dear. I hope I would be satisfied with the ending so I could wish there was more! I guess the (2) lead characters deserve the happiness at the end that was long overdue. The romance was not silly. Thanks for sharing the link from dramafever. Surprise ending? I'm curious & excited, huh? :P

Hi @willenette,

When I think of Chuseok celebration, I only see in my mind the glutinous and stone like looking colourful mini rice cakes. Until you mentioned in your post above, I have never consciously make a connection between Chuseok and the Mooncake Festival that is celebrated at my place because the shape of mooncakes is totally not the same as the Chuseok rice cakes. If I were to think harder of the mid-Autumn festival, then I can make another connection there as well. I too feast on mooncakes, the Chinese style. There was one time when I only ate mooncake the entire day! Now, I only take a bite or two and my favourite is the one with lotus paste filling. I hope you have a great time catching up with family members for your Chuseok celebration! 

The preview for episode 17 is out. Briefly, YJ faints at the ribbon cutting ceremony and TH saw it on TV. (It seems that she has begun to hallucinate). I would love to see TH’s reaction! I hope he runs to see YJ. Separately, CY discovers YJ's weakness. Don’t know what it is and CY will try to convince other presidents/shareholders to ‘dethrone’ YJ as the Chairwoman of Hanshin Group. Many expected CY to avenge DJ’s death, when she gave that determined face at end of episode 16. I am, of course, betting YJ to overcome whatever revenge that CY is planning. I hope the USB that was given to YJ is put to good use! :D

Hi Nancyzak, we call it "Songpyeon" (Korean rice cakes), which in Korea they are served these during ceremony. (‘Charye‘ is an important rite performed during the Chuseok holiday, as it honors one’s ancestors with a temporary shrine, containing certain foods and drinks.) These items are placed in specific spots on a table. The lotus paste filling is also my favorite. I also hope you had a grand time! :P

• Like 1

Stills of YJ, some of which posted above, from SBS Yongpal official site.

Img0404_20150930103256_3.jpg\

Img0404_20150930103256_5.jpg

Img0404_20150930103256_2.jpg

Img0404_20150930103256_1.jpg

Img0404_20150930103256_4.jpg

Img0404_20150930103256_6.jpg

Img0404_20150930103256_7.jpg

Img0404_20150930103256_8.jpg

Img0404_20150930103304_1.jpg

http://program.sbs.co.kr/builder/endPage.do?pgm_id=22000008289&pgm_mnu_id=36909&pgm_build_id=10801&pageIdx=1&listOrder=regDtDesc&searchCondition=title&searchKeyword=&contNo=10000395729

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 2

Credit Shushu Duabo

497673.jpg?w=600&h=576&crop=1

PARK HYE SOO – ONLY REMEMBER ME (YONG PAL OST)

I was lost for countless days
Then as if it was fate, I finally met you
As if the world stopped
Every time I get scared, I’m reminded of the past when I was alone

Even if I live for just one day, I’m happy because of you
Don’t be sad, don’t say anything
Just stay by my side so I can see your face
Today and tomorrow, only remember me

Inside my heart that was once hardened
I feel your warmth
Every time I look at you, I smile for no reason
Thank you, now I think I finally know

It’s not hard
If only you’re always by my side
I’ll be by your side, I’ll believe in you

http://popgasa.com/2015/09/29/park-hye-soo-only-remember-me-yong-pal-ost/

Yongpal ranks the 3rd Best TV programme in South Korea in the month of September 2015.

Image and credit as tagged via http://www.pikore.com/m/1083618686705719014_2100051140

11875400_487220431438186_753902101_n.jpg

Collage of YongJin couple.

Image and credit : http://www.pikore.com/m/1084035427905594071_1515114119

11887257_918423114892798_583248247_n.jpg

C-strip, credit : http://www.pikore.com/m/1085165382360067436_1801402010

11355734_1468166490156829_571039924_n.jp

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 3

SPOILERS!!!

BTS pictures taken by fans and staff.

Credit image below : http://www.pikore.com/m/1085237548388345995_755471689

12093238_1678365345711952_1154325685_n.j

Credit image below : As tagged via http://www.pikore.com/m/1085381972075105875_1590507450

11875511_421285281409870_1835658420_n.jp

Credit image below : http://www.pikore.com/m/1085251923971694728_1754207327

11909249_471457146367001_519823012_n.jpg

Credit image below : As tagged via http://www.pikore.com/m/1085384842958753414_1590507450

11875478_1632282587038348_1987198611_n.j

C-strip, credit as tagged via http://www.pikore.com/m/1085283064849853683_1801402010

11875462_148957155455390_1881316887_n.jp

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 2

I'm excited for tomorrow's episode, yet so sad for the same reason. Seems like I have YP, fever even my semi twin sister does too. I don't know how the finale episodes will look like, but I want a happy ending. JOJ ending made me sick, I even drank  paracetamol to cool down the headache and slept, but i was still not fine. I hope YP ending will do the opposite.

@Nancyzak love, , thanks so much for the updates, recap, and yes those gorgeous JOJ and YJ pictures, you are such a darling, thanks again. In regards to what you said about the CDs in your country, in mine it remains in season's even after the drama ends. I couldn't reply your post then bcos i had problems posting comments.

Thanks to everyone for the updates, and for making this thread so much fun to read.

You are welcome, and thank you very much for your presence here and support, my dear! :)

Me too, hoping, wishing, praying and cross fingers and toes for not an ending like JOJLIL but a very happy ending for YongJin couple!!! Fighting and high five!!!:wub::wub::wub:

Oh, the half-half CDs that I mentioned are for those who can’t wait for the entires episodes in I pack of CDs to be sold. When the drama ends and the package of CDs are displayed for sale, the half-half CDs will be sold until stock lasts. If the drama is popular, there will be repeated reproduction of the CDs for sale for many years at my place. :D

• Like 2

When they parted in last episode (in raw version), my eyes were dried throughout.

When they meet and kissed in tonight's episode (again in raw version), gosh, I cried, LOL!! :P:D Ohhhh, love, love, love the reunion!!! :wub::wub::wub:

Before I post the screencaps, I got to say that I love TH's renovated his roof top house as well as the spread of flowers in full blossom in his house's compound! 

YJ slays more as the badass Chairwoman [or rather, KTH slays more in her acting chops!!!]

Everybody around her is plotting to bring her down, headed by CY (with the help of Min?). Grrrrr, watch out you minion alligators and alligators wannabe in next episode! ^_^

Screencaps from the Nate news.

201509302236414975365_20150930223715_01.

http://news.nate.com/view/20150930n48165

art_1443621218.jpg

http://news.nate.com/view/20150930n48292

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 4

‘Yong Pal’ releases new stills of a forlorn looking Kim Tae Hee

http://kpopfighting.com/2015/09/30/yong-pal-releases-new-stills-of-a-forlorn-looking-kim-tae-hee/

Credit : Onur Erdem 3

New OSTs for Yongpal.

Credit to both videos above : COZENO - OST

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 2

Omo, i watched the preview of tonight's episode and it's so sad:tears:. Oh the writer should not spoil the fun for me, if he does I'll never forgive him.

The preview does look really sad, but preview may not necessarily be what it seems to be. It's known to gets viewers worked up to watch the episode. So, keep up with the faith for a good ending that is different from JOJLIL! :)

• Like 2

Gosh, reading the dialogue in this article makes me all misty-eyed. I'm sure I'll cry buckets of tears when I watch the English subbed later! :tears::P:D .... Loving the reunion to bits!!! :wub::wub::wub:

"Yong Pal" Joo Won and Kim Tae-hee reunite with a kiss

http://www.hancinema.net/spoiler-yong-pal-joo-won-and-kim-tae-hee-reunite-with-a-kiss-87106.html

"Yong Pal" comes in first, 18.4%

http://www.hancinema.net/yong-pal-comes-in-first-18-4percent-87103.html

'Yong Pal' Ratings Dropped Below 20 Percent As The Series Draws To A Close

http://www.kdramastars.com/articles/99333/20150930/yong-pal-ratings-drop-below-20-percent-as-the-series-draws-to-a-close.htm

Edited by Nancyzak
  • Like 2

@Nancyzak,

i really want to stay positive right now, but until tonight's episode pass with lots of joy and happiness, i don't think i'll be fine. But i have hope though, since the writer is full of suprises. So i'm keeping my fingers and toes crossed aswell. Edited by laughter4christ
  • Like 2

"Yong Pal" final episode - Kim Tae-hee selfie, "Thanks to my fans we had good snacks and coffee"

photo639206.jpg

With one more episode to go, Kim Tae-hee posted a selfie of herself.

She posted a picture of herself on her official Instagram. She is smiling brightly with coffee and snacks supposedly from her fans.

She said, "The staff and I had a great time with the snacks and coffee from my fans!"

"Thank you so much. We have been energized by your support. Thank you again and we will do our best until the end".

Meanwhile, the final episode of "Yong Pal" can be seen on October 1st.

Source : www.segye.com/content...

Translation : Hancinema

• Like 3